|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emmett say that Anita is too much of for her own good?
2. What did Pete Simms' wife bring for food to the dance?
(a) A cheese log.
(b) Potato chips and dip.
(c) A brisket.
3. What had Sam been told had probably killed her father?
(a) A Bouncing Betty.
(b) Agent Orange.
(c) An ambush.
(d) An M-16.
4. What video game are Anita and Emmett playing when Sam calls Lonnie?
(b) Space Invaders.
(d) Chopper Command.
5. What does Mawmaw sarcastically complain that she neglected to bring on the trip that she wishes she had if she were going to sleep in the same hotel room with Emmett?
(a) Her good housecoat.
(b) Her golden slippers.
(c) Her running shoes.
(d) Her brown wig.
6. What kind of car does Sam long for?
(a) A Fiat.
(b) A Mercedes.
(c) A Porsche.
(d) A Trans Am.
7. How does Sam think Emmett has been progressing over the years?
(a) He has been getting more crazy.
(b) He has been getting more agitated.
(c) He has been mellowing out.
(d) He has been getting more complacent.
8. What is Dawn doing to Sam at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Calling her.
(b) Feeding her.
(c) Piercing her ears.
(d) Braiding her hair.
9. How old is Tom, which is an age that Dawn thinks is really old?
(a) Almost twenty-five.
(b) Pushing forty.
(c) Around forty-five.
(d) About thirty-four.
10. What does the doctor do when Emmett mentions Agent Orange as a possibility for his skin problems?
(a) He acts as if he didn't say anything.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He writes something down.
(d) He becomes very serious.
11. What kind of people did Emmett bring home with him in the early years he lived with Sam?
(c) Prisoners of war.
12. Why didn't Lonnie get a basketball scholarship to Murray?
(a) He didn't get his application in on time.
(b) His grades weren't good enough.
(c) He broke his thumb.
(d) His parents made too much money.
13. What kind of food does Martha say is going to be at Lonnie's brother's wedding?
(a) Catered dinners.
(b) Gourmet pizza.
(c) Finger food.
(d) Cake only.
14. Where does Tom say the bird that Emmett is looking for resided in Vietnam?
(a) On the beach.
(b) Along rice paddies.
(c) Near mountain passes.
(d) In palm trees.
15. What is Tom's garage called?
(a) The Incubator.
(b) Cars R Us.
(c) Kustom Kollision.
(d) Tom's Garage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dawn's boss?
2. What book of Anita's does Sam set her sweaty glass on?
3. Where does Jim say he is taking Emmett to get the Agent Orange test?
4. What is Dawn examining nonchalantly as Sam buys the item for her at the drugstore?
5. Where does Dawn want to "play"?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)