|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Benny and Ellen believe in Santa Claus?
(a) They needed something hopeful in their lives.
(b) They didn't still believe in Santa Claus.
(c) They received many gifts even though their mother 'was far away'.
(d) They wanted to tease the other children.
2. After Linda's meeting with Ellen, whom does she begin looking for?
(a) Her brother, William.
(b) Her uncle, Benjamin.
(c) Her friend, Fanny.
(d) Her son, Benny.
3. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
(a) They are told that it is more difficult and unpleasant than their current lives in slavery.
(b) They are told that they will freeze to death if they flee North.
(c) They are told that it is bliss.
(d) They are told that the Northern states have slavery too.
4. What does William do when he is in Washington?
(a) He helps Linda escape from slavery.
(b) He escapes from slavery.
(c) He kills Mr. Sands.
(d) Nothing. William does not go to Washington.
5. How many miles does Linda have to walk to see her family?
(a) One mile.
(b) Twenty miles.
(c) Six miles.
(d) Ten miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Linda receives the letter from the Flints, who comes to New York to look for her?
2. What work does William perform for Dr. Flint?
3. What is Benny bitten by, causing him to become seriously injured?
4. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
5. What does Linda wish to tell Ellen before she departs for boarding school?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)