|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people was considered the prosecution's most damaging witness?
(a) Susan Kidwell.
(b) Kansas Bureau of Investigation forensic expert.
(c) Alvin Dewey.
(d) Nancy Ewalt.
2. How many people witnessed the executions of Hickock and Smith?
3. What was the first fact that the detectives questioned in Smith's story?
(a) That he tied them up with rope.
(b) The boots he shipped back from Mexico.
(c) His sister in Fort Scott.
(d) A living witness.
4. According to Floyd, who talked of robbing the Clutters?
5. How did Smith imagine he would commit suicide while in jail?
(a) By hanging himself with belt.
(b) By slitting his wrists with pieces of a lightbulb.
(c) By slitting wrists with a shiv.
(d) By hanging himself with sheets from the bed.
6. What punishment was decreed to Smith and Hickock by the jury?
(b) Life in prison.
(c) Life with the possibility of parole.
(d) Death for Hickock but not for Smith.
7. How many of the twelve jurors were male?
8. What sound could be heard as Hickock and Smith were escorted into the Garden City county jail?
(a) Flashbulbs popping.
(b) Yells of abuse from the crowd.
(c) It was silent.
(d) Murmers of the crowd.
9. What type of examination did Hickock and Smith's lawyers request?
(a) Ability to participate in their defense.
10. Who visited Hickock in jail?
(c) His parents.
(d) No one.
11. What name did Smith give to the animal who visited him in his cell?
12. in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where was the most recent address Detective Nye had for Smith?
(a) Las Vegas.
(c) Kansas City.
(d) Fort Scott.
13. Where were the knife and shotgun used in the Clutter murders found?
(a) Smith's father's house.
(b) Hickock's house.
(c) Smith's sister's house.
(d) Vegas hotel room.
14. After Smith and Hickock stole a car in Part 3 of In Cold Blood, where did they return?
(a) Kansas City.
(d) Las Vegas.
15. What did detective Nye show Hickock on the second day of the interrogation?
(a) A photo of Floyd Wells.
(b) A photo of he and Smith at the Clutter's house.
(c) A photo of the footprints at the scene.
(d) A photo of the murders.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Alvin Dewey learn of Hickock and Smith's execution date?
2. Which of the following was not a question asked of Floyd by his cellmate about the Clutters?
3. What was the name of Nancy's old mare that helped to comfort Bobby Rupp?
4. What kind of gun was used to kill the Clutters?
5. What gift did Smith give to Mrs. Meier?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)