|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The town where the Clutter family lived had a population of about how many?
2. Which two individual met at the drugstore the night of the murder?
(a) Richard Hickock and Kenyon Clutter.
(b) Nancy Clutter and Kenyon Clutter.
(c) Perry Smith and Richard Hickock.
(d) Perry Smith and Eveanna Clutter.
3. What was wrong with Smith's mother?
(a) She was a drunkard.
(b) She joined the Merchant Marines.
(c) She moved to Alaska.
(d) She died giving birth to him.
4. Who went to the Clutter household every Sunday morning?
(a) Richard Hickock.
(b) Susan Kidwell.
(c) Perry Smith.
(d) Nancy Ewalt.
5. Which individual is part Cherokee, with dark eyes, and a dark complexion?
(a) Herb Clutter.
(b) Richard Clutter.
(c) Perry Smith.
(d) Kenyon Clutter.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how far away from the Clutter's town is the drug store?
2. What is the name of the oldest Clutter's child?
3. Which individual was in a car accident that left his face crooked?
4. Which of the Clutter's children was known as the town darling?
5. What pact did Smith and Hickock make after the murders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the court assign lawyers for Smith and Hickcock?
2. What did Hickock say he believed even after he admitted that the he had some wrong information about the Clutters?
3. How did Hickock find his and Smith's destination, the Clutter house, on the night of the murders?
4. Why did Smith and Hickock's lawyer's think they could keep their clients from being hung?
5. With whom did Herb Clutter meet on the last day of his life, and what was the purpose of this meeting?
6. What was the last thing Capote describes Nancy as doing before her death?
7. What convinced Hickock to take Smith along as a partner to complete the murders?
8. Who was able to secure Hickock and Smith some money after the murders?
9. Who found the Clutters after they had been murdered, and what led to this discovery?
10. What did Smith and Hickock do right after the Cutter murders?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)