|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is staying at the Hobbs' house when Linda goes to visit Ellen?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Mr. Thorpe.
2. When Linda goes into hiding in Boston, who lives with her there?
(a) Mrs. Bruce.
(c) Both of her children.
3. What item does the young Mrs. Flint deny an old feeble slave?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His meat ration.
(c) His share of work.
(d) His medication.
4. What event happens to Linda during her second winter in her den?
(a) Benny becomes very ill.
(b) Her grandmother dies.
(c) Dr. Flint finds out where she's hiding.
(d) She becomes very ill.
5. Who must Linda wait for to help her return to her den after she meets Mr. Sands?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(b) Uncle Phillip.
(c) Mrs. Flint.
(d) Dr. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
3. Mr. Sands considers William to be a coworker and a what?
4. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
5. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)