|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which individual was found dead on top of the mattress box?
(a) Mr. Clutter.
(d) Mrs. Clutter.
2. How did Hickock and Smith meet?
(a) As inmates at the Kansas State Penitentiary.
(b) At the drugstore.
(c) As inmates at the Texas State Penitentiary.
(d) At the Clutters' house.
3. Who was impressed by the number of people that attended the Clutter funeral?
4. Who joined the Merchant Marines?
(b) Smith's sister.
(c) Smith's mother.
(d) Smith's father.
5. Who lead the investigation into the Clutter murders?
(a) Agent Dewey.
(b) Agent Duntz.
(c) Agent Church.
(d) Agent Nye.
6. What did Smith and Hickock do to a 1949 Chevrolet sedan?
(a) Stole it.
(b) Gave it a tune-up.
(c) Crashed it.
(d) Washed it.
7. Which of the following was not an event completed by Nancy?
(a) Talking on the phone to her best friend.
(b) Getting gas in her car.
(c) Teaching neighbor girl to bake a cherry pie.
(d) Playing with her cat.
8. Why did Agent Dewey lose weight while working on the Clutter case?
(a) His wife had him on a diet.
(b) He obsessed over the Clutter case.
(c) He was too busy to eat.
(d) He was chasing Smith and Hickock around the globe.
9. How old was Richard Hickock the night of the murders?
10. How old was Alvin Adams Dewey in Part 2 of In Cold Blood?
11. Which of the Clutter children did the town believe to be a genius?
12. What was the breakfast Herb had on his last day alive?
(a) Apple and milk.
(b) Bacon and eggs.
(c) Oatmeal and juice.
(d) Cereal and milk.
13. Where did Mrs. Clutter spend the majority of her time?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In bed.
(c) In her sewing room.
(d) In a closet.
14. Which individual is shown to be primarily a schemer and a con man?
(a) Perry Smith.
(b) Perry Hickock.
(c) Richard Hickock.
(d) Nancy Clutter.
15. What was one of the former jobs of Alvin Dewey?
(a) Sheriff of Kansas City.
(b) Mayor of Finney County.
(c) Sheriff of Olathe Kansas.
(d) Sheriff of Finney County.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Helm see in Mrs. Clutter's window?
2. Once Smith and Hickock met on the night of the murders, where did they drive?
3. What was Smith's sister's name?
4. On what day did the events described in part one of In Cold Blood take place?
5. How many of the C;utter children were still living at home at the time of the murders?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)