|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Linda send to try to dissuade Mr. Sands from his plans for her children?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Dr. Flint.
2. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
3. What item does the young Mrs. Flint deny an old feeble slave?
(a) His medication.
(b) His share of work.
(c) His meat ration.
(d) His clothing.
4. How many miles does Linda have to walk to see her family?
(a) Ten miles.
(b) Six miles.
(c) Twenty miles.
(d) One mile.
5. Who arranges for Linda's escape?
(a) Her brother, William.
(b) Her daughter, Ellen.
(c) Her master, Dr. Flint.
(d) Her friend, Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
2. What does Linda make for her children at Christmas?
3. What information does Linda tell Mrs. Bruce before she leaves the family?
4. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
5. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)