|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two individual met at the drugstore the night of the murder?
(a) Richard Hickock and Kenyon Clutter.
(b) Nancy Clutter and Kenyon Clutter.
(c) Perry Smith and Richard Hickock.
(d) Perry Smith and Eveanna Clutter.
2. How old was Richard Hickock the night of the murders?
3. Which kind of treatment did Bonnie receive?
4. Who concluded that Smith and his sister could have no relationship?
5. What is the name of the oldest Clutter's child?
6. How did Smith expect to get the money to pay back everyone he and Hickock had conned?
(a) Money from the murder of the Clutters.
(b) Traveling across the country.
(c) Working hard in Mexico as a mechanic.
(d) Finding sunken treasure in Mexico.
7. Which of the following was not an event completed by Nancy?
(a) Playing with her cat.
(b) Talking on the phone to her best friend.
(c) Teaching neighbor girl to bake a cherry pie.
(d) Getting gas in her car.
8. What do the locals describe Herb's wife as suffering from?
(a) Drug addiction.
9. Who was Herb's wife?
10. Who did one of the agents find out had a negative business transaction with the Clutters and had made threats toward Herb?
(a) A pair of men who did not know the family at all.
(b) Bobby Rupp.
(c) A pair of men; one who knew the family and his accomplice.
(d) A father and son.
11. Which individual was a rodeo-performer at one time?
(a) Perry Smith.
(b) Kenyon Clutter.
(c) Richard Clutter.
(d) Nancy Clutter.
12. Smith had a premonition that what awaited both he and Hickock?
(a) A trap.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A treasure.
(d) A yellow parrot.
13. What memento did Smith save from his sister?
(b) A biography and family tree.
(c) A letter.
(d) A guitar.
14. Where does the story that In Cold Blood investigates take place?
(a) Kansas CIty, Texas.
(b) Finney, Kansas.
(c) River Valley, Kansas.
(d) Holcomb, Kansas.
15. What did Kenyon spend hours in the basement doing?
(a) Leading meetings of a variety of school clubs.
(b) Working on his mechanical inventions.
(c) Baking blueberry pies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hickock know would make Smith the perfect partner for this criminal activity?
2. Where were Smith and Hickcock trying to go when they came back from the states from Mexico?
3. Which individual is shown to be primarily a schemer and a con man?
4. In Smith's nightmare, what always saved him in the end?
5. Which of the following was not one of the good qualities Willie Jay saw in Smith?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)