Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the C;utter children were still living at home at the time of the murders?
2. What did Hickock do to get some money for himself and Smith?
(a) Wrote several bad checks.
(b) Robbed a bank.
(c) Stole merchandise and cash.
(d) Found a sunken treasure.
3. Who lead the investigation into the Clutter murders?
(a) Agent Dewey.
(b) Agent Nye.
(c) Agent Church.
(d) Agent Duntz.
4. What happened to the passing stranger who was considered a suspect in the Clutter murders?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He was cleared of the murders.
(c) He claimed the life insurance money and left.
(d) He escaped before anyone could determine his involvement.
5. Which individual was a rodeo-performer at one time?
(a) Kenyon Clutter.
(b) Richard Clutter.
(c) Perry Smith.
(d) Nancy Clutter.
6. Why did Agent Dewey lose weight while working on the Clutter case?
(a) He obsessed over the Clutter case.
(b) He was chasing Smith and Hickock around the globe.
(c) He was too busy to eat.
(d) His wife had him on a diet.
7. Who did Agent Dewey believe committed the crime?
(a) A pair of men; one who knew the family and his accomplice.
(b) Bobby Rupp.
(c) A father and son team who had a business transaction with the Clutters.
(d) A pair of men who did not know the family at all.
8. Why does Perry Smith suffer from chronic pain?
(a) He was in an accident where his legs were broken in five places.
(b) He was in an accident where his legs were broken in four places.
(c) He was in an accident where his arms were broken in five places.
(d) He was in an accident where his arms were broken in four places.
9. How many people had Hickock murdered before the Clutter crime?
10. What activity did Nancy, Kenyon, and Herb do on their final night alive?
(a) Bake pies.
(b) Play board games with Bobby.
(d) Watch TV.
11. How much was the life insurance police that Herb Clutter took out worth?
12. Which of the following was not one of the good qualities Willie Jay saw in Smith?
(a) Explosive emotional reactions.
(d) Poetic imagination.
13. What is the largest town near Holcomb?
(a) Kansas City.
(c) Garden City.
(d) Hartman's City.
14. Which individual in In Cold Blood was an English Teacher?
(a) Charles Ewalt.
(b) Larry Jendricks.
(c) Susan Kidwell.
(d) Sheriff Robinson.
15. What did Hickock know would make Smith the perfect partner for this criminal activity?
(c) Explosive emotional reactions.
(d) Poetic imagination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What apparently was used to kill all of the murder victims?
2. How many children did the Clutter's have?
3. What is the name of the oldest Clutter's child?
4. Who went to the Clutter household every Sunday morning?
5. Where were Smith and Hickcock trying to go when they came back from the states from Mexico?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)