|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Linda hears that someone from her hometown is coming to find her, where does Linda flee?
2. After Linda's reprimands, where does she begin having her meals?
(a) In the 'Jim Crowe' cars.
(c) Linda stopped eating.
(d) In her room.
3. What does the letter from Linda's legal owner state?
(a) That Aunt Marthy was returned to slavery.
(b) That she was 'cordially invited' to join them on their plantation in Virgina.
(c) That Linda was no longer a slave.
(d) That Benny and Ellen had been captured and sold.
4. Who does Linda meet soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(b) Reverend Durham.
(c) Ellen Brett.
(d) Mr. Sands.
5. What information does Linda tell Mrs. Bruce before she leaves the family?
(a) That Mr. Sands was her childrens' father.
(b) That she was Ellen's mother.
(c) The she stole money from them.
(d) That she was a fugitive slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes Emily Flint's letter to Linda?
2. What country is Linda's new employer from?
3. Why is Linda upset by some of Benny's remarks when he arrives in Boston?
4. How does Ellen fare while Linda is in England?
5. In what year is the appendix written?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)