|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was impressed by the number of people that attended the Clutter funeral?
2. Which of his possessions was beloved by Smith?
(c) Gibson guitar.
3. What was the purpose of the book, "A History of My Boy's Life"?
(a) To document the murders.
(b) To document Smith's father's life.
(c) To get Smith paroled.
(d) To keep track of family history.
4. What happened to the passing stranger who was considered a suspect in the Clutter murders?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He escaped before anyone could determine his involvement.
(c) He claimed the life insurance money and left.
(d) He was cleared of the murders.
5. Why was a passing stranger considered a suspect in the Clutter murders?
(a) He was found trying to claim the life insurance money.
(b) He had a shotgun and a hunting knife.
(c) He had a hunting knife only.
(d) He had a shotgun only.
6. How old was Herb Clutter when he died?
7. How did Smith expect to get the money to pay back everyone he and Hickock had conned?
(a) Traveling across the country.
(b) Finding sunken treasure in Mexico.
(c) Money from the murder of the Clutters.
(d) Working hard in Mexico as a mechanic.
8. Which of the Clutter children did the town believe to be a genius?
9. What was Mr. Helm's job?
(b) Funeral Director.
(c) FBI Agent.
10. Who claimed Smith is a good person who had not gotten any breaks?
(b) His father.
11. Why did at least one family decide to leave Holcomb after the murders?
(a) More murders had been occurring in the town.
(b) Because they knew someone from Holcomb committed the murder.
(c) Because townsfolk had become gossips.
(d) Because the murders were unsolved.
12. Where is the small drugstore that is described in part one of In Cold Blood?
(a) Olathe, Texas
(b) Kansas City at Holcom
(c) Holcomb, Kansas
(d) Kansas City at Olathe
13. What does a double-indemnity clause mean?
(a) If the person is murdered, the pay out is tripled.
(b) If the person dies by accident, the pay out is tripled.
(c) If the person dies by accident, the pay out is doubled.
(d) If the person dies of a disease, the pay out is doubled.
14. Who was Herb's wife?
15. What did Smith and Hickock do to a 1949 Chevrolet sedan?
(a) Gave it a tune-up.
(b) Washed it.
(c) Crashed it.
(d) Stole it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the oldest Clutter's child?
2. Why are the initials on the binoculars important?
3. Smith had a premonition that what awaited both he and Hickock?
4. Who claimed Smith should stop blaming everyone else for his problems and accept the responsibility himself?
5. What was wrong with Smith's mother?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)