Short Answer Questions Key
1. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
She is self-conscious about her lack of formal education.
2. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
She hopes to help change the destiny of the millions of women who still live in slavery.
3. What is the author's alias used in the story?
4. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
5. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
Six years old.
6. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
Aunt Marthy is Linda's grandmother.
This section contains 5,445 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)