|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At which restaurant do Mawmaw, Sam, and Emmett eat?
(a) Howard Johnson's.
(b) Cracker Barrel.
2. What part of Dawn's attire does Sam particularly like?
(a) Her earring collection.
(b) Her blouses.
(c) Her hair barettes.
(d) Her necklaces.
3. When is Lonnie's brother getting married?
(b) Memorial Day.
(c) Labor Day.
(d) Valentine's Day.
4. Hopewell doesn't have a mall, but it has a shopping center between Penney's and this place where Sam meets dawn.
(b) K Mart.
5. From where does Lonnie call on the night of the dance?
(b) Burger Boy.
(c) The lake.
6. What brand of brownie mix does Anita prefer?
(b) Duncan Hines.
(c) Betty Crocker.
7. Who does Martha work with at the beauty shop that thinks Emmett is cute as a bug's ear?
(a) Sally Ann.
(c) Carolyn Crews.
8. What do skin disease do grown-ups get that is a version of an adolescent skin disease?
(c) Flat warts.
9. Anita gives Sam a list of what for Emmett?
(b) Things to do at home.
(c) Facial remedies.
10. What does Tom hand Sam to drink?
(a) A whisky.
(b) A Coke.
(c) Some orange juice.
(d) A glass of water.
11. What does Emmett say Anita looks like when she comes over to the house all dressed up?
(a) An egret.
(b) A jewelry store.
(c) A flamingo.
(d) A show girl.
12. What does Sam buy at Flag Days?
(a) Pom-pom socks.
(b) A camouflage jacket.
(c) A book of hymns.
(d) An American flag.
13. What does Emmett call the route between Burger Boy and McDonald's?
(a) The mating range.
(b) The greasy mile.
(c) The stooge corridor.
(d) Hamburger Hill.
14. How old is Tom, which is an age that Dawn thinks is really old?
(a) Around forty-five.
(b) About thirty-four.
(c) Almost twenty-five.
(d) Pushing forty.
15. What soap opera does Sam name her stepfather after?
(a) Lorenzo Jones.
(b) The Edge of Night.
(c) Santa Barbara.
(d) Remington Steele.
Short Answer Questions
1. When M*A*S*H ends its run, what does Emmett say is not the same?
2. What is the shape of Lonnie's birthmark?
3. What does Dawn tell Sam is another name for falsies?
4. What does Emmett remember most about Vietnam when Sam asks him to talk to her about it?
5. What does Anita tell Sam that Emmett wrote on the chalkboard when Anita was visiting high school classes?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)