|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the locals describe Herb's wife as suffering from?
(b) Drug addiction.
2. How many of the C;utter children were still living at home at the time of the murders?
3. What was the breakfast Herb had on his last day alive?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Cereal and milk.
(c) Oatmeal and juice.
(d) Apple and milk.
4. Which individual believed that treasure hunting was an unrealistic fantasy?
5. What did Smith and Hickock do to a 1949 Chevrolet sedan?
(a) Crashed it.
(b) Washed it.
(c) Stole it.
(d) Gave it a tune-up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Herb Clutter when he died?
2. What happened to the passing stranger who was considered a suspect in the Clutter murders?
3. What activity did Nancy, Kenyon, and Herb do on their final night alive?
4. Smith had a premonition that what awaited both he and Hickock?
5. Why was Agent Dewey unable to sleep while working on the Clutter case?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain at least two things that happened to Dewey which some might think would be positive events in an investigation, but in this case lead nowhere.
2. Why did Smith and Hickock head for the post office when they finally made it back to Las Vegas?
3. Why did Smith say he cut Mr. Clutter's throat?
4. What caused the apparent psychiatric disorders from which Bonnie Clutter suffered?
5. Why was the car that Smith and Hickock drive to Mexico weighed down?
6. Why did Mrs. Meier develop an affection for Smith?
7. What characteristics were the same about each of the victims, relating to the manner in which they were killed?
8. How long did Smith and Hickock wait for their execution?
9. Why did Hickock want to ditch the hitchhikers?
10. Why did Larry Hendrick accompany Mr. Ewalt back to the Clutter house when the murders were discovered?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)