|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the gym decorated for the dance?
(a) Like a float parade.
(b) Like the Vietnam jungle.
(c) Like a birthday party.
(d) Like a Japanese tea party.
2. Whose death was more real to Sam than the death of her father when she was a child?
(a) Martin Luther King's.
(c) Colonel Blake's.
(d) John Lennon's.
3. What does Emmett say causes cancer?
(b) Power lines.
(c) Agent Orange.
(d) Fluoride in the water.
4. How does Sam think Emmett has been progressing over the years?
(a) He has been getting more complacent.
(b) He has been getting more crazy.
(c) He has been mellowing out.
(d) He has been getting more agitated.
5. Anita gives Sam a list of what for Emmett?
(b) Things to do at home.
(d) Facial remedies.
6. What does Emmett remember most about Vietnam when Sam asks him to talk to her about it?
(a) The taste of beans and ham.
(b) Agent Orange.
(c) The smell of fish sauce.
(d) Flying over Saigon.
7. What was it like for Sam to hear the new Beatles song on the radio?
(a) Being a musician.
(b) Fingernails on a chalkboard.
(c) Eating chicken soup.
(d) Hearing voices from the grave.
8. What does Tom say the defoliated jungle looks like?
(b) The desert.
(c) A bald head.
(d) The moon.
9. Emmett's ability to become absorbed in thought over mundane things makes him good at what?
(a) Digging trenches.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Sweeping floors.
10. Hopewell doesn't have a mall, but it has a shopping center between Penney's and this place where Sam meets dawn.
(c) K Mart.
11. What is depicted in the tattoo on Pete's chest?
(a) A pin-up girl.
(b) Jackson Purchase.
(c) An M-16.
(d) Portraits of his war buddies.
12. What does Anita say about the Vietnam War in general, agreeing with what Sam says her mother thinks about the war?
(a) It should be forgotten.
(b) It should be remembered.
(c) It was the Golden Age.
(d) It was the Dark Ages.
13. Where does Jim say he is taking Emmett to get the Agent Orange test?
(d) Jackson Purchase.
14. What is the name of Dawn's boss?
15. Who does Martha work with at the beauty shop that thinks Emmett is cute as a bug's ear?
(a) Carolyn Crews.
(d) Sally Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emmett think Jim is saying when he is talking about rap groups?
2. What did Sam hear Emmett doing in the middle of the night before the dance?
3. Who does Sam imagine bellowing out rock songs at the enemy?
4. Where does M*A*S*H take place?
5. A bunch of average-looking pull up in what kind of car as Sam is leaving Burger Boy?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)