|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 Mind: The Gap.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what number range does the author say the brain cells count?
(a) Hundreds of billions.
(b) Trillions of trillions.
(c) Hundreds of trillions.
(d) Hundreds of thousands.
2. What indicates a state of sexual arousal in women?
(a) Dilated eyes.
(b) Closed eyes.
(c) It varies individual to individual.
(d) Lack of focus.
3. What do our conscious minds remain unaware of in the analogy Eagleman offers?
(a) The way the images are bounced through the mind like light in a camera.
(b) The way the images fit together.
(c) The full story.
(d) The way the images are recorded as fact but much more exists that the video camera does not capture.
4. Of what is the phenomenon of depth being stimulated on a flat page an example?
(a) The hand is quicker than the eye.
(b) Optical illusions.
(d) Third dimension painting.
5. What does an experiment that has people associate words such as "like" or "dislike" measure?
(a) Preferences for certain flavors of ice cream
(b) Preferences for certain cars.
(c) Prejudicial feelings about people from certain countries.
(d) Prejudicial feelings about different reaces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say lies underneath one's exterior looks?
2. What are two examples of optical illusions?
3. What does Eagleman say is the correct way to do this motion?
4. How far in the past do we actually "live"?
5. How does the author describe parts of the brain?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)