|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Linda initially accepts the opportunity to escape, she is talked into staying. Who does Linda give her opportunity to?
(a) No One.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
2. During Linda's meeting with the character in question #101, what information is discovered?
(a) Linda discovers that Mr. Sands has sold Ellen into slavery.
(b) Linda discovers that Benny has known about her hiding place for quite some time.
(c) Linda discovers that Dr. Flint is on his way to recapture her.
(d) Linda discovers that Aunt Nancy has died.
3. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
(a) It forces people to marry.
(b) It tears families apart.
(c) It takes away their property.
(d) It forces the slaves to choose their owners.
4. Mr. Sands considers William to be a coworker and a what?
5. What one lie does the author point out in the letter from Emily?
(a) That the family sold her daughter.
(b) That the family sold her son.
(c) That the family was willing to sell her.
(d) That the family did not go to any trouble or expense to retrieve her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
2. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
3. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
4. Which character does Linda meet with before she departs on her journey North?
5. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)