|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of injury did Hickock's father say was the cause of Hickock's problems with the law?
2. What name did Smith give to the animal who visited him in his cell?
3. Where did Smith and Hickock go once they reached Las Vegas?
4. Who interviewed Hickock's parents?
5. Who volunteered to examine Hickock and Smith?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the most important event in this book? Explain and justify your choice with specific details from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing journalistic integrity. Include supporting details from this book which both support Capote as having a journalistic integrity and deny his journalistic integrity.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail the symbolism of the cats and how it is used to represent Smith's life events.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)