|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Dr. Flint is still determined to have his way with Linda. What plan does he devise to remove Linda from the watchful eyes of those who love her?
2. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
3. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
4. Why doesn't Linda tell her family about her hiding place?
5. What does Linda take from her grandmother's house to make it appear as though she has run up North?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some of the instances that occur on Mr. Litch's plantation.
2. In Chapter Two, Linda is sent to live with the Flints. Compare and contrast how the Flint household differs or is similar to Linda's first mistress' house.
3. Why is this book an important piece of American literature?
4. How does Mrs. Flint react when Linda tells her of Dr. Flint's advances?
5. Describe in detail who comes to tend to Aunt Marthy when she is very ill.
6. List three to five examples of how slaves are humiliated and degraded by the slavery system.
7. How does Benny justify that there must be a Santa Claus when another child tells him that Santa is fake?
8. Describe William's feelings toward Mr. Sands.
9. Why is Linda pained to know that her child is Dr. Flint's slave?
10. How does Mrs. Sands react when she finds out the relationship between Mr. Sands and Benny and Ellen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the story, Jacobs provides a sequence of events from her life. Using details from the text, supply 10-20 events from Jacobs' life in sequential order.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the text and discussion, list 10-20 ways that the slaveholders controlled their slaves.
Essay Topic 3
A common theme in anti-slavery text is an uneducated slave outwitting an educated Master. In what ways is this theme represented in "Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl"?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)