|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
(a) She convinces him to kill himself.
(b) She convinces him to go North and seek his fortune.
(c) She convinces him to free her from slavery.
(d) She convinces him to become a slave.
2. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
(b) Never occurs.
(c) Not mentioned in the story.
3. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
4. What is a muster?
(a) When a slave marries a free person.
(b) When a slaveholder beats a slave.
(c) When the white folks raid the homes of the slaves and free black people.
(d) When a slave escapes to the North.
5. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda have an affair with to thwart Dr. Flint's plan?
2. For approximately how many years does Linda stay in hiding before an opportunity to escape arises?
3. Why does Linda feel that Aunt Nancy is 'slowly murdered'?
4. Who becomes very ill in jail and goes to live with the Flints?
5. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)