|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Flint do with the item Linda sends to her grandmother?
(a) He gives it to her grandmother.
(b) Nothing. Linda does not send her grandmother anything.
(c) He throws it away.
(d) He intercepts it and replaces it.
2. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
(a) She is afraid child protective services will take her children away.
(b) She isn't allowed to give them their father's name due to the laws at that time.
(c) She is afraid of how Dr. Flint will react.
(d) She does not know who their father is.
3. Who pays the expenses for Aunt Nancy's funeral?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Mrs. Flint.
(d) Uncle Phillip.
4. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
(a) She convinces him to go North and seek his fortune.
(b) She convinces him to become a slave.
(c) She convinces him to free her from slavery.
(d) She convinces him to kill himself.
5. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
(a) Uncle Fred.
(b) Mr. Sands.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
3. Where does Mrs. Flint want Aunt Nancy buried?
4. How does Mr. Sands feel about William's work ethic?
5. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)