|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did detective Nye show Hickock on the second day of the interrogation?
2. How many of the jurors were farmers like the Clutters?
3. What did the detectives tell both Smith and Hickock existed, regarding the Clutter case?
4. Which of the following individuals is the wife of the undersheriff?
5. How did Smith react to the news of his punishment by the jury?
Essay Topic 1
Did Hickock control Smith? Answer this question with at least ten supporting details to justify your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about capital punishment. Use information from the book to provide supporting details for or against capital punishment.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how the author's attempts to increase the reader's sympathy for Smith. Be sure to include both details specifically from the text and personal responses to the author's words to support your essay.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)