|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the largest town near Holcomb?
2. Once Smith and Hickock met on the night of the murders, where did they drive?
3. What was the purpose of the book, "A History of My Boy's Life"?
4. Smith had a premonition that what awaited both he and Hickock?
5. Why was Hickock sure that Smith would not have any problem with committing the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Smith and Hickock find their next stolen car, a 1956 Chevrolet?
2. In what order did the sheriff, Mr. Ewalt and Mr. Hendricks find the victims?
3. How did Barbara feel about her brother?
4. Why was the car that Smith and Hickock drive to Mexico weighed down?
5. Since childhood, what reoccured for Smith?
6. What crimes did Hickock's parents suspect their son and Smith had committed?
7. Why did the court assign lawyers for Smith and Hickcock?
8. What was troubling about two of Smith's siblings?
9. What did Smith and Hickock do right after the Cutter murders?
10. What role did Dewey think the newly acquired life insurance policy had on the murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing this genre. Include opinions and supporting details about the objectivity of the author throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
Do you agree with the decision of the court to execute Smith and Hickock? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing journalistic integrity. Include supporting details from this book which both support Capote as having a journalistic integrity and deny his journalistic integrity.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)