|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had won blue ribbons for baking pies?
2. Who went to the Clutter household every Sunday morning?
3. Which individual in In Cold Blood was an English Teacher?
4. Mrs. Clutter experienced depression after which event?
5. On what day did the events described in part one of In Cold Blood take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the request to abolish the verdict for Smith and Hickock?
2. What characteristics were the same about each of the victims, relating to the manner in which they were killed?
3. Where did Smith and Hickock find their next stolen car, a 1956 Chevrolet?
4. What was troubling about two of Smith's siblings?
5. What convinced Hickock to take Smith along as a partner to complete the murders?
6. Who did Hickock blame for the crimes after he and Smith were arrested in Las Vegas?
7. What did Hickock think of Smith's treasure hunting plans?
8. Why did Mrs. Meier develop an affection for Smith?
9. Where did the townsfolk go to vent about the murder in their small town?
10. How did Smith hope to pay back all of the people he and Hickock had taken advantage of through their criminal activities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about capital punishment. Use information from the book to provide supporting details for or against capital punishment.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how the author in this text uses foreshadowing. Provide specific examples from the text to support the information contained in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
What was the most important event in this book? Explain and justify your choice with specific details from the text.
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)