|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose home does Frank live?
(a) His best friend's
(b) His own
(c) His mother's
(d) His ex-wife's
2. Ann tells Frank that Paul flipped out and hit Charley with ____________________.
(a) A deck chair
(b) His fist
(c) A broom
(d) An oarlock
3. What season is it when the story begins?
4. What is the name of Frank's editorial?
(a) There's no place like home
(b) Home is where the heart is
(c) Buyer vs. Seller
(d) Buyer beware
5. What does the man in #94 think Frank is?
(a) A lunatic
(b) A real estate shark
(c) A straight up guy
(d) A great golfer
6. According to Frank, buying a home is ____________________________.
(a) One of the most hopeful things a person can do
(b) A smart investment
(c) A luxury
(d) A privilege
7. Why does Sally call Frank "a wife's dream?"
(a) He is sensitive
(b) He takes out the trash
(c) He doesn't snore
(d) He buys jewelry
8. What topic does Frank intend to talk to Paul about?
9. What is one of the things Frank must take care of before leaving on the weekend trip?
(a) Change the oil in the car
(b) Collect rent
(c) Pack a bag
(d) Go to the bank
10. Where does Frank pick up prospective home buyers, Joe and Phyllis Markham?
(a) Holiday Inn
(b) Sleepy Hollow Motel
(c) Penn's Woods Motel
(d) Haddam Extended Stay Hotel
11. What is the one thing Frank worked on consistently?
(a) Healing the relationship with his children
(b) His real estate license
(c) His golf game
(d) His boating skills
12. Who is Vonda Lusk?
(a) A mortgage broker
(b) A teller at the bank
(c) The office cleaning lady
(d) The receptionist at the real estate office
13. With whom had Frank gone on night fishing excursions not too far from Sally's beach house?
(b) The Lewis twins
(c) Divorced Men's Club
14. Who are the twins that work part time for the real estate company?
15. What does Sally do each year on the Fourth of July?
(a) Takes stock of her accomplishments that year
(b) Goes to a parade
(c) Goes to the seashore
(d) Hosts a cookout
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Clair Devane?
2. Why do the Markhams balk at the idea of renting Frank's house?
3. What does Frank notice about the woman across the street?
4. Sally Caldwell's husband returned from the Vietnam War and __________________________.
5. What club did Frank join upon returning to Haddam?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)