|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Kenyon and Mr. Clutter's bodies found after the murder?
(a) The basement.
(b) The dining room.
(c) Their bedrooms.
(d) The living room.
2. What pact did Smith and Hickock make after the murders?
(a) To separate and come back together in another country.
(b) To stay together, no matter what.
(c) To stay apart, no matter what.
(d) To stay together until the police hunt them down.
3. How did Smith expect to get the money to pay back everyone he and Hickock had conned?
(a) Money from the murder of the Clutters.
(b) Traveling across the country.
(c) Working hard in Mexico as a mechanic.
(d) Finding sunken treasure in Mexico.
4. Why are the initials on the binoculars important?
(a) They are not important at all.
(b) They show that Smith and Hickock are partners.
(c) They show they belonged to Smith.
(d) They show they belonged to Herb Clutter.
5. What happened to the lodge that Smith and his father built and ran in Alaska?
(a) It failed.
(b) They sold it to join the Merchant Marines.
(c) It fell into the ocean.
(d) His father continued running it without Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Clutter's children was known as the town darling?
2. Who was Herb's wife?
3. What do the locals describe Herb's wife as suffering from?
4. What was Mr. Helm's job?
5. Once Smith and Hickock met on the night of the murders, where did they drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event happened to help Smith to feel less lonely while awaiting his trial?
2. In Part 2 of In Cold Blood, why did the hotel manager assume Smith would be returning to the hotel?
3. Who found the Clutters after they had been murdered, and what led to this discovery?
4. Who was able to secure Hickock and Smith some money after the murders?
5. What did Smith's premonitions say to him?
6. Why did Smith and Hickock's lawyer's think they could keep their clients from being hung?
7. How did Barbara feel about her brother?
8. What role did Dewey think the newly acquired life insurance policy had on the murder?
9. It was because of whose relationship with the Clutters that they end up murdered?
10. Describe some events describing why Smith's childhood was difficult and unfortunate.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)