|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had it been since Floyd had seen the Clutters when he read about their murder?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 11 years.
2. Who visited Hickock in jail?
(b) No one.
(c) His parents.
3. What type of weather was occurring as Hickock and Smith were brought back to Garden City?
(a) Foggy and drizzling.
(b) Sunny and bright.
(c) Snow falling.
(d) Raining hard.
4. What type of examination did Hickock and Smith's lawyers request?
(c) Ability to participate in their defense.
5. Which of the following was not a question asked of Floyd by his cellmate about the Clutters?
(a) Was there a safe?
(b) How many head of cattle did they raise?
(c) Where did they live?
(d) How was the house laid out?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent a postcard to the warden at the prison where Smith and Hickock were incarcerated after their trial?
2. How did Smith react to the news of his punishment by the jury?
3. How many years passed before Hickock and Smith were executed?
4. How much money did Smith and Hickock steal from the Clutters?
5. How long did Hickock hang before he was pronounced dead?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)