|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death was more real to Sam than the death of her father when she was a child?
(a) Martin Luther King's.
(c) Colonel Blake's.
(d) John Lennon's.
2. How much does Emmett complain that his skin doctor appointment costs?
(a) Eighty dollars.
(b) As much as a car.
(c) An arm and a leg.
(d) Sixty-three bucks.
3. What does Emmett remember most about Vietnam when Sam asks him to talk to her about it?
(a) Agent Orange.
(b) Flying over Saigon.
(c) The taste of beans and ham.
(d) The smell of fish sauce.
4. What had Sam been told had probably killed her father?
(a) An ambush.
(b) An M-16.
(c) Agent Orange.
(d) A Bouncing Betty.
5. What does Sam buy at Flag Days?
(a) A book of hymns.
(b) Pom-pom socks.
(c) An American flag.
(d) A camouflage jacket.
6. What did Sam hear Emmett doing in the middle of the night before the dance?
(a) Talking to himself.
(b) Cooking burritos.
(c) Sobbing loudly.
(d) Shutting the windows.
7. At which restaurant do Mawmaw, Sam, and Emmett eat?
(a) Cracker Barrel.
(d) Howard Johnson's.
8. What does Emmett call the route between Burger Boy and McDonald's?
(a) Hamburger Hill.
(b) The stooge corridor.
(c) The greasy mile.
(d) The mating range.
9. Where does M*A*S*H take place?
10. What video game are Anita and Emmett playing when Sam calls Lonnie?
(c) Space Invaders.
(d) Chopper Command.
11. What does Sam think beer smells like when Lonnie kisses her and it is on his breath? Sulpher
(a) A sulfur factory.
(b) A run-over skunk.
(c) Pickle juice.
(d) A dog's breath.
12. What book of Anita's does Sam set her sweaty glass on?
(a) The Bible.
(b) "Life is a Bowl of Cherries...", by Erma Bombeck.
(c) "I'm Ok, You're Ok", by Thomas Harris.
(d) "Out on a Limb", by Shirley MacLaine.
13. What does Emmett say causes cancer?
(a) Fluoride in the water.
(b) Power lines.
(d) Agent Orange.
14. What is Tom's garage called?
(a) Kustom Kollision.
(b) Tom's Garage.
(c) The Incubator.
(d) Cars R Us.
15. Hopewell doesn't have a mall, but it has a shopping center between Penney's and this place where Sam meets dawn.
(d) K Mart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do skin disease do grown-ups get that is a version of an adolescent skin disease?
2. What does Emmett think is wrong with the VW?
3. To whom does Emmett explain that the Romans and Egyptians are great excavators and builders?
4. What does Anita say about the Vietnam War in general, agreeing with what Sam says her mother thinks about the war?
5. What kind of car does Sam long for?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)