|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not one of the good qualities Willie Jay saw in Smith?
(b) Explosive emotional reactions.
(c) Poetic imagination.
2. How many children did the Clutter's have?
3. Why did Agent Dewey lose weight while working on the Clutter case?
(a) His wife had him on a diet.
(b) He was too busy to eat.
(c) He obsessed over the Clutter case.
(d) He was chasing Smith and Hickock around the globe.
4. What did Kenyon spend hours in the basement doing?
(a) Leading meetings of a variety of school clubs.
(b) Working on his mechanical inventions.
(d) Baking blueberry pies.
5. Which individual was found dead on top of the mattress box?
(b) Mr. Clutter.
(d) Mrs. Clutter.
6. Why was Hickock sure that Smith would not have any problem with committing the murder?
(a) He thought Smith had murdered before.
(b) It was in the past, and they agreed to never look back.
(c) Because He himself had no difficulties with it.
(d) He knew Smith had no conscious.
7. Who was the prime suspect for the murders at the end of Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
(a) Richard Hickock.
(b) Susan Kidwell.
(c) Larry Hendricks.
(d) Bobby Rupp.
8. How did Smith and Hickock continue to earn money in Mexico?
(a) Murder for hire.
(b) Hunting for treasure.
(c) By selling stolen goods.
(d) Writing bad checks.
9. Why did at least one family decide to leave Holcomb after the murders?
(a) Because they knew someone from Holcomb committed the murder.
(b) Because the murders were unsolved.
(c) Because townsfolk had become gossips.
(d) More murders had been occurring in the town.
10. Where did Mrs. Clutter spend the majority of her time?
(a) In bed.
(b) In her sewing room.
(c) In a closet.
(d) In the barn.
11. What was wrong with Smith's mother?
(a) She joined the Merchant Marines.
(b) She moved to Alaska.
(c) She was a drunkard.
(d) She died giving birth to him.
12. Who did one of the agents find out had a negative business transaction with the Clutters and had made threats toward Herb?
(a) A pair of men; one who knew the family and his accomplice.
(b) A father and son.
(c) Bobby Rupp.
(d) A pair of men who did not know the family at all.
13. Who was Nancy's boyfriend?
(a) Perry Smith.
(b) Bobby Rupp.
(c) Herb Clutter.
(d) Richard Hickock.
14. What was Smith's sister's name?
15. Where did Smith and Hickock first hear about their crime after it was commited?
(a) From a premonition.
(b) From town gossips.
(c) On the radio.
(d) In the newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term best describes how Dewey described the motive at his first press conference?
2. How old was Herb Clutter when he died?
3. What does a double-indemnity clause mean?
4. The town where the Clutter family lived had a population of about how many?
5. Who went to the Clutter household every Sunday morning?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)