|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Smith's favorite dish?
(b) Rice and beans.
(d) Spanish rice.
2. What type of injury did Hickock's father say was the cause of Hickock's problems with the law?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Football injury.
3. Which of the following is not an activity Mrs. Meier completed?
(a) Washed and mended prisoners clothes.
(b) Cooked meals for prisoners.
(c) Engaged Smith in conversations.
(d) Judged Smith as guilty.
4. According to Part 3 of In Cold Blood, what did Hickock and Smith pick up as they drove to Las Vegas?
(a) Empty bottles.
(b) Two hitchhikers.
(c) Two old men.
(d) An old beloved mare.
5. Where was the safe supposed to have been in the Clutter house?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the office.
(d) In the barn.
6. Who supposedly lived in Fort Scott, Kansas?
(a) Hickock's brother.
(b) Smith's sister.
(c) Hickock's sister.
(d) Smith's brother.
7. Who went on a fast in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
8. Who was the only one Hickock knew could truly incriminate him?
9. Which of the following did Hickock not tell his interrogators during their interview in the Las Vegas prison?
(a) Murder of the Clutters.
(d) Writing bad checks.
10. Where did Hickock imagine he would live when he escaped from jail?
11. Who sent a postcard to the warden at the prison where Smith and Hickock were incarcerated after their trial?
(a) Don Cullivan.
(b) Hickock's father.
(c) Smith's sister.
(d) Smith's father.
12. How many of the jurors were farmers like the Clutters?
13. Which of the following was not a question asked of Floyd by his cellmate about the Clutters?
(a) How was the house laid out?
(b) Was there a safe?
(c) Where did they live?
(d) How many head of cattle did they raise?
14. What did Hickock and Smith use the money collected from turning in empty bottles for?
(a) More bottles filled with alcohol.
(b) A car.
(c) A big meal.
(d) To mail packages of sentimental items to Las Vegas.
15. According to Floyd, who talked of robbing the Clutters?
Short Answer Questions
1. What plans did Hickock share with the agents during his interview in the Las Vegas City jail?
2. What gift did Smith give to Mrs. Meier?
3. What type of examination did Hickock and Smith's lawyers request?
4. Where were the knife and shotgun used in the Clutter murders found?
5. What is a shiv?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)