|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the breakfast Herb had on his last day alive?
2. River Valley Farm did not contain which of the following?
3. Why was Hickock sure that Smith would not have any problem with committing the murder?
4. The town where the Clutter family lived had a population of about how many?
5. What do the locals describe Herb's wife as suffering from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Smith and Hickock do right after the Cutter murders?
2. Who was able to secure Hickock and Smith some money after the murders?
3. What caused the apparent psychiatric disorders from which Bonnie Clutter suffered?
4. Who did Hickock blame for the crimes after he and Smith were arrested in Las Vegas?
5. In what order did the sheriff, Mr. Ewalt and Mr. Hendricks find the victims?
6. What characteristic did Willie-Jay and Richard Hickock both see in Perry Smith?
7. Who wrote down the license plate number of the stolen car Smith and Hickock were driving, a 1956 Chevrolet?
8. Why did Smith and Hickock's lawyer's think they could keep their clients from being hung?
9. Why was Nancy Clutter admired for her energy and industry?
10. Why did the court assign lawyers for Smith and Hickcock?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Did Hickock control Smith? Answer this question with at least ten supporting details to justify your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail the symbolism of the cats and how it is used to represent Smith's life events.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how the author in this text uses foreshadowing. Provide specific examples from the text to support the information contained in your essay.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)