|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Linda reprimanded for sitting with her employers at meal times?
(a) The tables were 'white only'.
(b) The other passengers complained.
(c) The other nursemaids thought she was rude.
(d) The family forbade her to sit with them.
2. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
(a) She is afraid no one will believe her.
(b) She is self-conscious about her lack of formal education.
(c) She is illiterate.
(d) She is not writing about facts.
3. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
(a) Uncle Fred.
(b) Mr. Sands.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
4. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
5. Why is Linda concerned about finding employment in Chapter 33?
(a) She had no living arrangements.
(b) She did not know how to read or write.
(c) She had no skills.
(d) She had no references.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does William accompany Mr. Sands to Washington?
2. How does Linda escape from the South?
3. How does Mr. Sands feel about William's work ethic?
4. Why does Linda risk coming out of hiding to talk to Mr. Sands?
5. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)