|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did at least one family decide to leave Holcomb after the murders?
(a) Because they knew someone from Holcomb committed the murder.
(b) Because the murders were unsolved.
(c) More murders had been occurring in the town.
(d) Because townsfolk had become gossips.
2. How much was the life insurance police that Herb Clutter took out worth?
3. What is the largest town near Holcomb?
(a) Garden City.
(c) Hartman's City.
(d) Kansas City.
4. What did Hickock finally admit to Smith about the crime?
(a) He wanted to separate and go his own way.
(b) He left behind evidence that he should not have left behind.
(c) He was sure the police know it was them.
(d) He had some wrong information about the Clutters.
5. On what day did the events described in part one of In Cold Blood take place?
(a) November 15, 1950.
(b) December 15, 1950.
(c) December 15, 1959.
(d) November 15, 1959.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the former jobs of Alvin Dewey?
2. Who had won blue ribbons for baking pies?
3. What did Hickock know would make Smith the perfect partner for this criminal activity?
4. Where did Mrs. Clutter spend the majority of her time?
5. About how far away from the Clutter's town is the drug store?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)