|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which individual believed that treasure hunting was an unrealistic fantasy?
2. The town where the Clutter family lived had a population of about how many?
3. When did Smith's recurring nightmare begin?
(a) After the murders.
(b) In childhood.
(c) In his late teens.
(d) In jail.
4. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Herb Clutter?
(a) Bad business sense.
5. What happened to the passing stranger who was considered a suspect in the Clutter murders?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He escaped before anyone could determine his involvement.
(c) He claimed the life insurance money and left.
(d) He was cleared of the murders.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Richard Hickock the night of the murders?
2. Once Smith and Hickock met on the night of the murders, where did they drive?
3. Who claimed Smith is a good person who had not gotten any breaks?
4. Who had won blue ribbons for baking pies?
5. Where did Smith and Hickock meet Otto?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Barbara feel about her brother?
2. Why was the car that Smith and Hickock drive to Mexico weighed down?
3. What event happened to help Smith to feel less lonely while awaiting his trial?
4. Why did Smith say he cut Mr. Clutter's throat?
5. In what order did the sheriff, Mr. Ewalt and Mr. Hendricks find the victims?
6. What physical characteristic did Perry Smith and Richard Hickock share?
7. What caused the apparent psychiatric disorders from which Bonnie Clutter suffered?
8. What did Smith and Hickock do right after the Cutter murders?
9. Explain at least two things that happened to Dewey which some might think would be positive events in an investigation, but in this case lead nowhere.
10. What happened while Mr. Helm was pruning the flowers in the Clutters' garden?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)