|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Smith imagine he would commit suicide while in jail?
2. Who did Smith correspond with via letters while awaiting his trial?
3. What happened to Smith and Hickock in front of the hotel in Las Vegas in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
4. Who volunteered to examine Hickock and Smith?
5. Who of the following were not spectators at the trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the problem or main conflict existing for Smith within this book. Explain in detail how this conflict was or was not resolved.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay discussing the title, In Cold Blood. Is it appropriate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how the author in this text uses foreshadowing. Provide specific examples from the text to support the information contained in your essay.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)