|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Sands feel about William's work ethic?
(a) He is satisified with it.
(b) William never worked for Mr. Sands.
(c) He beats William until he changes.
(d) He is unsatisified with it.
2. What is Benny bitten by, causing him to become seriously injured?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A red ant.
(c) A dog.
(d) A mosquito.
3. In whose house does Linda meet her daughter?
(a) A former slave's house from her hometown.
(b) At the train station.
(c) At an abolisher's house.
(d) At the dock.
4. In what part of New York does Linda meet up with Ellen?
(c) Long Island.
5. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
(a) The slave steals food from Dr. Flint's daughter.
(b) The slave spits at Dr. Flint.
(c) The slave suspects Dr. Flint is the father of his wife's child.
(d) The slave fathers a child with Mrs. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
3. What item does Linda send to Dr. Flint to confirm his beliefs?
4. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
5. What two things does Linda immediately notice about Ellen?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)