|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an activity Mrs. Meier completed?
(a) Washed and mended prisoners clothes.
(b) Judged Smith as guilty.
(c) Engaged Smith in conversations.
(d) Cooked meals for prisoners.
2. Where was the safe supposed to have been in the Clutter house?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the barn.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the office.
3. What kind of gun was used to kill the Clutters?
(a) .12-gauge shotgun.
(b) Model 1100.
(d) Browning Auto-5.
4. Who work together to interview Hickock in the Las Vegas jail?
(a) Church and Dewey.
(b) Nye and Dewey.
(c) Duntz and Church.
(d) Nye and Church.
5. How long after the trail was Smith and Hickock's punishment for their crime set to occur?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six years.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six months.
6. When did Smith leave the rundown hotel in Las Vegas?
(a) November 11.
(b) November 7.
(c) November 14.
(d) November 10.
7. Why did Smith ask for an aspirin during the interrogation in a Las Vegas jail?
(a) To stop the interrogation.
(b) To stop the pain in his head.
(c) So that he could get a chance to talk to Hickock.
(d) To ease the pain of his legs.
8. Which of the following people did not testify at the trial?
(a) Herb Clutter.
(b) Floyd Wells.
(c) Don Cullivan.
(d) Alvin Dewey.
9. What happened to Smith and Hickock in front of the hotel in Las Vegas in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
(a) They bought a big meal.
(b) They gathered empty bottles.
(c) They opened the package they mailed to themselves from Mexico.
(d) They were arrested.
10. What type of examination did Hickock and Smith's lawyers request?
(a) Ability to participate in their defense.
11. How did Floyd Wells hear about the Clutter murders?
(a) He heard it from neighbors gossiping.
(b) He heard it on the television.
(c) He heard it on the radio.
(d) He read about it in the newspaper.
12. Who went on a fast in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
13. How did Smith know Don Cullivan?
(a) They were friends in Mexico.
(b) They were childhood friends.
(c) They were in jail together.
(d) They were in the army together.
14. Where were the binoculars and radio belonging to the Clutters found?
(a) A Mexican pawnshop.
(b) A Vegas pawnshop.
(c) A Texan pawnshop.
(d) A Kansas pawnshop.
15. How were Smith and Hickock executed?
(a) Electric chair.
(b) Firing squad.
(c) Gas chamber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hickock imagine he would live when he escaped from jail?
2. After Smith and Hickock stole a car in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where did they return?
3. Why did Smith return to the Clutter house after he walked out for a few minutes following the murders?
4. How much money did Smith and Hickock steal from the Clutters?
5. Where did the police find the shotgun cartridges, cord and tape that were used in the Clutter murders?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)