|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the character in question #105 feel any pity for Linda when told about Linda's living conditions for the past several years?
(a) William did not pity Linda because he had much harder trials in slavery then she did.
(b) Fanny did not pity Linda because Fanny was upset to never have the opporunity to see her children again.
(c) Benny did not pity Linda because he was angry at his mother for hiding from him.
(d) Ellen did not pity Linda because she was mad at Linda for not telling her where she was hiding.
2. In whose household is Aunt Nancy a slave?
(a) Mr. Brett's.
(b) Mr. Sands'.
(c) Nobody's house.
(d) Dr. and Mrs. Flint's.
3. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) Benjamin's escape to the North.
(b) The death of a slave.
(c) Linda's disappearance.
(d) Nat Turner's insurrection.
4. During Linda's meeting with the character in question #101, what information is discovered?
(a) Linda discovers that Mr. Sands has sold Ellen into slavery.
(b) Linda discovers that Aunt Nancy has died.
(c) Linda discovers that Benny has known about her hiding place for quite some time.
(d) Linda discovers that Dr. Flint is on his way to recapture her.
5. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
(a) She informs him that she is pregnant.
(b) She informs him that she is free.
(c) She informs him that she is running away.
(d) She informs him that he is the father of her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
2. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
3. For what political party does Mr. Sands run for office?
4. What is a muster?
5. Where is Linda's escape route from the South taking her first?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)