|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did Smith give to Mrs. Meier?
(a) His diary.
(b) An old photograph.
(c) His prized guitar.
(d) His sketches.
2. When did Smith leave the rundown hotel in Las Vegas?
(a) November 7.
(b) November 14.
(c) November 11.
(d) November 10.
3. How did Alvin Dewey learn of Hickock and Smith's execution date?
(a) The judge told him.
(b) He was informed by the sheriff.
(c) Smith sent him a letter.
(d) He read about it in the paper.
4. What did Hickock say was his and Smith's alibi?
(a) Eating dinner with the hitchhikers.
(b) Singing with Perry O'Parsons.
(c) Taking two girls to a motel.
(d) Taking tourists deep-sea diving.
5. How were Smith and Hickock executed?
(a) Firing squad.
(b) Gas chamber.
(c) Electric chair.
6. What document did Smith sign in jail?
(a) Claim of innocence.
(b) Denying his confession.
(c) Recounting of his confession.
(d) Plea of insanity.
7. What did Hickock and Smith use the money collected from turning in empty bottles for?
(a) More bottles filled with alcohol.
(b) A car.
(c) A big meal.
(d) To mail packages of sentimental items to Las Vegas.
8. Where did the police find the shotgun cartridges, cord and tape that were used in the Clutter murders?
(a) Smith's father's house.
(b) Hickock's house.
(c) In the stolen car they were driving.
(d) Buried along the highway.
9. Where were the binoculars and radio belonging to the Clutters found?
(a) A Texan pawnshop.
(b) A Mexican pawnshop.
(c) A Kansas pawnshop.
(d) A Vegas pawnshop.
10. How did Mrs. Meier feel about Smith?
(a) She felt sorry for him.
(b) She loved him.
(c) She was disgusted by him.
(d) She was scared of him.
11. What name did Smith give to the animal who visited him in his cell?
12. How many of the jurors were farmers like the Clutters?
13. Which of the following individuals is the wife of the undersheriff?
14. Where was the safe supposed to have been in the Clutter house?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) In the barn.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the office.
15. Which of the following did Hickock not tell his interrogators during their interview in the Las Vegas prison?
(a) Writing bad checks.
(d) Murder of the Clutters.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date were Smith and Hickock executed?
2. How did Smith know Don Cullivan?
3. Who work together to interview Hickock in the Las Vegas jail?
4. How long before the Clutter murders was Hickock released from prison?
5. What type of injury did Hickock's father say was the cause of Hickock's problems with the law?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)