|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Smith and Hickock met on the night of the murders, where did they drive?
(a) To a car wash.
(b) To Finney County.
(c) To a garage where Hickock worked as a mechanic.
(d) To a garage where Smith worked as a mechanic.
2. Which of the following was not an event completed by Nancy?
(a) Playing with her cat.
(b) Teaching neighbor girl to bake a cherry pie.
(c) Talking on the phone to her best friend.
(d) Getting gas in her car.
3. Which individual is shown to be primarily a schemer and a con man?
(a) Nancy Clutter.
(b) Perry Hickock.
(c) Perry Smith.
(d) Richard Hickock.
4. Why did Smith and Hickock sell their stolen car in Mexico?
(a) They were out of money.
(b) The police were looking for the car.
(c) Someone offerred them a lot of money for it.
(d) It did not work anymore.
5. Where did the bus drop Smith and Hickock off after they sold their car in Mexico?
(b) Las Vegas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which murder victim did the Sherriff, Mr. Hendricks and Mr. Ewalt find first?
2. How did Hickock and Smith meet?
3. How many children did the Clutter's have?
4. The town where the Clutter family lived had a population of about how many?
5. How did Smith and Hickock continue to earn money in Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. What physical characteristic did Perry Smith and Richard Hickock share?
2. Why did Smith say he cut Mr. Clutter's throat?
3. What correction did Smith make to his confession?
4. What did Smith say about why he killed the Clutters?
5. Who wrote down the license plate number of the stolen car Smith and Hickock were driving, a 1956 Chevrolet?
6. Where did Smith and Hickock find their next stolen car, a 1956 Chevrolet?
7. On what did the doctor blame much of Smith's mental health damage?
8. What role did Dewey think the newly acquired life insurance policy had on the murder?
9. Why was the car that Smith and Hickock drive to Mexico weighed down?
10. What did Smith and Hickock do right after the Cutter murders?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)