|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the bus drop Smith and Hickock off after they sold their car in Mexico?
(c) Las Vegas.
2. Which of the following was not one of the good qualities Willie Jay saw in Smith?
(c) Poetic imagination.
(d) Explosive emotional reactions.
3. The town where the Clutter family lived had a population of about how many?
4. Which individual is part Cherokee, with dark eyes, and a dark complexion?
(a) Richard Clutter.
(b) Kenyon Clutter.
(c) Perry Smith.
(d) Herb Clutter.
5. What was the purpose of the book, "A History of My Boy's Life"?
(a) To document the murders.
(b) To get Smith paroled.
(c) To keep track of family history.
(d) To document Smith's father's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Hickock sure that Smith would not have any problem with committing the murder?
2. Which individual is shown to be primarily a schemer and a con man?
3. Who joined the Merchant Marines?
4. Who did Agent Dewey believe committed the crime?
5. How old was Alvin Adams Dewey in Part 2 of In Cold Blood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused the apparent psychiatric disorders from which Bonnie Clutter suffered?
2. When one of Dewey's agents turned up a father and son who completed business with the Clutters, why were they considered suspects even for a very short period of time?
3. What did Hickock say he believed even after he admitted that the he had some wrong information about the Clutters?
4. How did Smith hope to pay back all of the people he and Hickock had taken advantage of through their criminal activities?
5. Why was Nancy Clutter admired for her energy and industry?
6. How did Barbara feel about her brother?
7. It was because of whose relationship with the Clutters that they end up murdered?
8. What convinced Hickock to take Smith along as a partner to complete the murders?
9. In what order did the sheriff, Mr. Ewalt and Mr. Hendricks find the victims?
10. What crimes did Hickock's parents suspect their son and Smith had committed?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)