|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Helm see in Mrs. Clutter's window?
2. Which of the following was not an event completed by Nancy?
3. What did Kenyon spend hours in the basement doing?
4. Who joined the Merchant Marines?
5. Who did one of the agents find out had a negative business transaction with the Clutters and had made threats toward Herb?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who found the Clutters after they had been murdered, and what led to this discovery?
2. What did Nancy and Kenyon Clutter have in common?
3. Why was the car that Smith and Hickock drive to Mexico weighed down?
4. What happened while Mr. Helm was pruning the flowers in the Clutters' garden?
5. What did Hickock say he believed even after he admitted that the he had some wrong information about the Clutters?
6. Why did Smith give Mrs. Meier an old photograph of himself when he was sixteen?
7. Once in Florida, what was the only dream Smith felt he had left?
8. What role did Dewey think the newly acquired life insurance policy had on the murder?
9. Who was able to secure Hickock and Smith some money after the murders?
10. Since childhood, what reoccured for Smith?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the problem or main conflict existing for Smith within this book. Explain in detail how this conflict was or was not resolved.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing journalistic integrity. Include supporting details from this book which both support Capote as having a journalistic integrity and deny his journalistic integrity.
Essay Topic 3
Did Hickock control Smith? Answer this question with at least ten supporting details to justify your opinion.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)