|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
2. Why does Mrs. Flint want Aunt Nancy buried in a specific spot?
(a) To show what a valuable servant she was.
(b) To cause Linda's family hardship.
(c) To punish her even in death.
(d) To show Aunt Marthy that she was in control.
3. What character is arrested on charges of helping Linda escape?
(b) Uncle Phillip.
(d) Mr. Sands.
4. How does Linda escape from the South?
(a) By boat.
(b) By foot.
(c) By train.
(d) By carriage.
5. What is the occupation of the character Linda meets soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
(a) A senator.
(b) A minister.
(c) A student.
(d) A plantation owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
2. Who does Linda send for while hiding in a Northern city?
3. Why is Linda overwhelmed by the big city sights and sounds?
4. Which character is jealous of Linda?
5. How do Linda and her grandmother feel when William is no longer a daily part of their lives?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)