|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Aunt Marthy invite over for Christmas dinner?
(a) Two slave hunters.
(b) Dr. Flint.
(d) Uncle Phillip.
2. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(c) A free black man in her town.
3. In Chapter 10, Dr. Flint is still determined to have his way with Linda. What plan does he devise to remove Linda from the watchful eyes of those who love her?
(a) Dr. Flint plans to build her a home several miles from town.
(b) Dr. Flint does not devise any plan because he does not want Linda.
(c) Dr. Flint plans to forbid her from ever leaving his house.
(d) Dr. Flint does not devise any plan because he could care less what others think of his relationship with Linda.
4. What is Benny bitten by, causing him to become seriously injured?
(a) A mosquito.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A red ant.
(d) A dog.
5. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(b) Harriet Jacobs.
(c) William Brent.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character is arrested on charges of helping Linda escape?
2. What name does Linda call her new hiding spot?
3. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
4. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
5. Why do Benny and Ellen believe in Santa Claus?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)