|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 Mind: The Gap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do dilated eyes have to do with the experiment the author mentions?
(a) The men were more attracted to women with dilated eyes.
(b) Dilated eyes have nothing to do with the experiment.
(c) It is a way to tell if the participant is looking directly at the computer screen.
(d) It is a measure of the light used.
2. How do sorters learn to do their job?
(a) By watching experts sort.
(b) By an expert sorter correcting a novice.
(c) By reading a how-to book.
(d) By studying videos of how to sort.
3. What does the device that takes visual input through a camera and translate it into impulses do?
(a) It is a means of giving a computer "sight."
(b) It enables the brain to see without eyes.
(c) It demonstrates the mechanics of sight.
(d) There is no such machine.
4. How is what a person likes determined?
(a) Largely by unconscious thinking.
(b) There is no way to know that.
(c) By careful consideration of the conscious mind with input from the unconscious mind.
(d) Largely by conscious thinking.
5. What is the point of the exercise Eagleman has readers perform?
(a) To see how many will accept directions from a book.
(b) To show that scribing geometric forms without a point of reference is almost impossible.
(c) To show that the eyes visualize one thing while the brain carries it out another way.
(d) To understand the we do many things unconsciously that are difficult to recreate with the conscious mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do major league baseball players begin their swing while batting?
2. What would happen if the people actually performed this motion in reality?
3. What are those people called who sort out baby chickens by their gender?
4. How much of our brain is devoted to sight?
5. What tells us that we experience the world as it actually exists?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)