* The reader is introduced to the individuals involved in this non-fiction story.
* Mr. Clutter, frugal and no nonsense, led a simple life in all ways, including not carrying cash. He bought additional life insurance on the last day of his life.
* Mrs. Clutter suffered from severe depression and spent most of her time in bed, hiding from the world.
* Nancy Clutter was a 16-year-old straight-A-student who was dating a local boy named Bobby Rupp.
* Kenyon Clutter was perhaps a genius 15-year-old boy who spent most of his time building mechanical inventions.
* Two other individuals, Perry Smith and Richard Hickock were driving toward the Clutters' home with the implied intent of killing them.
* The Clutters had a typical day, not knowing it was the last day of their lives.
* The next morning, Sunday, the Clutters were found dead by Nancy Clutter's friends (Nancy Ewalt and Susan Kidwell) who...
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)