|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Clutter experienced depression after which event?
(a) Death of her mother.
(b) Death of her father.
(c) Birth of her last two children.
(d) Marriage of her oldest child.
2. Why does Perry Smith suffer from chronic pain?
(a) He was in an accident where his arms were broken in four places.
(b) He was in an accident where his arms were broken in five places.
(c) He was in an accident where his legs were broken in four places.
(d) He was in an accident where his legs were broken in five places.
3. What was Mr. Helm's job?
(b) Funeral Director.
(d) FBI Agent.
4. What is the name of the oldest Clutter's child?
5. Who concluded that Smith and his sister could have no relationship?
6. Why are the initials on the binoculars important?
(a) They show they belonged to Smith.
(b) They are not important at all.
(c) They show that Smith and Hickock are partners.
(d) They show they belonged to Herb Clutter.
7. When did Smith's recurring nightmare begin?
(a) In jail.
(b) In his late teens.
(c) In childhood.
(d) After the murders.
8. When Hickock and Smith went out on the boat, who did not go into the water?
9. What was the breakfast Herb had on his last day alive?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Apple and milk.
(c) Oatmeal and juice.
(d) Cereal and milk.
10. Smith had a premonition that what awaited both he and Hickock?
(a) A yellow parrot.
(b) A trap.
(c) A treasure.
(d) A funeral.
11. Who joined the Merchant Marines?
(b) Smith's father.
(c) Smith's sister.
(d) Smith's mother.
12. How did Smith and Hickock continue to earn money in Mexico?
(a) By selling stolen goods.
(b) Hunting for treasure.
(c) Writing bad checks.
(d) Murder for hire.
13. What was Smith's sister's name?
14. What did Hickock do to get some money for himself and Smith?
(a) Wrote several bad checks.
(b) Stole merchandise and cash.
(c) Found a sunken treasure.
(d) Robbed a bank.
15. Which two states did Smith and Hickock travel through before they made their way to Mexico?
(a) Arizona and Oklahoma.
(b) Oklahoma and Texas.
(c) Arizona and Texas.
(d) New Mexico and Arizona.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Smith expect to get the money to pay back everyone he and Hickock had conned?
2. Where did Smith and Hickock meet Otto?
3. What is the largest town near Holcomb?
4. How old was Herb Clutter when he died?
5. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Herb Clutter?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)