|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose house does Linda meet her daughter?
(a) At the dock.
(b) At the train station.
(c) A former slave's house from her hometown.
(d) At an abolisher's house.
2. Linda changes her mind, and goes ahead and flees North when someone spots her. Who is it?
(b) Dr. Flint.
(d) A local gossip.
3. Who is staying at the Hobbs' house when Linda goes to visit Ellen?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Mr. Thorpe.
4. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
5. Who does Linda meet soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(b) Ellen Brett.
(c) Reverend Durham.
(d) Dr. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character is arrested on charges of helping Linda escape?
2. What is the author's alias used in the story?
3. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
4. What item does Linda send to Dr. Flint to confirm his beliefs?
5. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)