|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What present does Martha get for her son's wedding that perplexes Sam?
(a) A candle holder.
(b) A spice rack.
(c) A gun rack.
(d) An apron and tea towel set.
2. What does Dawn tell Sam is another name for falsies?
(a) The Augmenters.
(b) The Tissue Temptations.
(c) The Gay Deceivers.
(d) The Melon Makers.
3. Who does Martha work with at the beauty shop that thinks Emmett is cute as a bug's ear?
(a) Carolyn Crews.
(b) Sally Ann.
4. Which restaurant on the trip has Sam heard is good?
(b) Pizza Hut.
(c) Country Kitchen.
5. What does Lonnie say of people's behavior at weddings?
(a) Kids get hyperactive.
(b) Nobody eats hors d'oevres.
(c) Everybody gets drunk.
(d) Men start losing their decorum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Emmett going to work on in the house after the foundation is fixed?
2. What does Sam think beer smells like when Lonnie kisses her and it is on his breath? Sulpher
3. What does Anita tell Sam that Emmett wrote on the chalkboard when Anita was visiting high school classes?
4. Who does Sam take Emmett to go see?
5. What does Emmett remember most about Vietnam when Sam asks him to talk to her about it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Sam move to Lexington with her mother and her new husband?
2. How does Emmett respond when Sam asks idf he is afraid their house will fall down?
3. What makes Emmett say that Earl gets up on his high horse?
4. How does Anita act towards Emmett when she comes over for dinner?
5. How does Anita describe the police officer she is dating from Benton?
6. How does Sam feel about Dawn's news of being pregnant?
7. Why does Sam think America could have won the Vietnam War if the enemy understood English?
8. Describe the section of town where Tom has his garage.
9. What reasons does Sam have for trying to persuade Emmett to get a job?
10. Why doesn't Sam believe that Emmett brought his Army jacket on the trip to Washington because he thought it might be cold?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)