|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name the prisoners call the area where the executions occur?
(a) The Hole.
(b) The Corner.
(c) The Coffin.
(d) The Cell.
2. What did the window of Smith's cell overlook?
(a) The Clutter house.
(b) The town square.
(c) Another prisoner's cell.
(d) The police station.
3. Who work together to interview Hickock in the Las Vegas jail?
(a) Nye and Church.
(b) Church and Dewey.
(c) Duntz and Church.
(d) Nye and Dewey.
4. How many people witnessed the executions of Hickock and Smith?
5. How long after the trail was Smith and Hickock's punishment for their crime set to occur?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six days.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six years.
6. Which of the following was not a question asked of Floyd by his cellmate about the Clutters?
(a) How many head of cattle did they raise?
(b) Was there a safe?
(c) How was the house laid out?
(d) Where did they live?
7. What type of weather was occurring as Hickock and Smith were brought back to Garden City?
(a) Raining hard.
(b) Foggy and drizzling.
(c) Sunny and bright.
(d) Snow falling.
8. How long had it been since Floyd had seen the Clutters when he read about their murder?
(a) 11 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 15 years.
9. Where did the police find the shotgun cartridges, cord and tape that were used in the Clutter murders?
(a) Smith's father's house.
(b) Hickock's house.
(c) Buried along the highway.
(d) In the stolen car they were driving.
10. How did Smith know Don Cullivan?
(a) They were in jail together.
(b) They were in the army together.
(c) They were friends in Mexico.
(d) They were childhood friends.
11. What type of injury did Hickock's father say was the cause of Hickock's problems with the law?
(a) Car accident.
(d) Football injury.
12. Who of the following were not spectators at the trial?
(b) Herb Clutter.
(c) Hickock's parents.
13. How did Alvin Dewey learn of Hickock and Smith's execution date?
(a) He was informed by the sheriff.
(b) The judge told him.
(c) Smith sent him a letter.
(d) He read about it in the paper.
14. What gift did Smith give to Mrs. Meier?
(a) His sketches.
(b) An old photograph.
(c) His diary.
(d) His prized guitar.
15. What punishment was decreed to Smith and Hickock by the jury?
(a) Life with the possibility of parole.
(b) Life in prison.
(c) Death for Hickock but not for Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hickock's father say that his son and Smith had gone when they left town?
2. What happened to Smith and Hickock in front of the hotel in Las Vegas in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
3. How much money did Smith and Hickock steal from the Clutters?
4. Who sent a postcard to the warden at the prison where Smith and Hickock were incarcerated after their trial?
5. Who visited Hickock in jail?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)