|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Smith and Hickock stole a car in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where did they return?
2. Where did the police find the shotgun cartridges, cord and tape that were used in the Clutter murders?
3. Where were Hickock and Smith moved after their trial and sentence?
4. Which of the following people was considered the prosecution's most damaging witness?
5. What was the name the prisoners call the area where the executions occur?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how events in the story could be equated with the mentality of a lynch mob. Be sure to use supporting details from the text in your description.
Essay Topic 2
What was the most important event in this book? Explain and justify your choice with specific details from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the problem or main conflict existing for Smith within this book. Explain in detail how this conflict was or was not resolved.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)