|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term best describes how Dewey described the motive at his first press conference?
(c) Wrapped up in the purchase of the life insurance policy.
2. How did Smith expect to get the money to pay back everyone he and Hickock had conned?
(a) Money from the murder of the Clutters.
(b) Finding sunken treasure in Mexico.
(c) Traveling across the country.
(d) Working hard in Mexico as a mechanic.
3. Who was the prime suspect for the murders at the end of Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
(a) Larry Hendricks.
(b) Susan Kidwell.
(c) Bobby Rupp.
(d) Richard Hickock.
4. The town where the Clutter family lived had a population of about how many?
5. Who did one of the agents find out had a negative business transaction with the Clutters and had made threats toward Herb?
(a) Bobby Rupp.
(b) A pair of men who did not know the family at all.
(c) A pair of men; one who knew the family and his accomplice.
(d) A father and son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not one of the good qualities Willie Jay saw in Smith?
2. Where did Smith and Hickock first hear about their crime after it was commited?
3. How old was Alvin Adams Dewey in Part 2 of In Cold Blood?
4. Why did Agent Dewey lose weight while working on the Clutter case?
5. What is the largest town near Holcomb?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Smith and Hickock do right after the Cutter murders?
2. When one of Dewey's agents turned up a father and son who completed business with the Clutters, why were they considered suspects even for a very short period of time?
3. What physical characteristic did Perry Smith and Richard Hickock share?
4. How did Floyd Wells know who committed the murders of the Clutter family?
5. What crimes did Hickock's parents suspect their son and Smith had committed?
6. Where did the townsfolk go to vent about the murder in their small town?
7. What was troubling about two of Smith's siblings?
8. What did Hickock say he believed even after he admitted that the he had some wrong information about the Clutters?
9. How did Hickock find his and Smith's destination, the Clutter house, on the night of the murders?
10. Why did Hickock want to ditch the hitchhikers?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)