|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
(a) He proposes to move into Aunt Marthy's.
(b) He proposes to escape slavery with her.
(c) He proposes to sell her to another slaveholder.
(d) He proposes to marry her and wishes to buy her.
2. What is a muster?
(a) When the white folks raid the homes of the slaves and free black people.
(b) When a slave marries a free person.
(c) When a slaveholder beats a slave.
(d) When a slave escapes to the North.
3. Who writes Emily Flint's letter to Linda?
(a) Her brother/father.
(b) Her cousin.
(d) Her sister/mother.
4. When Linda goes into hiding in Boston, who lives with her there?
(b) Mrs. Bruce.
(d) Both of her children.
5. Which character does Linda meet with before she departs on her journey North?
(b) Mr. Sands.
(c) Aunt Nancy.
(d) Dr. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda send to try to dissuade Mr. Sands from his plans for her children?
2. Who does Mr. Sands inform of his true relationship with Benny and Ellen?
3. What group of people does Linda's host introduce her to in order to help her continue her journey to New York?
4. Mr. Sands considers William to be a coworker and a what?
5. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)