|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "A History of My Boy's Life"?
2. Which individual was in a car accident that left his face crooked?
3. Which investigator was personal friends with the murder victims?
4. Why was Agent Dewey unable to sleep while working on the Clutter case?
5. What did Hickock do to get some money for himself and Smith?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Smith's premonitions say to him?
2. Why did Hickock want to ditch the hitchhikers?
3. What role did Dewey think the newly acquired life insurance policy had on the murder?
4. What did Smith and Hickock do right after the Cutter murders?
5. What characteristics were the same about each of the victims, relating to the manner in which they were killed?
6. What crimes did Hickock's parents suspect their son and Smith had committed?
7. Why did Smith and Hickock head for the post office when they finally made it back to Las Vegas?
8. In what order did the sheriff, Mr. Ewalt and Mr. Hendricks find the victims?
9. What happened while Mr. Helm was pruning the flowers in the Clutters' garden?
10. Why did the court assign lawyers for Smith and Hickcock?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay discussing the title, In Cold Blood. Is it appropriate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What was the most important event in this book? Explain and justify your choice with specific details from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the major themes from this book. Write an essay describing the theme. Include supporting details from the text which show how this theme is developed throughout the book.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)