|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is posted within 24 hours of Linda's disappearance?
(a) Posters of Linda being hung.
(b) Posters of Linda's children.
(c) Nothing was posted because Linda never disappeared.
(d) Advertisements offering a reward for her capture.
2. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
(a) Her adulthood.
(b) Her childhood.
(c) Her adolesence.
(d) Her tweens.
3. What does Linda make for her children at Christmas?
(a) She sews clothes and toys.
(b) She does not make them anything.
(c) She makes them cakes and cookies.
(d) She draws them pictures of the North.
4. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
(a) Aunt Marthy is Linda's aunt.
(b) Aunt Marthy is Linda's mother.
(c) Aunt Marthy is not related to Linda.
(d) Aunt Marthy is Linda's grandmother.
5. What name does Linda call her new hiding spot?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) Her den.
(c) Her library.
(d) Her hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author's alias used in the story?
2. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
3. Who visits Aunt Marthy when she is ill?
4. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
5. Who must Linda wait for to help her return to her den after she meets Mr. Sands?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)