|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the character in question #105 feel any pity for Linda when told about Linda's living conditions for the past several years?
2. Who does Mr. Bruce want Linda to accompany to England?
3. Who writes Emily Flint's letter to Linda?
4. What one lie does the author point out in the letter from Emily?
5. What city is the first stop on Linda's trip to England?
Essay Topic 1
When Linda flees North she discovers that racial prejudice resides there as well as in the South. Define prejudice and describe how it affected Linda's life.
Essay Topic 2
The Underground Railroad was an important infrastructure during Linda's era and during slavery in general. Although it was not mentioned specifically in the text, it did play an important role in Linda's escape. Citing examples from class discussions and research, describe the Underground Railroad and the importance of it during the slavery era. Determine how Linda used the Underground Railroad.
Essay Topic 3
A common theme throughout the text was Linda's fear. She had several fears, such as avoiding Dr. Flint's sexual advances. What are some of Linda's other fears throughout her life?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)