|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Smith and Hickock continue to earn money in Mexico?
(a) Murder for hire.
(b) Writing bad checks.
(c) Hunting for treasure.
(d) By selling stolen goods.
2. Which individual was a rodeo-performer at one time?
(a) Nancy Clutter.
(b) Richard Clutter.
(c) Perry Smith.
(d) Kenyon Clutter.
3. Where were Smith and Hickcock trying to go when they came back from the states from Mexico?
(a) Las Vegas.
4. On what day did the events described in part one of In Cold Blood take place?
(a) November 15, 1950.
(b) December 15, 1950.
(c) December 15, 1959.
(d) November 15, 1959.
5. Who had won blue ribbons for baking pies?
Short Answer Questions
1. About how far away from the Clutter's town is the drug store?
2. What did Mr. Helm see in Mrs. Clutter's window?
3. How many people attended the Clutter funeral?
4. Where does the story that In Cold Blood investigates take place?
5. What activity did Nancy, Kenyon, and Herb do on their final night alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Smith's premonitions say to him?
2. Since childhood, what reoccured for Smith?
3. How did Smith hope to pay back all of the people he and Hickock had taken advantage of through their criminal activities?
4. Who found the Clutters after they had been murdered, and what led to this discovery?
5. It was because of whose relationship with the Clutters that they end up murdered?
6. What caused the apparent psychiatric disorders from which Bonnie Clutter suffered?
7. What correction did Smith make to his confession?
8. What characteristic did Willie-Jay and Richard Hickock both see in Perry Smith?
9. Why did Hickock study law while he awaited his execution?
10. Why did Larry Hendrick accompany Mr. Ewalt back to the Clutter house when the murders were discovered?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)