|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Linda immediately notice about Ellen?
(a) She noticed that Ellen's care and education have been well-cared for.
(b) She noticed that Ellen's hair and face have been burned.
(c) She noticed that Ellen's care and education have been neglected.
(d) She noticed that Ellen did love her anymore and that she wanted to live with her father.
2. Where is Linda's escape route from the South taking her first?
(a) New York.
(d) Washington D.C.
3. Although Linda initially accepts the opportunity to escape, she is talked into staying. Who does Linda give her opportunity to?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(c) No One.
4. What does Mr. Sands promise Aunt Marthy?
(a) To help Linda escape slavery.
(b) To marry Linda.
(c) Not to beat Linda when he found out she was pregnant.
(d) To take care of his children the best he could.
5. Where does Dr. Flint clearly believe Linda escapes to?
(a) The free states.
(c) Nowhere. Linda never escaped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
2. Who does not remember Linda?
3. Why is Linda unable to trust the captain in charge of her escape?
4. Who does Linda have an affair with to thwart Dr. Flint's plan?
5. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)