|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who concluded that Smith and his sister could have no relationship?
2. Who had won blue ribbons for baking pies?
3. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Herb Clutter?
4. Where did Smith and Hickock meet Otto?
5. What does a double-indemnity clause mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Smith and Hickock do right after the Cutter murders?
2. What caused the apparent psychiatric disorders from which Bonnie Clutter suffered?
3. Why did Smith and Hickock head for the post office when they finally made it back to Las Vegas?
4. Where did Smith and Hickock find their next stolen car, a 1956 Chevrolet?
5. Why did Hickock study law while he awaited his execution?
6. Where did the townsfolk go to vent about the murder in their small town?
7. What did Smith's premonitions say to him?
8. How did Barbara feel about her brother?
9. What did Smith say right before he was executed?
10. What convinced Hickock to take Smith along as a partner to complete the murders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Jones identified Smith as having a mental disorder. In your opinion, would a mental hospital have been a better judgment for Smith? Why or why not? Use information from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Do you agree with the decision of the court to execute Smith and Hickock? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail the symbolism of the cats and how it is used to represent Smith's life events.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)