|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda take from her grandmother's house to make it appear as though she has run up North?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her grandmother's money.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her belongings.
2. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
(a) She is not writing about facts.
(b) She is afraid no one will believe her.
(c) She is illiterate.
(d) She is self-conscious about her lack of formal education.
3. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
(a) They stay with their mothers, but are granted freedom.
(b) They live with their fathers.
(c) The slaveholders did not father any illegitimate children.
(d) They are treated the same as any other slave.
4. What is Benny bitten by, causing him to become seriously injured?
(a) A dog.
(b) A mosquito.
(c) A red ant.
(d) A coyote.
5. How long does Linda stay in her hiding place?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
2. For what political party does Mr. Sands run for office?
3. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
4. What does Dr. Flint do with the item Linda sends to her grandmother?
5. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)