|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom notice most about Sam's physique?
2. What is Irene watching on TV while Sam and Emmett clear out her old room?
3. What Doors song is playing on the radio when Sam is decorating the ceramic cat?
4. What is the plan Emmett announces out of the blue?
5. What radio station's DJ's tell sick jokes that Sam doesn't like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sam speculate on the moment of origin?
2. Why does Irene want Emmett to warn her next time he comes to Lexington and how does Emmett respond to her sarcasm?
3. How does Sam speculate on how women would run the world if they had the power men had?
4. Why did Emmett get soured on the war and who did he get involved with afterward?
5. How does Emmett end up at Irene's house in Lexington?
6. Why didn't Sam give her mother the ceramic cat she decorated when Irene gave her $600 to buy the car?
7. How does Sam react as they are getting closer to the Vietnam Memorial?
8. How does Lonnie feel about Sam's car and how does Sam respond to his feelings?
9. According to Sam, what do girls, boys, women, and talk about and how are men different?
10. What do the arms of the willow tree shadowed on her wall remind Sam of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does having a car symbolize for Sam? How does she feel when she finally gets it?
Essay Topic 2
How is Sam's impression of Vietnam different from soldier accounts of life there? How does Emmett feel about her impression of the war?
Essay Topic 3
What happens to Sam's impression of her father when she finds his journal?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)