|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which individual was in a car accident that left his face crooked?
(a) Perry Hickock.
(b) Herb Clutter.
(c) Perry Smith.
(d) Richard Hickock.
2. Who was impressed by the number of people that attended the Clutter funeral?
3. What was the breakfast Herb had on his last day alive?
(a) Apple and milk.
(b) Bacon and eggs.
(c) Oatmeal and juice.
(d) Cereal and milk.
4. Why did Smith and Hickock sell their stolen car in Mexico?
(a) They were out of money.
(b) Someone offerred them a lot of money for it.
(c) It did not work anymore.
(d) The police were looking for the car.
5. Which of the following was not one of the good qualities Willie Jay saw in Smith?
(a) Explosive emotional reactions.
(b) Poetic imagination.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did the Clutter's have?
2. Which two individual met at the drugstore the night of the murder?
3. Of what was Dewey an agent?
4. Who lead the investigation into the Clutter murders?
5. Why are the initials on the binoculars important?
Short Essay Questions
1. What correction did Smith make to his confession?
2. What caused the apparent psychiatric disorders from which Bonnie Clutter suffered?
3. In what order did the sheriff, Mr. Ewalt and Mr. Hendricks find the victims?
4. What did Smith and Hickock do right after the Cutter murders?
5. On what did the doctor blame much of Smith's mental health damage?
6. Explain at least two things that happened to Dewey which some might think would be positive events in an investigation, but in this case lead nowhere.
7. What did Smith say right before he was executed?
8. What happened while Mr. Helm was pruning the flowers in the Clutters' garden?
9. Where did the townsfolk go to vent about the murder in their small town?
10. Why did Smith and Hickock's lawyer's think they could keep their clients from being hung?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)