|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Aunt Marthy invite over for Christmas dinner?
(b) Uncle Phillip.
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) Two slave hunters.
2. Why is Linda upset by some of Benny's remarks when he arrives in Boston?
(a) She knew the remarks weren't true.
(b) She thought the remarks were rude.
(c) She knew the remarks were true.
(d) She thought the remarks were mean.
3. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
4. The author anticipates that the reading public will judge her harshly for what action?
(a) Escaping to the North.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) Bearing children out of wedlock.
(d) Lying to her slaveholder.
5. Why doesn't Linda tell her family about her hiding place?
(a) So they can truthfully say they have no idea where she is.
(b) Linda never hid, so she had no reason to tell them anything.
(c) To protect her children.
(d) So they cannot turn her in to The Flint family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
2. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
3. What country is Linda's new employer from?
4. Where does Dr. Flint clearly believe Linda escapes to?
5. After Linda's meeting with Ellen, whom does she begin looking for?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)