|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Smith react to the news of his punishment by the jury?
(a) He attempted suicide.
(b) he attempted to escape.
(c) He cried like a baby.
(d) He threw a tantrum.
2. What was the only real evidence that Dewey had for the Clutter murders?
(a) Two sets of boot prints.
(b) Two sets of fingerprints.
(c) A witness in Floyd Wells.
(d) The .12-gauge shotgun.
3. What was the name of Nancy's old mare that helped to comfort Bobby Rupp?
4. What type of weather was occurring as Hickock and Smith were brought back to Garden City?
(a) Raining hard.
(b) Snow falling.
(c) Sunny and bright.
(d) Foggy and drizzling.
5. Where were the binoculars and radio belonging to the Clutters found?
(a) A Vegas pawnshop.
(b) A Kansas pawnshop.
(c) A Mexican pawnshop.
(d) A Texan pawnshop.
6. How many of the twelve jurors were male?
7. What did the window of Smith's cell overlook?
(a) The town square.
(b) The police station.
(c) The Clutter house.
(d) Another prisoner's cell.
8. How much money did Hickock tell Smith Mr. Clutter always kept in his safe?
9. Who visited Hickock in jail?
(a) His parents.
(d) No one.
10. Which of the following did Hickock not tell his interrogators during their interview in the Las Vegas prison?
(b) Writing bad checks.
(c) Murder of the Clutters.
11. What did Hickock and Smith use the money collected from turning in empty bottles for?
(a) A big meal.
(b) More bottles filled with alcohol.
(c) To mail packages of sentimental items to Las Vegas.
(d) A car.
12. What document did Smith sign in jail?
(a) Claim of innocence.
(b) Denying his confession.
(c) Plea of insanity.
(d) Recounting of his confession.
13. Where did the police find the shotgun cartridges, cord and tape that were used in the Clutter murders?
(a) Buried along the highway.
(b) In the stolen car they were driving.
(c) Smith's father's house.
(d) Hickock's house.
14. What type of statements did Dr. Jones ask Smith and Hickock to write?
(a) Statements of guilt.
(b) Statements of innocence.
(c) Statements describing the crime.
(d) Autobiographical statements.
15. Which of the following was not a question asked of Floyd by his cellmate about the Clutters?
(a) Was there a safe?
(b) How many head of cattle did they raise?
(c) Where did they live?
(d) How was the house laid out?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Wells tell about his story?
2. On what date were Smith and Hickock executed?
3. How many people witnessed the executions of Hickock and Smith?
4. Which Clutter did Smith talk to about their life before they were killed?
5. Where did Hickock's father say that his son and Smith had gone when they left town?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)