|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
(a) They live with their fathers.
(b) The slaveholders did not father any illegitimate children.
(c) They are treated the same as any other slave.
(d) They stay with their mothers, but are granted freedom.
2. For approximately how many years does Linda stay in hiding before an opportunity to escape arises?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 1 year.
3. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
(a) He told Linda that he would tell his wife that Linda's children were his.
(b) He told her that he couldn't wait to sell her children for large sums of money.
(c) He told Linda he would give her her freeedom if she let him have what he wanted.
(d) He told Linda that he would tell who the father of her children were.
4. What name does Linda call her new hiding spot?
(a) Her library.
(b) Her hole.
(c) Her den.
(d) Her bedroom.
5. In whose household is Aunt Nancy a slave?
(a) Mr. Sands'.
(b) Mr. Brett's.
(c) Dr. and Mrs. Flint's.
(d) Nobody's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda fall in love with?
2. Who arranges for Linda's escape?
3. Why does Mrs. Flint want Aunt Nancy buried in a specific spot?
4. What distressing news does Linda discover about Benny when she returns to Boston?
5. How does Mr. Sands feel about William's work ethic?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)