|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the jurors were farmers like the Clutters?
2. Where did Smith and Hickock go once they reached Las Vegas?
(c) Post office.
3. What animal did Smith interact with while in his cell?
4. What did the detectives tell both Smith and Hickock existed, regarding the Clutter case?
(a) A photo of them committing the crime.
(b) A cellmate witness.
(c) A living witness.
(d) A DNA match.
5. How did Alvin Dewey learn of Hickock and Smith's execution date?
(a) He read about it in the paper.
(b) Smith sent him a letter.
(c) The judge told him.
(d) He was informed by the sheriff.
6. How long did it take the jury to deliberate?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 60 minutes.
(c) 40 minutes.
(d) 120 minutes.
7. What type of weather was occurring as Hickock and Smith were brought back to Garden City?
(a) Snow falling.
(b) Raining hard.
(c) Foggy and drizzling.
(d) Sunny and bright.
8. Where was the safe supposed to have been in the Clutter house?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) In the barn.
(c) In the office.
(d) In the basement.
9. How long before the Clutter murders was Hickock released from prison?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 years.
10. What was the name the prisoners call the area where the executions occur?
(a) The Hole.
(b) The Corner.
(c) The Coffin.
(d) The Cell.
11. How many of the twelve jurors were male?
12. After Smith and Hickock stole a car in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where did they return?
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) Kansas City.
13. How did Floyd know the Clutters?
(a) He is a relative of Mrs. Clutter.
(b) He worked for Mr. Clutter.
(c) He killed the Clutters.
(d) He dated Nancy Clutter.
14. Which of the following was not a question asked of Floyd by his cellmate about the Clutters?
(a) Where did they live?
(b) How was the house laid out?
(c) Was there a safe?
(d) How many head of cattle did they raise?
15. Where did Smith's sister live in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
(a) North of Kansas City.
(b) North of Fort Scott.
(c) North of Las Vegas.
(d) North of San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people witnessed the executions of Hickock and Smith?
2. Who did Wells tell about his story?
3. Who work together to interview Hickock in the Las Vegas jail?
4. Where did Hickock's father say that his son and Smith had gone when they left town?
5. Which Clutter did Smith talk to about their life before they were killed?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)