|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Smith and Hickock meet Otto?
2. What is the name of the oldest Clutter's child?
3. What happened to the lodge that Smith and his father built and ran in Alaska?
(a) It failed.
(b) It fell into the ocean.
(c) His father continued running it without Smith.
(d) They sold it to join the Merchant Marines.
4. What apparently was used to kill all of the murder victims?
(b) A bat.
(d) A gun.
5. How many people attended the Clutter funeral?
6. What did Mr. Helm see in Mrs. Clutter's window?
(a) A shotgun and knife.
(b) A ghost.
(c) Someone inside.
7. How old was Alvin Adams Dewey in Part 2 of In Cold Blood?
8. Who concluded that Smith and his sister could have no relationship?
9. What does a double-indemnity clause mean?
(a) If the person dies by accident, the pay out is doubled.
(b) If the person is murdered, the pay out is tripled.
(c) If the person dies by accident, the pay out is tripled.
(d) If the person dies of a disease, the pay out is doubled.
10. What was Smith's sister's name?
11. What was wrong with Smith's mother?
(a) She moved to Alaska.
(b) She joined the Merchant Marines.
(c) She died giving birth to him.
(d) She was a drunkard.
12. What was the breakfast Herb had on his last day alive?
(a) Cereal and milk.
(b) Apple and milk.
(c) Bacon and eggs.
(d) Oatmeal and juice.
13. Who had won blue ribbons for baking pies?
14. What pact did Smith and Hickock make after the murders?
(a) To stay apart, no matter what.
(b) To stay together, no matter what.
(c) To stay together until the police hunt them down.
(d) To separate and come back together in another country.
15. What did Hickock do to get some money for himself and Smith?
(a) Wrote several bad checks.
(b) Stole merchandise and cash.
(c) Robbed a bank.
(d) Found a sunken treasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which individual was found dead on top of the mattress box?
2. When did Smith's recurring nightmare begin?
3. Why did Agent Dewey lose weight while working on the Clutter case?
4. Where did Smith and Hickock first hear about their crime after it was commited?
5. Who was the prime suspect for the murders at the end of Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)