|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claimed Smith should stop blaming everyone else for his problems and accept the responsibility himself?
(b) His father.
2. Which of the following was not an event completed by Nancy?
(a) Playing with her cat.
(b) Getting gas in her car.
(c) Teaching neighbor girl to bake a cherry pie.
(d) Talking on the phone to her best friend.
3. The town where the Clutter family lived had a population of about how many?
4. Which kind of treatment did Bonnie receive?
5. What was Mr. Helm's job?
(a) Funeral Director.
(d) FBI Agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did one of the agents find out had a negative business transaction with the Clutters and had made threats toward Herb?
2. In Smith's nightmare, what always saved him in the end?
3. When Hickock and Smith went out on the boat, who did not go into the water?
4. Which individual is part Cherokee, with dark eyes, and a dark complexion?
5. What was wrong with Smith's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what order did the sheriff, Mr. Ewalt and Mr. Hendricks find the victims?
2. On what did the doctor blame much of Smith's mental health damage?
3. How long did Smith and Hickock wait for their execution?
4. In what way does Capote set the scene in Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
5. How did Barbara feel about her brother?
6. In Part 2 of In Cold Blood, why did the hotel manager assume Smith would be returning to the hotel?
7. When one of Dewey's agents turned up a father and son who completed business with the Clutters, why were they considered suspects even for a very short period of time?
8. What was troubling about two of Smith's siblings?
9. Why do you think Smith was impressed about the Clutter funeral?
10. What did Smith say right before he was executed?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)