Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is exceptional about the creature mentioned in question 89?
2. What does Eagleman think is a good model for how the brain works?
3. What studies does Eagleman look at in this chapter?
4. Who is Charles Whitman?
5. What does Eagleton think many sub-routines of our mind are doing?
Eagleman gives the reader an overview of his ideas about success in Incognito. Discuss one of the following:
1. Discuss Eagleman's opinions of three topics he discussed in relation to the brain. Do you agree or disagree with him? Why? Use examples from Incognito to support your answer.
2. Compare and contrast Eagleman's opinions from Incognito with what you might imagine Eagleman's opinion might be had he lived 100 years ago. How do you think his opinions would change? Would they remain the same? Explain fully. Use examples from Incognito to support your answer.
3. Discuss how you think Eagleman's view on several topics from this essay informs his life as a researcher. Use examples from Incognito to support your answer.
There are a number of interesting questions raised by Incognito. Questions that Eagleman most likely want readers to consider and think through carefully. Discuss the following:
1. What does the term "author agenda" mean?
2. Name one idea/concept you think may have been a part of the Eagleman's agenda. Analyze that idea throughout the book and discuss Wilson's probable agenda concerning that idea.
2. Do you think writers who have an agenda for writing should point it out in a preface?
3. How often do you think fiction is written with a clear agenda in mind by the author?
4. Research the life of Eagleman and see if/where his life may have influenced his writing.
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful work of non-fiction?
2. Analyze and discuss The Hand based upon the criteria you decide upon in #1 and judge if Incognito is a successful work of non-fiction/memoir.
3. Is The Hand a book you would recommend to a friend? Why or why not? Explain.
4. Can a non-fictional book be successful and yet many readers not enjoy it? Explain your response.
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)