|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hickock finally admit to Smith about the crime?
(a) He had some wrong information about the Clutters.
(b) He left behind evidence that he should not have left behind.
(c) He wanted to separate and go his own way.
(d) He was sure the police know it was them.
2. Who was Nancy's boyfriend?
(a) Perry Smith.
(b) Herb Clutter.
(c) Richard Hickock.
(d) Bobby Rupp.
3. Which murder victim did the Sherriff, Mr. Hendricks and Mr. Ewalt find first?
(a) Mrs. Clutter.
(c) Mr. Clutter.
4. Which of the following was not an event completed by Nancy?
(a) Getting gas in her car.
(b) Playing with her cat.
(c) Talking on the phone to her best friend.
(d) Teaching neighbor girl to bake a cherry pie.
5. Who was impressed by the number of people that attended the Clutter funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. The town where the Clutter family lived had a population of about how many?
2. Where did Smith and Hickock meet Otto?
3. Why was Agent Dewey unable to sleep while working on the Clutter case?
4. Where were Kenyon and Mr. Clutter's bodies found after the murder?
5. What pact did Smith and Hickock make after the murders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Hickock study law while he awaited his execution?
2. Why do you think Smith was impressed about the Clutter funeral?
3. What caused the apparent psychiatric disorders from which Bonnie Clutter suffered?
4. Describe some events describing why Smith's childhood was difficult and unfortunate.
5. What did Smith's premonitions say to him?
6. Since childhood, what reoccured for Smith?
7. Who found the Clutters after they had been murdered, and what led to this discovery?
8. How did Smith hope to pay back all of the people he and Hickock had taken advantage of through their criminal activities?
9. Who wrote down the license plate number of the stolen car Smith and Hickock were driving, a 1956 Chevrolet?
10. Where did the townsfolk go to vent about the murder in their small town?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)