|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Sands feel about William's work ethic?
(a) He is unsatisified with it.
(b) He is satisified with it.
(c) He beats William until he changes.
(d) William never worked for Mr. Sands.
2. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
(a) Never occurs.
(d) Not mentioned in the story.
3. Who arranges for Linda's escape?
(a) Her friend, Peter.
(b) Her brother, William.
(c) Her daughter, Ellen.
(d) Her master, Dr. Flint.
4. Why does Linda risk coming out of hiding to talk to Mr. Sands?
(a) She wants to secure her children's freedom.
(b) She wants him to tell Dr. Flint where she is hiding.
(c) She wants to have another child.
(d) She wants to tell him she loves him.
5. Who visits Aunt Marthy when she is ill?
(a) Jane Hoffman.
(b) Linda Brett.
(c) Mrs. Flint.
(d) Benjamin Brett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda meet soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
2. Why doesn't the character in question #105 feel any pity for Linda when told about Linda's living conditions for the past several years?
3. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
4. For what political party does Mr. Sands run for office?
5. In whose household is Aunt Nancy a slave?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)