|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges for Linda's escape?
2. How does Ellen fare while Linda is in England?
3. Who does Mr. Bruce want Linda to accompany to England?
4. Why does Linda no longer want to buy her freedom from the Flints/Dodges?
5. What is the occupation of the character Linda meets soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
Essay Topic 1
What are the positive and negative aspects of the church's roles in slavery?
Essay Topic 2
Define irony and list 5-10 examples of irony from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Linda needed a strong support system in order to make it through her ordeal. Using examples from the text, describe Linda's support system. How is her support system different in the North versus the one she has in the South?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)