|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Linda and William remain connected?
(a) They remain connected through daily contact.
(b) They do not remain connected.
(c) They remain connected through letters.
(d) They remain connected through their children.
2. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
(b) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
(c) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
(d) Linda is a cook and steals food.
3. Why doesn't the character in question #105 feel any pity for Linda when told about Linda's living conditions for the past several years?
(a) Benny did not pity Linda because he was angry at his mother for hiding from him.
(b) William did not pity Linda because he had much harder trials in slavery then she did.
(c) Ellen did not pity Linda because she was mad at Linda for not telling her where she was hiding.
(d) Fanny did not pity Linda because Fanny was upset to never have the opporunity to see her children again.
4. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
(a) She wants to raise Benny as her own.
(b) He wants to sell the children into slavery.
(c) He wants to raise the children as his own.
(d) She wants to sell the children into slavery.
5. What is the name of the escaped slave that Linda runs into on the streets of New York, that is also from her hometown?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
2. Who does Mr. Sands inform of his true relationship with Benny and Ellen?
3. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
4. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
5. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)