|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sam hear Emmett doing in the middle of the night before the dance?
(a) Sobbing loudly.
(b) Shutting the windows.
(c) Cooking burritos.
(d) Talking to himself.
2. What was Irene's gift to Sam for graduation?
(a) The Collegiate Dictionary.
(b) A new car.
(c) A gold cross necklace.
(d) A credit card.
3. What does Dawn want to buy at the drugstore?
(a) Some folic acid.
(b) Some Band-Aids.
(c) A card for Ken.
(d) A pregnancy kit.
4. Who does Sam imagine bellowing out rock songs at the enemy?
(a) Cindy Lauper.
(b) Grace Slick.
(c) Michael Jackson.
(d) Joan Jett.
5. Where has Sam left his ring?
(a) On the window sill.
(b) At Dawn's house.
(c) In her sock drawer.
(d) Under her bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sam say a satellite dish on the back of a truck she and her passengers see on the highway belongs to?
2. What does the doctor do when Emmett mentions Agent Orange as a possibility for his skin problems?
3. Hopewell doesn't have a mall, but it has a shopping center between Penney's and this place where Sam meets dawn.
4. Where does Tom say the bird that Emmett is looking for resided in Vietnam?
5. What did Pete Simms' wife bring for food to the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Sam have for trying to persuade Emmett to get a job?
2. Why doesn't Lonnie want to be an electrician?
3. Why doesn't Sam believe that Emmett brought his Army jacket on the trip to Washington because he thought it might be cold?
4. Why doesn't Emmett take the job he is offered at the cookie factory?
5. Why didn't Sam move to Lexington with her mother and her new husband?
6. What do Sam and Dawn have in common concerning their living arrangements?
7. What is the difference between Dwayne and Emmett in relation to Vietnam?
8. Why does Hopewell have Flag Days?
9. How does Tom feel about making it back from the war?
10. What does Dawn tell her when Sam tells her Lonnie is going to a stag party?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)