|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam thinks she has always been good at figuring out what?
2. What does Sam's mouth taste like to her in the morning after being at Tom's?
3. What does Grandma say when she and Sam are talking and Grandpa teasingly inquires about their conversation?
4. Why can't Irene go dancing like she used to?
5. Where does Donna's husband work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sam feel about her current status as a runaway?
2. Why does a curious pleasure steal over Sam as she hears someone approaching on the boardwalk at Caewood's Pond?
3. What does Irene ask Sam about the plot of the movie, "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"?
4. How does Irene describe Bob?
5. How does Sam speculate on how women would run the world if they had the power men had?
6. According to Sam, what do girls, boys, women, and talk about and how are men different?
7. Why does Irene want Emmett to warn her next time he comes to Lexington and how does Emmett respond to her sarcasm?
8. How does Sam blame herself for what went wrong with Tom at his apartment?
9. Why did Emmett get soured on the war and who did he get involved with afterward?
10. When Tom asks if Sam wants eggs, what does she assume will happen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The house Sam lives in is falling apart. Explain how the house is a metaphor for in this book.
Essay Topic 2
To Sam, Dawn represents the status quo in Hopewell. How? What does Sam tell her to to do to avoid being part of the norm there?
Essay Topic 3
Sam believes Emmett has been exposed to Agent Orange. Why does she think this? How does Emmett react? Why does she worry so much about Emmett?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)