|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of statements did Dr. Jones ask Smith and Hickock to write?
(a) Statements of innocence.
(b) Autobiographical statements.
(c) Statements describing the crime.
(d) Statements of guilt.
2. What did the window of Smith's cell overlook?
(a) The town square.
(b) The Clutter house.
(c) The police station.
(d) Another prisoner's cell.
3. Where did the police find the shotgun cartridges, cord and tape that were used in the Clutter murders?
(a) In the stolen car they were driving.
(b) Buried along the highway.
(c) Hickock's house.
(d) Smith's father's house.
4. What did Hickock and Smith use the money collected from turning in empty bottles for?
(a) To mail packages of sentimental items to Las Vegas.
(b) A car.
(c) More bottles filled with alcohol.
(d) A big meal.
5. Where was the safe supposed to have been in the Clutter house?
(a) In the office.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In the bedroom.
6. What disorder did Dr. Jones indicate he believes Smith suffered from?
(a) Paranoid view of the world.
(b) Mental retardation.
7. What did detective Nye show Hickock on the second day of the interrogation?
(a) A photo of the footprints at the scene.
(b) A photo of the murders.
(c) A photo of he and Smith at the Clutter's house.
(d) A photo of Floyd Wells.
8. in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where was the most recent address Detective Nye had for Smith?
(a) Kansas City.
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) Fort Scott.
9. Who worked together to interview Smith in the Las Vegas jail?
(a) Nye and Duntz.
(b) Dewey and Duntz.
(c) Dewey and Nye.
(d) Church and Duntz.
10. Where did Hickock imagine he would live when he escaped from jail?
11. Where were the knife and shotgun used in the Clutter murders found?
(a) Smith's father's house.
(b) Hickock's house.
(c) Smith's sister's house.
(d) Vegas hotel room.
12. How long did Hickock hang before he was pronounced dead?
(a) 20 seconds.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 10 seconds.
(d) 20 minutes.
13. Which Clutter did Smith talk to about their life before they were killed?
(c) Mr. Clutter.
(d) Mrs. Clutter.
14. Who supposedly lived in Fort Scott, Kansas?
(a) Hickock's sister.
(b) Smith's brother.
(c) Hickock's brother.
(d) Smith's sister.
15. What was Smith's favorite dish?
(a) Spanish rice.
(b) Rice and beans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people witnessed the executions of Hickock and Smith?
2. How long did it take the jury to deliberate?
3. Who sent a postcard to the warden at the prison where Smith and Hickock were incarcerated after their trial?
4. What happened to Smith and Hickock in front of the hotel in Las Vegas in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
5. What plans did Hickock share with the agents during his interview in the Las Vegas City jail?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)