|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 Mind: The Gap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far in the past do we actually "live"?
(a) Sometimes up to a minute.
(b) A few milliseconds.
(c) We actually live slightly into the future.
(d) A second or two.
2. Of what are we unconscious when we move an arm?
(a) If our brain or eyes initiated the move.
(b) If the arm moved before or after we thought about moving it.
(c) Why we moved the arm.
(d) The flurry of neural impulses that caused the arm to move.
3. At what age does Mike May lose his vision?
4. How does May first react to his new sight?
(a) He is elated and awed.
(b) He is unable to make sense of what he sees.
(c) Since he had seen when he was younger, it was no big deal.
(d) He blinds himself again.
5. When does the conscious mind actively train the unconscious mind?
(a) When the unconscious mind shows signs of dysfunction.
(b) When the conscious mind shows signs of dysfunction.
(c) When there is a complicated task to learn.
(d) When there is a repetitive task to learn that the unconscious can do efficently.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the amount of brain effort that vision uses indicate about vision?
2. What is meant by "implicit egotism"?
3. To what does Eagleman compare consciousness?
4. What were men asked to rate in an experiment the author cites?
5. What does the device that takes visual input through a camera and translate it into impulses do?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)