|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the initials on the binoculars important?
(a) They show they belonged to Herb Clutter.
(b) They show they belonged to Smith.
(c) They are not important at all.
(d) They show that Smith and Hickock are partners.
2. How did Smith expect to get the money to pay back everyone he and Hickock had conned?
(a) Finding sunken treasure in Mexico.
(b) Working hard in Mexico as a mechanic.
(c) Traveling across the country.
(d) Money from the murder of the Clutters.
3. What was wrong with Smith's mother?
(a) She joined the Merchant Marines.
(b) She moved to Alaska.
(c) She died giving birth to him.
(d) She was a drunkard.
4. Where were Smith and Hickcock trying to go when they came back from the states from Mexico?
(d) Las Vegas.
5. What activity did Nancy, Kenyon, and Herb do on their final night alive?
(a) Play board games with Bobby.
(b) Watch TV.
(c) Bake pies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which individual is shown to be primarily a schemer and a con man?
2. Who had won blue ribbons for baking pies?
3. What was the purpose of the book, "A History of My Boy's Life"?
4. Who wrote "A History of My Boy's Life"?
5. Where were Kenyon and Mr. Clutter's bodies found after the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Smith do with the squirrel that visited him in his cell?
2. Explain at least two things that happened to Dewey which some might think would be positive events in an investigation, but in this case lead nowhere.
3. Why did Larry Hendrick accompany Mr. Ewalt back to the Clutter house when the murders were discovered?
4. Why did the court assign lawyers for Smith and Hickcock?
5. Why were the Christmas holidays hard on Bobby Rupp?
6. Why do you think Smith was impressed about the Clutter funeral?
7. Describe some events describing why Smith's childhood was difficult and unfortunate.
8. How do you think the police knew where to find Smith and Hickock?
9. Why did Smith and Hickock head for the post office when they finally made it back to Las Vegas?
10. What characteristic did Willie-Jay and Richard Hickock both see in Perry Smith?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)