|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Clutter children did the town believe to be a genius?
2. What did Mr. Helm see in Mrs. Clutter's window?
(a) Someone inside.
(c) A shotgun and knife.
(d) A ghost.
3. Who was the prime suspect for the murders at the end of Part 1 of In Cold Blood?
(a) Bobby Rupp.
(b) Richard Hickock.
(c) Larry Hendricks.
(d) Susan Kidwell.
4. How did Hickock and Smith meet?
(a) At the Clutters' house.
(b) As inmates at the Kansas State Penitentiary.
(c) As inmates at the Texas State Penitentiary.
(d) At the drugstore.
5. What pact did Smith and Hickock make after the murders?
(a) To stay together until the police hunt them down.
(b) To stay apart, no matter what.
(c) To separate and come back together in another country.
(d) To stay together, no matter what.
6. Who lead the investigation into the Clutter murders?
(a) Agent Church.
(b) Agent Nye.
(c) Agent Duntz.
(d) Agent Dewey.
7. How many people had Hickock murdered before the Clutter crime?
8. River Valley Farm did not contain which of the following?
9. What did Hickock finally admit to Smith about the crime?
(a) He was sure the police know it was them.
(b) He had some wrong information about the Clutters.
(c) He left behind evidence that he should not have left behind.
(d) He wanted to separate and go his own way.
10. Why did Smith and Hickock sell their stolen car in Mexico?
(a) Someone offerred them a lot of money for it.
(b) The police were looking for the car.
(c) They were out of money.
(d) It did not work anymore.
11. Who was Nancy's boyfriend?
(a) Perry Smith.
(b) Herb Clutter.
(c) Bobby Rupp.
(d) Richard Hickock.
12. How old was Richard Hickock the night of the murders?
13. How did Smith and Hickock continue to earn money in Mexico?
(a) Hunting for treasure.
(b) Murder for hire.
(c) Writing bad checks.
(d) By selling stolen goods.
14. Which term best describes how Dewey described the motive at his first press conference?
(b) Wrapped up in the purchase of the life insurance policy.
15. Where were Smith and Hickcock trying to go when they came back from the states from Mexico?
(c) Las Vegas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two individual met at the drugstore the night of the murder?
2. Which individual in In Cold Blood was an English Teacher?
3. Why did at least one family decide to leave Holcomb after the murders?
4. Which individual was in a car accident that left his face crooked?
5. Where is the small drugstore that is described in part one of In Cold Blood?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)