|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the wildlife refuge that George mentions to Sam that has eagles?
(a) Caewood's Pond.
(b) King Hill.
(c) Monkey's Eyebrow.
(d) Devil's Backbone.
2. What present does Martha get for her son's wedding that perplexes Sam?
(a) A gun rack.
(b) A spice rack.
(c) A candle holder.
(d) An apron and tea towel set.
3. Where does Jim say he is taking Emmett to get the Agent Orange test?
(d) Jackson Purchase.
4. What does Dawn say she is sick of in the context of not wanting to have a baby?
(a) Playing mommy.
(b) Eating fast food.
(c) Bowing to Ken's will.
(d) Not having enough money.
5. What was it like for Sam to hear the new Beatles song on the radio?
(a) Eating chicken soup.
(b) Fingernails on a chalkboard.
(c) Hearing voices from the grave.
(d) Being a musician.
6. To whom does Emmett explain that the Romans and Egyptians are great excavators and builders?
(a) Lonnie Malone.
(c) Mrs. Biggs.
(d) Pete Simms.
7. From where does Lonnie call on the night of the dance?
(a) The lake.
(b) Burger Boy.
8. What do skin disease do grown-ups get that is a version of an adolescent skin disease?
(c) Flat warts.
9. At which restaurant do Mawmaw, Sam, and Emmett eat?
(a) Howard Johnson's.
(c) Cracker Barrel.
10. What does Dawn want to buy at the drugstore?
(a) Some Band-Aids.
(b) Some folic acid.
(c) A card for Ken.
(d) A pregnancy kit.
11. What is the shape of Lonnie's birthmark?
(a) A sun.
(b) An alligator.
(c) A German shepherd.
(d) A sickle.
12. What does the doctor do when Emmett mentions Agent Orange as a possibility for his skin problems?
(a) He becomes very serious.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He writes something down.
(d) He acts as if he didn't say anything.
13. Hopewell doesn't have a mall, but it has a shopping center between Penney's and this place where Sam meets dawn.
(d) K Mart.
14. Which restaurant on the trip has Sam heard is good?
(c) Country Kitchen.
(d) Pizza Hut.
15. Who does Sam think Tom looks like?
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) Boy George.
(c) Paul McCartney.
(d) Bruce Springsteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam say that vets often get in their head?
2. Where does Sam speculate that her father with his family might have moved had he lived?
3. Whose death was more real to Sam than the death of her father when she was a child?
4. What soap opera does Sam name her stepfather after?
5. What does Emmett tell Sam is Bruce Springsteen's nickname?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)