|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For approximately how many years does Linda stay in hiding before an opportunity to escape arises?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 5 years.
2. When Linda goes into hiding in Boston, who lives with her there?
(a) Mrs. Bruce.
(d) Both of her children.
3. Why is Linda overwhelmed by the big city sights and sounds?
(a) Linda is sick and needs rest.
(b) This is Linda's first trip to a big city.
(c) Linda is afraid she will be spotted by a slave hunter.
(d) Linda is not overwhelmed.
4. Linda receives a letter from her legal owner shortly after her return from England. Who is Linda's legal owner?
(a) Mr. Thorpe.
(b) Dr. Flint.
(c) Mrs. Flint.
(d) Mrs. Emily Dodge.
5. Which character dies while Linda is in hiding in Boston?
(b) Mrs. Bruce.
(c) Aunt Nancy.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes Emily Flint's letter to Linda?
2. Why is Linda upset by some of Benny's remarks when he arrives in Boston?
3. Who does Mr. Bruce want Linda to accompany to England?
4. Where do William and Benny decide to move after Linda returns from England?
5. Who is Mr. Thorpe grateful to for bestowing kindness onto him?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)