|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Linda's second child reveals the identity of which character?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her master.
2. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) A free black man in her town.
3. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
(a) She was hiding from the Flints in some bushes.
(b) She was hiding from the Bretts in some bushes.
(c) She was hiding from the Flints in a small room.
(d) She was hiding from the Flints in an attic.
4. What is Benny bitten by, causing him to become seriously injured?
(a) A dog.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A mosquito.
(d) A red ant.
5. Who does Linda have an affair with to thwart Dr. Flint's plan?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mr. Lover.
(d) Mr. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes very ill in jail and goes to live with the Flints?
2. What does Linda take from her grandmother's house to make it appear as though she has run up North?
3. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
4. What item does Linda send to Dr. Flint to confirm his beliefs?
5. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Linda want it to appear that she fled to the Northern states?
2. Describe Mr. Sands' feelings toward William.
3. Describe some of the instances that occur on Mr. Litch's plantation.
4. How does Mrs. Flint react when Linda tells her of Dr. Flint's advances?
5. Why is Linda sent to work on the young Mr. Flint's plantation?
6. Using examples from the text, explain why some slaves believe the lies told to them about the North.
7. How does Linda try to reinforce Dr. Flint's belief that she has escaped to the Northern states?
8. In Chapter Two, Linda is sent to live with the Flints. Compare and contrast how the Flint household differs or is similar to Linda's first mistress' house.
9. How does Mrs. Sands react when she finds out the relationship between Mr. Sands and Benny and Ellen?
10. What happens to Benjamin when he tries to escape from slavery?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)