|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Richard Hickock the night of the murders?
2. What was the first fact that the detectives questioned in Smith's story?
(a) A living witness.
(b) That he tied them up with rope.
(c) The boots he shipped back from Mexico.
(d) His sister in Fort Scott.
3. When did Smith's recurring nightmare begin?
(a) In jail.
(b) In his late teens.
(c) After the murders.
(d) In childhood.
4. Where did Smith's sister live in Part 3 of In Cold Blood?
(a) North of Las Vegas.
(b) North of San Francisco.
(c) North of Fort Scott.
(d) North of Kansas City.
5. How did Floyd Wells hear about the Clutter murders?
(a) He read about it in the newspaper.
(b) He heard it on the radio.
(c) He heard it on the television.
(d) He heard it from neighbors gossiping.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Part 3 of In Cold Blood, what did Hickock and Smith pick up as they drove to Las Vegas?
2. Which term best describes the evidence upon which the case could be built after Dewey first took over the investigation?
3. How did Hickock and Smith meet?
4. Why was a passing stranger considered a suspect in the Clutter murders?
5. What pact did Smith and Hickock make after the murders?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)