|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which individual was in a car accident that left his face crooked?
(a) Perry Hickock.
(b) Richard Hickock.
(c) Perry Smith.
(d) Herb Clutter.
2. Who claimed Smith should stop blaming everyone else for his problems and accept the responsibility himself?
(a) His father.
3. How many children did the Clutter's have?
4. Where does the story that In Cold Blood investigates take place?
(a) Finney, Kansas.
(b) Kansas CIty, Texas.
(c) River Valley, Kansas.
(d) Holcomb, Kansas.
5. Which of the following was not one of the good qualities Willie Jay saw in Smith?
(a) Poetic imagination.
(c) Explosive emotional reactions.
6. When did Smith's recurring nightmare begin?
(a) In his late teens.
(b) After the murders.
(c) In childhood.
(d) In jail.
7. Who had won blue ribbons for baking pies?
8. Which term best describes how Dewey described the motive at his first press conference?
(a) Wrapped up in the purchase of the life insurance policy.
9. What happened to the lodge that Smith and his father built and ran in Alaska?
(a) They sold it to join the Merchant Marines.
(b) His father continued running it without Smith.
(c) It failed.
(d) It fell into the ocean.
10. What does a double-indemnity clause mean?
(a) If the person dies by accident, the pay out is tripled.
(b) If the person dies by accident, the pay out is doubled.
(c) If the person dies of a disease, the pay out is doubled.
(d) If the person is murdered, the pay out is tripled.
11. Which individual was a rodeo-performer at one time?
(a) Nancy Clutter.
(b) Kenyon Clutter.
(c) Perry Smith.
(d) Richard Clutter.
12. Who concluded that Smith and his sister could have no relationship?
13. Which kind of treatment did Bonnie receive?
14. What was the purpose of the book, "A History of My Boy's Life"?
(a) To get Smith paroled.
(b) To document Smith's father's life.
(c) To document the murders.
(d) To keep track of family history.
15. About how far away from the Clutter's town is the drug store?
(a) 500 miles.
(b) 300 miles.
(c) 400 miles.
(d) 450 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which individual is shown to be primarily a schemer and a con man?
2. Why did Agent Dewey lose weight while working on the Clutter case?
3. Who was the prime suspect for the murders at the end of Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
4. Which individual believed that treasure hunting was an unrealistic fantasy?
5. What is the name of the oldest Clutter's child?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)