|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
(a) Her adolesence.
(b) Her tweens.
(c) Her childhood.
(d) Her adulthood.
2. Who becomes very ill in jail and goes to live with the Flints?
(d) Aunt Marthy.
3. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
(a) Benjamin is Linda's uncle.
(b) Benjamin is Linda's brother.
(c) Benjamin is Linda's husband.
(d) Benjamin is Linda's cousin.
4. For what political party does Mr. Sands run for office?
(a) Mr. Sands did not run for a political office.
(b) The Democratic Party.
(c) The Whig Party.
(d) The Republican Party.
5. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
(a) Her new bike.
(b) Her new shoes.
(c) Her new bible.
(d) Her new shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Sands inform of his true relationship with Benny and Ellen?
2. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
3. Mr. Sands considers William to be a coworker and a what?
4. In Chapter 10, Dr. Flint is still determined to have his way with Linda. What plan does he devise to remove Linda from the watchful eyes of those who love her?
5. What is Mr. Sands' response to Linda's demands?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe William's feelings toward Mr. Sands.
2. Why is Linda sent to work on the young Mr. Flint's plantation?
3. Describe in detail the area that Linda hides in at her Aunt Marthy's house.
4. Linda meets with Mr. Sands before he heads off to Washington, D.C. Describe the conversation that occurs between Linda and Mr. Sands during this meeting.
5. Describe Linda's reaction when she finds out that Mr. Sands has married.
6. How does Benny justify that there must be a Santa Claus when another child tells him that Santa is fake?
7. Explain why the pastor at the Episcopal Church is popular among slaves, but not popular among the slaveholders.
8. Describe the events that happen during a muster.
9. What joyous news does Betty deliver to Linda pertaining to Linda's children?
10. Why is this book an important piece of American literature?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)