|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day did the events described in part one of In Cold Blood take place?
(a) November 15, 1950.
(b) December 15, 1950.
(c) November 15, 1959.
(d) December 15, 1959.
2. Which term best describes the evidence upon which the case could be built after Dewey first took over the investigation?
(a) He expected to make an arrest within the week.
(b) Clear evidence; it was just a matter of time before an arrest would be made.
(c) Little to no evidence.
(d) Overwhelming evidence.
3. Where did the bus drop Smith and Hickock off after they sold their car in Mexico?
(d) Las Vegas.
4. The town where the Clutter family lived had a population of about how many?
5. How many children did the Clutter's have?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Smith's recurring nightmare begin?
2. Which of the following was not an event completed by Nancy?
3. What happened to the passing stranger who was considered a suspect in the Clutter murders?
4. What activity did Nancy, Kenyon, and Herb do on their final night alive?
5. Which murder victim did the Sherriff, Mr. Hendricks and Mr. Ewalt find first?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Smith and Hickock head for the post office when they finally made it back to Las Vegas?
2. Since childhood, what reoccured for Smith?
3. Describe some events describing why Smith's childhood was difficult and unfortunate.
4. Why did the court assign lawyers for Smith and Hickcock?
5. It was because of whose relationship with the Clutters that they end up murdered?
6. What did Nancy and Kenyon Clutter have in common?
7. What was the last thing Capote describes Nancy as doing before her death?
8. What happened to the request to abolish the verdict for Smith and Hickock?
9. What characteristics were the same about each of the victims, relating to the manner in which they were killed?
10. Why was the car that Smith and Hickock drive to Mexico weighed down?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)