|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Benny and Ellen believe in Santa Claus?
(a) They didn't still believe in Santa Claus.
(b) They wanted to tease the other children.
(c) They received many gifts even though their mother 'was far away'.
(d) They needed something hopeful in their lives.
2. What item does Linda send to Dr. Flint to confirm his beliefs?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A rose.
(c) Linda does not send anything to Dr. Flint.
(d) A letter.
3. How do Linda and her grandmother feel when William is no longer a daily part of their lives?
(a) They feel saddened.
(b) They feel anger.
(c) They feel nothing.
(d) They feel happy.
4. During Linda's meeting with the character in question #101, what information is discovered?
(a) Linda discovers that Dr. Flint is on his way to recapture her.
(b) Linda discovers that Aunt Nancy has died.
(c) Linda discovers that Benny has known about her hiding place for quite some time.
(d) Linda discovers that Mr. Sands has sold Ellen into slavery.
5. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Linda goes into hiding in Boston, who lives with her there?
2. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
3. What event happens during Linda's first night in the big city that makes her aware of the differences between life in the North versus life in the South?
4. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
5. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)