|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
(a) The Flints.
(b) A kind slaveholder man in town.
(c) A kind slaveholder woman in town.
(d) Mr. Sands.
2. Who arranges for Linda's escape?
(a) Her daughter, Ellen.
(b) Her master, Dr. Flint.
(c) Her brother, William.
(d) Her friend, Peter.
3. Although Linda initially accepts the opportunity to escape, she is talked into staying. Who does Linda give her opportunity to?
(a) No One.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
4. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
(a) She informs him that she is running away.
(b) She informs him that she is pregnant.
(c) She informs him that she is free.
(d) She informs him that he is the father of her children.
5. What does William do when he is in Washington?
(a) He helps Linda escape from slavery.
(b) Nothing. William does not go to Washington.
(c) He kills Mr. Sands.
(d) He escapes from slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
2. Where does Mrs. Flint want Aunt Nancy buried?
3. What is the occupation of the character Linda meets soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
4. Why is Linda overwhelmed by the big city sights and sounds?
5. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)