|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two individual met at the drugstore the night of the murder?
(a) Nancy Clutter and Kenyon Clutter.
(b) Perry Smith and Eveanna Clutter.
(c) Perry Smith and Richard Hickock.
(d) Richard Hickock and Kenyon Clutter.
2. How old was Alvin Adams Dewey in Part 2 of In Cold Blood?
3. How much was the life insurance police that Herb Clutter took out worth?
4. Which of his possessions was beloved by Smith?
(c) Gibson guitar.
5. What is the name of the oldest Clutter's child?
6. In Smith's nightmare, what always saved him in the end?
(a) A green, finch-like bird.
(b) A green, parrot-like bird.
(c) A yellow, parrot-like bird.
(d) A yellow, finch-like bird.
7. Which individual is shown to be primarily a schemer and a con man?
(a) Perry Smith.
(b) Nancy Clutter.
(c) Richard Hickock.
(d) Perry Hickock.
8. Who claimed Smith is a good person who had not gotten any breaks?
(c) His father.
9. What was the purpose of the book, "A History of My Boy's Life"?
(a) To get Smith paroled.
(b) To keep track of family history.
(c) To document Smith's father's life.
(d) To document the murders.
10. When did Smith's recurring nightmare begin?
(a) In childhood.
(b) In jail.
(c) After the murders.
(d) In his late teens.
11. Who was Herb's wife?
12. Who was the prime suspect for the murders at the end of Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
(a) Bobby Rupp.
(b) Larry Hendricks.
(c) Richard Hickock.
(d) Susan Kidwell.
13. What apparently was used to kill all of the murder victims?
(a) A gun.
(c) A bat.
14. Smith had a premonition that what awaited both he and Hickock?
(a) A yellow parrot.
(b) A treasure.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A trap.
15. What did Hickock finally admit to Smith about the crime?
(a) He had some wrong information about the Clutters.
(b) He was sure the police know it was them.
(c) He wanted to separate and go his own way.
(d) He left behind evidence that he should not have left behind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not an event completed by Nancy?
2. How did Smith expect to get the money to pay back everyone he and Hickock had conned?
3. About how far away from the Clutter's town is the drug store?
4. Once Smith and Hickock met on the night of the murders, where did they drive?
5. Of what was Dewey an agent?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)