|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term best describes the evidence upon which the case could be built after Dewey first took over the investigation?
(a) Little to no evidence.
(b) Clear evidence; it was just a matter of time before an arrest would be made.
(c) He expected to make an arrest within the week.
(d) Overwhelming evidence.
2. What was the first fact that the detectives questioned in Smith's story?
(a) His sister in Fort Scott.
(b) A living witness.
(c) The boots he shipped back from Mexico.
(d) That he tied them up with rope.
3. Who was Nancy's boyfriend?
(a) Richard Hickock.
(b) Herb Clutter.
(c) Perry Smith.
(d) Bobby Rupp.
4. Where was the safe supposed to have been in the Clutter house?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the office.
(d) In the barn.
5. Why was Hickock sure that Smith would not have any problem with committing the murder?
(a) Because He himself had no difficulties with it.
(b) It was in the past, and they agreed to never look back.
(c) He knew Smith had no conscious.
(d) He thought Smith had murdered before.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Smith and Hickock sell their stolen car in Mexico?
2. Which individual in In Cold Blood was an English Teacher?
3. What does a double-indemnity clause mean?
4. According to Floyd, who talked of robbing the Clutters?
5. What did Hickock finally admit to Smith about the crime?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)