|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For approximately how many years does Linda stay in hiding before an opportunity to escape arises?
2. When Linda goes into hiding in Boston, who lives with her there?
3. Why is Linda overwhelmed by the big city sights and sounds?
4. Linda receives a letter from her legal owner shortly after her return from England. Who is Linda's legal owner?
5. Which character dies while Linda is in hiding in Boston?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the story, Linda wanted to buy her freedom from the Flint family, but at the end Linda was upset when Mrs. Bruce bought Linda her freedom. What events in Linda's life cause her to change her opinion? Can human beings really belong to someone else?
Essay Topic 2
The Underground Railroad was an important infrastructure during Linda's era and during slavery in general. Although it was not mentioned specifically in the text, it did play an important role in Linda's escape. Citing examples from class discussions and research, describe the Underground Railroad and the importance of it during the slavery era. Determine how Linda used the Underground Railroad.
Essay Topic 3
Linda is distraught when her Aunt Nancy suddenly dies. Linda claims that her Aunt Nancy was 'slowly murdered' from overwork and neglect. What are some of the effects of overwork and neglect on the body that were discussed in class?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)