|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam say she knows a thing or two about concerning cars?
(a) Frozen transmissions.
(b) The brightness of tail lights.
(c) Fixing wipers.
(d) Riggin broken mirrors.
2. Where does Sam go running early in the morning?
(a) Caewodd's Pond.
(c) The track at her old high school.
(d) The Fairview subdivision.
3. Where does Sam leave his ring?
(a) On the window sill.
(b) Under her bed.
(c) In her sock drawer.
(d) At Dawn's house.
4. What does Tom hand Sam to drink in Part two, Chapter 10?
(a) Some orange juice.
(b) A Coke.
(c) A whisky.
(d) A glass of water.
5. What does Dawn want to buy at the drugstore?
(a) A pregnancy kit.
(b) A card for Ken.
(c) Some Band-Aids.
(d) Some folic acid.
6. What is Sam told probably kills her father?
(a) A Bouncing Betty.
(b) Agent Orange.
(c) An M-16.
(d) An ambush.
7. What brand of brownie mix does Anita prefer?
(a) Duncan Hines.
(d) Betty Crocker.
8. What is Mawmaw carrying in the car with her on the trip?
(a) A pot of geraniums.
(b) A can of bean rations.
(c) A purple heart.
(d) A folded American flag.
9. What does Emmett think Jim is saying when he is talking about rap groups?
(a) That he means "wrap groups".
(b) That Jim wants to rap.
(c) That he says "slap groups".
(d) That he says "rat poops".
10. Emmett's ability to become absorbed in thought over mundane things makes him good at what?
(a) Digging trenches.
(c) Sweeping floors.
(d) Watching television.
11. Tom and Jim are collecting money for whose child that needs an operation?
12. What does Emmett put on his face that doesn't help his skin condition?
(a) Lonnie's mother's aloe vera plant.
(b) Sam's grandmother's burn plant.
(c) Mud from Caewood's Pond.
(d) An herb remedy from the drug store.
13. What does Anita tell Sam that Emmett writes on the chalkboard when Anita is visiting high school classes?
(a) War is Hell.
(c) Go Chiefs.
14. What does the doctor do when Emmett mentions Agent Orange as a possibility for his skin problems?
(a) He becomes very serious.
(b) He writes something down.
(c) He acts as if he doesn't say anything.
(d) He laughs.
15. Where does Sam speculate that her father with his family might move, is he is alive?
(a) New York.
(b) Boca Raton.
(c) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita say about the Vietnam War in general, agreeing with what Sam says her mother thinks about the war?
2. Where does Tom say the bird that Emmett is looking for resides in Vietnam?
3. From where does Lonnie call on the night of the dance?
4. Why doesn't Lonnie get a basketball scholarship to Murray?
5. What does Sam think of her name?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)