|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Linda hiding in the swamps?
(a) Linda's hider kicks her out and she had no other place to go.
(b) Linda enjoys the swamps.
(c) She is waiting for a new secure hiding place.
(d) The Flints find Linda and she flees to the swamps.
2. What is posted within 24 hours of Linda's disappearance?
(a) Posters of Linda being hung.
(b) Posters of Linda's children.
(c) Nothing was posted because Linda never disappeared.
(d) Advertisements offering a reward for her capture.
3. Who is staying at the Hobbs' house when Linda goes to visit Ellen?
(a) Mr. Thorpe.
(b) Dr. Flint.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
4. How does Linda escape from the South?
(a) By boat.
(b) By train.
(c) By carriage.
(d) By foot.
5. Although Linda initially accepts the opportunity to escape, she is talked into staying. Who does Linda give her opportunity to?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(c) No One.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Linda never go hungry?
2. Where does Dr. Flint clearly believe Linda escapes to?
3. Where does Mrs. Flint want Aunt Nancy buried?
4. How does the escaped slave that Linda runs into procure funds to escape from slavery?
5. Where does Linda leave Ellen when she travels to England?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)