|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
2. What is posted within 24 hours of Linda's disappearance?
(a) Posters of Linda's children.
(b) Advertisements offering a reward for her capture.
(c) Nothing was posted because Linda never disappeared.
(d) Posters of Linda being hung.
3. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
4. After Linda hides in the swamps, what is the location of her new hiding spot?
(a) The Flint's house.
(b) Peter's house.
(c) Her grandmother's house.
(d) Mr. Sands' house.
5. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
(a) She was hiding from the Bretts in some bushes.
(b) She was hiding from the Flints in a small room.
(c) She was hiding from the Flints in some bushes.
(d) She was hiding from the Flints in an attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a muster?
2. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
3. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
4. For what political party does Mr. Sands run for office?
5. What item does the young Mrs. Flint deny an old feeble slave?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Linda's motivations toward warding off Dr. Flint's advances change after she has children?
2. Describe in detail how Linda is bitten by a venomous snake.
3. Using details from the text, describe how Linda's attitude evolves towards buying herself.
4. Why does Linda distrust the boat captain?
5. After avoiding Mr. Thorpe on several occasions, Mr. Thorpe insists that he and Linda meet. What does Mr. Thorpe tell Linda during this meeting?
6. Describe Linda's reaction when she finds out that Mr. Sands has married.
7. Why is the brief letter written by George Lowther included in the appendix? How does it differ from Mrs. Post's and Mrs. Child's statements?
8. Using details from the story to support your answer, describe why Linda awoke when she heard the fire alarms going off.
9. Why doesn't Mrs. Hobbs want to give Ellen to Linda?
10. Why is Linda ashamed to have her children baptized in the church?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)