|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of his possessions was beloved by Smith?
(a) Gibson guitar.
2. How many people had Hickock murdered before the Clutter crime?
3. What did Hickock do to get some money for himself and Smith?
(a) Found a sunken treasure.
(b) Wrote several bad checks.
(c) Stole merchandise and cash.
(d) Robbed a bank.
4. Which individual was found dead on top of the mattress box?
(b) Mr. Clutter.
(c) Mrs. Clutter.
5. What is the largest town near Holcomb?
(a) Garden City.
(b) Hartman's City.
(c) Kansas City.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the life insurance police that Herb Clutter took out worth?
2. Why was Hickock sure that Smith would not have any problem with committing the murder?
3. Which individual was in a car accident that left his face crooked?
4. Who lead the investigation into the Clutter murders?
5. What activity did Nancy, Kenyon, and Herb do on their final night alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Hickock make a shiv in jail, and what did he hope to do with it?
2. What did Smith do with the squirrel that visited him in his cell?
3. In what way does Capote set the scene in Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
4. What physical characteristic did Perry Smith and Richard Hickock share?
5. What did Smith say right before he was executed?
6. What happened to the request to abolish the verdict for Smith and Hickock?
7. Explain some of the details of Smith's dream.
8. Who found the Clutters after they had been murdered, and what led to this discovery?
9. Why did Hickock want to ditch the hitchhikers?
10. Why was the car that Smith and Hickock drive to Mexico weighed down?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)