|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Linda leave Benny when she travels to England?
(a) To apprentice a trade.
(b) Sent him to live with his father in her hometown.
(c) Left him to fend for himself.
(d) She took him with her.
2. Where is Ellen send to finish her schooling?
(a) A boarding school in England.
(b) A boarding school in Boston.
(c) A boarding school in New York.
(d) A boarding school in Virgina.
3. Where does Mrs. Flint want Aunt Nancy buried?
(a) Buried under the house.
(b) Buried in a field.
(c) Buried in the Flint family plot.
(d) Buried where most slaves are buried.
4. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
(a) She informs him that she is pregnant.
(b) She informs him that he is the father of her children.
(c) She informs him that she is running away.
(d) She informs him that she is free.
5. What does Linda make for her children at Christmas?
(a) She does not make them anything.
(b) She makes them cakes and cookies.
(c) She sews clothes and toys.
(d) She draws them pictures of the North.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
2. Where is Linda's escape route from the South taking her first?
3. Where is Ellen sent to live?
4. After Linda hides in the swamps, what is the location of her new hiding spot?
5. How do Linda and her grandmother feel when William is no longer a daily part of their lives?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)