|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Linda feel that Aunt Nancy is 'slowly murdered'?
(a) Because she was beaten.
(b) Because she was imprisoned.
(c) Because she was neglected and overworked.
(d) Because she was starved.
2. Although Linda is saddened by the thought of sending her daughter off to boarding school, why does she still allow her to go?
(a) Linda did not allow her to go.
(b) Linda wanted freedom from her responsiblities as a mother.
(c) Linda did not want to limit Ellen's opportunities in life.
(d) Linda wanted Ellen to have the best education possible.
3. Who does Linda send to try to dissuade Mr. Sands from his plans for her children?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Dr. Flint.
4. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) February 21st.
(b) January 15th.
(c) December 25th.
(d) January 1st.
5. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
(a) She does not have a second child.
(b) She has twins.
(c) She has a girl.
(d) She has a boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
2. Where does Dr. Flint clearly believe Linda escapes to?
3. Linda's second child reveals the identity of which character?
4. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
5. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)