|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one lie does the author point out in the letter from Emily?
(a) That the family sold her son.
(b) That the family was willing to sell her.
(c) That the family sold her daughter.
(d) That the family did not go to any trouble or expense to retrieve her.
2. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
(a) Her new bible.
(b) Her new bike.
(c) Her new shoes.
(d) Her new shirt.
3. How much is paid for Linda's freedom?
4. Linda receives a letter from her legal owner shortly after her return from England. Who is Linda's legal owner?
(a) Mrs. Emily Dodge.
(b) Dr. Flint.
(c) Mr. Thorpe.
(d) Mrs. Flint.
5. Where do William and Benny decide to move after Linda returns from England?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Fugitive Slave Law?
2. Who buys Linda's children from the Flints?
3. Who pays the expenses for Aunt Nancy's funeral?
4. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
5. What is posted within 24 hours of Linda's disappearance?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)