|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
(a) The slaveholders did not father any illegitimate children.
(b) They are treated the same as any other slave.
(c) They live with their fathers.
(d) They stay with their mothers, but are granted freedom.
2. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
(a) Benjamin is Linda's brother.
(b) Benjamin is Linda's uncle.
(c) Benjamin is Linda's cousin.
(d) Benjamin is Linda's husband.
3. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
(a) She does not have a second child.
(b) She has twins.
(c) She has a girl.
(d) She has a boy.
4. What work does William perform for Dr. Flint?
(a) William does not work for Dr. Flint.
(b) William is Dr. Flint's medical assistant.
(c) William is Dr. Flint's field foreman.
(d) William works in the fields on Dr. Flint's plantation.
5. Who is staying at the Hobbs' house when Linda goes to visit Ellen?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(b) Mr. Thorpe.
(c) Dr. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
2. Where does Dr. Flint clearly believe Linda escapes to?
3. Where does Mrs. Flint want Aunt Nancy buried?
4. Why doesn't Linda tell her family about her hiding place?
5. What item does the young Mrs. Flint deny an old feeble slave?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)