|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Smith correspond with via letters while awaiting his trial?
2. How did Smith imagine he would commit suicide while in jail?
(a) By slitting wrists with a shiv.
(b) By hanging himself with sheets from the bed.
(c) By slitting his wrists with pieces of a lightbulb.
(d) By hanging himself with belt.
3. What punishment was decreed to Smith and Hickock by the jury?
(b) Life with the possibility of parole.
(c) Death for Hickock but not for Smith.
(d) Life in prison.
4. After Smith and Hickock stole a car in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where did they return?
(a) Las Vegas.
(d) Kansas City.
5. How long had it been since Floyd had seen the Clutters when he read about their murder?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 15 years.
6. What was Smith's favorite dish?
(a) Rice and beans.
(d) Spanish rice.
7. What kind of gun was used to kill the Clutters?
(a) .12-gauge shotgun.
(b) Browning Auto-5.
(c) Model 1100.
8. What gift did Smith give to Mrs. Meier?
(a) His sketches.
(b) His diary.
(c) His prized guitar.
(d) An old photograph.
9. Where were the binoculars and radio belonging to the Clutters found?
(a) A Mexican pawnshop.
(b) A Texan pawnshop.
(c) A Kansas pawnshop.
(d) A Vegas pawnshop.
10. Who work together to interview Hickock in the Las Vegas jail?
(a) Church and Dewey.
(b) Nye and Dewey.
(c) Nye and Church.
(d) Duntz and Church.
11. What type of injury did Hickock's father say was the cause of Hickock's problems with the law?
(b) Football injury.
(c) Car accident.
12. How much money did Hickock tell Smith Mr. Clutter always kept in his safe?
13. Which of the following people was considered the prosecution's most damaging witness?
(a) Nancy Ewalt.
(b) Susan Kidwell.
(c) Alvin Dewey.
(d) Kansas Bureau of Investigation forensic expert.
14. How many people witnessed the executions of Hickock and Smith?
15. What name did Smith give to the animal who visited him in his cell?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who worked together to interview Smith in the Las Vegas jail?
2. What happened to Smith and Hickock in front of the hotel in Las Vegas in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
3. What animal did Smith interact with while in his cell?
4. What did Hickock and Smith use the money collected from turning in empty bottles for?
5. Where were Hickock and Smith moved after their trial and sentence?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)