|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author's alias used in the story?
(a) Linda Brent.
(b) Aunt Nancy.
(c) Aunt Marty.
(d) Harriet Jacobs.
2. Who is unable to attend Aunt Nancy's funeral?
(c) Mrs. Flint.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
3. How does Linda escape from the South?
(a) By train.
(b) By foot.
(c) By boat.
(d) By carriage.
4. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
(a) Northerners do not move South to purchase slaves.
(b) They tend to treat them the same.
(c) They tend to treat them harsher.
(d) They tend to treat them kinder.
5. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
(a) Linda knew his wife would not let him keep his promises.
(b) Linda was afraid to believe his promises.
(c) Dr. Flint never threatened or promised her anything.
(d) Linda knows he is dishonest.
Short Answer Questions
1. For approximately how many years does Linda stay in hiding before an opportunity to escape arises?
2. Although Linda initially accepts the opportunity to escape, she is talked into staying. Who does Linda give her opportunity to?
3. Why doesn't the character in question #105 feel any pity for Linda when told about Linda's living conditions for the past several years?
4. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
5. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)