|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term best describes how Dewey described the motive at his first press conference?
2. On what day did the events described in part one of In Cold Blood take place?
3. How many children did the Clutter's have?
4. Who went to the Clutter household every Sunday morning?
5. Who wrote "A History of My Boy's Life"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the townsfolk go to vent about the murder in their small town?
2. Who found the Clutters after they had been murdered, and what led to this discovery?
3. With whom did Herb Clutter meet on the last day of his life, and what was the purpose of this meeting?
4. What crimes did Hickock's parents suspect their son and Smith had committed?
5. What happened to the request to abolish the verdict for Smith and Hickock?
6. What was the last thing Capote describes Nancy as doing before her death?
7. Why was the car that Smith and Hickock drive to Mexico weighed down?
8. What role did Dewey think the newly acquired life insurance policy had on the murder?
9. How long did Smith and Hickock wait for their execution?
10. What caused the apparent psychiatric disorders from which Bonnie Clutter suffered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the most important event in this book? Explain and justify your choice with specific details from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Capote often claimed in interviews that he had perfect recall. Write an essay on the idea of perfect recall. Do you believe it exists? Do you believe Capote had perfect recall? Why or why not.
Essay Topic 3
Create a comparative essay between the individuals, Hickock and Smith. Include personality, social, physical and other traits which can be used to compare the two individuals and use specific details from the text to support your comparison.
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)