|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom hand Sam to drink?
(a) A Coke.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) A whisky.
(d) Some orange juice.
2. What part of Dawn's attire does Sam particularly like?
(a) Her necklaces.
(b) Her hair barettes.
(c) Her earring collection.
(d) Her blouses.
3. Who does Sam take Emmett to go see?
(a) Dr. Cisco.
(b) Dr. Crisco.
(c) Dr. Fielding.
(d) Dr. Kresko.
4. What does Lonnie say of people's behavior at weddings?
(a) Everybody gets drunk.
(b) Nobody eats hors d'oevres.
(c) Men start losing their decorum.
(d) Kids get hyperactive.
5. What does Dawn tell Sam is another name for falsies?
(a) The Augmenters.
(b) The Melon Makers.
(c) The Gay Deceivers.
(d) The Tissue Temptations.
6. At which restaurant do Mawmaw, Sam, and Emmett eat?
(c) Howard Johnson's.
(d) Cracker Barrel.
7. How was the gym decorated for the dance?
(a) Like a birthday party.
(b) Like a float parade.
(c) Like a Japanese tea party.
(d) Like the Vietnam jungle.
8. What is Dawn examining nonchalantly as Sam buys the item for her at the drugstore?
(a) A giant bottle of vitamin C.
(b) Some purple earrings.
(c) A bag of Doritos.
(d) A Cabbage Patch doll.
9. When is Lonnie's brother getting married?
(a) Memorial Day.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) Labor Day.
10. What does Sam say that vets often get in their head?
(a) A flashback.
(b) A headache.
(c) An ideology.
(d) A notion.
11. What is the furthest Sam has run?
(a) Six miles.
(b) A marathon.
(c) Ten miles.
(d) Five miles.
12. What kind of people did Emmett bring home with him in the early years he lived with Sam?
(c) Prisoners of war.
13. Whose death was more real to Sam than the death of her father when she was a child?
(a) Colonel Blake's.
(c) Martin Luther King's.
(d) John Lennon's.
14. Hopewell doesn't have a mall, but it has a shopping center between Penney's and this place where Sam meets dawn.
(d) K Mart.
15. Tom and Jim are collecting money for whose child that needs an operation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of working on the foundation of the house, Emmett becomes acutely conscious of what?
2. What does Sam think beer smells like when Lonnie kisses her and it is on his breath? Sulpher
3. Emmett's ability to become absorbed in thought over mundane things makes him good at what?
4. When M*A*S*H ends its run, what does Emmett say is not the same?
5. What kind of car does Sam long for?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)