|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Linda receive letters from quite often even though this person is illiterate?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Uncle Fred.
(d) Her Uncle Phillip.
2. Why doesn't the character in question #105 feel any pity for Linda when told about Linda's living conditions for the past several years?
(a) Benny did not pity Linda because he was angry at his mother for hiding from him.
(b) Ellen did not pity Linda because she was mad at Linda for not telling her where she was hiding.
(c) Fanny did not pity Linda because Fanny was upset to never have the opporunity to see her children again.
(d) William did not pity Linda because he had much harder trials in slavery then she did.
3. Why does William accompany Mr. Sands to Washington?
(a) To find Linda.
(b) To escape from slavery.
(c) To be his assistant.
(d) To find Linda's children.
4. Who does Linda send to try to dissuade Mr. Sands from his plans for her children?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Dr. Flint.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her uncle.
5. Who writes Emily Flint's letter to Linda?
(b) Her sister/mother.
(c) Her brother/father.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Bruce want Linda to accompany to England?
2. What city is the first stop on Linda's trip to England?
3. Where does Linda leave Benny when she travels to England?
4. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
5. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)