|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the bus drop Smith and Hickock off after they sold their car in Mexico?
(a) Las Vegas.
2. Why did at least one family decide to leave Holcomb after the murders?
(a) More murders had been occurring in the town.
(b) Because the murders were unsolved.
(c) Because they knew someone from Holcomb committed the murder.
(d) Because townsfolk had become gossips.
3. What apparently was used to kill all of the murder victims?
(a) A bat.
(d) A gun.
4. Which individual was a rodeo-performer at one time?
(a) Perry Smith.
(b) Kenyon Clutter.
(c) Richard Clutter.
(d) Nancy Clutter.
5. How many of the C;utter children were still living at home at the time of the murders?
6. Which two states did Smith and Hickock travel through before they made their way to Mexico?
(a) Arizona and Oklahoma.
(b) Arizona and Texas.
(c) New Mexico and Arizona.
(d) Oklahoma and Texas.
7. Which of the following was not an event completed by Nancy?
(a) Getting gas in her car.
(b) Talking on the phone to her best friend.
(c) Playing with her cat.
(d) Teaching neighbor girl to bake a cherry pie.
8. Who was Herb's wife?
9. What was wrong with Smith's mother?
(a) She moved to Alaska.
(b) She died giving birth to him.
(c) She joined the Merchant Marines.
(d) She was a drunkard.
10. How many children did the Clutter's have?
11. Which individual was in a car accident that left his face crooked?
(a) Richard Hickock.
(b) Perry Smith.
(c) Herb Clutter.
(d) Perry Hickock.
12. How did Smith and Hickock continue to earn money in Mexico?
(a) Murder for hire.
(b) Hunting for treasure.
(c) Writing bad checks.
(d) By selling stolen goods.
13. What did Hickock finally admit to Smith about the crime?
(a) He was sure the police know it was them.
(b) He left behind evidence that he should not have left behind.
(c) He had some wrong information about the Clutters.
(d) He wanted to separate and go his own way.
14. Who lead the investigation into the Clutter murders?
(a) Agent Nye.
(b) Agent Church.
(c) Agent Duntz.
(d) Agent Dewey.
15. Who concluded that Smith and his sister could have no relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the story that In Cold Blood investigates take place?
2. How many people had Hickock murdered before the Clutter crime?
3. Where did Smith and Hickock meet Otto?
4. Which of the Clutter's children was known as the town darling?
5. What memento did Smith save from his sister?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)