|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Testimony of the Senses: What Is Experience Really Like?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tells us that we experience the world as it actually exists?
(a) Our intuition.
(b) Our knowledge.
(c) Our senses.
(d) Our previous experiences.
2. At what age does Mike May lose his vision?
3. By what are thoughts underpinned?
(a) Electrical waves.
(b) Physical stuff.
4. What does Alberts record?
(a) The sounds of many bird species.
(b) The sounds of the insect world of Africa.
(c) African music.
(d) The sounds of the lions.
5. How does the author describe parts of the brain?
(a) As self-configuring.
(b) As radically different one from the other.
(c) As discrete units that can be individually programmed.
(d) As independent of each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does one cell send something to other cells?
2. What does Eagleman say seeing is?
3. Why did the subjects say about why they chose the pictures of the women that they did?
4. What do dilated eyes have to do with the experiment the author mentions?
5. What do most of us notice in the world around us?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)