|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the small drugstore that is described in part one of In Cold Blood?
(a) Olathe, Texas
(b) Kansas City at Holcom
(c) Kansas City at Olathe
(d) Holcomb, Kansas
2. Which of the Clutter children was somewhat eccentric?
3. Which individual in In Cold Blood was an English Teacher?
(a) Larry Jendricks.
(b) Charles Ewalt.
(c) Sheriff Robinson.
(d) Susan Kidwell.
4. Who claimed Smith is a good person who had not gotten any breaks?
(b) His father.
5. How many people had Hickock murdered before the Clutter crime?
6. How did Smith and Hickock continue to earn money in Mexico?
(a) By selling stolen goods.
(b) Murder for hire.
(c) Hunting for treasure.
(d) Writing bad checks.
7. Where were Smith and Hickcock trying to go when they came back from the states from Mexico?
(d) Las Vegas.
8. How did Smith expect to get the money to pay back everyone he and Hickock had conned?
(a) Finding sunken treasure in Mexico.
(b) Money from the murder of the Clutters.
(c) Working hard in Mexico as a mechanic.
(d) Traveling across the country.
9. Which individual is part Cherokee, with dark eyes, and a dark complexion?
(a) Perry Smith.
(b) Richard Clutter.
(c) Herb Clutter.
(d) Kenyon Clutter.
10. Where did Mrs. Clutter spend the majority of her time?
(a) In bed.
(b) In her sewing room.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In a closet.
11. What was one of the former jobs of Alvin Dewey?
(a) Sheriff of Finney County.
(b) Sheriff of Kansas City.
(c) Mayor of Finney County.
(d) Sheriff of Olathe Kansas.
12. How old was Alvin Adams Dewey in Part 2 of In Cold Blood?
13. Which murder victim did the Sherriff, Mr. Hendricks and Mr. Ewalt find first?
(b) Mr. Clutter.
(c) Mrs. Clutter.
14. What happened to the lodge that Smith and his father built and ran in Alaska?
(a) They sold it to join the Merchant Marines.
(b) It failed.
(c) His father continued running it without Smith.
(d) It fell into the ocean.
15. Which of the following was not an event completed by Nancy?
(a) Getting gas in her car.
(b) Talking on the phone to her best friend.
(c) Teaching neighbor girl to bake a cherry pie.
(d) Playing with her cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Herb's wife?
2. Who was impressed by the number of people that attended the Clutter funeral?
3. The town where the Clutter family lived had a population of about how many?
4. What happened to the passing stranger who was considered a suspect in the Clutter murders?
5. Why did at least one family decide to leave Holcomb after the murders?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)