|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Benny bitten by, causing him to become seriously injured?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A dog.
(c) A mosquito.
(d) A red ant.
2. When Linda goes into hiding in Boston, who lives with her there?
(b) Mrs. Bruce.
(c) Both of her children.
3. Who does Linda have an affair with to thwart Dr. Flint's plan?
(a) Mr. Lover.
(b) Mr. Sands.
(c) Mr. Jones.
(d) Mr. Flint.
4. Why is Linda reprimanded for sitting with her employers at meal times?
(a) The other passengers complained.
(b) The family forbade her to sit with them.
(c) The other nursemaids thought she was rude.
(d) The tables were 'white only'.
5. What name does Linda call her new hiding spot?
(a) Her hole.
(b) Her library.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) Her den.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
2. Who is unable to attend Aunt Nancy's funeral?
3. Which character does Linda meet with before she departs on her journey North?
4. How many days does Linda's journey take to reach her first destination?
5. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)