|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Hickock not tell his interrogators during their interview in the Las Vegas prison?
(c) Murder of the Clutters.
(d) Writing bad checks.
2. Who did Wells tell about his story?
3. What gift did Smith give to Mrs. Meier?
(a) An old photograph.
(b) His prized guitar.
(c) His sketches.
(d) His diary.
4. What disorder did Dr. Jones indicate he believes Smith suffered from?
(a) Paranoid view of the world.
(d) Mental retardation.
5. What is a shiv?
(a) A lockpick.
(b) A weapon like a hammer.
(c) A toothpick.
(d) A weapon like an ice pick.
6. Who did Floyd tell about his time with the Clutters?
7. What type of injury did Hickock's father say was the cause of Hickock's problems with the law?
(a) Football injury.
(b) Car accident.
8. What name did Smith give to the animal who visited him in his cell?
9. Who worked together to interview Smith in the Las Vegas jail?
(a) Nye and Duntz.
(b) Dewey and Duntz.
(c) Church and Duntz.
(d) Dewey and Nye.
10. Who was the only one Hickock knew could truly incriminate him?
11. Where did Hickock's father say that his son and Smith had gone when they left town?
(a) To visit Hickock's sister.
(b) To visit Smith's sister.
(c) To visit Hickock's brother.
(d) To visit Smith's brother.
12. What was the name of Nancy's old mare that helped to comfort Bobby Rupp?
13. How many people witnessed the executions of Hickock and Smith?
14. Where was the safe supposed to have been in the Clutter house?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) In the office.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In the basement.
15. Which of the following individuals is the wife of the undersheriff?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before the Clutter murders was Hickock released from prison?
2. On what date were Smith and Hickock executed?
3. How did Smith react to the news of his punishment by the jury?
4. What did the window of Smith's cell overlook?
5. How long did Hickock hang before he was pronounced dead?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)