|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Linda's second child reveals the identity of which character?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her master.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
2. What does Linda take from her grandmother's house to make it appear as though she has run up North?
(a) Her grandmother's money.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her belongings.
(d) Her children.
3. Who does not remember Linda?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
4. What does Dr. Flint do with the item Linda sends to her grandmother?
(a) He gives it to her grandmother.
(b) Nothing. Linda does not send her grandmother anything.
(c) He throws it away.
(d) He intercepts it and replaces it.
5. What horrific truth does Linda learn about Ellen's situation with the Hobbs'?
(a) Linda learned that Ellen was being raped by Mr. Hobbs.
(b) Linda learned that Ellen was still a slave.
(c) Linda learned that Ellen loved the Hobbs' more than her own mother.
(d) Linda learned that Ellen was being beaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ellen fare while Linda is in England?
2. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
3. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
4. Where is Ellen send to finish her schooling?
5. What does Mr. Sands promise Aunt Marthy?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)