|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Dr. Flint is still determined to have his way with Linda. What plan does he devise to remove Linda from the watchful eyes of those who love her?
(a) Dr. Flint plans to forbid her from ever leaving his house.
(b) Dr. Flint plans to build her a home several miles from town.
(c) Dr. Flint does not devise any plan because he does not want Linda.
(d) Dr. Flint does not devise any plan because he could care less what others think of his relationship with Linda.
2. Who is Mr. Thorpe grateful to for bestowing kindness onto him?
(b) Mrs. Hobbs.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
3. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) December 25th.
(b) January 1st.
(c) January 15th.
(d) February 21st.
4. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
(a) She is not writing about facts.
(b) She is afraid no one will believe her.
(c) She is self-conscious about her lack of formal education.
(d) She is illiterate.
5. What group of people does Linda's host introduce her to in order to help her continue her journey to New York?
(a) The underground railroad society.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Red Cross.
(d) The anti-slavery society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
2. Why does Linda risk coming out of hiding to talk to Mr. Sands?
3. Who visits Aunt Marthy when she is ill?
4. Why doesn't the character in question #105 feel any pity for Linda when told about Linda's living conditions for the past several years?
5. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)