|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Aunt Marthy invite over for Christmas dinner?
(a) Uncle Phillip.
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) Two slave hunters.
2. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
(a) He wants to sell the children into slavery.
(b) He wants to raise the children as his own.
(c) She wants to raise Benny as her own.
(d) She wants to sell the children into slavery.
3. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
(a) Linda becomes pregnant.
(b) Dr. Flint allows Linda her freedom.
(c) Linda escapes from slavery.
(d) Dr. Flint begins making advances toward her.
4. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
(a) She was hiding from the Flints in some bushes.
(b) She was hiding from the Bretts in some bushes.
(c) She was hiding from the Flints in a small room.
(d) She was hiding from the Flints in an attic.
5. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
6. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
(a) He proposes to escape slavery with her.
(b) He proposes to move into Aunt Marthy's.
(c) He proposes to sell her to another slaveholder.
(d) He proposes to marry her and wishes to buy her.
7. Mr. Sands considers William to be a coworker and a what?
8. Who does Linda send to try to dissuade Mr. Sands from his plans for her children?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her brother.
9. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
(b) New York.
10. Who visits Aunt Marthy when she is ill?
(a) Linda Brett.
(b) Jane Hoffman.
(c) Mrs. Flint.
(d) Benjamin Brett.
11. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
12. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
(a) Linda knows he is dishonest.
(b) Linda knew his wife would not let him keep his promises.
(c) Dr. Flint never threatened or promised her anything.
(d) Linda was afraid to believe his promises.
13. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
(a) Twenty years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Six years old.
(d) Eight years old.
14. In Chapter 10, Dr. Flint is still determined to have his way with Linda. What plan does he devise to remove Linda from the watchful eyes of those who love her?
(a) Dr. Flint plans to forbid her from ever leaving his house.
(b) Dr. Flint does not devise any plan because he does not want Linda.
(c) Dr. Flint does not devise any plan because he could care less what others think of his relationship with Linda.
(d) Dr. Flint plans to build her a home several miles from town.
15. Who becomes very ill in jail and goes to live with the Flints?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
2. Who does not remember Linda?
3. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
4. What is the author's alias used in the story?
5. What item does Linda send to Dr. Flint to confirm his beliefs?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)