|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
(d) Aunt Marthy.
2. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
3. Why is Linda upset by some of Benny's remarks when he arrives in Boston?
(a) She knew the remarks weren't true.
(b) She knew the remarks were true.
(c) She thought the remarks were rude.
(d) She thought the remarks were mean.
4. Although Linda initially accepts the opportunity to escape, she is talked into staying. Who does Linda give her opportunity to?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(d) No One.
5. What does Linda take from her grandmother's house to make it appear as though she has run up North?
(a) Her grandmother's money.
(b) Her belongings.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes Emily Flint's letter to Linda?
2. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
3. During Linda's meeting with the character in question #101, what information is discovered?
4. Where is Linda's escape route from the South taking her first?
5. What does Dr. Flint do with the item Linda sends to her grandmother?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)