|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people did not testify at the trial?
2. Where did the police find the shotgun cartridges, cord and tape that were used in the Clutter murders?
3. Which of the following is not an activity Mrs. Meier completed?
4. On what date were Smith and Hickock executed?
5. How long did Hickock hang before he was pronounced dead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the major themes from this book. Write an essay describing the theme. Include supporting details from the text which show how this theme is developed throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how the author's attempts to increase the reader's sympathy for Smith. Be sure to include both details specifically from the text and personal responses to the author's words to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Jones identified Smith as having a mental disorder. In your opinion, would a mental hospital have been a better judgment for Smith? Why or why not? Use information from the text to support your position.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)