|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not an event completed by Nancy?
2. What did Hickock finally admit to Smith about the crime?
3. What happened to the lodge that Smith and his father built and ran in Alaska?
4. Which individual believed that treasure hunting was an unrealistic fantasy?
5. How much was the life insurance police that Herb Clutter took out worth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the Christmas holidays hard on Bobby Rupp?
2. Describe some events describing why Smith's childhood was difficult and unfortunate.
3. What happened to the request to abolish the verdict for Smith and Hickock?
4. In what order did the sheriff, Mr. Ewalt and Mr. Hendricks find the victims?
5. Who found the Clutters after they had been murdered, and what led to this discovery?
6. Why did Larry Hendrick accompany Mr. Ewalt back to the Clutter house when the murders were discovered?
7. How did Hickock find his and Smith's destination, the Clutter house, on the night of the murders?
8. Why did Hickock make a shiv in jail, and what did he hope to do with it?
9. What convinced Hickock to take Smith along as a partner to complete the murders?
10. Why did the court assign lawyers for Smith and Hickcock?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the major themes from this book. Write an essay describing the theme. Include supporting details from the text which show how this theme is developed throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how events in the story could be equated with the mentality of a lynch mob. Be sure to use supporting details from the text in your description.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing the title, In Cold Blood. Is it appropriate? Why or why not?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)