|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Lonnie's brother getting married?
(a) Memorial Day.
(b) Valentine's Day.
(d) Labor Day.
2. What does Sam say she knows a thing or two about concerning cars?
(a) Riggin broken mirrors.
(b) The brightness of tail lights.
(c) Fixing wipers.
(d) Frozen transmissions.
3. How does Sam think Emmett has been progressing over the years?
(a) He has been getting more complacent.
(b) He has been mellowing out.
(c) He has been getting more crazy.
(d) He has been getting more agitated.
4. What does Emmett call the route between Burger Boy and McDonald's?
(a) The greasy mile.
(b) The stooge corridor.
(c) Hamburger Hill.
(d) The mating range.
5. What aspect of Sam's house seems like some repressed life that wanted to emerge?
(a) The food in the refrigerator.
(b) The junk in the basement.
(c) The layers of gaudy wallpaper.
(d) The dirt in the carpet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emmett think is wrong with the VW?
2. What is Dawn examining nonchalantly as Sam buys the item for her at the drugstore?
3. What is depicted in the tattoo on Pete's chest?
4. What had Sam been told had probably killed her father?
5. Where does Sam go running early in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason Sam thinks Jim's wife let him?
2. What makes Emmett say that Earl gets up on his high horse?
3. For Sam, what is the difference between the way people express their feelings on TV versus how they do in real life?
4. How does Anita act towards Emmett when she comes over for dinner?
5. Why does Emmett warn Sam and Lonnie not to let Moon Pie outside when the leave for Caewood's Pond?
6. What does Sam have in her purse that she thinks Mawmaw would have a heart attack if she found out was there and what is her plan if she gets pulled over by the police?
7. How does Dawn feel about her father?
8. How does Sam think society has changed towards women becomeing pregnant out of wedlock?
9. Why does Sam think America could have won the Vietnam War if the enemy understood English?
10. What is the excuse Sam thinks to herself that might keep her from going to Lonnie's brother's wedding?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)