|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emmett remember most about Vietnam when Sam asks him to talk to her about it?
(a) The smell of fish sauce.
(b) The taste of beans and ham.
(c) Flying over Saigon.
(d) Agent Orange.
2. What did Emmet put in the courthouse tower that had the town talking?
(a) Fire extingusher foam.
(b) A Vietcong flag.
(c) A live wolverine.
(d) Fifteen hundred marshmallows.
3. What was it like for Sam to hear the new Beatles song on the radio?
(a) Being a musician.
(b) Hearing voices from the grave.
(c) Fingernails on a chalkboard.
(d) Eating chicken soup.
4. What kind of people did Emmett bring home with him in the early years he lived with Sam?
(c) Prisoners of war.
5. What is the furthest Sam has run?
(a) A marathon.
(b) Five miles.
(c) Six miles.
(d) Ten miles.
6. What is Dawn doing to Sam at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Piercing her ears.
(b) Calling her.
(c) Feeding her.
(d) Braiding her hair.
7. What type of team does Sam say Emmett should coach for a living?
(b) High school football.
(c) Women's volleyball.
(d) Jello wrestling.
8. Why didn't Lonnie get a basketball scholarship to Murray?
(a) He didn't get his application in on time.
(b) His parents made too much money.
(c) His grades weren't good enough.
(d) He broke his thumb.
9. Where does Sam speculate that her father with his family might have moved had he lived?
(a) Boca Raton.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
10. What has Mawmaw been carrying in the car withe her on the trip?
(a) A pot of geraniums.
(b) A can of bean rations.
(c) A purple heart.
(d) A folded American flag.
11. How old is Tom, which is an age that Dawn thinks is really old?
(a) Almost twenty-five.
(b) About thirty-four.
(c) Pushing forty.
(d) Around forty-five.
12. What does Dawn tell Sam is another name for falsies?
(a) The Gay Deceivers.
(b) The Melon Makers.
(c) The Augmenters.
(d) The Tissue Temptations.
13. What does Sam say she knows a thing or two about concerning cars?
(a) The brightness of tail lights.
(b) Frozen transmissions.
(c) Riggin broken mirrors.
(d) Fixing wipers.
14. What does Sam think beer smells like when Lonnie kisses her and it is on his breath? Sulpher
(a) A sulfur factory.
(b) Pickle juice.
(c) A run-over skunk.
(d) A dog's breath.
15. What does the injured soldier do on M*A*S*H do that Emmett points out to Anita?
(a) Wiggles his toes.
(b) Dies on the table.
(c) Throws a bedpan at Hawkeye.
(d) Goes into cardiac arrest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the wildlife refuge that George mentions to Sam that has eagles?
2. What kind of food does Martha say is going to be at Lonnie's brother's wedding?
3. Anita gives Sam a list of what for Emmett?
4. What does Emmett say that Anita is too much of for her own good?
5. Who does Sam say a satellite dish on the back of a truck she and her passengers see on the highway belongs to?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)