|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
(a) He told Linda that he would tell his wife that Linda's children were his.
(b) He told Linda he would give her her freeedom if she let him have what he wanted.
(c) He told Linda that he would tell who the father of her children were.
(d) He told her that he couldn't wait to sell her children for large sums of money.
2. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
(a) Benjamin is Linda's brother.
(b) Benjamin is Linda's husband.
(c) Benjamin is Linda's cousin.
(d) Benjamin is Linda's uncle.
3. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(b) A kind slaveholder woman in town.
(c) A kind slaveholder man in town.
(d) The Flints.
4. Linda's second child reveals the identity of which character?
(a) Her master.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her father.
5. What event happens to Linda during her second winter in her den?
(a) Benny becomes very ill.
(b) Dr. Flint finds out where she's hiding.
(c) She becomes very ill.
(d) Her grandmother dies.
6. What does Dr. Flint do with the item Linda sends to her grandmother?
(a) He gives it to her grandmother.
(b) He intercepts it and replaces it.
(c) He throws it away.
(d) Nothing. Linda does not send her grandmother anything.
7. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
(a) She was hiding from the Flints in a small room.
(b) She was hiding from the Bretts in some bushes.
(c) She was hiding from the Flints in some bushes.
(d) She was hiding from the Flints in an attic.
8. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(a) A free black man in her town.
(b) Dr. Flint.
9. How long does Linda stay in her hiding place?
10. What item does Linda send to Dr. Flint to confirm his beliefs?
(a) Linda does not send anything to Dr. Flint.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A letter.
(d) A rose.
11. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
12. Who does Linda have an affair with to thwart Dr. Flint's plan?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mr. Flint.
(d) Mr. Lover.
13. What does Linda make for her children at Christmas?
(a) She draws them pictures of the North.
(b) She does not make them anything.
(c) She makes them cakes and cookies.
(d) She sews clothes and toys.
14. What name does Linda call her new hiding spot?
(a) Her hole.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) Her den.
(d) Her library.
15. What item does the young Mrs. Flint deny an old feeble slave?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His medication.
(c) His share of work.
(d) His meat ration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Benny and Ellen believe in Santa Claus?
2. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
3. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
4. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
5. Mr. Sands considers William to be a coworker and a what?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)