|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Linda meet with before she departs on her journey North?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(b) Aunt Nancy.
(c) Mr. Sands.
2. What information does Linda tell Mrs. Bruce before she leaves the family?
(a) That she was a fugitive slave.
(b) That Mr. Sands was her childrens' father.
(c) That she was Ellen's mother.
(d) The she stole money from them.
3. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
(a) She was hiding from the Flints in an attic.
(b) She was hiding from the Flints in a small room.
(c) She was hiding from the Bretts in some bushes.
(d) She was hiding from the Flints in some bushes.
4. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
(a) The Flints.
(b) Mr. Sands.
(c) A kind slaveholder man in town.
(d) A kind slaveholder woman in town.
5. Which character is jealous of Linda?
(c) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Mrs. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
2. Even though Linda has made several attempts to avoid this person at the Hobbs' house, who requests to see her?
3. For approximately how many years does Linda stay in hiding before an opportunity to escape arises?
4. Why does Linda feel that Aunt Nancy is 'slowly murdered'?
5. What does Dr. Flint do with the item Linda sends to her grandmother?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)