Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For approximately how many years does Linda stay in hiding before an opportunity to escape arises?
2. When Linda goes into hiding in Boston, who lives with her there?
3. Why is Linda overwhelmed by the big city sights and sounds?
4. Linda receives a letter from her legal owner shortly after her return from England. Who is Linda's legal owner?
5. Which character dies while Linda is in hiding in Boston?
Essay Topic 1
In the Introduction and Appendix, friends of Harriet Jacobs wrote statements confirming that all the events in the story were true and accurate. Why does Jacobs need this affirmation? Why don't people of Jacobs' era believe that the text is an autobiography?
Essay Topic 2
A common theme in anti-slavery text is an uneducated slave outwitting an educated Master. In what ways is this theme represented in "Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl"?
Essay Topic 3
In one of his letters to Linda, Dr. Flint claims that he has never, nor would never go through any attempts to capture Linda and return her to slavery. Linda and the reader know otherwise. What are some of the attempts Dr. Flint uses to try and capture Linda? Why does Dr. Flint lie?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)