|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who volunteered to examine Hickock and Smith?
2. Who did Smith correspond with via letters while awaiting his trial?
3. What kind of gun was used to kill the Clutters?
4. How long had it been since Floyd had seen the Clutters when he read about their murder?
5. in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where was the most recent address Detective Nye had for Smith?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing this genre. Include opinions and supporting details about the objectivity of the author throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
Did Hickock control Smith? Answer this question with at least ten supporting details to justify your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Jones identified Smith as having a mental disorder. In your opinion, would a mental hospital have been a better judgment for Smith? Why or why not? Use information from the text to support your position.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)