|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. Who buys Linda's children from the Flints?
(a) No one, because Linda's children are free.
(b) Mr. Sands.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
3. What does William do when he is in Washington?
(a) Nothing. William does not go to Washington.
(b) He kills Mr. Sands.
(c) He helps Linda escape from slavery.
(d) He escapes from slavery.
4. How many days does Linda's journey take to reach her first destination?
(a) 48 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 10 days.
5. What two things does Linda immediately notice about Ellen?
(a) She noticed that Ellen's hair and face have been burned.
(b) She noticed that Ellen did love her anymore and that she wanted to live with her father.
(c) She noticed that Ellen's care and education have been well-cared for.
(d) She noticed that Ellen's care and education have been neglected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event happens during Linda's first night in the big city that makes her aware of the differences between life in the North versus life in the South?
2. Which character leaves with Linda when she escapes from the South?
3. Although Linda initially accepts the opportunity to escape, she is talked into staying. Who does Linda give her opportunity to?
4. Who visits Aunt Marthy when she is ill?
5. Why is Linda overwhelmed by the big city sights and sounds?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)