|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What memento did Smith save from his sister?
2. What did Hickock know would make Smith the perfect partner for this criminal activity?
3. What activity did Nancy, Kenyon, and Herb do on their final night alive?
4. What do the locals describe Herb's wife as suffering from?
5. How did Smith and Hickock continue to earn money in Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Barbara feel about her brother?
2. What characteristics were the same about each of the victims, relating to the manner in which they were killed?
3. What did Smith say about why he killed the Clutters?
4. What was the last thing Capote describes Nancy as doing before her death?
5. What did Hickock think of Smith's treasure hunting plans?
6. Where did Smith and Hickock find their next stolen car, a 1956 Chevrolet?
7. What characteristic did Willie-Jay and Richard Hickock both see in Perry Smith?
8. Who did Hickock blame for the crimes after he and Smith were arrested in Las Vegas?
9. On what did the doctor blame much of Smith's mental health damage?
10. Who found the Clutters after they had been murdered, and what led to this discovery?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about capital punishment. Use information from the book to provide supporting details for or against capital punishment.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing Smith as a person. Is he pitiable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you agree with the decision of the court to execute Smith and Hickock? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)