|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Smith's sister live in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
2. Who sent a postcard to the warden at the prison where Smith and Hickock were incarcerated after their trial?
3. Which of the following did Hickock not tell his interrogators during their interview in the Las Vegas prison?
4. How long did it take the jury to deliberate?
5. What name did Smith give to the animal who visited him in his cell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Would Smith and Hickock have been executed today? Explain and justify your answer with specific details from the text.
Essay Topic 2
If you were Capote, would you have written the book in the same way or would you have been more factual? Support your decision.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing this genre. Include opinions and supporting details about the objectivity of the author throughout the book.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)