|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where was the most recent address Detective Nye had for Smith?
2. What sound could be heard as Hickock and Smith were escorted into the Garden City county jail?
3. What punishment was decreed to Smith and Hickock by the jury?
4. How long after the trail was Smith and Hickock's punishment for their crime set to occur?
5. What gift did Smith give to Mrs. Meier?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how events in the story could be equated with the mentality of a lynch mob. Be sure to use supporting details from the text in your description.
Essay Topic 2
Create a comparative essay between the individuals, Hickock and Smith. Include personality, social, physical and other traits which can be used to compare the two individuals and use specific details from the text to support your comparison.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing journalistic integrity. Include supporting details from this book which both support Capote as having a journalistic integrity and deny his journalistic integrity.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)