|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Nancy's old mare that helped to comfort Bobby Rupp?
2. What disorder did Dr. Jones indicate he believes Smith suffered from?
(b) Mental retardation.
(c) Paranoid view of the world.
3. How many of the jurors were farmers like the Clutters?
4. After Smith and Hickock stole a car in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where did they return?
(a) Kansas City.
(d) Las Vegas.
5. What is a shiv?
(a) A weapon like an ice pick.
(b) A weapon like a hammer.
(c) A lockpick.
(d) A toothpick.
6. Who sent a postcard to the warden at the prison where Smith and Hickock were incarcerated after their trial?
(a) Smith's sister.
(b) Hickock's father.
(c) Smith's father.
(d) Don Cullivan.
7. Why did Smith return to the Clutter house after he walked out for a few minutes following the murders?
(a) He wanted some of the money.
(b) Hickock ordered him to return.
(c) He wanted to make the victims more comfortable.
(d) He was curious to know what was going to happen.
8. How many of the twelve jurors were male?
9. What did Hickock say was his and Smith's alibi?
(a) Taking tourists deep-sea diving.
(b) Singing with Perry O'Parsons.
(c) Taking two girls to a motel.
(d) Eating dinner with the hitchhikers.
10. Which of the following is not an activity Mrs. Meier completed?
(a) Judged Smith as guilty.
(b) Engaged Smith in conversations.
(c) Washed and mended prisoners clothes.
(d) Cooked meals for prisoners.
11. What type of statements did Dr. Jones ask Smith and Hickock to write?
(a) Autobiographical statements.
(b) Statements describing the crime.
(c) Statements of guilt.
(d) Statements of innocence.
12. What was the name the prisoners call the area where the executions occur?
(a) The Cell.
(b) The Hole.
(c) The Corner.
(d) The Coffin.
13. How much money did Hickock tell Smith Mr. Clutter always kept in his safe?
14. Who did Smith correspond with via letters while awaiting his trial?
15. Which of the following people was considered the prosecution's most damaging witness?
(a) Alvin Dewey.
(b) Kansas Bureau of Investigation forensic expert.
(c) Susan Kidwell.
(d) Nancy Ewalt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Floyd tell about his time with the Clutters?
2. How were Smith and Hickock executed?
3. in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where was the most recent address Detective Nye had for Smith?
4. Which of the following people did not testify at the trial?
5. Who went on a fast in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)