|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Linda unable to trust the captain in charge of her escape?
(a) He threatens to kill her.
(b) He tried to rape her.
(c) She knows he is friends with Dr. Flint.
(d) She's been betrayed by too many other white people.
2. What is the occupation of the character Linda meets soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
(a) A plantation owner.
(b) A minister.
(c) A student.
(d) A senator.
3. Why does William accompany Mr. Sands to Washington?
(a) To find Linda's children.
(b) To be his assistant.
(c) To escape from slavery.
(d) To find Linda.
4. In whose house does Linda meet her daughter?
(a) At the dock.
(b) At the train station.
(c) At an abolisher's house.
(d) A former slave's house from her hometown.
5. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
(a) To flee to another state.
(c) To be beaten by her master.
(d) To be returned to slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Linda meet with before she departs on her journey North?
2. What item does Linda send to Dr. Flint to confirm his beliefs?
3. After Linda's meeting with Ellen, whom does she begin looking for?
4. Linda's second child reveals the identity of which character?
5. How do Linda and her grandmother feel when William is no longer a daily part of their lives?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)