|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mawmaw been carrying in the car withe her on the trip?
(a) A folded American flag.
(b) A purple heart.
(c) A pot of geraniums.
(d) A can of bean rations.
2. What does Emmett say Anita looks like when she comes over to the house all dressed up?
(a) A flamingo.
(b) A show girl.
(c) An egret.
(d) A jewelry store.
3. What does Dawn want to buy at the drugstore?
(a) Some folic acid.
(b) A pregnancy kit.
(c) A card for Ken.
(d) Some Band-Aids.
4. Because of working on the foundation of the house, Emmett becomes acutely conscious of what?
(a) Mold count.
(b) Mud viscosity.
(d) Basement lighting.
5. What is depicted in the tattoo on Pete's chest?
(a) An M-16.
(b) A pin-up girl.
(c) Jackson Purchase.
(d) Portraits of his war buddies.
6. What did Emmet put in the courthouse tower that had the town talking?
(a) Fire extingusher foam.
(b) A live wolverine.
(c) A Vietcong flag.
(d) Fifteen hundred marshmallows.
7. What does Dawn say she is sick of in the context of not wanting to have a baby?
(a) Playing mommy.
(b) Not having enough money.
(c) Eating fast food.
(d) Bowing to Ken's will.
8. What does Dawn tell Sam is another name for falsies?
(a) The Augmenters.
(b) The Melon Makers.
(c) The Gay Deceivers.
(d) The Tissue Temptations.
9. Where does Sam speculate that her father with his family might have moved had he lived?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) New York.
(d) Boca Raton.
10. What does Sam think of Moon Pie's life?
(a) It is meaningless.
(b) It is boring.
(c) It is simple.
(d) It is pure.
11. At which restaurant do Mawmaw, Sam, and Emmett eat?
(b) Howard Johnson's.
(d) Cracker Barrel.
12. What does Sam think of her name?
(a) She uses it to fool people.
(b) She hates it.
(c) She wants to be called Lisa.
(d) It's an all-purpose name.
13. Where does Dawn's father work?
(a) The cookie factory.
(b) Burger Boy.
(c) The farm equipment company.
14. Tom and Jim are collecting money for whose child that needs an operation?
15. What is the furthest Sam has run?
(a) Six miles.
(b) Five miles.
(c) Ten miles.
(d) A marathon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emmett call the route between Burger Boy and McDonald's?
2. What is Emmett going to work on in the house after the foundation is fixed?
3. What do skin disease do grown-ups get that is a version of an adolescent skin disease?
4. What is Tom's garage called?
5. What part of Dawn's attire does Sam particularly like?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)