|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the small drugstore that is described in part one of In Cold Blood?
(a) Kansas City at Olathe
(b) Olathe, Texas
(c) Holcomb, Kansas
(d) Kansas City at Holcom
2. Where did the bus drop Smith and Hickock off after they sold their car in Mexico?
(a) Las Vegas.
3. Mrs. Clutter experienced depression after which event?
(a) Birth of her last two children.
(b) Death of her father.
(c) Death of her mother.
(d) Marriage of her oldest child.
4. Which individual was found dead on top of the mattress box?
(a) Mr. Clutter.
(b) Mrs. Clutter.
5. From which of the following does it say in the book that Herb abstained from?
6. On what day did the events described in part one of In Cold Blood take place?
(a) December 15, 1959.
(b) November 15, 1950.
(c) November 15, 1959.
(d) December 15, 1950.
7. Where did Smith and Hickock first hear about their crime after it was commited?
(a) On the radio.
(b) In the newspaper.
(c) From a premonition.
(d) From town gossips.
8. What do the locals describe Herb's wife as suffering from?
(c) Drug addiction.
9. Which of the Clutter children was somewhat eccentric?
10. How did Smith expect to get the money to pay back everyone he and Hickock had conned?
(a) Money from the murder of the Clutters.
(b) Finding sunken treasure in Mexico.
(c) Working hard in Mexico as a mechanic.
(d) Traveling across the country.
11. Which two states did Smith and Hickock travel through before they made their way to Mexico?
(a) Arizona and Oklahoma.
(b) Arizona and Texas.
(c) Oklahoma and Texas.
(d) New Mexico and Arizona.
12. Why did at least one family decide to leave Holcomb after the murders?
(a) More murders had been occurring in the town.
(b) Because they knew someone from Holcomb committed the murder.
(c) Because the murders were unsolved.
(d) Because townsfolk had become gossips.
13. What was one of the former jobs of Alvin Dewey?
(a) Mayor of Finney County.
(b) Sheriff of Olathe Kansas.
(c) Sheriff of Kansas City.
(d) Sheriff of Finney County.
14. What did Hickock do to get some money for himself and Smith?
(a) Found a sunken treasure.
(b) Robbed a bank.
(c) Wrote several bad checks.
(d) Stole merchandise and cash.
15. What did Kenyon spend hours in the basement doing?
(a) Working on his mechanical inventions.
(c) Leading meetings of a variety of school clubs.
(d) Baking blueberry pies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which individual was in a car accident that left his face crooked?
2. How many people attended the Clutter funeral?
3. Who claimed Smith is a good person who had not gotten any breaks?
4. How did Smith and Hickock continue to earn money in Mexico?
5. When Hickock and Smith went out on the boat, who did not go into the water?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)