|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Sands inform of his true relationship with Benny and Ellen?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(b) His new wife.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
2. What event happens to Linda during her second winter in her den?
(a) Her grandmother dies.
(b) Dr. Flint finds out where she's hiding.
(c) She becomes very ill.
(d) Benny becomes very ill.
3. How many days does Linda's journey take to reach her first destination?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 48 days.
(d) 2 days.
4. After Linda's reprimands, where does she begin having her meals?
(a) In her room.
(b) Linda stopped eating.
(c) In the 'Jim Crowe' cars.
5. Who is Linda mad at for allowing themselves to be treated as second-class citizens?
(a) The Irish community.
(b) The escaped slave community.
(c) The nursemaid community.
(d) The African-American community.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose house does Linda meet her daughter?
2. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
3. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
4. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
5. What country is Linda's new employer from?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)