|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For approximately how many years does Linda stay in hiding before an opportunity to escape arises?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 1 year.
2. What group of people does Linda's host introduce her to in order to help her continue her journey to New York?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The underground railroad society.
(d) The anti-slavery society.
3. Who continues to go out of his way to help Linda and her companion when they reach Philadelphia?
(b) A homeless man Linda meets on the street.
(c) The ship's captain.
4. Although Linda initially accepts the opportunity to escape, she is talked into staying. Who does Linda give her opportunity to?
(a) No One.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
5. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Uncle Fred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Benny and Ellen believe in Santa Claus?
2. For what political party does Mr. Sands run for office?
3. What event happens during Linda's first night in the big city that makes her aware of the differences between life in the North versus life in the South?
4. Who becomes very ill in jail and goes to live with the Flints?
5. When Linda hears that someone from her hometown is coming to find her, where does Linda flee?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)