Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For approximately how many years does Linda stay in hiding before an opportunity to escape arises?
2. When Linda goes into hiding in Boston, who lives with her there?
3. Why is Linda overwhelmed by the big city sights and sounds?
4. Linda receives a letter from her legal owner shortly after her return from England. Who is Linda's legal owner?
5. Which character dies while Linda is in hiding in Boston?
Linda needed a strong support system in order to make it through her ordeal. Using examples from the text, describe Linda's support system. How is her support system different in the North versus the one she has in the South?
In the story, Jacobs provides a sequence of events from her life. Using details from the text, supply 10-20 events from Jacobs' life in sequential order.
In the first several chapters of the text, Linda describes several of Dr. Flint's unwanted advances and she explains that she longs to remain pure and virtuous. In later chapters, Linda is still trying to avoid Dr. Flint's advances. Using examples from the text, explain why Dr. Flint's sexual advances eventually produce a change in Linda, causing her to go from protecting herself to protecting her children.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)