|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Linda has to go into hiding after The Fugitive Slave Law is enacted, whom does she take with her for protection?
(c) The Bruce's baby.
2. What country is Linda's new employer from?
3. Who is finally able to purchase Linda's freedom for her?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Mrs. Bruce.
4. Where is Ellen send to finish her schooling?
(a) A boarding school in Virgina.
(b) A boarding school in New York.
(c) A boarding school in Boston.
(d) A boarding school in England.
5. After Linda's reprimands, where does she begin having her meals?
(a) In her room.
(b) Linda stopped eating.
(d) In the 'Jim Crowe' cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Linda about the Flints/Dodges?
2. In what part of New York does Linda meet up with Ellen?
3. Who offers to pay for Ellen's schooling?
4. How does the escaped slave that Linda runs into procure funds to escape from slavery?
5. How do Linda and the appendix writer meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe in detail Linda's first meeting with Ellen in New York.
2. Using details from the story to support your answer, describe why Linda awoke when she heard the fire alarms going off.
3. What are some of the reasons why Linda does not want to part from Ellen when Ellen has the opportunity to go to boarding school?
4. After Aunt Nancy's untimely death, how does Mrs. Flint react?
5. Providing detail from the text, describe Ellen's thoughts about her father.
6. Using the text to support your answer, describe Benny's first reaction to the North.
7. What are some of the hardships Aunt Nancy has to endure while being a slave in the Flint household?
8. Describe how Mrs. Bruce reacts when she finds out that Linda is a fugitive slave.
9. Between trips with the Bruces, Linda goes to visit Ellen. She meets Ellen on the street and Ellen informs her that Mr. Thorpe is now staying with the Hobbs'. Why is Linda afraid of Mr. Thorpe?
10. Using details from the text, describe the plan Peter has for Linda's escape.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)