|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays the expenses for Aunt Nancy's funeral?
(a) Mrs. Flint.
(b) Uncle Phillip.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
2. Who writes the appendix?
(a) Linda Brett.
(b) Amy Post.
(c) Harriet Jacobs.
(d) William Brett.
3. After Linda's meeting with Ellen, whom does she begin looking for?
(a) Her uncle, Benjamin.
(b) Her son, Benny.
(c) Her brother, William.
(d) Her friend, Fanny.
4. Why doesn't the character in question #105 feel any pity for Linda when told about Linda's living conditions for the past several years?
(a) Benny did not pity Linda because he was angry at his mother for hiding from him.
(b) Fanny did not pity Linda because Fanny was upset to never have the opporunity to see her children again.
(c) William did not pity Linda because he had much harder trials in slavery then she did.
(d) Ellen did not pity Linda because she was mad at Linda for not telling her where she was hiding.
5. What city is the first stop on Linda's trip to England?
(a) South Wales.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Linda has made several attempts to avoid this person at the Hobbs' house, who requests to see her?
2. While in Steventon, Linda witnesses severe poverty that she's never seen before. Although Linda feels sorry for these people, she also believes that they are lucky. Why does Linda feel this way?
3. Who is unable to attend Aunt Nancy's funeral?
4. When Linda goes into hiding in Boston, who lives with her there?
5. After Linda receives the letter from the Flints, who comes to New York to look for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. While walking on the street, Linda runs into an old friend from her hometown. His name is Luke and he's had a particularly hard life as a slave. What are some of the hardships Luke has to endure?
2. Why does Amy Post write the appendix for Linda?
3. What conditions force Linda to remain separated from her children?
4. Describe in detail the similarities and differences between Steventon and slavery.
5. What are some of the hardships Aunt Nancy has to endure while being a slave in the Flint household?
6. After Aunt Nancy's untimely death, how does Mrs. Flint react?
7. Using details from the text, describe why Fanny does not pity Linda.
8. Providing detail from the text, describe Ellen's thoughts about her father.
9. Describe in detail the letter that Emily Flint sends to Linda.
10. To what lengths does Mrs. Bruce go to keep Linda employed?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)