|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the twelve jurors were male?
2. Who visited Hickock in jail?
(a) His parents.
(b) No one.
3. Where were the knife and shotgun used in the Clutter murders found?
(a) Hickock's house.
(b) Smith's sister's house.
(c) Vegas hotel room.
(d) Smith's father's house.
4. When did Smith leave the rundown hotel in Las Vegas?
(a) November 7.
(b) November 11.
(c) November 14.
(d) November 10.
5. in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where was the most recent address Detective Nye had for Smith?
(a) Fort Scott.
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) Kansas City.
6. What did detective Nye show Hickock on the second day of the interrogation?
(a) A photo of the murders.
(b) A photo of the footprints at the scene.
(c) A photo of he and Smith at the Clutter's house.
(d) A photo of Floyd Wells.
7. Which of the following is not an activity Mrs. Meier completed?
(a) Judged Smith as guilty.
(b) Cooked meals for prisoners.
(c) Engaged Smith in conversations.
(d) Washed and mended prisoners clothes.
8. How did Floyd know the Clutters?
(a) He killed the Clutters.
(b) He dated Nancy Clutter.
(c) He is a relative of Mrs. Clutter.
(d) He worked for Mr. Clutter.
9. What was the only real evidence that Dewey had for the Clutter murders?
(a) The .12-gauge shotgun.
(b) A witness in Floyd Wells.
(c) Two sets of fingerprints.
(d) Two sets of boot prints.
10. How long had it been since Floyd had seen the Clutters when he read about their murder?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 15 years.
11. After Smith and Hickock stole a car in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where did they return?
(b) Kansas City.
(d) Las Vegas.
12. Which of the following was not a question asked of Floyd by his cellmate about the Clutters?
(a) Was there a safe?
(b) How many head of cattle did they raise?
(c) How was the house laid out?
(d) Where did they live?
13. What punishment was decreed to Smith and Hickock by the jury?
(a) Life in prison.
(c) Life with the possibility of parole.
(d) Death for Hickock but not for Smith.
14. What was Smith's favorite dish?
(a) Spanish rice.
(c) Rice and beans.
15. How many of the jurors were farmers like the Clutters?
Short Answer Questions
1. What document did Smith sign in jail?
2. What type of weather was occurring as Hickock and Smith were brought back to Garden City?
3. What plans did Hickock share with the agents during his interview in the Las Vegas City jail?
4. On what date were Smith and Hickock executed?
5. Who worked together to interview Smith in the Las Vegas jail?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)