|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Floyd Wells when he heard about the Clutter murders?
(a) At the post office in Olathe.
(b) On the River Valley Farm.
(c) In his jail cell in the Kansas State Penitentiary.
(d) In his jail cell in the Texas State Penitentiary.
2. How did Floyd Wells hear about the Clutter murders?
(a) He heard it from neighbors gossiping.
(b) He heard it on the radio.
(c) He read about it in the newspaper.
(d) He heard it on the television.
3. Which of the following is not an activity Mrs. Meier completed?
(a) Engaged Smith in conversations.
(b) Washed and mended prisoners clothes.
(c) Cooked meals for prisoners.
(d) Judged Smith as guilty.
4. Where did Smith's sister live in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
(a) North of San Francisco.
(b) North of Fort Scott.
(c) North of Las Vegas.
(d) North of Kansas City.
5. Who of the following were not spectators at the trial?
(b) Hickock's parents.
(d) Herb Clutter.
6. How much money did Hickock tell Smith Mr. Clutter always kept in his safe?
7. What was the only real evidence that Dewey had for the Clutter murders?
(a) A witness in Floyd Wells.
(b) Two sets of boot prints.
(c) Two sets of fingerprints.
(d) The .12-gauge shotgun.
8. According to Floyd, who talked of robbing the Clutters?
9. What did Hickock want to do to Nancy before killing her?
(a) Rape her.
(b) Spare her life.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Take her with them on the road.
10. How long before the Clutter murders was Hickock released from prison?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 3 months.
11. Where was the safe supposed to have been in the Clutter house?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) In the barn.
(c) In the office.
(d) In the basement.
12. How did Smith know Don Cullivan?
(a) They were friends in Mexico.
(b) They were in the army together.
(c) They were in jail together.
(d) They were childhood friends.
13. Who did Floyd tell about his time with the Clutters?
14. What sound could be heard as Hickock and Smith were escorted into the Garden City county jail?
(a) Flashbulbs popping.
(b) Yells of abuse from the crowd.
(c) It was silent.
(d) Murmers of the crowd.
15. in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where was the most recent address Detective Nye had for Smith?
(b) Fort Scott.
(c) Kansas City.
(d) Las Vegas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Wells tell about his story?
2. What animal did Smith interact with while in his cell?
3. What is a shiv?
4. Which of the following was not a question asked of Floyd by his cellmate about the Clutters?
5. How did Floyd know the Clutters?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)