|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam think of Moon Pie's life?
(a) It is pure.
(b) It is meaningless.
(c) It is boring.
(d) It is simple.
2. What aspect of Sam's house seems like some repressed life that wanted to emerge?
(a) The food in the refrigerator.
(b) The dirt in the carpet.
(c) The junk in the basement.
(d) The layers of gaudy wallpaper.
3. What does Sam think is tragic about Dawn?
(a) That she won't eat right.
(b) That she hadn't taken the pill.
(c) That she enjoys working at Burger Boy.
(d) That she hasn't told Ken about the pregnancy yet.
4. What does Mawmaw sarcastically complain that she neglected to bring on the trip that she wishes she had if she were going to sleep in the same hotel room with Emmett?
(a) Her good housecoat.
(b) Her golden slippers.
(c) Her running shoes.
(d) Her brown wig.
5. How does Sam think Emmett has been progressing over the years?
(a) He has been getting more agitated.
(b) He has been getting more crazy.
(c) He has been mellowing out.
(d) He has been getting more complacent.
6. What is the name of the wildlife refuge that George mentions to Sam that has eagles?
(a) Caewood's Pond.
(b) Monkey's Eyebrow.
(c) King Hill.
(d) Devil's Backbone.
7. What is Emmett going to work on in the house after the foundation is fixed?
(a) The plumbing.
(b) Patching the roof.
(c) Insulating the house.
(d) The wiring.
8. When M*A*S*H ends its run, what does Emmett say is not the same?
(b) His take on war.
(d) Sam's attitude.
9. What does the injured soldier do on M*A*S*H do that Emmett points out to Anita?
(a) Goes into cardiac arrest.
(b) Dies on the table.
(c) Wiggles his toes.
(d) Throws a bedpan at Hawkeye.
10. What does Emmett tell Sam is Bruce Springsteen's nickname?
(a) Bandana Man.
(b) Hot Pants.
(c) The Working Man.
(d) The Boss.
11. Where does Dawn want to "play"?
(b) New York.
(d) Las Vegas.
12. Tom and Jim are collecting money for whose child that needs an operation?
13. What does Emmett say causes cancer?
(a) Agent Orange.
(b) Fluoride in the water.
(c) Power lines.
14. What does Sam say she knows a thing or two about concerning cars?
(a) Fixing wipers.
(b) The brightness of tail lights.
(c) Frozen transmissions.
(d) Riggin broken mirrors.
15. Whose death was more real to Sam than the death of her father when she was a child?
(a) Colonel Blake's.
(b) Martin Luther King's.
(d) John Lennon's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Emmett's ability to become absorbed in thought over mundane things makes him good at what?
2. What does Sam think of her name?
3. What does the doctor do when Emmett mentions Agent Orange as a possibility for his skin problems?
4. What is Tom's garage called?
5. How old is Tom, which is an age that Dawn thinks is really old?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)