|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What document did Smith sign in jail?
2. Where were the knife and shotgun used in the Clutter murders found?
3. Which of the following people did not testify at the trial?
4. Who interviewed Hickock's parents?
5. What name did Smith give to the animal who visited him in his cell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Use Capote's detailed description of the execution to write an essay on descriptive language and its effects on the reader. Include personal feelings and reactions as you read this portion of the text.
Essay Topic 2
Would Smith and Hickock have been executed today? Explain and justify your answer with specific details from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What was the most important event in this book? Explain and justify your choice with specific details from the text.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)