|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which individual was in a car accident that left his face crooked?
2. Where is the small drugstore that is described in part one of In Cold Blood?
3. Who lead the investigation into the Clutter murders?
4. In Smith's nightmare, what always saved him in the end?
5. How did Hickock and Smith meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the car that Smith and Hickock drive to Mexico weighed down?
2. Why was Nancy Clutter admired for her energy and industry?
3. Why did Hickock make a shiv in jail, and what did he hope to do with it?
4. What did Smith's premonitions say to him?
5. What did Smith do with the squirrel that visited him in his cell?
6. How did Barbara feel about her brother?
7. It was because of whose relationship with the Clutters that they end up murdered?
8. How did Smith hope to pay back all of the people he and Hickock had taken advantage of through their criminal activities?
9. Who did Hickock blame for the crimes after he and Smith were arrested in Las Vegas?
10. What role did Dewey think the newly acquired life insurance policy had on the murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing how the author in this text uses foreshadowing. Provide specific examples from the text to support the information contained in your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Do you agree with the decision of the court to execute Smith and Hickock? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing Smith as a person. Is he pitiable? Why or why not?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)