• Frank Bascombe, a real estate agent in Haddam, New Jersey, enjoys his life and anticipates the time he will spend with his son, Paul, during the upcoming Fourth of July weekend.
• Frank has been divorced from his ex-wife, Ann, for seven years and their children, Paul and Clarissa, live with their mother.
• Frank lives in his ex-wife's home and she lives with her new husband, Charley O'Dell, in Connecticut.
• Paul has recently been getting into some trouble with shoplifting and assault and battery.
• Frank has dedicated himself to spending more time with Paul and plans to integrate the lessons from Independence Day with Paul's need to grow up and be independent too.
• Frank drives to his real estate office and bemoans the influx of low class tourists.
• Frank heads to one of his two rental properties in hopes of collecting the rent from the McLeods.
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)