|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
2. What does Mr. Sands promise Aunt Marthy?
(a) To take care of his children the best he could.
(b) To help Linda escape slavery.
(c) Not to beat Linda when he found out she was pregnant.
(d) To marry Linda.
3. When Linda goes into hiding in Boston, who lives with her there?
(a) Mrs. Bruce.
(c) Both of her children.
4. For what political party does Mr. Sands run for office?
(a) The Whig Party.
(b) The Republican Party.
(c) The Democratic Party.
(d) Mr. Sands did not run for a political office.
5. Who does Mr. Bruce want Linda to accompany to England?
(b) Mary, his young daughter.
(c) Mrs. Bruce.
(d) His cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the town usually have a muster?
2. Who does Linda meet soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
3. Why is Linda reprimanded for sitting with her employers at meal times?
4. What one lie does the author point out in the letter from Emily?
5. How does Mr. Sands feel about William's work ethic?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)