|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Floyd Wells when he heard about the Clutter murders?
(a) In his jail cell in the Kansas State Penitentiary.
(b) At the post office in Olathe.
(c) On the River Valley Farm.
(d) In his jail cell in the Texas State Penitentiary.
2. What is a shiv?
(a) A lockpick.
(b) A weapon like an ice pick.
(c) A weapon like a hammer.
(d) A toothpick.
3. Where did Smith's sister live in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
(a) North of Kansas City.
(b) North of Las Vegas.
(c) North of San Francisco.
(d) North of Fort Scott.
4. How long had it been since Floyd had seen the Clutters when he read about their murder?
(a) 11 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 12 years.
5. How did Alvin Dewey learn of Hickock and Smith's execution date?
(a) He was informed by the sheriff.
(b) He read about it in the paper.
(c) Smith sent him a letter.
(d) The judge told him.
6. When did Smith leave the rundown hotel in Las Vegas?
(a) November 10.
(b) November 14.
(c) November 7.
(d) November 11.
7. According to Part 3 of In Cold Blood, what did Hickock and Smith pick up as they drove to Las Vegas?
(a) An old beloved mare.
(b) Empty bottles.
(c) Two old men.
(d) Two hitchhikers.
8. How long after the trail was Smith and Hickock's punishment for their crime set to occur?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six years.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six days.
9. Who work together to interview Hickock in the Las Vegas jail?
(a) Nye and Dewey.
(b) Duntz and Church.
(c) Nye and Church.
(d) Church and Dewey.
10. How did Floyd Wells hear about the Clutter murders?
(a) He heard it on the radio.
(b) He heard it on the television.
(c) He heard it from neighbors gossiping.
(d) He read about it in the newspaper.
11. How many people witnessed the executions of Hickock and Smith?
12. How did Floyd know the Clutters?
(a) He killed the Clutters.
(b) He dated Nancy Clutter.
(c) He worked for Mr. Clutter.
(d) He is a relative of Mrs. Clutter.
13. Which of the following was not a question asked of Floyd by his cellmate about the Clutters?
(a) Was there a safe?
(b) Where did they live?
(c) How many head of cattle did they raise?
(d) How was the house laid out?
14. After Smith and Hickock stole a car in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where did they return?
(c) Kansas City.
(d) Las Vegas.
15. How were Smith and Hickock executed?
(b) Firing squad.
(c) Gas chamber.
(d) Electric chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the detectives tell both Smith and Hickock existed, regarding the Clutter case?
2. Where was the safe supposed to have been in the Clutter house?
3. How much money did Smith and Hickock steal from the Clutters?
4. What name did Smith give to the animal who visited him in his cell?
5. Which of the following people did not testify at the trial?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)