|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claimed Smith is a good person who had not gotten any breaks?
(a) His father.
2. Who wrote "A History of My Boy's Life"?
(a) Smith's father.
(b) Willie Jay.
3. How did Smith and Hickock continue to earn money in Mexico?
(a) Murder for hire.
(b) Hunting for treasure.
(c) Writing bad checks.
(d) By selling stolen goods.
4. What did Kenyon spend hours in the basement doing?
(a) Working on his mechanical inventions.
(b) Baking blueberry pies.
(d) Leading meetings of a variety of school clubs.
5. How many of the C;utter children were still living at home at the time of the murders?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the breakfast Herb had on his last day alive?
2. Which of the following was not an event completed by Nancy?
3. The town where the Clutter family lived had a population of about how many?
4. What was Mr. Helm's job?
5. Mrs. Clutter experienced depression after which event?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did Dewey think the newly acquired life insurance policy had on the murder?
2. What happened to the request to abolish the verdict for Smith and Hickock?
3. How long did Smith and Hickock wait for their execution?
4. Why did Mrs. Meier develop an affection for Smith?
5. With whom did Herb Clutter meet on the last day of his life, and what was the purpose of this meeting?
6. What did Hickock say he believed even after he admitted that the he had some wrong information about the Clutters?
7. Who did Hickock blame for the crimes after he and Smith were arrested in Las Vegas?
8. In what order did the sheriff, Mr. Ewalt and Mr. Hendricks find the victims?
9. What was troubling about two of Smith's siblings?
10. What did Smith's premonitions say to him?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)