|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since Dawn got pregnant, Sam has been feeling that if she doesn't watch her step, her life could be ruined by something stupid like what?
2. Irene drove through Paducah like a what in her new Trans Am?
3. What does Grandma say when she and Sam are talking and Grandpa teasingly inquires about their conversation?
4. How does the V.A. treat Tom's sexual dysfunction problem?
5. From where does Sam impulsively buy smoked oysters, cocktail hot dogs, smoked octopus, and other gourmet treats?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Sam when a man tries to pick up on her and how does she react to his advances?
2. Why did Emmett get soured on the war and who did he get involved with afterward?
3. How does Sam speculate on how women would run the world if they had the power men had?
4. How does Lonnie feel about Sam's car and how does Sam respond to his feelings?
5. Why hadn't the the previous occupant of Sam's house, Bessie, thrown away the liquor bottles her husband had drunk from?
6. Why does Sam have the feeling that everyone around her is shooting off in all directions?
7. How does Sam perceive the Washington Monument and the flag near the Vietnam Memorial?
8. How does Sam feel about cats and what does Dawn say about them?
9. What does Irene ask Sam about the plot of the movie, "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"?
10. When Tom asks if Sam wants eggs, what does she assume will happen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sam is resentful of her mother's new baby. Explain why.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Lexington and Hopewell. What are Irene's feelings about both places in relation to Sam?
Essay Topic 3
What happens to Sam's impression of her father when she finds his journal?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)