|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
(b) Never occurs.
(d) Not mentioned in the story.
2. What character is arrested on charges of helping Linda escape?
(b) Uncle Phillip.
(c) Mr. Sands.
3. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) A free black man in her town.
4. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
(a) It tears families apart.
(b) It forces people to marry.
(c) It forces the slaves to choose their owners.
(d) It takes away their property.
5. What event happens to Linda during her second winter in her den?
(a) Benny becomes very ill.
(b) Her grandmother dies.
(c) She becomes very ill.
(d) Dr. Flint finds out where she's hiding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
2. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
3. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
4. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
5. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)