|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity did Nancy, Kenyon, and Herb do on their final night alive?
2. How did Smith and Hickock continue to earn money in Mexico?
3. What does a double-indemnity clause mean?
4. Why does Perry Smith suffer from chronic pain?
5. Where were Smith and Hickcock trying to go when they came back from the states from Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. It was because of whose relationship with the Clutters that they end up murdered?
2. With whom did Herb Clutter meet on the last day of his life, and what was the purpose of this meeting?
3. What did Hickock think of Smith's treasure hunting plans?
4. What happened to the request to abolish the verdict for Smith and Hickock?
5. Where did Smith and Hickock find their next stolen car, a 1956 Chevrolet?
6. Where did the townsfolk go to vent about the murder in their small town?
7. Why did Smith say he cut Mr. Clutter's throat?
8. In what way does Capote set the scene in Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
9. What characteristics were the same about each of the victims, relating to the manner in which they were killed?
10. What did Smith and Hickock do right after the Cutter murders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the most important event in this book? Explain and justify your choice with specific details from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Do you agree with the decision of the court to execute Smith and Hickock? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing journalistic integrity. Include supporting details from this book which both support Capote as having a journalistic integrity and deny his journalistic integrity.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)