|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 The Brain Is a Team of Rivals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does May first react to his new sight?
(a) Since he had seen when he was younger, it was no big deal.
(b) He blinds himself again.
(c) He is elated and awed.
(d) He is unable to make sense of what he sees.
2. What was disorienting for May?
(a) The way shapes affected the appearance of colors.
(b) The way steps seemed unattached to the earth.
(c) The sudden shift of objects in his visual field when he turned his head.
(d) The way colors affected the appearance of shapes.
3. How do the eyes of blind people who recover their sight work compared to persons who are sighted since birth?
(a) The formerly blind person's eyes often only work in strong light.
(b) The eyes both work the same in both groups.
(c) The person who is sighted from birth can see better in low light.
(d) The formerly blind person's eyes often do not work in tandem.
4. What happens to May after some time of having his sight back?
(a) He learns to interpret the world around him except for objects in the distance.
(b) He learns to make sense of the visual world.
(c) He never really adjusts and went to wearing a mask over his eyes.
(d) He makes sense of the world in a different way than lifelong sighted people.
5. What can insects do that human beings cannot do?
(a) They can hear light as well as see it.
(b) Insects can see wavelengths we cannot see.
(c) They can see both sound and light.
(d) They can see the entire spectrum of light.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do hallways challenge May when he regains his sight?
2. What tells us that we experience the world as it actually exists?
3. What does the author say lies underneath one's exterior looks?
4. What does the author call self-healing material?
5. What is the consistency of the brain?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)