|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people attended the Clutter funeral?
2. What did Smith and Hickock do to a 1949 Chevrolet sedan?
(a) Crashed it.
(b) Washed it.
(c) Stole it.
(d) Gave it a tune-up.
3. Which murder victim did the Sherriff, Mr. Hendricks and Mr. Ewalt find first?
(a) Mrs. Clutter.
(b) Mr. Clutter.
4. Which individual is shown to be primarily a schemer and a con man?
(a) Richard Hickock.
(b) Perry Hickock.
(c) Perry Smith.
(d) Nancy Clutter.
5. How much was the life insurance police that Herb Clutter took out worth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which individual was a rodeo-performer at one time?
2. What apparently was used to kill all of the murder victims?
3. Which individual is part Cherokee, with dark eyes, and a dark complexion?
4. In Smith's nightmare, what always saved him in the end?
5. Which individual was in a car accident that left his face crooked?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the car that Smith and Hickock drive to Mexico weighed down?
2. How did Barbara feel about her brother?
3. Why do you think Smith was impressed about the Clutter funeral?
4. What did Smith say about why he killed the Clutters?
5. What characteristic did Willie-Jay and Richard Hickock both see in Perry Smith?
6. How did Hickock find his and Smith's destination, the Clutter house, on the night of the murders?
7. How did Smith hope to pay back all of the people he and Hickock had taken advantage of through their criminal activities?
8. It was because of whose relationship with the Clutters that they end up murdered?
9. Why did Smith give Mrs. Meier an old photograph of himself when he was sixteen?
10. Who wrote down the license plate number of the stolen car Smith and Hickock were driving, a 1956 Chevrolet?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)