|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
(a) The Flints.
(b) A kind slaveholder man in town.
(c) Mr. Sands.
(d) A kind slaveholder woman in town.
2. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
(a) She thinks she is a great writer.
(b) She hopes to help change the destiny of the millions of women who still live in slavery.
(c) She hopes to aid the slaveholders.
(d) She wants to be rich.
3. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
(a) She informs him that she is pregnant.
(b) She informs him that she is running away.
(c) She informs him that she is free.
(d) She informs him that he is the father of her children.
4. Which character is jealous of Linda?
(c) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Mrs. Flint.
5. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
(a) They tend to treat them the same.
(b) Northerners do not move South to purchase slaves.
(c) They tend to treat them harsher.
(d) They tend to treat them kinder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a muster?
2. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
3. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
4. What event happens to Linda during her second winter in her den?
5. How long does Linda stay in her hiding place?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)