|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys Linda's children from the Flints?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(b) No one, because Linda's children are free.
(c) Mr. Sands.
2. Why do Benny and Ellen believe in Santa Claus?
(a) They needed something hopeful in their lives.
(b) They didn't still believe in Santa Claus.
(c) They received many gifts even though their mother 'was far away'.
(d) They wanted to tease the other children.
3. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
(c) All slaveholders are good and kind.
(d) Do not exist.
4. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
5. Who becomes very ill in jail and goes to live with the Flints?
(c) Aunt Marthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
2. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
3. Why does Linda risk coming out of hiding to talk to Mr. Sands?
4. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
5. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)