|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Part 3 of In Cold Blood, what did Hickock and Smith pick up as they drove to Las Vegas?
(a) Two old men.
(b) Two hitchhikers.
(c) Empty bottles.
(d) An old beloved mare.
2. What did Hickock say was his and Smith's alibi?
(a) Singing with Perry O'Parsons.
(b) Eating dinner with the hitchhikers.
(c) Taking tourists deep-sea diving.
(d) Taking two girls to a motel.
3. What gift did Smith give to Mrs. Meier?
(a) His sketches.
(b) An old photograph.
(c) His diary.
(d) His prized guitar.
4. After Smith and Hickock stole a car in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where did they return?
(a) Las Vegas.
(c) Kansas City.
5. How were Smith and Hickock executed?
(a) Electric chair.
(b) Gas chamber.
(c) Firing squad.
6. Who did Floyd tell about his time with the Clutters?
7. Which of the following was not a question asked of Floyd by his cellmate about the Clutters?
(a) How many head of cattle did they raise?
(b) Was there a safe?
(c) Where did they live?
(d) How was the house laid out?
8. How long did Hickock hang before he was pronounced dead?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 20 seconds.
(d) 10 seconds.
9. What sound could be heard as Hickock and Smith were escorted into the Garden City county jail?
(a) Yells of abuse from the crowd.
(b) It was silent.
(c) Murmers of the crowd.
(d) Flashbulbs popping.
10. How many people witnessed the executions of Hickock and Smith?
11. What type of weather was occurring as Hickock and Smith were brought back to Garden City?
(a) Raining hard.
(b) Snow falling.
(c) Sunny and bright.
(d) Foggy and drizzling.
12. What type of examination did Hickock and Smith's lawyers request?
(a) Ability to participate in their defense.
13. What type of statements did Dr. Jones ask Smith and Hickock to write?
(a) Statements describing the crime.
(b) Autobiographical statements.
(c) Statements of innocence.
(d) Statements of guilt.
14. According to Floyd, who talked of robbing the Clutters?
15. What did Hickock want to do to Nancy before killing her?
(a) Spare her life.
(b) Rape her.
(c) Take her with them on the road.
(d) Marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only one Hickock knew could truly incriminate him?
2. Who visited Hickock in jail?
3. Where were the binoculars and radio belonging to the Clutters found?
4. Which of the following individuals is the wife of the undersheriff?
5. Where was Floyd Wells when he heard about the Clutter murders?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)