|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Linda have an affair with to thwart Dr. Flint's plan?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Mr. Sands.
(c) Mr. Flint.
(d) Mr. Lover.
2. Mr. Sands considers William to be a coworker and a what?
3. Where does Dr. Flint clearly believe Linda escapes to?
(c) Nowhere. Linda never escaped.
(d) The free states.
4. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) A free black man in her town.
5. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
(a) Never occurs.
(c) Not mentioned in the story.
6. For what political party does Mr. Sands run for office?
(a) Mr. Sands did not run for a political office.
(b) The Whig Party.
(c) The Democratic Party.
(d) The Republican Party.
7. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
(a) Her childhood.
(b) Her adulthood.
(c) Her tweens.
(d) Her adolesence.
8. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
(a) Dr. Flint allows Linda her freedom.
(b) Linda becomes pregnant.
(c) Linda escapes from slavery.
(d) Dr. Flint begins making advances toward her.
9. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
(a) They are told that it is more difficult and unpleasant than their current lives in slavery.
(b) They are told that they will freeze to death if they flee North.
(c) They are told that the Northern states have slavery too.
(d) They are told that it is bliss.
10. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
(a) The slave suspects Dr. Flint is the father of his wife's child.
(b) The slave fathers a child with Mrs. Flint.
(c) The slave spits at Dr. Flint.
(d) The slave steals food from Dr. Flint's daughter.
11. What does Dr. Flint do with the item Linda sends to her grandmother?
(a) He throws it away.
(b) Nothing. Linda does not send her grandmother anything.
(c) He gives it to her grandmother.
(d) He intercepts it and replaces it.
12. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
13. What does Linda make for her children at Christmas?
(a) She does not make them anything.
(b) She makes them cakes and cookies.
(c) She draws them pictures of the North.
(d) She sews clothes and toys.
14. Who does Linda send to try to dissuade Mr. Sands from his plans for her children?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) Her uncle.
15. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
(a) He wants to raise the children as his own.
(b) She wants to raise Benny as her own.
(c) She wants to sell the children into slavery.
(d) He wants to sell the children into slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
2. Linda's second child reveals the identity of which character?
3. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
4. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
5. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)