|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
2. Who buys Linda's children from the Flints?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(b) Mr. Sands.
(c) No one, because Linda's children are free.
3. Who becomes very ill in jail and goes to live with the Flints?
(c) Aunt Marthy.
4. What is the occupation of the character Linda meets soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
(a) A senator.
(b) A plantation owner.
(c) A minister.
(d) A student.
5. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
(a) Beatings, whippings, and murders.
(b) Parties, gambling, and drinking.
(c) Running, playing, and jumping.
(d) Kindness, love, and honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Sands inform of his true relationship with Benny and Ellen?
2. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
3. Who does Linda send for while hiding in a Northern city?
4. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
5. In whose household is Aunt Nancy a slave?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)