|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claimed Smith should stop blaming everyone else for his problems and accept the responsibility himself?
(c) His father.
2. Which individual believed that treasure hunting was an unrealistic fantasy?
3. Who was the prime suspect for the murders at the end of Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
(a) Richard Hickock.
(b) Bobby Rupp.
(c) Larry Hendricks.
(d) Susan Kidwell.
4. What was the breakfast Herb had on his last day alive?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Cereal and milk.
(c) Oatmeal and juice.
(d) Apple and milk.
5. Which individual in In Cold Blood was an English Teacher?
(a) Larry Jendricks.
(b) Susan Kidwell.
(c) Sheriff Robinson.
(d) Charles Ewalt.
6. Smith had a premonition that what awaited both he and Hickock?
(a) A treasure.
(b) A yellow parrot.
(c) A trap.
(d) A funeral.
7. How old was Richard Hickock the night of the murders?
8. What happened to the lodge that Smith and his father built and ran in Alaska?
(a) It failed.
(b) His father continued running it without Smith.
(c) It fell into the ocean.
(d) They sold it to join the Merchant Marines.
9. Where did Smith and Hickock first hear about their crime after it was commited?
(a) In the newspaper.
(b) From a premonition.
(c) From town gossips.
(d) On the radio.
10. How many people attended the Clutter funeral?
11. Which of the Clutter children did the town believe to be a genius?
12. In Smith's nightmare, what always saved him in the end?
(a) A yellow, parrot-like bird.
(b) A green, finch-like bird.
(c) A green, parrot-like bird.
(d) A yellow, finch-like bird.
13. What did Kenyon spend hours in the basement doing?
(a) Working on his mechanical inventions.
(b) Baking blueberry pies.
(d) Leading meetings of a variety of school clubs.
14. What is the name of the oldest Clutter's child?
15. Which two states did Smith and Hickock travel through before they made their way to Mexico?
(a) Arizona and Oklahoma.
(b) New Mexico and Arizona.
(c) Oklahoma and Texas.
(d) Arizona and Texas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Smith expect to get the money to pay back everyone he and Hickock had conned?
2. What do the locals describe Herb's wife as suffering from?
3. What did Hickock finally admit to Smith about the crime?
4. What did Mr. Helm see in Mrs. Clutter's window?
5. How many of the C;utter children were still living at home at the time of the murders?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)