|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. River Valley Farm did not contain which of the following?
2. What pact did Smith and Hickock make after the murders?
(a) To stay together, no matter what.
(b) To separate and come back together in another country.
(c) To stay apart, no matter what.
(d) To stay together until the police hunt them down.
3. How did Smith expect to get the money to pay back everyone he and Hickock had conned?
(a) Finding sunken treasure in Mexico.
(b) Working hard in Mexico as a mechanic.
(c) Money from the murder of the Clutters.
(d) Traveling across the country.
4. Why was a passing stranger considered a suspect in the Clutter murders?
(a) He was found trying to claim the life insurance money.
(b) He had a hunting knife only.
(c) He had a shotgun only.
(d) He had a shotgun and a hunting knife.
5. When did Smith's recurring nightmare begin?
(a) In childhood.
(b) In jail.
(c) After the murders.
(d) In his late teens.
6. Where does the story that In Cold Blood investigates take place?
(a) Finney, Kansas.
(b) River Valley, Kansas.
(c) Holcomb, Kansas.
(d) Kansas CIty, Texas.
7. How did Hickock and Smith meet?
(a) As inmates at the Texas State Penitentiary.
(b) As inmates at the Kansas State Penitentiary.
(c) At the Clutters' house.
(d) At the drugstore.
8. Where did Smith and Hickock first hear about their crime after it was commited?
(a) On the radio.
(b) In the newspaper.
(c) From town gossips.
(d) From a premonition.
9. Which two individual met at the drugstore the night of the murder?
(a) Perry Smith and Eveanna Clutter.
(b) Nancy Clutter and Kenyon Clutter.
(c) Richard Hickock and Kenyon Clutter.
(d) Perry Smith and Richard Hickock.
10. What happened to the lodge that Smith and his father built and ran in Alaska?
(a) They sold it to join the Merchant Marines.
(b) It failed.
(c) His father continued running it without Smith.
(d) It fell into the ocean.
11. How much was the life insurance police that Herb Clutter took out worth?
12. Smith had a premonition that what awaited both he and Hickock?
(a) A yellow parrot.
(b) A treasure.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A trap.
13. What was one of the former jobs of Alvin Dewey?
(a) Mayor of Finney County.
(b) Sheriff of Olathe Kansas.
(c) Sheriff of Finney County.
(d) Sheriff of Kansas City.
14. What does a double-indemnity clause mean?
(a) If the person dies of a disease, the pay out is doubled.
(b) If the person dies by accident, the pay out is tripled.
(c) If the person dies by accident, the pay out is doubled.
(d) If the person is murdered, the pay out is tripled.
15. Which murder victim did the Sherriff, Mr. Hendricks and Mr. Ewalt find first?
(a) Mr. Clutter.
(d) Mrs. Clutter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Agent Dewey lose weight while working on the Clutter case?
2. What was wrong with Smith's mother?
3. From which of the following does it say in the book that Herb abstained from?
4. How old was Alvin Adams Dewey in Part 2 of In Cold Blood?
5. Which individual was found dead on top of the mattress box?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)