|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
(b) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
(c) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
(d) Linda is a cook and steals food.
2. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
(a) New York.
3. Who does not remember Linda?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Mr. Sands.
4. What does Dr. Flint do with the item Linda sends to her grandmother?
(a) He gives it to her grandmother.
(b) He intercepts it and replaces it.
(c) He throws it away.
(d) Nothing. Linda does not send her grandmother anything.
5. What event happens during Linda's first night in the big city that makes her aware of the differences between life in the North versus life in the South?
(a) Linda awakes to the sounds of singing in the streets.
(b) Linda awakes to the sounds of a mother crying in the streets.
(c) Linda awakes to the sounds of carriages in the street.
(d) Linda awakes to the sounds of a fire and is shocked to see that no one else wakes to help out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a muster?
2. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
3. Who must Linda wait for to help her return to her den after she meets Mr. Sands?
4. Who does Linda meet soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
5. What is posted within 24 hours of Linda's disappearance?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)