Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the C;utter children were still living at home at the time of the murders?
2. What did Hickock do to get some money for himself and Smith?
(a) Wrote several bad checks.
(b) Robbed a bank.
(c) Stole merchandise and cash.
(d) Found a sunken treasure.
3. Who lead the investigation into the Clutter murders?
(a) Agent Dewey.
(b) Agent Nye.
(c) Agent Church.
(d) Agent Duntz.
4. What happened to the passing stranger who was considered a suspect in the Clutter murders?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He was cleared of the murders.
(c) He claimed the life insurance money and left.
(d) He escaped before anyone could determine his involvement.
5. Which individual was a rodeo-performer at one time?
(a) Kenyon Clutter.
(b) Richard Clutter.
(c) Perry Smith.
(d) Nancy Clutter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Agent Dewey lose weight while working on the Clutter case?
2. Who did Agent Dewey believe committed the crime?
3. Why does Perry Smith suffer from chronic pain?
4. How many people had Hickock murdered before the Clutter crime?
5. What activity did Nancy, Kenyon, and Herb do on their final night alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom did Herb Clutter meet on the last day of his life, and what was the purpose of this meeting?
2. What happened to the request to abolish the verdict for Smith and Hickock?
3. Why did the court assign lawyers for Smith and Hickcock?
4. Why did Hickock study law while he awaited his execution?
5. How did Smith hope to pay back all of the people he and Hickock had taken advantage of through their criminal activities?
6. What correction did Smith make to his confession?
7. How did Floyd Wells know who committed the murders of the Clutter family?
8. Why was Nancy Clutter admired for her energy and industry?
9. What convinced Hickock to take Smith along as a partner to complete the murders?
10. Why did Hickock want to ditch the hitchhikers?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)