|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom say the bird that Emmett is looking for resided in Vietnam?
(a) In palm trees.
(b) On the beach.
(c) Near mountain passes.
(d) Along rice paddies.
2. What does Dawn say she is sick of in the context of not wanting to have a baby?
(a) Playing mommy.
(b) Eating fast food.
(c) Not having enough money.
(d) Bowing to Ken's will.
3. What does Sam say that vets often get in their head?
(a) A headache.
(b) A flashback.
(c) An ideology.
(d) A notion.
4. What does Mawmaw sarcastically complain that she neglected to bring on the trip that she wishes she had if she were going to sleep in the same hotel room with Emmett?
(a) Her brown wig.
(b) Her golden slippers.
(c) Her good housecoat.
(d) Her running shoes.
5. What type of team does Sam say Emmett should coach for a living?
(a) Jello wrestling.
(b) High school football.
(d) Women's volleyball.
6. Where does Sam speculate that her father with his family might have moved had he lived?
(a) Boca Raton.
(b) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
7. Where has Sam left his ring?
(a) On the window sill.
(b) Under her bed.
(c) In her sock drawer.
(d) At Dawn's house.
8. What book of Anita's does Sam set her sweaty glass on?
(a) The Bible.
(b) "I'm Ok, You're Ok", by Thomas Harris.
(c) "Life is a Bowl of Cherries...", by Erma Bombeck.
(d) "Out on a Limb", by Shirley MacLaine.
9. What was it like for Sam to hear the new Beatles song on the radio?
(a) Hearing voices from the grave.
(b) Eating chicken soup.
(c) Being a musician.
(d) Fingernails on a chalkboard.
10. When M*A*S*H ends its run, what does Emmett say is not the same?
(a) Sam's attitude.
(d) His take on war.
11. What is the name of the wildlife refuge that George mentions to Sam that has eagles?
(a) Devil's Backbone.
(b) King Hill.
(c) Caewood's Pond.
(d) Monkey's Eyebrow.
12. Who does Sam imagine bellowing out rock songs at the enemy?
(a) Joan Jett.
(b) Michael Jackson.
(c) Grace Slick.
(d) Cindy Lauper.
13. Anita gives Sam a list of what for Emmett?
(b) Things to do at home.
(c) Facial remedies.
14. What kind of food does Martha say is going to be at Lonnie's brother's wedding?
(a) Cake only.
(b) Catered dinners.
(c) Gourmet pizza.
(d) Finger food.
15. How much does Emmett complain that his skin doctor appointment costs?
(a) An arm and a leg.
(b) Sixty-three bucks.
(c) As much as a car.
(d) Eighty dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sam think Tom looks like?
2. What is Tom's garage called?
3. Who does Sam take Emmett to go see?
4. What does Anita say about the Vietnam War in general, agreeing with what Sam says her mother thinks about the war?
5. What was Irene's gift to Sam for graduation?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)