|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 Why Blameworthiness Is the Wrong Question.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What studies does Eagleman look at in this chapter?
(a) Studies about how one distinguishes one taste from another.
(b) Studies that look at what people seem to find attractive in others.
(c) Studies about how the brain processes input.
(d) Studies about how one distinguishes one smell from another.
2. Of what is the phenomenon of depth being stimulated on a flat page an example?
(a) Third dimension painting.
(b) Optical illusions.
(c) The hand is quicker than the eye.
3. What were men then shown for a longer period of time?
(a) Pictures of cars with women beside them.
(b) Colors splashed randomly on the paper.
(c) The same pictures of the women.
(d) Pictures of abstract figures that resembled the female figure.
4. What does Eagleton point out in the beginning of the chapter about our senses?
(a) They only exist to serve the mind.
(b) They only exist to serve the body.
(c) They are limited.
(d) They are an illusion.
5. What were men first shown briefly?
(a) Abstract figures.
(b) Colors lined up in various orders.
(c) Pictures of women.
(d) Pictures of cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eagleman say a man named Alex started demonstrating?
2. How does Eagleman compare the conscious mind to the senses in a human being?
3. What does Eagleman say we cannot choose?
4. What can insects do that human beings cannot do?
5. Who cannot immediately discern depth and movement as someone who has had vision since birth?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)