|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 There's Someone In My Head, But It's Not Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what are innumerable facets of ourselves linked?
(a) The circulatory system.
(b) The heart and brain.
(c) The nervous system.
(d) The limbic system.
2. About how many pounds does a brain weigh?
3. Why did the subjects say about why they chose the pictures of the women that they did?
(a) The men were not asked why they chose the pictures.
(b) They had various reasons but none mentioned dilated eyes.
(c) All the men mentioned the dilated eyes.
(d) Only two mentioned that they thought women's eyes were sexier dilated.
4. What is another type of brain cell?
5. What does each brain cell send to other cells?
(a) Electrical impulses.
(b) Messages for interpretation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the consistency of the brain?
2. How does the author refer to the brain?
3. In what number range does the author say the brain cells count?
4. What indicates a state of sexual arousal in women?
5. How many connections does a typical neuron make to neighboring neurons?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)