|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emmett think is wrong with the VW?
2. A bunch of average-looking pull up in what kind of car as Sam is leaving Burger Boy?
3. When is Lonnie's brother getting married?
4. At which restaurant do Mawmaw, Sam, and Emmett eat?
5. Anita gives Sam a list of what for Emmett?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Sam believe that Emmett brought his Army jacket on the trip to Washington because he thought it might be cold?
2. How does Tom feel about making it back from the war?
3. What reasons does Sam have for trying to persuade Emmett to get a job?
4. What is the difference between Dwayne and Emmett in relation to Vietnam?
5. Why is it ironic that Colonel Blake fell out of the sky on his way home from the war?
6. What makes Emmett say that Earl gets up on his high horse?
7. How does Anita describe the police officer she is dating from Benton?
8. How does the media treat the elections as Sam and Emmett watch the coverage on TV?
9. How does Dawn feel about her father?
10. What does Sam have in her purse that she thinks Mawmaw would have a heart attack if she found out was there and what is her plan if she gets pulled over by the police?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The house Sam lives in is falling apart. Explain how the house is a metaphor for in this book.
Essay Topic 2
Sam believes Emmett has been exposed to Agent Orange. Why does she think this? How does Emmett react? Why does she worry so much about Emmett?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Tom attractive to Sam? Why won't he return her affections?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)