|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Irv Ornstein?
2. What is the doctor's recommendation for Paul?
3. What does Frank tell Sally when he calls her from the Basketball Hall of Fame?
4. What does Frank notice on Paul's right wrist?
5. Who is the young woman that Frank meets at the answer to #126?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Frank and Paul do after they reach their hotel for the night?
2. Describe the breakfast experience between Frank and Paul.
3. How do Frank and Ann bond momentarily over Paul's injury?
4. What does Frank learn about Paul's condition at the hospital?
5. What does Ann tell Frank about what Paul had done to Charley yesterday?
6. Explain Frank's frustrations with the Markhams.
7. How does Ann respond when Frank calls to tell her about Paul's accident?
8. What does Irv tell Frank about his memories of their life?
9. What is the scenario between Frank and Paul as Paul is being wheeled out to the helicopter?
10. How does Frank respond when Charley makes an attempt to be friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project what you think will happen to Paul. Will this Independence Day weekend with Frank have had a positive impact on him? Will he be able to learn to be happy again? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Frank intends to speak to Paul about the Declaration of Independence and Emerson's SELF-RELIANCE during this weekend. Explain what Frank intends to glean from these documents that might be applicable for Paul. Is Frank hiding behind these documents because he truly believes them or because he cannot find his own words?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Markhams. What are their physical characteristics? What are their personality traits? What is the state of their relationship?
This section contains 1,314 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)