|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informs Linda that her children have been sold?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(d) The Flints.
2. What good news does one of Aunt Marthy's letters bring?
(a) That Linda is now free.
(b) That Aunt Marthy has escaped from slavery.
(c) That Dr. Flint has died.
(d) That Mr. Sands wants to marry Linda.
3. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
(a) They are told that it is more difficult and unpleasant than their current lives in slavery.
(b) They are told that it is bliss.
(c) They are told that they will freeze to death if they flee North.
(d) They are told that the Northern states have slavery too.
4. What city is the first stop on Linda's trip to England?
(a) South Wales.
5. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. What distressing news does Linda discover about Benny when she returns to Boston?
3. What character is arrested on charges of helping Linda escape?
4. How many days does Linda's journey take to reach her first destination?
5. After Linda's meeting with Ellen, whom does she begin looking for?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)