|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The town where the Clutter family lived had a population of about how many?
2. Who concluded that Smith and his sister could have no relationship?
3. Mrs. Clutter experienced depression after which event?
(a) Birth of her last two children.
(b) Death of her mother.
(c) Marriage of her oldest child.
(d) Death of her father.
4. What pact did Smith and Hickock make after the murders?
(a) To stay together, no matter what.
(b) To stay apart, no matter what.
(c) To stay together until the police hunt them down.
(d) To separate and come back together in another country.
5. About how far away from the Clutter's town is the drug store?
(a) 500 miles.
(b) 300 miles.
(c) 400 miles.
(d) 450 miles.
6. Which two individual met at the drugstore the night of the murder?
(a) Perry Smith and Eveanna Clutter.
(b) Nancy Clutter and Kenyon Clutter.
(c) Richard Hickock and Kenyon Clutter.
(d) Perry Smith and Richard Hickock.
7. Which investigator was personal friends with the murder victims?
(a) Agent Dewey.
(b) Agent Duntz.
(c) Agent Church.
(d) Agent Nye.
8. What happened to the lodge that Smith and his father built and ran in Alaska?
(a) It fell into the ocean.
(b) His father continued running it without Smith.
(c) It failed.
(d) They sold it to join the Merchant Marines.
9. Who was impressed by the number of people that attended the Clutter funeral?
10. Why was Hickock sure that Smith would not have any problem with committing the murder?
(a) It was in the past, and they agreed to never look back.
(b) He thought Smith had murdered before.
(c) He knew Smith had no conscious.
(d) Because He himself had no difficulties with it.
11. Where is the small drugstore that is described in part one of In Cold Blood?
(a) Kansas City at Holcom
(b) Olathe, Texas
(c) Kansas City at Olathe
(d) Holcomb, Kansas
12. Which term best describes how Dewey described the motive at his first press conference?
(c) Wrapped up in the purchase of the life insurance policy.
13. Which individual was a rodeo-performer at one time?
(a) Nancy Clutter.
(b) Perry Smith.
(c) Richard Clutter.
(d) Kenyon Clutter.
14. Who was Nancy's boyfriend?
(a) Bobby Rupp.
(b) Herb Clutter.
(c) Perry Smith.
(d) Richard Hickock.
15. Why did Agent Dewey lose weight while working on the Clutter case?
(a) He obsessed over the Clutter case.
(b) His wife had him on a diet.
(c) He was too busy to eat.
(d) He was chasing Smith and Hickock around the globe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which individual in In Cold Blood was an English Teacher?
2. Which of the following was not an event completed by Nancy?
3. What did Hickock do to get some money for himself and Smith?
4. What was the purpose of the book, "A History of My Boy's Life"?
5. Where did the bus drop Smith and Hickock off after they sold their car in Mexico?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)