|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
(a) At midmight.
(b) In the early morning.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) In the middle of the night.
2. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
3. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
(b) New York.
4. Who does not remember Linda?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Mr. Sands.
5. Who does Linda send to try to dissuade Mr. Sands from his plans for her children?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
2. What is posted within 24 hours of Linda's disappearance?
3. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
4. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
5. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Between trips with the Bruces, Linda goes to visit Ellen. She meets Ellen on the street and Ellen informs her that Mr. Thorpe is now staying with the Hobbs'. Why is Linda afraid of Mr. Thorpe?
2. What are some of the hardships Aunt Nancy has to endure while being a slave in the Flint household?
3. To what lengths does Mrs. Bruce go to keep Linda employed?
4. Why is Linda ashamed to have her children baptized in the church?
5. Why is Linda pained to know that her child is Dr. Flint's slave?
6. Describe some of the instances that occur on Mr. Litch's plantation.
7. Describe in detail the similarities and differences between Steventon and slavery.
8. In Chapter 20, how does Dr. Flint react when he discovers Linda's children living happily in town with their great-grandmother?
9. In Chapter Two, Linda is sent to live with the Flints. Compare and contrast how the Flint household differs or is similar to Linda's first mistress' house.
10. What joyous news does Betty deliver to Linda pertaining to Linda's children?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)