|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Sam going to spend the night with all her canned food?
(a) In the basement.
(b) Caewood's Pond.
(c) At Lonnie's.
(d) Home for once.
2. Sam felt more like a what than anything outside at night?
(a) A cat.
(b) A scarecrow.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) An alien.
3. What does Dawn buy at the super market that freaks her out when she goes to cook it?
(a) A pot roast.
(b) A turkey with the giblets.
(c) A package of bacon.
(d) A chicken with the parts inside.
4. What disease does Pap think will be cured by painting his dog with sulfur, saltpeter, and burnt crankcase oil?
(a) Lime Disease.
5. Who cracks up at the end of M*A*S*H when he sees the baby get smothered by its mother at the end?
(d) Colonel Potter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma Smith call Grandpa?
2. According to Sam, her mother had an explanation for everything now that she was taking what class?
3. Where did Irene and Dwayne get married?
4. Where does Donna's husband work?
5. The deep V of the Vietnam Memorial reminds Sam of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sam react as they are getting closer to the Vietnam Memorial?
2. Why does Sam have the feeling that everyone around her is shooting off in all directions?
3. What do the arms of the willow tree shadowed on her wall remind Sam of?
4. Why didn't Sam give her mother the ceramic cat she decorated when Irene gave her $600 to buy the car?
5. How does Sam speculate on how women would run the world if they had the power men had?
6. How does Sam speculate on the moment of origin?
7. Why does Sam have trouble caring about her father?
8. In Dwayne's journal, what happens when he follows the Vietcong?
9. How does Sam blame herself for what went wrong with Tom at his apartment?
10. How does Irene describe Bob?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)