|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which individual believed that treasure hunting was an unrealistic fantasy?
2. Which individual was in a car accident that left his face crooked?
(a) Perry Hickock.
(b) Perry Smith.
(c) Herb Clutter.
(d) Richard Hickock.
3. Where does the story that In Cold Blood investigates take place?
(a) River Valley, Kansas.
(b) Finney, Kansas.
(c) Holcomb, Kansas.
(d) Kansas CIty, Texas.
4. How many people had Hickock murdered before the Clutter crime?
5. Who joined the Merchant Marines?
(a) Smith's father.
(c) Smith's mother.
(d) Smith's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. River Valley Farm did not contain which of the following?
2. Which of his possessions was beloved by Smith?
3. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Herb Clutter?
4. What is the name of the oldest Clutter's child?
5. Who was the prime suspect for the murders at the end of Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mr. Ewalt have to drive back to Susan's apartment to call the Sheriff about the Clutter murders?
2. Why did Smith give Mrs. Meier an old photograph of himself when he was sixteen?
3. How did Smith hope to pay back all of the people he and Hickock had taken advantage of through their criminal activities?
4. What happened while Mr. Helm was pruning the flowers in the Clutters' garden?
5. What did Smith say right before he was executed?
6. What did Nancy and Kenyon Clutter have in common?
7. Why was the car that Smith and Hickock drive to Mexico weighed down?
8. Where did the townsfolk go to vent about the murder in their small town?
9. Why did Mrs. Meier develop an affection for Smith?
10. What characteristic did Willie-Jay and Richard Hickock both see in Perry Smith?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)