|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what political party does Mr. Sands run for office?
(a) The Republican Party.
(b) The Democratic Party.
(c) The Whig Party.
(d) Mr. Sands did not run for a political office.
2. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
(a) Beatings, whippings, and murders.
(b) Parties, gambling, and drinking.
(c) Running, playing, and jumping.
(d) Kindness, love, and honor.
3. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) Linda's disappearance.
(b) Benjamin's escape to the North.
(c) The death of a slave.
(d) Nat Turner's insurrection.
4. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda is a cook and steals food.
(b) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
(c) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
(d) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
5. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
(a) They tend to treat them kinder.
(b) Northerners do not move South to purchase slaves.
(c) They tend to treat them the same.
(d) They tend to treat them harsher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does the young Mrs. Flint deny an old feeble slave?
2. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
3. What name does Linda call her new hiding spot?
4. Why does Linda risk coming out of hiding to talk to Mr. Sands?
5. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)