|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which panel of the Vietnam Memorial shows Dayne Hughes' name?
2. What does Irene say of Campbell's Soup as Emmett is eating split pea soup from the can?
(a) That it needs water added.
(b) That it reminds her of C-rations.
(c) That he needs to cook it first.
(d) That it is full of salt.
3. What does Lorenzo Jones collect?
(a) Jim Beam bottles.
(b) Imported beer cans.
4. Sam finds what on the memorial after finding her father's name?
(a) Her favorite flower.
(b) The soldier Darrel that was in her father's journal.
(c) A version of her own name.
(d) A friend of her uncle's that he mentioned.
5. Mawmaw sets a platter of what on the table to eat?
(d) Fried rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Caewood's Pond, Sam sat around all weekend staring at what?
2. What was Larry watching when Emmett showed up at Irene's house in Lexington?
3. Where has Ken gotten the opportunity to rent an apartment for him and Dawn?
4. What has caused the tiny bumps on Tom's back?
5. Where does Pete want to take Sam that creeps her out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Emmett get soured on the war and who did he get involved with afterward?
2. How does Sam perceive the Washington Monument and the flag near the Vietnam Memorial?
3. How determined is Grandma Smith to go to Florida?
4. What do the arms of the willow tree shadowed on her wall remind Sam of?
5. What does Sam think would have happened if her parents had waited to have her until Dwayne got back from the war?
6. Why does Sam have the feeling that everyone around her is shooting off in all directions?
7. Why does Sam have trouble caring about her father?
8. How does Sam react as they are getting closer to the Vietnam Memorial?
9. What does Irene ask Sam about the plot of the movie, "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"?
10. How does Sam feel about her current status as a runaway?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)