|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose household is Aunt Nancy a slave?
(a) Nobody's house.
(b) Dr. and Mrs. Flint's.
(c) Mr. Brett's.
(d) Mr. Sands'.
2. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
(a) Her childhood.
(b) Her adolesence.
(c) Her tweens.
(d) Her adulthood.
3. Where does Dr. Flint clearly believe Linda escapes to?
(c) Nowhere. Linda never escaped.
(d) The free states.
4. Who writes Emily Flint's letter to Linda?
(a) Her sister/mother.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her brother/father.
5. What is posted within 24 hours of Linda's disappearance?
(a) Advertisements offering a reward for her capture.
(b) Posters of Linda being hung.
(c) Posters of Linda's children.
(d) Nothing was posted because Linda never disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Flint want Aunt Nancy buried?
2. Who does Linda meet soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
3. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
4. Why is Linda overwhelmed by the big city sights and sounds?
5. How does Mrs. Bruce react to the news that Linda confesses to her?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)