|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Linda call her new hiding spot?
(a) Her den.
(b) Her library.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) Her hole.
2. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
(a) To be returned to slavery.
(b) To flee to another state.
(c) To be beaten by her master.
3. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
(a) The slave fathers a child with Mrs. Flint.
(b) The slave suspects Dr. Flint is the father of his wife's child.
(c) The slave steals food from Dr. Flint's daughter.
(d) The slave spits at Dr. Flint.
4. What is a muster?
(a) When a slave escapes to the North.
(b) When the white folks raid the homes of the slaves and free black people.
(c) When a slaveholder beats a slave.
(d) When a slave marries a free person.
5. Why doesn't the character in question #105 feel any pity for Linda when told about Linda's living conditions for the past several years?
(a) Benny did not pity Linda because he was angry at his mother for hiding from him.
(b) Ellen did not pity Linda because she was mad at Linda for not telling her where she was hiding.
(c) William did not pity Linda because he had much harder trials in slavery then she did.
(d) Fanny did not pity Linda because Fanny was upset to never have the opporunity to see her children again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
2. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
3. In whose house does Linda meet her daughter?
4. Why do Benny and Ellen believe in Santa Claus?
5. Who does Linda meet soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)