|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Clutter spend the majority of her time?
2. Which kind of treatment did Bonnie receive?
3. How old was Herb Clutter when he died?
4. Which of the following was not one of the good qualities Willie Jay saw in Smith?
5. Why was a passing stranger considered a suspect in the Clutter murders?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2 of In Cold Blood, why did the hotel manager assume Smith would be returning to the hotel?
2. What correction did Smith make to his confession?
3. Why did Smith and Hickock's lawyer's think they could keep their clients from being hung?
4. What event happened to help Smith to feel less lonely while awaiting his trial?
5. With whom did Herb Clutter meet on the last day of his life, and what was the purpose of this meeting?
6. Where did Smith and Hickock find their next stolen car, a 1956 Chevrolet?
7. How long did Smith and Hickock wait for their execution?
8. It was because of whose relationship with the Clutters that they end up murdered?
9. Who was able to secure Hickock and Smith some money after the murders?
10. On what did the doctor blame much of Smith's mental health damage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay discussing the title, In Cold Blood. Is it appropriate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing this genre. Include opinions and supporting details about the objectivity of the author throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
If you were Capote, would you have written the book in the same way or would you have been more factual? Support your decision.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)