|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda take from her grandmother's house to make it appear as though she has run up North?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her grandmother's money.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her belongings.
2. What information does Linda tell Mrs. Bruce before she leaves the family?
(a) The she stole money from them.
(b) That she was a fugitive slave.
(c) That she was Ellen's mother.
(d) That Mr. Sands was her childrens' father.
3. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
(a) They stay with their mothers, but are granted freedom.
(b) They live with their fathers.
(c) They are treated the same as any other slave.
(d) The slaveholders did not father any illegitimate children.
4. Who does Mr. Bruce want Linda to accompany to England?
(a) Mary, his young daughter.
(b) Mrs. Bruce.
(c) His cousin.
5. What item does Linda send to Dr. Flint to confirm his beliefs?
(a) A telegram.
(b) Linda does not send anything to Dr. Flint.
(c) A letter.
(d) A rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Flint do with the item Linda sends to her grandmother?
2. What is Ellen's response to Linda's confession before Ellen returns to New York for boarding school?
3. What good news does one of Aunt Marthy's letters bring?
4. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
5. Who offers to pay for Ellen's schooling?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)