|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Agent Dewey unable to sleep while working on the Clutter case?
(a) His mind was always on the Clutter case.
(b) His agents needed his attention at night.
(c) His wife complained about how much time he was working.
(d) He was hunting for Smith and Hickock.
2. What pact did Smith and Hickock make after the murders?
(a) To stay apart, no matter what.
(b) To stay together until the police hunt them down.
(c) To separate and come back together in another country.
(d) To stay together, no matter what.
3. What did Hickock know would make Smith the perfect partner for this criminal activity?
(a) Poetic imagination.
(c) Explosive emotional reactions.
4. What did Hickock finally admit to Smith about the crime?
(a) He wanted to separate and go his own way.
(b) He left behind evidence that he should not have left behind.
(c) He was sure the police know it was them.
(d) He had some wrong information about the Clutters.
5. From which of the following does it say in the book that Herb abstained from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who worked together to interview Smith in the Las Vegas jail?
2. What apparently was used to kill all of the murder victims?
3. What happened to the passing stranger who was considered a suspect in the Clutter murders?
4. Why did Smith ask for an aspirin during the interrogation in a Las Vegas jail?
5. Which term best describes how Dewey described the motive at his first press conference?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)