Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For approximately how many years does Linda stay in hiding before an opportunity to escape arises?
2. When Linda goes into hiding in Boston, who lives with her there?
3. Why is Linda overwhelmed by the big city sights and sounds?
4. Linda receives a letter from her legal owner shortly after her return from England. Who is Linda's legal owner?
5. Which character dies while Linda is in hiding in Boston?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 9, the author introduces the reader to some of the trials of a slave. Pick either a cruel or kind slaveholder and then list some of the qualities of that master. Then describe some of the trials a slave might or might not face living with either a cruel or kind slaveholder.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the text and discussion, list 10-20 ways that the slaveholders controlled their slaves.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter One, Childhood, Ms. Brent describes the events of her childhood. Using the text to support your answer, why does the author feel that her childhood is an unusually happy one? Are there any incidents that could refute this claim?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)