|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author call self-healing material?
(a) Internal organs.
(b) The skin.
(c) The brain.
2. What is difficult to do when it comes to sorting young chickens?
(a) Determining sex.
(b) Keeping the chickens grouped.
(c) Catching a chicken if it gets loose.
(d) Keeping the mother from pecking you.
3. What illustrations does Eagleman present to show the concept from question 44?
(a) Illustrations of the eye structure.
(b) Illustrations of optical illusions.
(c) Illustrations of how the eye can move too fast to be accurate.
(d) Illustrations of pictures within pictures.
4. How often does one cell send something to other cells?
(a) At least daily.
(b) A few times an hour.
(c) Hundreds of times per second.
(d) Whenever it has the energy to do so.
5. What are those people called who sort out baby chickens by their gender?
(c) Chicken sexers.
(d) They do not have a name.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many connections does a typical neuron make to neighboring neurons?
2. When an action becomes automatic, what part of the brain is controlling it?
3. What does Eagleman say can get in the way of our efficiency?
4. What was disorienting for May?
5. What does the author say lies underneath one's exterior looks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mike May adjust to his regained sight?
2. What ways can our vision be fooled?
3. Who is Mike May and what happens to him?
4. What does Eagleman say the experiment with the photographs of women illustrates?
5. How can the brain see without eyes and what is one way this is possible?
6. What is seeing and what is the most important aspect of seeing?
7. Why does Eagleman say it is not correct to change lanes by turning the wheel right and then straightening it out?
8. What is one way to measure how our unconscious minds affect our conscious thinking without our even knowing it?
9. Explain the example of the chicken sexers that Eagleman discusses.
10. Why is it an advantage to be able to do things without the use of the conscious mind?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)