|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) The death of a slave.
(b) Benjamin's escape to the North.
(c) Linda's disappearance.
(d) Nat Turner's insurrection.
2. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
(a) Running, playing, and jumping.
(b) Kindness, love, and honor.
(c) Parties, gambling, and drinking.
(d) Beatings, whippings, and murders.
3. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
(a) Twenty years old.
(b) Six years old.
(c) Eleven years old.
(d) Eight years old.
4. For what political party does Mr. Sands run for office?
(a) The Republican Party.
(b) The Whig Party.
(c) The Democratic Party.
(d) Mr. Sands did not run for a political office.
5. How does Linda escape from the South?
(a) By foot.
(b) By boat.
(c) By carriage.
(d) By train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Benny bitten by, causing him to become seriously injured?
2. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
3. What does Mr. Sands promise Aunt Marthy?
4. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
5. What circumstances prevent Ellen from going to live with Linda?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)