|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
(a) Never occurs.
(c) Not mentioned in the story.
2. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) Linda's disappearance.
(b) The death of a slave.
(c) Benjamin's escape to the North.
(d) Nat Turner's insurrection.
3. Who continues to go out of his way to help Linda and her companion when they reach Philadelphia?
(a) A homeless man Linda meets on the street.
(c) The ship's captain.
4. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) January 1st.
(b) January 15th.
(c) December 25th.
(d) February 21st.
5. What is posted within 24 hours of Linda's disappearance?
(a) Nothing was posted because Linda never disappeared.
(b) Advertisements offering a reward for her capture.
(c) Posters of Linda's children.
(d) Posters of Linda being hung.
Short Answer Questions
1. What circumstances prevent Ellen from going to live with Linda?
2. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
3. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
4. Who is unable to attend Aunt Nancy's funeral?
5. Why is Linda unable to trust the captain in charge of her escape?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)