|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
(a) The slave steals food from Dr. Flint's daughter.
(b) The slave spits at Dr. Flint.
(c) The slave fathers a child with Mrs. Flint.
(d) The slave suspects Dr. Flint is the father of his wife's child.
2. In whose household is Aunt Nancy a slave?
(a) Nobody's house.
(b) Dr. and Mrs. Flint's.
(c) Mr. Brett's.
(d) Mr. Sands'.
3. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
(a) She was hiding from the Flints in some bushes.
(b) She was hiding from the Flints in a small room.
(c) She was hiding from the Flints in an attic.
(d) She was hiding from the Bretts in some bushes.
4. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
(a) William Brent.
(b) Dr. Flint.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Harriet Jacobs.
5. Who continues to go out of his way to help Linda and her companion when they reach Philadelphia?
(a) The ship's captain.
(c) A homeless man Linda meets on the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges for Linda's escape?
2. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
3. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
4. Who is unable to attend Aunt Nancy's funeral?
5. Why does Linda risk coming out of hiding to talk to Mr. Sands?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)