|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
(a) They are told that it is more difficult and unpleasant than their current lives in slavery.
(b) They are told that they will freeze to death if they flee North.
(c) They are told that the Northern states have slavery too.
(d) They are told that it is bliss.
2. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) January 1st.
(b) December 25th.
(c) February 21st.
(d) January 15th.
3. What name does Linda call her new hiding spot?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) Her den.
(c) Her library.
(d) Her hole.
4. What does Linda take from her grandmother's house to make it appear as though she has run up North?
(a) Her grandmother's money.
(b) Her belongings.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her children.
5. What does Linda make for her children at Christmas?
(a) She sews clothes and toys.
(b) She does not make them anything.
(c) She makes them cakes and cookies.
(d) She draws them pictures of the North.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
2. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
3. Who visits Aunt Marthy when she is ill?
4. Whom does Aunt Marthy invite over for Christmas dinner?
5. What does Dr. Flint do with the item Linda sends to her grandmother?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)