|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William do when he is in Washington?
(a) Nothing. William does not go to Washington.
(b) He escapes from slavery.
(c) He kills Mr. Sands.
(d) He helps Linda escape from slavery.
2. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
(a) It forces people to marry.
(b) It forces the slaves to choose their owners.
(c) It takes away their property.
(d) It tears families apart.
3. During Linda's meeting with the character in question #101, what information is discovered?
(a) Linda discovers that Mr. Sands has sold Ellen into slavery.
(b) Linda discovers that Benny has known about her hiding place for quite some time.
(c) Linda discovers that Aunt Nancy has died.
(d) Linda discovers that Dr. Flint is on his way to recapture her.
4. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
(a) They are treated the same as any other slave.
(b) The slaveholders did not father any illegitimate children.
(c) They live with their fathers.
(d) They stay with their mothers, but are granted freedom.
5. Where is Ellen sent to live?
(a) To live with Mr. Sands' relatives in New York.
(b) She is not sent to live anywhere.
(c) To live with Mr. Sands.
(d) To live with Dr. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
2. What is a muster?
3. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
4. Linda changes her mind, and goes ahead and flees North when someone spots her. Who is it?
5. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)