|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of injury did Hickock's father say was the cause of Hickock's problems with the law?
(a) Football injury.
(c) Car accident.
2. What document did Smith sign in jail?
(a) Claim of innocence.
(b) Denying his confession.
(c) Plea of insanity.
(d) Recounting of his confession.
3. How long did it take the jury to deliberate?
(a) 40 minutes.
(b) 120 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 60 minutes.
4. What name did Smith give to the animal who visited him in his cell?
5. What punishment was decreed to Smith and Hickock by the jury?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) Death for Hickock but not for Smith.
(c) Life with the possibility of parole.
6. Why did Smith return to the Clutter house after he walked out for a few minutes following the murders?
(a) He wanted some of the money.
(b) He was curious to know what was going to happen.
(c) Hickock ordered him to return.
(d) He wanted to make the victims more comfortable.
7. Why did Smith ask for an aspirin during the interrogation in a Las Vegas jail?
(a) To stop the pain in his head.
(b) So that he could get a chance to talk to Hickock.
(c) To stop the interrogation.
(d) To ease the pain of his legs.
8. What did Hickock want to do to Nancy before killing her?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Take her with them on the road.
(c) Rape her.
(d) Spare her life.
9. Who went on a fast in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
10. Who work together to interview Hickock in the Las Vegas jail?
(a) Duntz and Church.
(b) Church and Dewey.
(c) Nye and Dewey.
(d) Nye and Church.
11. What is a shiv?
(a) A weapon like a hammer.
(b) A toothpick.
(c) A lockpick.
(d) A weapon like an ice pick.
12. Where did Hickock's father say that his son and Smith had gone when they left town?
(a) To visit Smith's sister.
(b) To visit Hickock's sister.
(c) To visit Smith's brother.
(d) To visit Hickock's brother.
13. What kind of gun was used to kill the Clutters?
(a) .12-gauge shotgun.
(c) Model 1100.
(d) Browning Auto-5.
14. Which of the following people did not testify at the trial?
(a) Herb Clutter.
(b) Floyd Wells.
(c) Alvin Dewey.
(d) Don Cullivan.
15. What did the detectives tell both Smith and Hickock existed, regarding the Clutter case?
(a) A photo of them committing the crime.
(b) A DNA match.
(c) A living witness.
(d) A cellmate witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had it been since Floyd had seen the Clutters when he read about their murder?
2. What did Hickock and Smith use the money collected from turning in empty bottles for?
3. How did Alvin Dewey learn of Hickock and Smith's execution date?
4. What was Smith's favorite dish?
5. Who supposedly lived in Fort Scott, Kansas?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)