|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. What circumstances prevent Ellen from going to live with Linda?
(a) Linda did not want Ellen to live with her.
(b) Ellen did not want to live with Linda.
(c) Linda did not have a place for Ellen to live.
(d) Ellen was pregnant.
3. What information does Linda tell Mrs. Bruce before she leaves the family?
(a) That she was a fugitive slave.
(b) That Mr. Sands was her childrens' father.
(c) The she stole money from them.
(d) That she was Ellen's mother.
4. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
(a) To teach the slaves to obey their masters.
(b) To teach the slaves to read.
(c) To teach the slaves how to escape North.
(d) To teach the slaves how to pray.
5. What item does the young Mrs. Flint deny an old feeble slave?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His medication.
(c) His share of work.
(d) His meat ration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is jealous of Linda?
2. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
3. Who writes Emily Flint's letter to Linda?
4. Why does Linda risk coming out of hiding to talk to Mr. Sands?
5. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)