|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sam go running early in the morning?
(b) Caewodd's Pond.
(c) The track at her old high school.
(d) The Fairview subdivision.
2. Because of working on the foundation of the house, Emmett becomes acutely conscious of what?
(a) Mold count.
(b) Mud viscosity.
(c) Basement lighting.
3. Whose death is more real to Sam than the death of her father when she is a child?
(a) John Lennon's.
(b) Colonel Blake's.
(c) Martin Luther King's.
4. How old is Tom, which is an age that Dawn thinks is really old?
(a) Around forty-five.
(b) About thirty-four.
(c) Pushing forty.
(d) Almost twenty-five.
5. What is it like for Sam to hear the new Beatles song on the radio?
(a) Fingernails on a chalkboard.
(b) Being a musician.
(c) Eating chicken soup.
(d) Hearing voices from the grave.
6. What is Sam told probably kills her father?
(a) An M-16.
(b) An ambush.
(c) Agent Orange.
(d) A Bouncing Betty.
7. What aspect of Sam's house seems like some repressed life that wants to emerge?
(a) The food in the refrigerator.
(b) The layers of gaudy wallpaper.
(c) The junk in the basement.
(d) The dirt in the carpet.
8. When M*A*S*H ends its run, what does Emmett say is not the same?
(a) His take on war.
(b) Sam's attitude.
9. What does Emmett say causes cancer?
(a) Fluoride in the water.
(b) Power lines.
(d) Agent Orange.
10. Who does Sam think Tom looks like?
(a) Paul McCartney.
(b) Boy George.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Bruce Springsteen.
11. What does Anita say about the Vietnam War in general, agreeing with what Sam says her mother thinks about the war?
(a) It is the Golden Age.
(b) It should be forgotten.
(c) It should be remembered.
(d) It is the Dark Ages.
12. What video game are Anita and Emmett playing when Sam calls Lonnie?
(b) Space Invaders.
(c) Chopper Command.
13. What does Sam hear Emmett doing in the middle of the night, before the dance?
(a) Talking to himself.
(b) Shutting the windows.
(c) Sobbing loudly.
(d) Cooking burritos.
14. What does Emmett remember most about Vietnam when Sam asks him to talk to her about it?
(a) Flying over Saigon.
(b) The smell of fish sauce.
(c) The taste of beans and ham.
(d) Agent Orange.
15. Where does Sam speculate that her father with his family might move, is he is alive?
(a) New York.
(b) Boca Raton.
(c) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sam leave his ring?
2. Who does Sam take Emmett to go see in Part two, Chapter nine?
3. When is Lonnie's brother getting married?
4. What present does Martha get for her son's wedding that perplexes Sam?
5. What is the name of Dawn's boss?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)