|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did Smith ship from Mexico which helped to incriminate him?
2. Where did Hickock imagine he would live when he escaped from jail?
3. Who volunteered to examine Hickock and Smith?
4. What name did Smith give to the animal who visited him in his cell?
5. What happened to Smith and Hickock in front of the hotel in Las Vegas in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
(a) They bought a big meal.
(b) They gathered empty bottles.
(c) They opened the package they mailed to themselves from Mexico.
(d) They were arrested.
6. How long did it take the jury to deliberate?
(a) 40 minutes.
(b) 120 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 60 minutes.
7. Who did Wells tell about his story?
8. On what date were Smith and Hickock executed?
(a) April 15, 1966.
(b) April 15, 1965.
(c) April 14, 1966.
(d) April 14, 1965.
9. How did Smith imagine he would commit suicide while in jail?
(a) By hanging himself with sheets from the bed.
(b) By slitting wrists with a shiv.
(c) By slitting his wrists with pieces of a lightbulb.
(d) By hanging himself with belt.
10. Which of the following people was considered the prosecution's most damaging witness?
(a) Nancy Ewalt.
(b) Kansas Bureau of Investigation forensic expert.
(c) Susan Kidwell.
(d) Alvin Dewey.
11. What punishment was decreed to Smith and Hickock by the jury?
(a) Death for Hickock but not for Smith.
(b) Life with the possibility of parole.
(d) Life in prison.
12. Where were the binoculars and radio belonging to the Clutters found?
(a) A Mexican pawnshop.
(b) A Vegas pawnshop.
(c) A Kansas pawnshop.
(d) A Texan pawnshop.
13. How many of the jurors were farmers like the Clutters?
14. Who supposedly lived in Fort Scott, Kansas?
(a) Hickock's sister.
(b) Smith's brother.
(c) Smith's sister.
(d) Hickock's brother.
15. Which Clutter did Smith talk to about their life before they were killed?
(a) Mrs. Clutter.
(b) Mr. Clutter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mrs. Meier feel about Smith?
2. How much money did Hickock tell Smith Mr. Clutter always kept in his safe?
3. What was Smith's favorite dish?
4. How long before the Clutter murders was Hickock released from prison?
5. How did Floyd know the Clutters?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)