|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two individual met at the drugstore the night of the murder?
(a) Perry Smith and Eveanna Clutter.
(b) Nancy Clutter and Kenyon Clutter.
(c) Perry Smith and Richard Hickock.
(d) Richard Hickock and Kenyon Clutter.
2. What did Mr. Helm see in Mrs. Clutter's window?
(a) A ghost.
(c) A shotgun and knife.
(d) Someone inside.
3. Which of his possessions was beloved by Smith?
(c) Gibson guitar.
4. What pact did Smith and Hickock make after the murders?
(a) To stay together, no matter what.
(b) To separate and come back together in another country.
(c) To stay apart, no matter what.
(d) To stay together until the police hunt them down.
5. When Hickock and Smith went out on the boat, who did not go into the water?
6. What does a double-indemnity clause mean?
(a) If the person is murdered, the pay out is tripled.
(b) If the person dies of a disease, the pay out is doubled.
(c) If the person dies by accident, the pay out is doubled.
(d) If the person dies by accident, the pay out is tripled.
7. Which of the Clutter children was somewhat eccentric?
8. Why was a passing stranger considered a suspect in the Clutter murders?
(a) He had a hunting knife only.
(b) He was found trying to claim the life insurance money.
(c) He had a shotgun only.
(d) He had a shotgun and a hunting knife.
9. How did Smith expect to get the money to pay back everyone he and Hickock had conned?
(a) Traveling across the country.
(b) Working hard in Mexico as a mechanic.
(c) Money from the murder of the Clutters.
(d) Finding sunken treasure in Mexico.
10. What was Mr. Helm's job?
(c) FBI Agent.
(d) Funeral Director.
11. What did Kenyon spend hours in the basement doing?
(a) Leading meetings of a variety of school clubs.
(c) Baking blueberry pies.
(d) Working on his mechanical inventions.
12. Who had won blue ribbons for baking pies?
13. Who claimed Smith should stop blaming everyone else for his problems and accept the responsibility himself?
(b) His father.
14. Which individual in In Cold Blood was an English Teacher?
(a) Sheriff Robinson.
(b) Larry Jendricks.
(c) Susan Kidwell.
(d) Charles Ewalt.
15. Who concluded that Smith and his sister could have no relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which murder victim did the Sherriff, Mr. Hendricks and Mr. Ewalt find first?
2. What did Hickock do to get some money for himself and Smith?
3. Mrs. Clutter experienced depression after which event?
4. What was the breakfast Herb had on his last day alive?
5. Of what was Dewey an agent?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)