|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Linda escape from the South?
(a) By carriage.
(b) By boat.
(c) By train.
(d) By foot.
2. Who continues to go out of his way to help Linda and her companion when they reach Philadelphia?
(c) The ship's captain.
(d) A homeless man Linda meets on the street.
3. Where is Linda's escape route from the South taking her first?
(c) New York.
(d) Washington D.C.
4. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
(a) He proposes to marry her and wishes to buy her.
(b) He proposes to move into Aunt Marthy's.
(c) He proposes to sell her to another slaveholder.
(d) He proposes to escape slavery with her.
5. Why does Mrs. Flint want Aunt Nancy buried in a specific spot?
(a) To cause Linda's family hardship.
(b) To show what a valuable servant she was.
(c) To punish her even in death.
(d) To show Aunt Marthy that she was in control.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is posted within 24 hours of Linda's disappearance?
2. How often does the town usually have a muster?
3. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
4. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
5. Who is Linda mad at for allowing themselves to be treated as second-class citizens?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)