|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people had Hickock murdered before the Clutter crime?
2. Which two states did Smith and Hickock travel through before they made their way to Mexico?
3. Which of the following was not an event completed by Nancy?
4. Why did Smith and Hickock sell their stolen car in Mexico?
5. Who was the prime suspect for the murders at the end of Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who wrote down the license plate number of the stolen car Smith and Hickock were driving, a 1956 Chevrolet?
2. Why did Hickock want to ditch the hitchhikers?
3. What characteristic did Willie-Jay and Richard Hickock both see in Perry Smith?
4. How long did Smith and Hickock wait for their execution?
5. In what order did the sheriff, Mr. Ewalt and Mr. Hendricks find the victims?
6. In what way does Capote set the scene in Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
7. Why did Smith and Hickock head for the post office when they finally made it back to Las Vegas?
8. How did Floyd Wells know who committed the murders of the Clutter family?
9. Why were the Christmas holidays hard on Bobby Rupp?
10. When one of Dewey's agents turned up a father and son who completed business with the Clutters, why were they considered suspects even for a very short period of time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Jones identified Smith as having a mental disorder. In your opinion, would a mental hospital have been a better judgment for Smith? Why or why not? Use information from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Would Smith and Hickock have been executed today? Explain and justify your answer with specific details from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing Smith as a person. Is he pitiable? Why or why not?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)