Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For approximately how many years does Linda stay in hiding before an opportunity to escape arises?
2. When Linda goes into hiding in Boston, who lives with her there?
3. Why is Linda overwhelmed by the big city sights and sounds?
4. Linda receives a letter from her legal owner shortly after her return from England. Who is Linda's legal owner?
5. Which character dies while Linda is in hiding in Boston?
Essay Topic 1
Linda Brent chooses to run away from her Master/Mistress. Is this decision selfish? How does Jacobs' choice affect her family and her children? Is it fair to her children for Linda to hide from them for nearly seven years? Use details from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In the Introduction and Appendix, friends of Harriet Jacobs wrote statements confirming that all the events in the story were true and accurate. Why does Jacobs need this affirmation? Why don't people of Jacobs' era believe that the text is an autobiography?
Essay Topic 3
Define irony and list 5-10 examples of irony from the text.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)