|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term best describes the evidence upon which the case could be built after Dewey first took over the investigation?
(a) Clear evidence; it was just a matter of time before an arrest would be made.
(b) He expected to make an arrest within the week.
(c) Overwhelming evidence.
(d) Little to no evidence.
2. How old was Alvin Adams Dewey in Part 2 of In Cold Blood?
3. What was one of the former jobs of Alvin Dewey?
(a) Sheriff of Kansas City.
(b) Sheriff of Olathe Kansas.
(c) Sheriff of Finney County.
(d) Mayor of Finney County.
4. Which individual in In Cold Blood was an English Teacher?
(a) Larry Jendricks.
(b) Susan Kidwell.
(c) Charles Ewalt.
(d) Sheriff Robinson.
5. Who lead the investigation into the Clutter murders?
(a) Agent Church.
(b) Agent Duntz.
(c) Agent Nye.
(d) Agent Dewey.
6. Why are the initials on the binoculars important?
(a) They show they belonged to Herb Clutter.
(b) They show that Smith and Hickock are partners.
(c) They are not important at all.
(d) They show they belonged to Smith.
7. Where is the small drugstore that is described in part one of In Cold Blood?
(a) Kansas City at Olathe
(b) Holcomb, Kansas
(c) Kansas City at Holcom
(d) Olathe, Texas
8. Which individual is part Cherokee, with dark eyes, and a dark complexion?
(a) Herb Clutter.
(b) Perry Smith.
(c) Kenyon Clutter.
(d) Richard Clutter.
9. In Smith's nightmare, what always saved him in the end?
(a) A green, finch-like bird.
(b) A yellow, finch-like bird.
(c) A green, parrot-like bird.
(d) A yellow, parrot-like bird.
10. Who was the prime suspect for the murders at the end of Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
(a) Bobby Rupp.
(b) Larry Hendricks.
(c) Susan Kidwell.
(d) Richard Hickock.
11. Which term best describes how Dewey described the motive at his first press conference?
(a) Wrapped up in the purchase of the life insurance policy.
12. What activity did Nancy, Kenyon, and Herb do on their final night alive?
(a) Play board games with Bobby.
(b) Bake pies.
(c) Watch TV.
13. What happened to the lodge that Smith and his father built and ran in Alaska?
(a) They sold it to join the Merchant Marines.
(b) It failed.
(c) It fell into the ocean.
(d) His father continued running it without Smith.
14. Who had won blue ribbons for baking pies?
15. Who joined the Merchant Marines?
(a) Smith's mother.
(c) Smith's father.
(d) Smith's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What apparently was used to kill all of the murder victims?
2. Where does the story that In Cold Blood investigates take place?
3. Which of the following was not one of the good qualities Willie Jay saw in Smith?
4. What was the breakfast Herb had on his last day alive?
5. What does a double-indemnity clause mean?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)