|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of the jungle marching, Dwayne writes that his feet look like what?
(a) Boiled chicken's feet.
(b) Shredded rags.
(c) Bloody monster hands.
(d) Peeled potatoes.
2. Who comes by to take Sam home for Sunday dinner?
(d) Grandma Smith.
3. Since Dawn got pregnant, Sam has been feeling that if she doesn't watch her step, her life could be ruined by something stupid like what?
(a) A snake in the grass.
(b) Sniper fire.
(c) A Bouncing Betty.
(d) An elephant stampede.
4. What does Grandma say when she and Sam are talking and Grandpa teasingly inquires about their conversation?
(a) "Girl talk.".
(b) "Talk to the dog.".
(c) "None of your business.".
5. What idea from the war is Sam trying to emulate by staying outside at night?
(a) Pre-empting ambush.
(b) Stalking the enemy.
(c) Humping the boonies.
(d) Raking the rat holes.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did Lonnie and his buddies get joke presents for the stag party?
2. What artist has a video on MTV that Sam recognizes as she pours herself a Pepsi while talking to her mother?
3. What disease does Pap think will be cured by painting his dog with sulfur, saltpeter, and burnt crankcase oil?
4. What does Sam's mouth taste like to her in the morning after being at Tom's?
5. What does Irene buy for Sam as a gift that it turns out Emmett told Irene to buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a curious pleasure steal over Sam as she hears someone approaching on the boardwalk at Caewood's Pond?
2. How does Irene describe Bob?
3. In Dwayne's journal, what happens when he follows the Vietcong?
4. How does Sam perceive the Washington Monument and the flag near the Vietnam Memorial?
5. Why does Sam make her mother's bed up with two fitted bottom sheets?
6. Why did Emmett get soured on the war and who did he get involved with afterward?
7. Why hadn't the the previous occupant of Sam's house, Bessie, thrown away the liquor bottles her husband had drunk from?
8. Why does Irene want Emmett to warn her next time he comes to Lexington and how does Emmett respond to her sarcasm?
9. When Tom asks if Sam wants eggs, what does she assume will happen?
10. How does Sam react as they are getting closer to the Vietnam Memorial?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)