|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Linda call her new hiding spot?
(a) Her hole.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) Her den.
(d) Her library.
2. How does Linda escape from the South?
(a) By carriage.
(b) By boat.
(c) By foot.
(d) By train.
3. What work does William perform for Dr. Flint?
(a) William works in the fields on Dr. Flint's plantation.
(b) William does not work for Dr. Flint.
(c) William is Dr. Flint's field foreman.
(d) William is Dr. Flint's medical assistant.
4. Who does Linda have an affair with to thwart Dr. Flint's plan?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Mr. Flint.
(c) Mr. Sands.
(d) Mr. Lover.
5. How long does Linda stay in her hiding place?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
2. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
3. Why does Linda risk coming out of hiding to talk to Mr. Sands?
4. Which character leaves with Linda when she escapes from the South?
5. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)