|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does William accompany Mr. Sands to Washington?
(a) To be his assistant.
(b) To find Linda.
(c) To escape from slavery.
(d) To find Linda's children.
2. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(d) A free black man in her town.
3. Who visits Aunt Marthy when she is ill?
(a) Benjamin Brett.
(b) Linda Brett.
(c) Jane Hoffman.
(d) Mrs. Flint.
4. How many miles does Linda have to walk to see her family?
(a) Six miles.
(b) Ten miles.
(c) One mile.
(d) Twenty miles.
5. Who does Linda meet soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
(a) Ellen Brett.
(b) Mr. Sands.
(c) Reverend Durham.
(d) Dr. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
2. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
3. What circumstances prevent Ellen from going to live with Linda?
4. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
5. For approximately how many years does Linda stay in hiding before an opportunity to escape arises?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)