|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Linda immediately notice about Ellen?
(a) She noticed that Ellen's hair and face have been burned.
(b) She noticed that Ellen's care and education have been neglected.
(c) She noticed that Ellen's care and education have been well-cared for.
(d) She noticed that Ellen did love her anymore and that she wanted to live with her father.
2. Who does Linda send for while hiding in a Northern city?
(b) Uncle Phillip.
3. Who is finally able to purchase Linda's freedom for her?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Mrs. Bruce.
4. Why does Linda feel that Aunt Nancy is 'slowly murdered'?
(a) Because she was starved.
(b) Because she was beaten.
(c) Because she was imprisoned.
(d) Because she was neglected and overworked.
5. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
(a) Linda knows he is dishonest.
(b) Dr. Flint never threatened or promised her anything.
(c) Linda was afraid to believe his promises.
(d) Linda knew his wife would not let him keep his promises.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Sands inform of his true relationship with Benny and Ellen?
2. What circumstances prevent Ellen from going to live with Linda?
3. What good news does one of Aunt Marthy's letters bring?
4. What worries Linda about the Flints/Dodges?
5. Who arranges for Linda's escape?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)