|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two states did Smith and Hickock travel through before they made their way to Mexico?
(a) Arizona and Texas.
(b) Arizona and Oklahoma.
(c) Oklahoma and Texas.
(d) New Mexico and Arizona.
2. From which of the following does it say in the book that Herb abstained from?
3. What pact did Smith and Hickock make after the murders?
(a) To stay together, no matter what.
(b) To stay together until the police hunt them down.
(c) To stay apart, no matter what.
(d) To separate and come back together in another country.
4. River Valley Farm did not contain which of the following?
5. What memento did Smith save from his sister?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A letter.
(d) A biography and family tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Herb Clutter?
2. What was one of the former jobs of Alvin Dewey?
3. Which murder victim did the Sherriff, Mr. Hendricks and Mr. Ewalt find first?
4. Where is the small drugstore that is described in part one of In Cold Blood?
5. What did Hickock know would make Smith the perfect partner for this criminal activity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was able to secure Hickock and Smith some money after the murders?
2. In what way does Capote set the scene in Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
3. What event happened to help Smith to feel less lonely while awaiting his trial?
4. Explain at least two things that happened to Dewey which some might think would be positive events in an investigation, but in this case lead nowhere.
5. Where did the townsfolk go to vent about the murder in their small town?
6. How did Smith hope to pay back all of the people he and Hickock had taken advantage of through their criminal activities?
7. What did Hickock say he believed even after he admitted that the he had some wrong information about the Clutters?
8. Since childhood, what reoccured for Smith?
9. What did Smith's premonitions say to him?
10. Why did Hickock make a shiv in jail, and what did he hope to do with it?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)