|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did detective Nye show Hickock on the second day of the interrogation?
2. What was the name of Nancy's old mare that helped to comfort Bobby Rupp?
3. Which of the following people was considered the prosecution's most damaging witness?
4. Why did Smith ask for an aspirin during the interrogation in a Las Vegas jail?
5. Which of the following people did not testify at the trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how events in the story could be equated with the mentality of a lynch mob. Be sure to use supporting details from the text in your description.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing this genre. Include opinions and supporting details about the objectivity of the author throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how the author's attempts to increase the reader's sympathy for Smith. Be sure to include both details specifically from the text and personal responses to the author's words to support your essay.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)