|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
(a) The slave steals food from Dr. Flint's daughter.
(b) The slave suspects Dr. Flint is the father of his wife's child.
(c) The slave fathers a child with Mrs. Flint.
(d) The slave spits at Dr. Flint.
2. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
3. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
(a) In the early morning.
(b) At midmight.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) In the afternoon.
4. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) Linda's disappearance.
(b) Benjamin's escape to the North.
(c) Nat Turner's insurrection.
(d) The death of a slave.
5. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
(a) She informs him that she is running away.
(b) She informs him that he is the father of her children.
(c) She informs him that she is free.
(d) She informs him that she is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
2. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
3. Linda's second child reveals the identity of which character?
4. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
5. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)