|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term best describes how Dewey described the motive at his first press conference?
(c) Wrapped up in the purchase of the life insurance policy.
2. When Hickock and Smith went out on the boat, who did not go into the water?
3. Who lead the investigation into the Clutter murders?
(a) Agent Church.
(b) Agent Nye.
(c) Agent Dewey.
(d) Agent Duntz.
4. What did Kenyon spend hours in the basement doing?
(a) Leading meetings of a variety of school clubs.
(c) Working on his mechanical inventions.
(d) Baking blueberry pies.
5. Which of his possessions was beloved by Smith?
(b) Gibson guitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mr. Helm's job?
2. Which investigator was personal friends with the murder victims?
3. Which of the Clutter children was somewhat eccentric?
4. How old was Richard Hickock the night of the murders?
5. What was wrong with Smith's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Smith and Hickock head for the post office when they finally made it back to Las Vegas?
2. How did Barbara feel about her brother?
3. What did Smith's premonitions say to him?
4. Where did Smith and Hickock find their next stolen car, a 1956 Chevrolet?
5. Who did Hickock blame for the crimes after he and Smith were arrested in Las Vegas?
6. In what way does Capote set the scene in Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
7. What was the last thing Capote describes Nancy as doing before her death?
8. What physical characteristic did Perry Smith and Richard Hickock share?
9. What correction did Smith make to his confession?
10. What convinced Hickock to take Smith along as a partner to complete the murders?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)