|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the twelve jurors were male?
2. What did Hickock say was his and Smith's alibi?
(a) Taking tourists deep-sea diving.
(b) Eating dinner with the hitchhikers.
(c) Taking two girls to a motel.
(d) Singing with Perry O'Parsons.
3. Who did Wells tell about his story?
4. What type of statements did Dr. Jones ask Smith and Hickock to write?
(a) Autobiographical statements.
(b) Statements describing the crime.
(c) Statements of guilt.
(d) Statements of innocence.
5. How did Floyd Wells hear about the Clutter murders?
(a) He read about it in the newspaper.
(b) He heard it on the television.
(c) He heard it from neighbors gossiping.
(d) He heard it on the radio.
6. Who work together to interview Hickock in the Las Vegas jail?
(a) Nye and Dewey.
(b) Church and Dewey.
(c) Nye and Church.
(d) Duntz and Church.
7. How did Smith imagine he would commit suicide while in jail?
(a) By slitting his wrists with pieces of a lightbulb.
(b) By hanging himself with sheets from the bed.
(c) By hanging himself with belt.
(d) By slitting wrists with a shiv.
8. How did Smith react to the news of his punishment by the jury?
(a) He cried like a baby.
(b) He threw a tantrum.
(c) he attempted to escape.
(d) He attempted suicide.
9. How many years passed before Hickock and Smith were executed?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 1 year.
10. Which of the following individuals is the wife of the undersheriff?
11. What did Hickock and Smith use the money collected from turning in empty bottles for?
(a) More bottles filled with alcohol.
(b) A big meal.
(c) To mail packages of sentimental items to Las Vegas.
(d) A car.
12. What kind of gun was used to kill the Clutters?
(a) Model 1100.
(c) .12-gauge shotgun.
(d) Browning Auto-5.
13. After Smith and Hickock stole a car in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where did they return?
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) Kansas City.
14. Who did Smith correspond with via letters while awaiting his trial?
15. What animal did Smith interact with while in his cell?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of weather was occurring as Hickock and Smith were brought back to Garden City?
2. Why did Smith return to the Clutter house after he walked out for a few minutes following the murders?
3. On what date were Smith and Hickock executed?
4. Where were the knife and shotgun used in the Clutter murders found?
5. What gift did Smith give to Mrs. Meier?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)