|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supposedly lived in Fort Scott, Kansas?
2. Where did Hickock imagine he would live when he escaped from jail?
3. Which of the following individuals is the wife of the undersheriff?
4. What punishment was decreed to Smith and Hickock by the jury?
5. Which of the following did Hickock not tell his interrogators during their interview in the Las Vegas prison?
Essay Topic 1
Do you agree with the decision of the court to execute Smith and Hickock? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
If you were Capote, would you have written the book in the same way or would you have been more factual? Support your decision.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about capital punishment. Use information from the book to provide supporting details for or against capital punishment.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)