|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which individual was found dead on top of the mattress box?
(b) Mrs. Clutter.
(c) Mr. Clutter.
2. How old was Richard Hickock the night of the murders?
3. Which individual is part Cherokee, with dark eyes, and a dark complexion?
(a) Perry Smith.
(b) Herb Clutter.
(c) Kenyon Clutter.
(d) Richard Clutter.
4. Which investigator was personal friends with the murder victims?
(a) Agent Duntz.
(b) Agent Dewey.
(c) Agent Church.
(d) Agent Nye.
5. Who claimed Smith should stop blaming everyone else for his problems and accept the responsibility himself?
(b) His father.
6. Of what was Dewey an agent?
(a) Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(b) Kansas Bureau of Investigation.
(c) Kansas District Attorney.
(d) Special Prosecuters Office.
7. Which of the following was not an event completed by Nancy?
(a) Playing with her cat.
(b) Teaching neighbor girl to bake a cherry pie.
(c) Talking on the phone to her best friend.
(d) Getting gas in her car.
8. Which of the Clutter's children was known as the town darling?
9. Why does Perry Smith suffer from chronic pain?
(a) He was in an accident where his arms were broken in four places.
(b) He was in an accident where his legs were broken in five places.
(c) He was in an accident where his legs were broken in four places.
(d) He was in an accident where his arms were broken in five places.
10. What was the purpose of the book, "A History of My Boy's Life"?
(a) To document the murders.
(b) To keep track of family history.
(c) To document Smith's father's life.
(d) To get Smith paroled.
11. Which two states did Smith and Hickock travel through before they made their way to Mexico?
(a) Arizona and Texas.
(b) New Mexico and Arizona.
(c) Oklahoma and Texas.
(d) Arizona and Oklahoma.
12. Where is the small drugstore that is described in part one of In Cold Blood?
(a) Kansas City at Holcom
(b) Holcomb, Kansas
(c) Kansas City at Olathe
(d) Olathe, Texas
13. Where were Smith and Hickcock trying to go when they came back from the states from Mexico?
(d) Las Vegas.
14. Who was the prime suspect for the murders at the end of Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
(a) Larry Hendricks.
(b) Bobby Rupp.
(c) Susan Kidwell.
(d) Richard Hickock.
15. Why was Agent Dewey unable to sleep while working on the Clutter case?
(a) His mind was always on the Clutter case.
(b) He was hunting for Smith and Hickock.
(c) His agents needed his attention at night.
(d) His wife complained about how much time he was working.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people attended the Clutter funeral?
2. Who did Agent Dewey believe committed the crime?
3. What was one of the former jobs of Alvin Dewey?
4. What activity did Nancy, Kenyon, and Herb do on their final night alive?
5. Who was impressed by the number of people that attended the Clutter funeral?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)