|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of the jungle marching, Dwayne writes that his feet look like what?
2. What is going on in New Orleans that Lorenzo jones thinks Mawmaw should see?
3. Who comes by to take Sam home for Sunday dinner?
4. Mawmaw wants to do what to Dwayne's name on the memorial?
5. What radio station's DJ's tell sick jokes that Sam doesn't like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Sam give her mother the ceramic cat she decorated when Irene gave her $600 to buy the car?
2. What do the arms of the willow tree shadowed on her wall remind Sam of?
3. How does Sam speculate on the moment of origin?
4. What does Sam think would have happened if her parents had waited to have her until Dwayne got back from the war?
5. What does Tom say about his state of mind concerning his sexual interaction with women?
6. How does Sam feel about her current status as a runaway?
7. How does Lonnie feel about Sam's car and how does Sam respond to his feelings?
8. When Tom asks if Sam wants eggs, what does she assume will happen?
9. What does Irene ask Sam about the plot of the movie, "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"?
10. According to Sam, what do girls, boys, women, and talk about and how are men different?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The television show, M*A*S*H, is mentioned throughout the book. Why do Sam and Emmett watch it religiously? How does it strengthen the bond between them?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to Sam's impression of her father when she finds his journal?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Lexington and Hopewell. What are Irene's feelings about both places in relation to Sam?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)