|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam thinks she has always been good at figuring out what?
(c) Relationsip dilemmas.
2. What does Irene say of Campbell's Soup as Emmett is eating split pea soup from the can?
(a) That he needs to cook it first.
(b) That it is full of salt.
(c) That it reminds her of C-rations.
(d) That it needs water added.
3. Where had Emmett hidden a joint that Sam finds and smokes?
(a) In a can of cocoa mix.
(b) In his sock drawer.
(c) In a niche under the stairs.
(d) In the refrigerator.
4. Since Dawn got pregnant, Sam has been feeling that if she doesn't watch her step, her life could be ruined by something stupid like what?
(a) A Bouncing Betty.
(b) A snake in the grass.
(c) An elephant stampede.
(d) Sniper fire.
5. How does the V.A. treat Tom's sexual dysfunction problem?
(a) An operation.
(c) A special pump.
(d) Valium and a therapy group.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big does Emmett say the fleas are in Vietnam?
2. What does Grandma Smith call Grandpa?
3. What does Sam give Moon Pie to gnaw on while she talks to her mother?
4. While the transmission of the VW is being fixed, Sam goes where?
5. What does Sam ask Emmett to do in regards of the car she is buying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Irene ask Sam about the plot of the movie, "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"?
2. How does Sam speculate on how women would run the world if they had the power men had?
3. How does Sam react as they are getting closer to the Vietnam Memorial?
4. What does Sam think would have happened if her parents had waited to have her until Dwayne got back from the war?
5. Why does Sam have the feeling that everyone around her is shooting off in all directions?
6. What does Sam hope Tom will do the day after their encounter at his apartment?
7. Why did Emmett get soured on the war and who did he get involved with afterward?
8. How determined is Grandma Smith to go to Florida?
9. Why does a curious pleasure steal over Sam as she hears someone approaching on the boardwalk at Caewood's Pond?
10. Why does Sam have trouble caring about her father?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)