|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Floyd tell about his time with the Clutters?
2. What did the detectives tell both Smith and Hickock existed, regarding the Clutter case?
(a) A cellmate witness.
(b) A living witness.
(c) A DNA match.
(d) A photo of them committing the crime.
3. What type of injury did Hickock's father say was the cause of Hickock's problems with the law?
(a) Car accident.
(d) Football injury.
4. What type of weather was occurring as Hickock and Smith were brought back to Garden City?
(a) Raining hard.
(b) Foggy and drizzling.
(c) Snow falling.
(d) Sunny and bright.
5. Where were Hickock and Smith moved after their trial and sentence?
(a) Back to the jail in the courthouse.
(b) Federal prison in Texas.
(c) Kansas State Penitentiary.
(d) Federal Prison in Kansas.
6. How did Floyd know the Clutters?
(a) He is a relative of Mrs. Clutter.
(b) He killed the Clutters.
(c) He dated Nancy Clutter.
(d) He worked for Mr. Clutter.
7. Who worked together to interview Smith in the Las Vegas jail?
(a) Dewey and Duntz.
(b) Church and Duntz.
(c) Nye and Duntz.
(d) Dewey and Nye.
8. What punishment was decreed to Smith and Hickock by the jury?
(a) Death for Hickock but not for Smith.
(b) Life in prison.
(c) Life with the possibility of parole.
9. How did Floyd Wells hear about the Clutter murders?
(a) He heard it from neighbors gossiping.
(b) He heard it on the radio.
(c) He read about it in the newspaper.
(d) He heard it on the television.
10. How much money did Hickock tell Smith Mr. Clutter always kept in his safe?
11. What did the window of Smith's cell overlook?
(a) The police station.
(b) The Clutter house.
(c) Another prisoner's cell.
(d) The town square.
12. Where did Hickock's father say that his son and Smith had gone when they left town?
(a) To visit Smith's brother.
(b) To visit Hickock's sister.
(c) To visit Smith's sister.
(d) To visit Hickock's brother.
13. What disorder did Dr. Jones indicate he believes Smith suffered from?
(b) Paranoid view of the world.
(c) Mental retardation.
14. How were Smith and Hickock executed?
(b) Electric chair.
(c) Gas chamber.
(d) Firing squad.
15. What sound could be heard as Hickock and Smith were escorted into the Garden City county jail?
(a) Murmers of the crowd.
(b) Yells of abuse from the crowd.
(c) Flashbulbs popping.
(d) It was silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Smith's sister live in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
2. Which of the following people was considered the prosecution's most damaging witness?
3. Who supposedly lived in Fort Scott, Kansas?
4. in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where was the most recent address Detective Nye had for Smith?
5. How long did it take the jury to deliberate?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)