|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Floyd, who talked of robbing the Clutters?
2. What did Hickock say was his and Smith's alibi?
(a) Taking tourists deep-sea diving.
(b) Taking two girls to a motel.
(c) Eating dinner with the hitchhikers.
(d) Singing with Perry O'Parsons.
3. Which of the following individuals is the wife of the undersheriff?
4. What punishment was decreed to Smith and Hickock by the jury?
(a) Death for Hickock but not for Smith.
(c) Life with the possibility of parole.
(d) Life in prison.
5. Who volunteered to examine Hickock and Smith?
6. What sound could be heard as Hickock and Smith were escorted into the Garden City county jail?
(a) Flashbulbs popping.
(b) Yells of abuse from the crowd.
(c) Murmers of the crowd.
(d) It was silent.
7. Where did the police find the shotgun cartridges, cord and tape that were used in the Clutter murders?
(a) Smith's father's house.
(b) Hickock's house.
(c) In the stolen car they were driving.
(d) Buried along the highway.
8. How long did it take the jury to deliberate?
(a) 40 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 60 minutes.
(d) 120 minutes.
9. Who of the following were not spectators at the trial?
(a) Hickock's parents.
(c) Herb Clutter.
10. What type of weather was occurring as Hickock and Smith were brought back to Garden City?
(a) Snow falling.
(b) Foggy and drizzling.
(c) Sunny and bright.
(d) Raining hard.
11. How did Mrs. Meier feel about Smith?
(a) She felt sorry for him.
(b) She loved him.
(c) She was disgusted by him.
(d) She was scared of him.
12. What document did Smith sign in jail?
(a) Recounting of his confession.
(b) Denying his confession.
(c) Claim of innocence.
(d) Plea of insanity.
13. Who sent a postcard to the warden at the prison where Smith and Hickock were incarcerated after their trial?
(a) Smith's sister.
(b) Hickock's father.
(c) Don Cullivan.
(d) Smith's father.
14. What happened to Smith and Hickock in front of the hotel in Las Vegas in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
(a) They bought a big meal.
(b) They opened the package they mailed to themselves from Mexico.
(c) They were arrested.
(d) They gathered empty bottles.
15. What name did Smith give to the animal who visited him in his cell?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Smith leave the rundown hotel in Las Vegas?
2. Where was the safe supposed to have been in the Clutter house?
3. Who did Floyd tell about his time with the Clutters?
4. How much money did Hickock tell Smith Mr. Clutter always kept in his safe?
5. Why did Smith return to the Clutter house after he walked out for a few minutes following the murders?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)