|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Richard Hickock the night of the murders?
2. Which term best describes how Dewey described the motive at his first press conference?
(b) Wrapped up in the purchase of the life insurance policy.
3. Which individual was found dead on top of the mattress box?
(a) Mr. Clutter.
(d) Mrs. Clutter.
4. Where does the story that In Cold Blood investigates take place?
(a) Finney, Kansas.
(b) River Valley, Kansas.
(c) Holcomb, Kansas.
(d) Kansas CIty, Texas.
5. What was one of the former jobs of Alvin Dewey?
(a) Sheriff of Olathe Kansas.
(b) Sheriff of Finney County.
(c) Mayor of Finney County.
(d) Sheriff of Kansas City.
6. Why did Smith and Hickock sell their stolen car in Mexico?
(a) The police were looking for the car.
(b) It did not work anymore.
(c) Someone offerred them a lot of money for it.
(d) They were out of money.
7. What was wrong with Smith's mother?
(a) She died giving birth to him.
(b) She moved to Alaska.
(c) She joined the Merchant Marines.
(d) She was a drunkard.
8. Which individual in In Cold Blood was an English Teacher?
(a) Larry Jendricks.
(b) Susan Kidwell.
(c) Charles Ewalt.
(d) Sheriff Robinson.
9. How many people attended the Clutter funeral?
10. How did Smith expect to get the money to pay back everyone he and Hickock had conned?
(a) Money from the murder of the Clutters.
(b) Working hard in Mexico as a mechanic.
(c) Finding sunken treasure in Mexico.
(d) Traveling across the country.
11. What was the breakfast Herb had on his last day alive?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Apple and milk.
(c) Cereal and milk.
(d) Oatmeal and juice.
12. Which term best describes the evidence upon which the case could be built after Dewey first took over the investigation?
(a) Little to no evidence.
(b) Clear evidence; it was just a matter of time before an arrest would be made.
(c) He expected to make an arrest within the week.
(d) Overwhelming evidence.
13. What happened to the lodge that Smith and his father built and ran in Alaska?
(a) It failed.
(b) They sold it to join the Merchant Marines.
(c) It fell into the ocean.
(d) His father continued running it without Smith.
14. What did Kenyon spend hours in the basement doing?
(a) Working on his mechanical inventions.
(b) Leading meetings of a variety of school clubs.
(d) Baking blueberry pies.
15. Which murder victim did the Sherriff, Mr. Hendricks and Mr. Ewalt find first?
(a) Mrs. Clutter.
(d) Mr. Clutter.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day did the events described in part one of In Cold Blood take place?
2. Who had won blue ribbons for baking pies?
3. Which of the Clutter children did the town believe to be a genius?
4. Why was Hickock sure that Smith would not have any problem with committing the murder?
5. What did Hickock finally admit to Smith about the crime?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)