|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Nancy's old mare that helped to comfort Bobby Rupp?
2. Who went on a fast in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
3. How were Smith and Hickock executed?
4. How did Floyd Wells hear about the Clutter murders?
5. How many years passed before Hickock and Smith were executed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Jones identified Smith as having a mental disorder. In your opinion, would a mental hospital have been a better judgment for Smith? Why or why not? Use information from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Capote often claimed in interviews that he had perfect recall. Write an essay on the idea of perfect recall. Do you believe it exists? Do you believe Capote had perfect recall? Why or why not.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about capital punishment. Use information from the book to provide supporting details for or against capital punishment.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)