|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Herb Clutter when he died?
2. How did Hickock and Smith meet?
3. Who concluded that Smith and his sister could have no relationship?
4. Who was Nancy's boyfriend?
5. What was wrong with Smith's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think the police knew where to find Smith and Hickock?
2. It was because of whose relationship with the Clutters that they end up murdered?
3. Describe some events describing why Smith's childhood was difficult and unfortunate.
4. On what did the doctor blame much of Smith's mental health damage?
5. How did Hickock find his and Smith's destination, the Clutter house, on the night of the murders?
6. Why was Nancy Clutter admired for her energy and industry?
7. What happened to the request to abolish the verdict for Smith and Hickock?
8. Why did Smith say he cut Mr. Clutter's throat?
9. What correction did Smith make to his confession?
10. What characteristics were the same about each of the victims, relating to the manner in which they were killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing journalistic integrity. Include supporting details from this book which both support Capote as having a journalistic integrity and deny his journalistic integrity.
Essay Topic 2
Do you agree with the decision of the court to execute Smith and Hickock? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing the title, In Cold Blood. Is it appropriate? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)