|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which investigator was personal friends with the murder victims?
(a) Agent Church.
(b) Agent Dewey.
(c) Agent Duntz.
(d) Agent Nye.
2. Of what was Dewey an agent?
(a) Kansas Bureau of Investigation.
(b) Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(c) Special Prosecuters Office.
(d) Kansas District Attorney.
3. What apparently was used to kill all of the murder victims?
(b) A gun.
(c) A bat.
4. What did Hickock finally admit to Smith about the crime?
(a) He had some wrong information about the Clutters.
(b) He was sure the police know it was them.
(c) He wanted to separate and go his own way.
(d) He left behind evidence that he should not have left behind.
5. Which individual believed that treasure hunting was an unrealistic fantasy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joined the Merchant Marines?
2. Who was impressed by the number of people that attended the Clutter funeral?
3. Which term best describes how Dewey described the motive at his first press conference?
4. Who lead the investigation into the Clutter murders?
5. What did Hickock do to get some money for himself and Smith?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Larry Hendrick accompany Mr. Ewalt back to the Clutter house when the murders were discovered?
2. What did Hickock say he believed even after he admitted that the he had some wrong information about the Clutters?
3. Who wrote down the license plate number of the stolen car Smith and Hickock were driving, a 1956 Chevrolet?
4. How long did Smith and Hickock wait for their execution?
5. Why do you think Smith was impressed about the Clutter funeral?
6. When one of Dewey's agents turned up a father and son who completed business with the Clutters, why were they considered suspects even for a very short period of time?
7. Why did Hickock study law while he awaited his execution?
8. Describe some events describing why Smith's childhood was difficult and unfortunate.
9. What was troubling about two of Smith's siblings?
10. It was because of whose relationship with the Clutters that they end up murdered?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)