|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the prime suspect for the murders at the end of Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
(a) Richard Hickock.
(b) Larry Hendricks.
(c) Susan Kidwell.
(d) Bobby Rupp.
2. Where were Kenyon and Mr. Clutter's bodies found after the murder?
(a) The living room.
(b) The dining room.
(c) Their bedrooms.
(d) The basement.
3. In Smith's nightmare, what always saved him in the end?
(a) A green, parrot-like bird.
(b) A yellow, parrot-like bird.
(c) A yellow, finch-like bird.
(d) A green, finch-like bird.
4. Smith had a premonition that what awaited both he and Hickock?
(a) A trap.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A treasure.
(d) A yellow parrot.
5. Which individual believed that treasure hunting was an unrealistic fantasy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which individual is shown to be primarily a schemer and a con man?
2. Why are the initials on the binoculars important?
3. What did Mr. Helm see in Mrs. Clutter's window?
4. What did Kenyon spend hours in the basement doing?
5. Mrs. Clutter experienced depression after which event?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Smith do with the squirrel that visited him in his cell?
2. What happened to the request to abolish the verdict for Smith and Hickock?
3. What did Hickock say he believed even after he admitted that the he had some wrong information about the Clutters?
4. Describe some events describing why Smith's childhood was difficult and unfortunate.
5. Where did Smith and Hickock find their next stolen car, a 1956 Chevrolet?
6. In what way does Capote set the scene in Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
7. Why did Mrs. Meier develop an affection for Smith?
8. Explain some of the details of Smith's dream.
9. When one of Dewey's agents turned up a father and son who completed business with the Clutters, why were they considered suspects even for a very short period of time?
10. Who was able to secure Hickock and Smith some money after the murders?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)