|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two states did Smith and Hickock travel through before they made their way to Mexico?
(a) Oklahoma and Texas.
(b) Arizona and Texas.
(c) Arizona and Oklahoma.
(d) New Mexico and Arizona.
2. Why was Hickock sure that Smith would not have any problem with committing the murder?
(a) He thought Smith had murdered before.
(b) Because He himself had no difficulties with it.
(c) It was in the past, and they agreed to never look back.
(d) He knew Smith had no conscious.
3. What was Mr. Helm's job?
(a) Funeral Director.
(c) FBI Agent.
4. What happened to the lodge that Smith and his father built and ran in Alaska?
(a) It failed.
(b) His father continued running it without Smith.
(c) They sold it to join the Merchant Marines.
(d) It fell into the ocean.
5. Which two individual met at the drugstore the night of the murder?
(a) Nancy Clutter and Kenyon Clutter.
(b) Richard Hickock and Kenyon Clutter.
(c) Perry Smith and Richard Hickock.
(d) Perry Smith and Eveanna Clutter.
6. Which of the following was not an event completed by Nancy?
(a) Teaching neighbor girl to bake a cherry pie.
(b) Playing with her cat.
(c) Talking on the phone to her best friend.
(d) Getting gas in her car.
7. About how far away from the Clutter's town is the drug store?
(a) 500 miles.
(b) 450 miles.
(c) 400 miles.
(d) 300 miles.
8. What was one of the former jobs of Alvin Dewey?
(a) Sheriff of Finney County.
(b) Sheriff of Olathe Kansas.
(c) Sheriff of Kansas City.
(d) Mayor of Finney County.
9. What did Smith and Hickock do to a 1949 Chevrolet sedan?
(a) Stole it.
(b) Washed it.
(c) Gave it a tune-up.
(d) Crashed it.
10. Where does the story that In Cold Blood investigates take place?
(a) Holcomb, Kansas.
(b) Finney, Kansas.
(c) Kansas CIty, Texas.
(d) River Valley, Kansas.
11. Who did Agent Dewey believe committed the crime?
(a) A pair of men; one who knew the family and his accomplice.
(b) Bobby Rupp.
(c) A pair of men who did not know the family at all.
(d) A father and son team who had a business transaction with the Clutters.
12. What do the locals describe Herb's wife as suffering from?
(c) Drug addiction.
13. Which kind of treatment did Bonnie receive?
14. The town where the Clutter family lived had a population of about how many?
15. What is the name of the oldest Clutter's child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Clutter spend the majority of her time?
2. What was the purpose of the book, "A History of My Boy's Life"?
3. Who was Nancy's boyfriend?
4. Which term best describes how Dewey described the motive at his first press conference?
5. Which individual in In Cold Blood was an English Teacher?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)