Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is exceptional about the creature mentioned in question 89?
2. What does Eagleman think is a good model for how the brain works?
3. What studies does Eagleman look at in this chapter?
4. Who is Charles Whitman?
5. What does Eagleton think many sub-routines of our mind are doing?
Often, authors will write about "what they know," and sometimes knowing a little about the author makes the books more interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Research and give a brief biographical sketch of Eagleman.
2. What in Eagleman's background may have helped him in writing Incognito? What may have influenced the way he depicts various characters and scenes?
3. Do you think there is always some of the author's own life in his/her books? Why or why not? Give examples.
Eagleman in writing about Mel Gibson cites anti-Semitism was demonstrated by Gibson. Discuss one of the following:
1. Define anti-Semitism and give examples of it from both Incognito and other sources.
2. Do you think anti-Semitism still exists in the United States? Explain.
3. Discuss the idea put forth by Eagleman that Mel Gibson may have two brains, one not prejudice and one that is. Use examples from Incognito to support your answer.
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think Incognito is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)