|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
(a) The slave steals food from Dr. Flint's daughter.
(b) The slave suspects Dr. Flint is the father of his wife's child.
(c) The slave spits at Dr. Flint.
(d) The slave fathers a child with Mrs. Flint.
2. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
(a) Her adolesence.
(b) Her childhood.
(c) Her tweens.
(d) Her adulthood.
3. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
(a) Twenty years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Six years old.
(d) Eight years old.
4. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
(a) A kind slaveholder man in town.
(b) Mr. Sands.
(c) The Flints.
(d) A kind slaveholder woman in town.
5. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
(a) William Brent.
(b) Dr. Flint.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Harriet Jacobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character is arrested on charges of helping Linda escape?
2. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
3. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
4. What is posted within 24 hours of Linda's disappearance?
5. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)