|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) Nat Turner's insurrection.
(b) Linda's disappearance.
(c) The death of a slave.
(d) Benjamin's escape to the North.
2. In Chapter 10, Dr. Flint is still determined to have his way with Linda. What plan does he devise to remove Linda from the watchful eyes of those who love her?
(a) Dr. Flint plans to forbid her from ever leaving his house.
(b) Dr. Flint does not devise any plan because he could care less what others think of his relationship with Linda.
(c) Dr. Flint plans to build her a home several miles from town.
(d) Dr. Flint does not devise any plan because he does not want Linda.
3. What information does Linda tell Mrs. Bruce before she leaves the family?
(a) The she stole money from them.
(b) That she was a fugitive slave.
(c) That she was Ellen's mother.
(d) That Mr. Sands was her childrens' father.
4. Who complains about delivering meals to Linda?
(a) The servants.
(b) The other train passengers.
(c) The white waiters.
(d) The other nursemaids.
5. On what mode of transportation does Linda continue her journey to New York?
(a) By carriage.
(b) By train.
(c) By boat.
(d) By foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
2. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
3. What event happens during Linda's first night in the big city that makes her aware of the differences between life in the North versus life in the South?
4. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
5. What family ends up employing Linda?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)