|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries Linda about the Flints/Dodges?
(a) That they are so well aware of her actions.
(b) That they are offering her her freedom.
(c) That they want to come visit her in Boston.
(d) That they plan to sell her children.
2. Why doesn't the character in question #105 feel any pity for Linda when told about Linda's living conditions for the past several years?
(a) William did not pity Linda because he had much harder trials in slavery then she did.
(b) Benny did not pity Linda because he was angry at his mother for hiding from him.
(c) Ellen did not pity Linda because she was mad at Linda for not telling her where she was hiding.
(d) Fanny did not pity Linda because Fanny was upset to never have the opporunity to see her children again.
3. What group of people does Linda's host introduce her to in order to help her continue her journey to New York?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The anti-slavery society.
(d) The underground railroad society.
4. Who is Mr. Thorpe grateful to for bestowing kindness onto him?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Mrs. Hobbs.
5. What is the name of the escaped slave that Linda runs into on the streets of New York, that is also from her hometown?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the author of the appendix related to the author of the story?
2. Who is unable to attend Aunt Nancy's funeral?
3. Although Linda is saddened by the thought of sending her daughter off to boarding school, why does she still allow her to go?
4. What obstacle does Linda face at her new job that is remedied by her new employer?
5. What country is Linda's new employer from?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)