|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author's alias used in the story?
(a) Aunt Nancy.
(b) Linda Brent.
(c) Harriet Jacobs.
(d) Aunt Marty.
2. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
(a) She isn't allowed to give them their father's name due to the laws at that time.
(b) She is afraid child protective services will take her children away.
(c) She does not know who their father is.
(d) She is afraid of how Dr. Flint will react.
3. Who does Mr. Sands inform of his true relationship with Benny and Ellen?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(b) His new wife.
(c) Dr. Flint.
4. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
(d) Aunt Marthy.
5. What item does Linda send to Dr. Flint to confirm his beliefs?
(a) A rose.
(b) A letter.
(c) Linda does not send anything to Dr. Flint.
(d) A telegram.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose household is Aunt Nancy a slave?
2. Who buys Linda's children from the Flints?
3. How long does Linda stay in her hiding place?
4. Who does not remember Linda?
5. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)