|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who worked together to interview Smith in the Las Vegas jail?
(a) Dewey and Nye.
(b) Nye and Duntz.
(c) Church and Duntz.
(d) Dewey and Duntz.
2. Which of the following was not a question asked of Floyd by his cellmate about the Clutters?
(a) Where did they live?
(b) How many head of cattle did they raise?
(c) Was there a safe?
(d) How was the house laid out?
3. According to Part 3 of In Cold Blood, what did Hickock and Smith pick up as they drove to Las Vegas?
(a) Empty bottles.
(b) Two old men.
(c) Two hitchhikers.
(d) An old beloved mare.
4. Where did Hickock's father say that his son and Smith had gone when they left town?
(a) To visit Hickock's brother.
(b) To visit Smith's brother.
(c) To visit Smith's sister.
(d) To visit Hickock's sister.
5. Who sent a postcard to the warden at the prison where Smith and Hickock were incarcerated after their trial?
(a) Smith's father.
(b) Don Cullivan.
(c) Smith's sister.
(d) Hickock's father.
6. How much money did Hickock tell Smith Mr. Clutter always kept in his safe?
7. Who visited Hickock in jail?
(c) His parents.
(d) No one.
8. Where were Hickock and Smith moved after their trial and sentence?
(a) Federal prison in Texas.
(b) Back to the jail in the courthouse.
(c) Kansas State Penitentiary.
(d) Federal Prison in Kansas.
9. How many of the jurors were farmers like the Clutters?
10. What item did Smith ship from Mexico which helped to incriminate him?
11. Which of the following is not an activity Mrs. Meier completed?
(a) Engaged Smith in conversations.
(b) Cooked meals for prisoners.
(c) Washed and mended prisoners clothes.
(d) Judged Smith as guilty.
12. How many years passed before Hickock and Smith were executed?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
13. How much money did Smith and Hickock steal from the Clutters?
(a) Between $20-$40.
(b) Between $40-$50.
(c) Between $50-$60.
(d) Between $100-$200.
14. Who went on a fast in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
15. Where did Smith and Hickock go once they reached Las Vegas?
(c) Post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hickock want to do to Nancy before killing her?
2. What disorder did Dr. Jones indicate he believes Smith suffered from?
3. How many people witnessed the executions of Hickock and Smith?
4. After Smith and Hickock stole a car in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where did they return?
5. Which of the following people did not testify at the trial?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)