|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a shiv?
(a) A toothpick.
(b) A weapon like a hammer.
(c) A lockpick.
(d) A weapon like an ice pick.
2. What did Hickock say was his and Smith's alibi?
(a) Eating dinner with the hitchhikers.
(b) Singing with Perry O'Parsons.
(c) Taking tourists deep-sea diving.
(d) Taking two girls to a motel.
3. How did Floyd Wells hear about the Clutter murders?
(a) He read about it in the newspaper.
(b) He heard it on the radio.
(c) He heard it on the television.
(d) He heard it from neighbors gossiping.
4. On what date were Smith and Hickock executed?
(a) April 14, 1965.
(b) April 14, 1966.
(c) April 15, 1966.
(d) April 15, 1965.
5. What document did Smith sign in jail?
(a) Denying his confession.
(b) Plea of insanity.
(c) Claim of innocence.
(d) Recounting of his confession.
6. How many of the twelve jurors were male?
7. How many years passed before Hickock and Smith were executed?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 years.
8. Where was Floyd Wells when he heard about the Clutter murders?
(a) In his jail cell in the Kansas State Penitentiary.
(b) On the River Valley Farm.
(c) At the post office in Olathe.
(d) In his jail cell in the Texas State Penitentiary.
9. Who went on a fast in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
10. Where were Hickock and Smith moved after their trial and sentence?
(a) Kansas State Penitentiary.
(b) Federal Prison in Kansas.
(c) Federal prison in Texas.
(d) Back to the jail in the courthouse.
11. Who was the only one Hickock knew could truly incriminate him?
12. Who did Wells tell about his story?
13. According to Part 3 of In Cold Blood, what did Hickock and Smith pick up as they drove to Las Vegas?
(a) Two old men.
(b) Empty bottles.
(c) An old beloved mare.
(d) Two hitchhikers.
14. Where did the police find the shotgun cartridges, cord and tape that were used in the Clutter murders?
(a) Smith's father's house.
(b) In the stolen car they were driving.
(c) Buried along the highway.
(d) Hickock's house.
15. How did Smith imagine he would commit suicide while in jail?
(a) By slitting his wrists with pieces of a lightbulb.
(b) By hanging himself with sheets from the bed.
(c) By slitting wrists with a shiv.
(d) By hanging himself with belt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Smith ask for an aspirin during the interrogation in a Las Vegas jail?
2. How did Mrs. Meier feel about Smith?
3. in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where was the most recent address Detective Nye had for Smith?
4. Who supposedly lived in Fort Scott, Kansas?
5. What was the name the prisoners call the area where the executions occur?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)