|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 Why Blameworthiness Is the Wrong Question.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what was Alex suffering at the time?
(b) Serious headaches.
(c) Delusions of grandeur.
2. When does the conscious mind actively train the unconscious mind?
(a) When the unconscious mind shows signs of dysfunction.
(b) When the conscious mind shows signs of dysfunction.
(c) When there is a repetitive task to learn that the unconscious can do efficently.
(d) When there is a complicated task to learn.
3. What does Eagleman think is a good model for how the brain works?
(a) A theory called particulate mentality.
(b) A theory called science of mentality.
(c) A concept call indiscriminate separation.
(d) A concept called society of mind.
4. What is the significant fact in the two showings to the men?
(a) The men invariably chose the same in either situation.
(b) The men invariably chose differently in each situation.
(c) The men seemed to randomly choose preferences no matter the amount of time exposed to the images.
(d) It has little to do with appearance, but more to do with the time they had to look at the pictures.
5. How much of the wavelengths of light do our eyes see?
(a) Mostly the middle 1/3.
(b) Mostly the bands at either end.
(c) Most of it.
(d) Only a small portion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were men asked to rate in an experiment the author cites?
2. What are our brains wired to do as far as complicated tasks are concerned?
3. How do most people perform the motion on question number 62?
4. What happens to May after some time of having his sight back?
5. What argument does Eagleman say he is not making?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)