|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Linda feel that Aunt Nancy is 'slowly murdered'?
(a) Because she was neglected and overworked.
(b) Because she was beaten.
(c) Because she was imprisoned.
(d) Because she was starved.
2. What item does the young Mrs. Flint deny an old feeble slave?
(a) His meat ration.
(b) His medication.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His share of work.
3. How does Linda escape from the South?
(a) By boat.
(b) By carriage.
(c) By foot.
(d) By train.
4. Who continues to go out of his way to help Linda and her companion when they reach Philadelphia?
(a) A homeless man Linda meets on the street.
(d) The ship's captain.
5. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
2. What is Mr. Sands' response to Linda's demands?
3. Who does Mr. Thorpe write a letter to, telling this person Linda's whereabouts?
4. When Linda has to go into hiding after The Fugitive Slave Law is enacted, whom does she take with her for protection?
5. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)