|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hickock's father say that his son and Smith had gone when they left town?
2. Which of the following is not an activity Mrs. Meier completed?
3. Where was Floyd Wells when he heard about the Clutter murders?
4. Who did Floyd tell about his time with the Clutters?
5. Where did Hickock imagine he would live when he escaped from jail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing how the author's attempts to increase the reader's sympathy for Smith. Be sure to include both details specifically from the text and personal responses to the author's words to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing Smith as a person. Is he pitiable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Did Hickock control Smith? Answer this question with at least ten supporting details to justify your opinion.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)