|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Sands' response to Linda's demands?
(a) He is going to take the children and raise them as his own.
(b) He is going to sell the children into slavery.
(c) He does not believe his children are slaves and would never treat them as such.
(d) His hands are tied because the children still belong to Dr. Flint's daughter.
2. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
3. Who does Linda meet soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(b) Dr. Flint.
(c) Reverend Durham.
(d) Ellen Brett.
4. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
(a) To flee to another state.
(b) To be beaten by her master.
(c) To be returned to slavery.
5. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
(a) Not mentioned in the story.
(b) Never occurs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. After Linda's meeting with Ellen, whom does she begin looking for?
3. Which character does Linda meet with before she departs on her journey North?
4. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
5. Where does Dr. Flint clearly believe Linda escapes to?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)