|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Agent Dewey lose weight while working on the Clutter case?
(a) His wife had him on a diet.
(b) He obsessed over the Clutter case.
(c) He was chasing Smith and Hickock around the globe.
(d) He was too busy to eat.
2. What was wrong with Smith's mother?
(a) She joined the Merchant Marines.
(b) She was a drunkard.
(c) She died giving birth to him.
(d) She moved to Alaska.
3. How old was Herb Clutter when he died?
4. What was the purpose of the book, "A History of My Boy's Life"?
(a) To get Smith paroled.
(b) To document the murders.
(c) To document Smith's father's life.
(d) To keep track of family history.
5. Who was Nancy's boyfriend?
(a) Perry Smith.
(b) Bobby Rupp.
(c) Herb Clutter.
(d) Richard Hickock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Smith and Hickock sell their stolen car in Mexico?
2. Where did Smith and Hickock first hear about their crime after it was commited?
3. About how far away from the Clutter's town is the drug store?
4. Why was Hickock sure that Smith would not have any problem with committing the murder?
5. Why was a passing stranger considered a suspect in the Clutter murders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Smith and Hickock's lawyer's think they could keep their clients from being hung?
2. What did Hickock think of Smith's treasure hunting plans?
3. Why did Smith say he cut Mr. Clutter's throat?
4. It was because of whose relationship with the Clutters that they end up murdered?
5. In what way does Capote set the scene in Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
6. What characteristics were the same about each of the victims, relating to the manner in which they were killed?
7. How did Smith hope to pay back all of the people he and Hickock had taken advantage of through their criminal activities?
8. What caused the apparent psychiatric disorders from which Bonnie Clutter suffered?
9. Who found the Clutters after they had been murdered, and what led to this discovery?
10. Why did Mrs. Meier develop an affection for Smith?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)