|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Aunt Marthy when she is ill?
(a) Mrs. Flint.
(b) Linda Brett.
(c) Benjamin Brett.
(d) Jane Hoffman.
2. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
(a) She hopes to help change the destiny of the millions of women who still live in slavery.
(b) She hopes to aid the slaveholders.
(c) She thinks she is a great writer.
(d) She wants to be rich.
3. After Linda hides in the swamps, what is the location of her new hiding spot?
(a) The Flint's house.
(b) Peter's house.
(c) Mr. Sands' house.
(d) Her grandmother's house.
4. Where is Ellen sent to live?
(a) She is not sent to live anywhere.
(b) To live with Mr. Sands.
(c) To live with Dr. Flint.
(d) To live with Mr. Sands' relatives in New York.
5. What information does Linda tell Mrs. Bruce before she leaves the family?
(a) The she stole money from them.
(b) That she was Ellen's mother.
(c) That she was a fugitive slave.
(d) That Mr. Sands was her childrens' father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Thorpe grateful to for bestowing kindness onto him?
2. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
3. On what mode of transportation does Linda continue her journey to New York?
4. How does Linda escape from the South?
5. Why does Linda risk coming out of hiding to talk to Mr. Sands?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)