|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character is arrested on charges of helping Linda escape?
(b) Uncle Phillip.
(d) Mr. Sands.
2. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Harriet Jacobs.
(d) William Brent.
3. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
4. What name does Linda call her new hiding spot?
(a) Her library.
(b) Her hole.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) Her den.
5. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
(a) Aunt Marthy is not related to Linda.
(b) Aunt Marthy is Linda's grandmother.
(c) Aunt Marthy is Linda's aunt.
(d) Aunt Marthy is Linda's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Flint clearly believe Linda escapes to?
2. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
3. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
4. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
5. Why does Linda never go hungry?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)