|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Linda upset by some of Benny's remarks when he arrives in Boston?
(a) She knew the remarks were true.
(b) She knew the remarks weren't true.
(c) She thought the remarks were mean.
(d) She thought the remarks were rude.
2. What is a muster?
(a) When a slave marries a free person.
(b) When the white folks raid the homes of the slaves and free black people.
(c) When a slaveholder beats a slave.
(d) When a slave escapes to the North.
3. Although Linda is saddened by the thought of sending her daughter off to boarding school, why does she still allow her to go?
(a) Linda wanted Ellen to have the best education possible.
(b) Linda did not want to limit Ellen's opportunities in life.
(c) Linda did not allow her to go.
(d) Linda wanted freedom from her responsiblities as a mother.
4. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
(a) She wants to raise Benny as her own.
(b) He wants to raise the children as his own.
(c) He wants to sell the children into slavery.
(d) She wants to sell the children into slavery.
5. Why is Linda overwhelmed by the big city sights and sounds?
(a) Linda is afraid she will be spotted by a slave hunter.
(b) Linda is sick and needs rest.
(c) This is Linda's first trip to a big city.
(d) Linda is not overwhelmed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Linda about the Flints/Dodges?
2. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
3. In whose house does Linda meet her daughter?
4. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
5. How does Mrs. Bruce react to the news that Linda confesses to her?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)