|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claimed Smith should stop blaming everyone else for his problems and accept the responsibility himself?
(c) His father.
2. What did Hickock finally admit to Smith about the crime?
(a) He had some wrong information about the Clutters.
(b) He left behind evidence that he should not have left behind.
(c) He was sure the police know it was them.
(d) He wanted to separate and go his own way.
3. Who lead the investigation into the Clutter murders?
(a) Agent Nye.
(b) Agent Church.
(c) Agent Duntz.
(d) Agent Dewey.
4. Who did Agent Dewey believe committed the crime?
(a) A father and son team who had a business transaction with the Clutters.
(b) Bobby Rupp.
(c) A pair of men who did not know the family at all.
(d) A pair of men; one who knew the family and his accomplice.
5. Who claimed Smith is a good person who had not gotten any breaks?
(c) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pact did Smith and Hickock make after the murders?
2. What was the breakfast Herb had on his last day alive?
3. What is the largest town near Holcomb?
4. Which individual is part Cherokee, with dark eyes, and a dark complexion?
5. Why was Agent Dewey unable to sleep while working on the Clutter case?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long did Smith and Hickock wait for their execution?
2. What happened while Mr. Helm was pruning the flowers in the Clutters' garden?
3. What did Hickock say he believed even after he admitted that the he had some wrong information about the Clutters?
4. What did Smith and Hickock do right after the Cutter murders?
5. When one of Dewey's agents turned up a father and son who completed business with the Clutters, why were they considered suspects even for a very short period of time?
6. Why were the Christmas holidays hard on Bobby Rupp?
7. Why do you think Smith was impressed about the Clutter funeral?
8. It was because of whose relationship with the Clutters that they end up murdered?
9. Where did Smith and Hickock find their next stolen car, a 1956 Chevrolet?
10. What caused the apparent psychiatric disorders from which Bonnie Clutter suffered?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)