|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does the young Mrs. Flint deny an old feeble slave?
(a) His medication.
(b) His meat ration.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His share of work.
2. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(b) William Brent.
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) Harriet Jacobs.
3. For what political party does Mr. Sands run for office?
(a) The Republican Party.
(b) Mr. Sands did not run for a political office.
(c) The Democratic Party.
(d) The Whig Party.
4. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) February 21st.
(b) January 1st.
(c) December 25th.
(d) January 15th.
5. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
(a) It tears families apart.
(b) It forces the slaves to choose their owners.
(c) It takes away their property.
(d) It forces people to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is posted within 24 hours of Linda's disappearance?
2. Where does Dr. Flint clearly believe Linda escapes to?
3. What item does Linda send to Dr. Flint to confirm his beliefs?
4. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
5. After Linda hides in the swamps, what is the location of her new hiding spot?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)