|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is posted within 24 hours of Linda's disappearance?
(a) Posters of Linda's children.
(b) Nothing was posted because Linda never disappeared.
(c) Posters of Linda being hung.
(d) Advertisements offering a reward for her capture.
2. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
(a) She does not know who their father is.
(b) She isn't allowed to give them their father's name due to the laws at that time.
(c) She is afraid of how Dr. Flint will react.
(d) She is afraid child protective services will take her children away.
3. Who is Mr. Thorpe grateful to for bestowing kindness onto him?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Mrs. Hobbs.
4. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
(a) Up North to work for a friend.
(b) To work for Mr. Litch.
(c) To the plantation.
(d) To his doctor offices.
5. Why do Benny and Ellen believe in Santa Claus?
(a) They wanted to tease the other children.
(b) They received many gifts even though their mother 'was far away'.
(c) They needed something hopeful in their lives.
(d) They didn't still believe in Santa Claus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Linda hears that someone from her hometown is coming to find her, where does Linda flee?
2. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
3. What does Mr. Sands promise Aunt Marthy?
4. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
5. Who continues to go out of his way to help Linda and her companion when they reach Philadelphia?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)