Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who supposedly lived in Fort Scott, Kansas?
(a) Hickock's brother.
(b) Smith's sister.
(c) Hickock's sister.
(d) Smith's brother.
2. Where did Hickock imagine he would live when he escaped from jail?
3. Which of the following individuals is the wife of the undersheriff?
4. What punishment was decreed to Smith and Hickock by the jury?
(a) Life with the possibility of parole.
(c) Death for Hickock but not for Smith.
(d) Life in prison.
5. Which of the following did Hickock not tell his interrogators during their interview in the Las Vegas prison?
(b) Writing bad checks.
(c) Murder of the Clutters.
6. How many people witnessed the executions of Hickock and Smith?
7. What animal did Smith interact with while in his cell?
8. How long before the Clutter murders was Hickock released from prison?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 years.
9. What disorder did Dr. Jones indicate he believes Smith suffered from?
(c) Paranoid view of the world.
(d) Mental retardation.
10. Which Clutter did Smith talk to about their life before they were killed?
(a) Mrs. Clutter.
(d) Mr. Clutter.
11. How much money did Hickock tell Smith Mr. Clutter always kept in his safe?
12. Why did Smith return to the Clutter house after he walked out for a few minutes following the murders?
(a) He was curious to know what was going to happen.
(b) He wanted to make the victims more comfortable.
(c) Hickock ordered him to return.
(d) He wanted some of the money.
13. What type of weather was occurring as Hickock and Smith were brought back to Garden City?
(a) Foggy and drizzling.
(b) Snow falling.
(c) Sunny and bright.
(d) Raining hard.
14. What sound could be heard as Hickock and Smith were escorted into the Garden City county jail?
(a) It was silent.
(b) Yells of abuse from the crowd.
(c) Flashbulbs popping.
(d) Murmers of the crowd.
15. How long after the trail was Smith and Hickock's punishment for their crime set to occur?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six years.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did Smith ship from Mexico which helped to incriminate him?
2. What kind of gun was used to kill the Clutters?
3. in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where was the most recent address Detective Nye had for Smith?
4. What did Hickock want to do to Nancy before killing her?
5. How long did Hickock hang before he was pronounced dead?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)