|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
(c) Aunt Marthy.
2. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
(a) She wants to sell the children into slavery.
(b) She wants to raise Benny as her own.
(c) He wants to raise the children as his own.
(d) He wants to sell the children into slavery.
3. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
(a) With respect.
(b) With kindness.
(c) With love.
(d) With cruelty.
4. Why is Linda overwhelmed by the big city sights and sounds?
(a) This is Linda's first trip to a big city.
(b) Linda is not overwhelmed.
(c) Linda is sick and needs rest.
(d) Linda is afraid she will be spotted by a slave hunter.
5. In whose household is Aunt Nancy a slave?
(a) Dr. and Mrs. Flint's.
(b) Mr. Brett's.
(c) Mr. Sands'.
(d) Nobody's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Linda's second child reveals the identity of which character?
2. What group of people does Linda's host introduce her to in order to help her continue her journey to New York?
3. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
4. Who arranges for Linda's escape?
5. How long does Linda stay in her hiding place?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)