|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did one of the agents find out had a negative business transaction with the Clutters and had made threats toward Herb?
(a) Bobby Rupp.
(b) A pair of men who did not know the family at all.
(c) A pair of men; one who knew the family and his accomplice.
(d) A father and son.
2. Which individual was in a car accident that left his face crooked?
(a) Richard Hickock.
(b) Perry Hickock.
(c) Perry Smith.
(d) Herb Clutter.
3. Which of his possessions was beloved by Smith?
(c) Gibson guitar.
4. What was Smith's sister's name?
5. Why did at least one family decide to leave Holcomb after the murders?
(a) Because they knew someone from Holcomb committed the murder.
(b) Because townsfolk had become gossips.
(c) Because the murders were unsolved.
(d) More murders had been occurring in the town.
6. What did Mr. Helm see in Mrs. Clutter's window?
(b) A ghost.
(c) Someone inside.
(d) A shotgun and knife.
7. Which murder victim did the Sherriff, Mr. Hendricks and Mr. Ewalt find first?
(b) Mrs. Clutter.
(d) Mr. Clutter.
8. Which of the following was not an event completed by Nancy?
(a) Getting gas in her car.
(b) Talking on the phone to her best friend.
(c) Teaching neighbor girl to bake a cherry pie.
(d) Playing with her cat.
9. From which of the following does it say in the book that Herb abstained from?
10. Which two individual met at the drugstore the night of the murder?
(a) Nancy Clutter and Kenyon Clutter.
(b) Richard Hickock and Kenyon Clutter.
(c) Perry Smith and Richard Hickock.
(d) Perry Smith and Eveanna Clutter.
11. When did Smith's recurring nightmare begin?
(a) In childhood.
(b) In his late teens.
(c) In jail.
(d) After the murders.
12. How old was Alvin Adams Dewey in Part 2 of In Cold Blood?
13. Which individual was a rodeo-performer at one time?
(a) Richard Clutter.
(b) Kenyon Clutter.
(c) Nancy Clutter.
(d) Perry Smith.
14. What did Smith and Hickock do to a 1949 Chevrolet sedan?
(a) Gave it a tune-up.
(b) Washed it.
(c) Stole it.
(d) Crashed it.
15. Once Smith and Hickock met on the night of the murders, where did they drive?
(a) To a garage where Smith worked as a mechanic.
(b) To a garage where Hickock worked as a mechanic.
(c) To a car wash.
(d) To Finney County.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was a passing stranger considered a suspect in the Clutter murders?
2. When Hickock and Smith went out on the boat, who did not go into the water?
3. Which term best describes the evidence upon which the case could be built after Dewey first took over the investigation?
4. Where does the story that In Cold Blood investigates take place?
5. What memento did Smith save from his sister?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)