|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who supposedly lived in Fort Scott, Kansas?
(a) Smith's brother.
(b) Hickock's brother.
(c) Hickock's sister.
(d) Smith's sister.
2. in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where was the most recent address Detective Nye had for Smith?
(a) Fort Scott.
(b) Kansas City.
(d) Las Vegas.
3. Who did Floyd tell about his time with the Clutters?
4. Where were the knife and shotgun used in the Clutter murders found?
(a) Hickock's house.
(b) Vegas hotel room.
(c) Smith's sister's house.
(d) Smith's father's house.
5. Who volunteered to examine Hickock and Smith?
6. When did Smith leave the rundown hotel in Las Vegas?
(a) November 7.
(b) November 10.
(c) November 14.
(d) November 11.
7. How long did it take the jury to deliberate?
(a) 60 minutes.
(b) 120 minutes.
(c) 40 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
8. What item did Smith ship from Mexico which helped to incriminate him?
9. What name did Smith give to the animal who visited him in his cell?
10. What did the detectives tell both Smith and Hickock existed, regarding the Clutter case?
(a) A living witness.
(b) A photo of them committing the crime.
(c) A cellmate witness.
(d) A DNA match.
11. Why did Smith ask for an aspirin during the interrogation in a Las Vegas jail?
(a) To ease the pain of his legs.
(b) To stop the interrogation.
(c) To stop the pain in his head.
(d) So that he could get a chance to talk to Hickock.
12. What plans did Hickock share with the agents during his interview in the Las Vegas City jail?
(a) To running a race without a finish line.
(b) To buy a boat and take tourists deep-sea diving.
(c) To begin a singing career as Perry O'Parsons.
(d) How he planned the Clutter murder.
13. Where did Smith and Hickock go once they reached Las Vegas?
(c) Post office.
14. What type of examination did Hickock and Smith's lawyers request?
(d) Ability to participate in their defense.
15. What gift did Smith give to Mrs. Meier?
(a) His sketches.
(b) His prized guitar.
(c) His diary.
(d) An old photograph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name the prisoners call the area where the executions occur?
2. What was the only real evidence that Dewey had for the Clutter murders?
3. How many of the jurors were farmers like the Clutters?
4. How much money did Smith and Hickock steal from the Clutters?
5. What did the window of Smith's cell overlook?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)