|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Sands inform of his true relationship with Benny and Ellen?
(b) His new wife.
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
2. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
(a) Eleven years old.
(b) Six years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Twenty years old.
3. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) In the early morning.
(d) At midmight.
4. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
(a) She was hiding from the Flints in an attic.
(b) She was hiding from the Flints in a small room.
(c) She was hiding from the Flints in some bushes.
(d) She was hiding from the Bretts in some bushes.
5. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
(a) Dr. Flint never threatened or promised her anything.
(b) Linda knew his wife would not let him keep his promises.
(c) Linda was afraid to believe his promises.
(d) Linda knows he is dishonest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
2. The author anticipates that the reading public will judge her harshly for what action?
3. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
4. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
5. What event happens to Linda during her second winter in her den?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)