|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Benny and Ellen believe in Santa Claus?
(a) They received many gifts even though their mother 'was far away'.
(b) They wanted to tease the other children.
(c) They needed something hopeful in their lives.
(d) They didn't still believe in Santa Claus.
2. Who is staying at the Hobbs' house when Linda goes to visit Ellen?
(a) Mr. Thorpe.
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
3. What job type, or title, does Linda secure?
(a) A job as a cook.
(b) A job as a seamstress.
(c) A job as a nursemaid.
(d) Linda did not secure a job.
4. What group of people does Linda's host introduce her to in order to help her continue her journey to New York?
(a) The anti-slavery society.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The underground railroad society.
(d) The Catholic Church.
5. What honor is bestowed upon Uncle Phillip when he passes away?
(a) His remains were shipped North where he could claim freedom.
(b) His funeral was paid for by The Flints.
(c) His remains were buried in a 'white only' cemetery.
(d) His obituary runs in the local paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is the first stop on Linda's trip to England?
2. Where is Ellen send to finish her schooling?
3. Mr. Sands considers William to be a coworker and a what?
4. After Linda receives the letter from the Flints, who comes to New York to look for her?
5. On what mode of transportation does Linda continue her journey to New York?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)