|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Smith correspond with via letters while awaiting his trial?
2. Where were the binoculars and radio belonging to the Clutters found?
(a) A Texan pawnshop.
(b) A Kansas pawnshop.
(c) A Mexican pawnshop.
(d) A Vegas pawnshop.
3. Why did Smith return to the Clutter house after he walked out for a few minutes following the murders?
(a) Hickock ordered him to return.
(b) He wanted some of the money.
(c) He wanted to make the victims more comfortable.
(d) He was curious to know what was going to happen.
4. How did Alvin Dewey learn of Hickock and Smith's execution date?
(a) He read about it in the paper.
(b) The judge told him.
(c) Smith sent him a letter.
(d) He was informed by the sheriff.
5. What plans did Hickock share with the agents during his interview in the Las Vegas City jail?
(a) How he planned the Clutter murder.
(b) To begin a singing career as Perry O'Parsons.
(c) To running a race without a finish line.
(d) To buy a boat and take tourists deep-sea diving.
6. How long did Hickock hang before he was pronounced dead?
(a) 20 seconds.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 10 seconds.
7. What punishment was decreed to Smith and Hickock by the jury?
(a) Death for Hickock but not for Smith.
(b) Life with the possibility of parole.
(c) Life in prison.
8. What did Hickock say was his and Smith's alibi?
(a) Singing with Perry O'Parsons.
(b) Eating dinner with the hitchhikers.
(c) Taking two girls to a motel.
(d) Taking tourists deep-sea diving.
9. Who interviewed Hickock's parents?
10. How did Floyd Wells hear about the Clutter murders?
(a) He read about it in the newspaper.
(b) He heard it from neighbors gossiping.
(c) He heard it on the television.
(d) He heard it on the radio.
11. When did Smith leave the rundown hotel in Las Vegas?
(a) November 11.
(b) November 7.
(c) November 14.
(d) November 10.
12. Which of the following individuals is the wife of the undersheriff?
13. Who supposedly lived in Fort Scott, Kansas?
(a) Smith's brother.
(b) Smith's sister.
(c) Hickock's brother.
(d) Hickock's sister.
14. Who did Floyd tell about his time with the Clutters?
15. On what date were Smith and Hickock executed?
(a) April 14, 1965.
(b) April 14, 1966.
(c) April 15, 1965.
(d) April 15, 1966.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only one Hickock knew could truly incriminate him?
2. Which of the following people did not testify at the trial?
3. Where were the knife and shotgun used in the Clutter murders found?
4. How did Smith know Don Cullivan?
5. Where did Hickock's father say that his son and Smith had gone when they left town?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)