|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tool does Linda use to make a hole in her hiding place?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gimlet.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A saw.
2. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
(a) They tend to treat them the same.
(b) Northerners do not move South to purchase slaves.
(c) They tend to treat them harsher.
(d) They tend to treat them kinder.
3. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
(a) Twenty years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Six years old.
4. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
(a) She was hiding from the Flints in some bushes.
(b) She was hiding from the Bretts in some bushes.
(c) She was hiding from the Flints in a small room.
(d) She was hiding from the Flints in an attic.
5. What is posted within 24 hours of Linda's disappearance?
(a) Posters of Linda's children.
(b) Advertisements offering a reward for her capture.
(c) Posters of Linda being hung.
(d) Nothing was posted because Linda never disappeared.
6. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
(a) Benjamin is Linda's husband.
(b) Benjamin is Linda's uncle.
(c) Benjamin is Linda's brother.
(d) Benjamin is Linda's cousin.
7. How long does Linda stay in her hiding place?
8. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
(a) The slave fathers a child with Mrs. Flint.
(b) The slave suspects Dr. Flint is the father of his wife's child.
(c) The slave steals food from Dr. Flint's daughter.
(d) The slave spits at Dr. Flint.
9. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
(a) She has a girl.
(b) She has twins.
(c) She does not have a second child.
(d) She has a boy.
10. How many miles does Linda have to walk to see her family?
(a) Six miles.
(b) Ten miles.
(c) One mile.
(d) Twenty miles.
11. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
(a) It forces the slaves to choose their owners.
(b) It tears families apart.
(c) It takes away their property.
(d) It forces people to marry.
12. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(b) Dr. Flint.
(c) Harriet Jacobs.
(d) William Brent.
13. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
(b) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
(c) Linda is a cook and steals food.
(d) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
14. Who must Linda wait for to help her return to her den after she meets Mr. Sands?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(b) Mrs. Flint.
(c) Uncle Phillip.
(d) Dr. Flint.
15. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
(b) Do not exist.
(d) All slaveholders are good and kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
2. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
3. In Chapter 10, Dr. Flint is still determined to have his way with Linda. What plan does he devise to remove Linda from the watchful eyes of those who love her?
4. What does Mr. Sands promise Aunt Marthy?
5. Who does not remember Linda?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)