|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Testimony of the Senses: What Is Experience Really Like?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what number range does the author say the brain cells count?
(a) Hundreds of billions.
(b) Trillions of trillions.
(c) Hundreds of thousands.
(d) Hundreds of trillions.
2. When does Arthur Alberts travel from New York to Africa?
3. What does Eagleman say has happened to complicated processes in his analogy of consciousness?
(a) They have been jumbled into split images.
(b) The processes have been compressed into headlines.
(c) They have been compressed from novels to short stores.
(d) They have been compressed to dots.
4. Of what is the phenomenon of depth being stimulated on a flat page an example?
(b) Optical illusions.
(c) The hand is quicker than the eye.
(d) Third dimension painting.
5. What does Alberts record?
(a) African music.
(b) The sounds of the insect world of Africa.
(c) The sounds of the lions.
(d) The sounds of many bird species.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does one cell send something to other cells?
2. What does each brain cell send to other cells?
3. How do the eyes of blind people who recover their sight work compared to persons who are sighted since birth?
4. About how many pounds does a brain weigh?
5. What does Eagleman say seeing is?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)