|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what political party does Mr. Sands run for office?
(a) Mr. Sands did not run for a political office.
(b) The Republican Party.
(c) The Democratic Party.
(d) The Whig Party.
2. What family ends up employing Linda?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Flint.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Hobbs.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Bruce.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Durham.
3. When Linda goes into hiding in Boston, who lives with her there?
(a) Mrs. Bruce.
(c) Both of her children.
4. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
(a) Uncle Fred.
(c) Mr. Sands.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
5. What worries Linda about the Flints/Dodges?
(a) That they are so well aware of her actions.
(b) That they want to come visit her in Boston.
(c) That they plan to sell her children.
(d) That they are offering her her freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Linda that her children have been sold?
2. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
3. After Linda's meeting with Ellen, whom does she begin looking for?
4. How does Mrs. Bruce react to the news that Linda confesses to her?
5. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)