|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Flint want Aunt Nancy buried in a specific spot?
(a) To cause Linda's family hardship.
(b) To show what a valuable servant she was.
(c) To punish her even in death.
(d) To show Aunt Marthy that she was in control.
2. Why do Benny and Ellen believe in Santa Claus?
(a) They wanted to tease the other children.
(b) They didn't still believe in Santa Claus.
(c) They needed something hopeful in their lives.
(d) They received many gifts even though their mother 'was far away'.
3. Even though Linda has made several attempts to avoid this person at the Hobbs' house, who requests to see her?
(a) Mrs. Bruce.
(b) Mr. Thorpe.
(c) Mrs. Hobbs.
4. In whose house does Linda meet her daughter?
(a) At an abolisher's house.
(b) At the dock.
(c) A former slave's house from her hometown.
(d) At the train station.
5. During Linda's meeting with the character in question #101, what information is discovered?
(a) Linda discovers that Mr. Sands has sold Ellen into slavery.
(b) Linda discovers that Benny has known about her hiding place for quite some time.
(c) Linda discovers that Aunt Nancy has died.
(d) Linda discovers that Dr. Flint is on his way to recapture her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Linda and William remain connected?
2. Who is unable to attend Aunt Nancy's funeral?
3. What does Linda take from her grandmother's house to make it appear as though she has run up North?
4. Where is Ellen sent to live?
5. Which character leaves with Linda when she escapes from the South?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)