|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were Smith and Hickock executed?
2. Where was Floyd Wells when he heard about the Clutter murders?
3. What type of statements did Dr. Jones ask Smith and Hickock to write?
4. How long after the trail was Smith and Hickock's punishment for their crime set to occur?
5. Where were Hickock and Smith moved after their trial and sentence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing how the author in this text uses foreshadowing. Provide specific examples from the text to support the information contained in your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Would Smith and Hickock have been executed today? Explain and justify your answer with specific details from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the major themes from this book. Write an essay describing the theme. Include supporting details from the text which show how this theme is developed throughout the book.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)