|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of examination did Hickock and Smith's lawyers request?
2. Who did Wells tell about his story?
3. What type of weather was occurring as Hickock and Smith were brought back to Garden City?
4. How much money did Smith and Hickock steal from the Clutters?
5. How were Smith and Hickock executed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Write an essay about capital punishment. Use information from the book to provide supporting details for or against capital punishment.
Essay Topic 2Write an essay describing Smith as a person. Is he pitiable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3Write an essay describing how the author's attempts to increase the reader's sympathy for Smith. Be sure to include both details specifically from the text and personal responses to the author's words to support your essay.
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)