|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hickock say was his and Smith's alibi?
(a) Taking tourists deep-sea diving.
(b) Taking two girls to a motel.
(c) Singing with Perry O'Parsons.
(d) Eating dinner with the hitchhikers.
2. What punishment was decreed to Smith and Hickock by the jury?
(b) Death for Hickock but not for Smith.
(c) Life with the possibility of parole.
(d) Life in prison.
3. What type of weather was occurring as Hickock and Smith were brought back to Garden City?
(a) Raining hard.
(b) Foggy and drizzling.
(c) Snow falling.
(d) Sunny and bright.
4. What was the name the prisoners call the area where the executions occur?
(a) The Hole.
(b) The Cell.
(c) The Coffin.
(d) The Corner.
5. Where did the police find the shotgun cartridges, cord and tape that were used in the Clutter murders?
(a) Hickock's house.
(b) Smith's father's house.
(c) In the stolen car they were driving.
(d) Buried along the highway.
6. What name did Smith give to the animal who visited him in his cell?
7. After Smith and Hickock stole a car in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where did they return?
(a) Kansas City.
(d) Las Vegas.
8. How were Smith and Hickock executed?
(b) Gas chamber.
(c) Electric chair.
(d) Firing squad.
9. What did detective Nye show Hickock on the second day of the interrogation?
(a) A photo of he and Smith at the Clutter's house.
(b) A photo of the murders.
(c) A photo of the footprints at the scene.
(d) A photo of Floyd Wells.
10. Where was the safe supposed to have been in the Clutter house?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) In the barn.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the office.
11. How many of the jurors were farmers like the Clutters?
12. How long had it been since Floyd had seen the Clutters when he read about their murder?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 15 years.
13. How long before the Clutter murders was Hickock released from prison?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 years.
14. Who volunteered to examine Hickock and Smith?
15. What did Hickock and Smith use the money collected from turning in empty bottles for?
(a) More bottles filled with alcohol.
(b) A big meal.
(c) A car.
(d) To mail packages of sentimental items to Las Vegas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did Smith interact with while in his cell?
2. Who worked together to interview Smith in the Las Vegas jail?
3. What was the first fact that the detectives questioned in Smith's story?
4. Where did Smith's sister live in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
5. According to Part 3 of In Cold Blood, what did Hickock and Smith pick up as they drove to Las Vegas?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)