|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of statements did Dr. Jones ask Smith and Hickock to write?
(a) Statements of innocence.
(b) Statements of guilt.
(c) Statements describing the crime.
(d) Autobiographical statements.
2. According to Floyd, who talked of robbing the Clutters?
3. Who supposedly lived in Fort Scott, Kansas?
(a) Smith's sister.
(b) Hickock's sister.
(c) Smith's brother.
(d) Hickock's brother.
4. What did Hickock and Smith use the money collected from turning in empty bottles for?
(a) To mail packages of sentimental items to Las Vegas.
(b) More bottles filled with alcohol.
(c) A big meal.
(d) A car.
5. When did Smith leave the rundown hotel in Las Vegas?
(a) November 7.
(b) November 11.
(c) November 14.
(d) November 10.
6. After Smith and Hickock stole a car in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where did they return?
(a) Kansas City.
(c) Las Vegas.
7. What gift did Smith give to Mrs. Meier?
(a) An old photograph.
(b) His sketches.
(c) His prized guitar.
(d) His diary.
8. How long before the Clutter murders was Hickock released from prison?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 months.
9. Which Clutter did Smith talk to about their life before they were killed?
(a) Mr. Clutter.
(d) Mrs. Clutter.
10. Where were the binoculars and radio belonging to the Clutters found?
(a) A Texan pawnshop.
(b) A Mexican pawnshop.
(c) A Kansas pawnshop.
(d) A Vegas pawnshop.
11. On what date were Smith and Hickock executed?
(a) April 15, 1965.
(b) April 15, 1966.
(c) April 14, 1966.
(d) April 14, 1965.
12. What happened to Smith and Hickock in front of the hotel in Las Vegas in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
(a) They were arrested.
(b) They gathered empty bottles.
(c) They bought a big meal.
(d) They opened the package they mailed to themselves from Mexico.
13. What punishment was decreed to Smith and Hickock by the jury?
(a) Death for Hickock but not for Smith.
(b) Life with the possibility of parole.
(c) Life in prison.
14. What disorder did Dr. Jones indicate he believes Smith suffered from?
(b) Paranoid view of the world.
(d) Mental retardation.
15. What type of examination did Hickock and Smith's lawyers request?
(a) Ability to participate in their defense.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where was the most recent address Detective Nye had for Smith?
2. How long after the trail was Smith and Hickock's punishment for their crime set to occur?
3. Who sent a postcard to the warden at the prison where Smith and Hickock were incarcerated after their trial?
4. What document did Smith sign in jail?
5. How did Mrs. Meier feel about Smith?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)