Chapter 1 There's Someone In My Head, But It's Not Me
• The brain contains hundreds of billions of neurons which form thousands of connections with other neurons.
• Much of what happens inside the brain is a mystery. We are limited by our conscious mind in understanding what goes on in our unconscious mind.
• When shown photos of women men were asked which they found to be more attractive. None of the men could articulate why they felt that way.
• This illustrates the disconnected relationship between the conscious and unconscious mind.
• Our conscious mind represents only a small part of our brain activity. Baseball players must begin their swing before they can process the image of the approaching ball.
• Like the earth revolving around the sun, our conscious mind revolves around the unconscious, which is really the center of our universe.
• If we actually understand or at least acknowledge the...
This section contains 2,039 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)