|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Smith and Hickock do to a 1949 Chevrolet sedan?
(a) Gave it a tune-up.
(b) Crashed it.
(c) Washed it.
(d) Stole it.
2. Where does the story that In Cold Blood investigates take place?
(a) Holcomb, Kansas.
(b) River Valley, Kansas.
(c) Kansas CIty, Texas.
(d) Finney, Kansas.
3. What memento did Smith save from his sister?
(a) A letter.
(c) A biography and family tree.
(d) A guitar.
4. What does a double-indemnity clause mean?
(a) If the person dies of a disease, the pay out is doubled.
(b) If the person dies by accident, the pay out is tripled.
(c) If the person is murdered, the pay out is tripled.
(d) If the person dies by accident, the pay out is doubled.
5. Why was Hickock sure that Smith would not have any problem with committing the murder?
(a) He knew Smith had no conscious.
(b) It was in the past, and they agreed to never look back.
(c) He thought Smith had murdered before.
(d) Because He himself had no difficulties with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which individual believed that treasure hunting was an unrealistic fantasy?
2. What was the purpose of the book, "A History of My Boy's Life"?
3. Who did one of the agents find out had a negative business transaction with the Clutters and had made threats toward Herb?
4. What was one of the former jobs of Alvin Dewey?
5. About how far away from the Clutter's town is the drug store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Smith's premonitions say to him?
2. In what way does Capote set the scene in Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
3. Why did Hickock study law while he awaited his execution?
4. What event happened to help Smith to feel less lonely while awaiting his trial?
5. Why did Mrs. Meier develop an affection for Smith?
6. How do you think the police knew where to find Smith and Hickock?
7. Why did Smith give Mrs. Meier an old photograph of himself when he was sixteen?
8. How did Barbara feel about her brother?
9. What did Nancy and Kenyon Clutter have in common?
10. It was because of whose relationship with the Clutters that they end up murdered?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)