|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What good news does one of Aunt Marthy's letters bring?
(a) That Aunt Marthy has escaped from slavery.
(b) That Linda is now free.
(c) That Mr. Sands wants to marry Linda.
(d) That Dr. Flint has died.
2. Where does Dr. Flint clearly believe Linda escapes to?
(a) Nowhere. Linda never escaped.
(c) The free states.
3. Who must Linda wait for to help her return to her den after she meets Mr. Sands?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Uncle Phillip.
(d) Mrs. Flint.
4. What does William do when he is in Washington?
(a) Nothing. William does not go to Washington.
(b) He helps Linda escape from slavery.
(c) He kills Mr. Sands.
(d) He escapes from slavery.
5. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
(d) Aunt Marthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda meet soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
2. What is Mr. Sands' response to Linda's demands?
3. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
4. In whose household is Aunt Nancy a slave?
5. Who does Linda send for while hiding in a Northern city?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)