|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a double-indemnity clause mean?
(a) If the person dies by accident, the pay out is doubled.
(b) If the person dies by accident, the pay out is tripled.
(c) If the person dies of a disease, the pay out is doubled.
(d) If the person is murdered, the pay out is tripled.
2. Which of the following was not one of the good qualities Willie Jay saw in Smith?
(b) Explosive emotional reactions.
(c) Poetic imagination.
3. Which of his possessions was beloved by Smith?
(a) Gibson guitar.
4. Which individual is shown to be primarily a schemer and a con man?
(a) Nancy Clutter.
(b) Perry Hickock.
(c) Perry Smith.
(d) Richard Hickock.
5. How did Smith expect to get the money to pay back everyone he and Hickock had conned?
(a) Finding sunken treasure in Mexico.
(b) Traveling across the country.
(c) Money from the murder of the Clutters.
(d) Working hard in Mexico as a mechanic.
6. When did Smith's recurring nightmare begin?
(a) In his late teens.
(b) In childhood.
(c) In jail.
(d) After the murders.
7. What was Smith's sister's name?
8. What happened to the lodge that Smith and his father built and ran in Alaska?
(a) His father continued running it without Smith.
(b) It fell into the ocean.
(c) It failed.
(d) They sold it to join the Merchant Marines.
9. What did Kenyon spend hours in the basement doing?
(b) Baking blueberry pies.
(c) Leading meetings of a variety of school clubs.
(d) Working on his mechanical inventions.
10. Who was the prime suspect for the murders at the end of Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
(a) Richard Hickock.
(b) Susan Kidwell.
(c) Bobby Rupp.
(d) Larry Hendricks.
11. How old was Herb Clutter when he died?
12. When Hickock and Smith went out on the boat, who did not go into the water?
13. Which of the Clutter children was somewhat eccentric?
14. What was one of the former jobs of Alvin Dewey?
(a) Sheriff of Olathe Kansas.
(b) Sheriff of Finney County.
(c) Mayor of Finney County.
(d) Sheriff of Kansas City.
15. Which individual is part Cherokee, with dark eyes, and a dark complexion?
(a) Perry Smith.
(b) Herb Clutter.
(c) Richard Clutter.
(d) Kenyon Clutter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which individual believed that treasure hunting was an unrealistic fantasy?
2. What activity did Nancy, Kenyon, and Herb do on their final night alive?
3. Which two states did Smith and Hickock travel through before they made their way to Mexico?
4. Who joined the Merchant Marines?
5. Who claimed Smith is a good person who had not gotten any breaks?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)