|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term best describes the evidence upon which the case could be built after Dewey first took over the investigation?
(a) Overwhelming evidence.
(b) Clear evidence; it was just a matter of time before an arrest would be made.
(c) Little to no evidence.
(d) He expected to make an arrest within the week.
2. In Smith's nightmare, what always saved him in the end?
(a) A yellow, parrot-like bird.
(b) A green, parrot-like bird.
(c) A yellow, finch-like bird.
(d) A green, finch-like bird.
3. What type of injury did Hickock's father say was the cause of Hickock's problems with the law?
(b) Football injury.
(d) Car accident.
4. Which murder victim did the Sherriff, Mr. Hendricks and Mr. Ewalt find first?
(a) Mr. Clutter.
(d) Mrs. Clutter.
5. Where was Floyd Wells when he heard about the Clutter murders?
(a) At the post office in Olathe.
(b) In his jail cell in the Texas State Penitentiary.
(c) In his jail cell in the Kansas State Penitentiary.
(d) On the River Valley Farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who concluded that Smith and his sister could have no relationship?
2. Who did Agent Dewey believe committed the crime?
3. What apparently was used to kill all of the murder victims?
4. Where did Hickock's father say that his son and Smith had gone when they left town?
5. How many years passed before Hickock and Smith were executed?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)