|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ellen send to finish her schooling?
2. Where does Mrs. Flint want Aunt Nancy buried?
3. Which character dies while Linda is in hiding in Boston?
4. What city is the first stop on Linda's trip to England?
5. What horrific truth does Linda learn about Ellen's situation with the Hobbs'?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the text, Linda paints a portrait of how Caucasian women were treated and how African-American women were treated by society, families, and slaveholders. Using examples from the text, show how each ethic group was repressed and compare/contrast how they were treated.
Essay Topic 2
Linda is distraught when her Aunt Nancy suddenly dies. Linda claims that her Aunt Nancy was 'slowly murdered' from overwork and neglect. What are some of the effects of overwork and neglect on the body that were discussed in class?
Essay Topic 3
A common theme in anti-slavery text is an uneducated slave outwitting an educated Master. In what ways is this theme represented in "Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl"?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)