|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Uncle Fred.
2. Where does Mrs. Flint want Aunt Nancy buried?
(a) Buried where most slaves are buried.
(b) Buried in a field.
(c) Buried in the Flint family plot.
(d) Buried under the house.
3. What event happens during Linda's first night in the big city that makes her aware of the differences between life in the North versus life in the South?
(a) Linda awakes to the sounds of singing in the streets.
(b) Linda awakes to the sounds of carriages in the street.
(c) Linda awakes to the sounds of a fire and is shocked to see that no one else wakes to help out.
(d) Linda awakes to the sounds of a mother crying in the streets.
4. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
(a) The slaveholders did not father any illegitimate children.
(b) They are treated the same as any other slave.
(c) They stay with their mothers, but are granted freedom.
(d) They live with their fathers.
5. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
(a) Her tweens.
(b) Her adulthood.
(c) Her childhood.
(d) Her adolesence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
2. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
3. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
4. Which character does Linda meet with before she departs on her journey North?
5. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)