|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Linda hiding in the swamps?
(a) Linda enjoys the swamps.
(b) Linda's hider kicks her out and she had no other place to go.
(c) The Flints find Linda and she flees to the swamps.
(d) She is waiting for a new secure hiding place.
2. What event happens to Linda during her second winter in her den?
(a) Her grandmother dies.
(b) Dr. Flint finds out where she's hiding.
(c) She becomes very ill.
(d) Benny becomes very ill.
3. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) Benjamin's escape to the North.
(b) Linda's disappearance.
(c) The death of a slave.
(d) Nat Turner's insurrection.
4. Which character is jealous of Linda?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Mrs. Flint.
5. What item does Linda send to Dr. Flint to confirm his beliefs?
(a) A letter.
(b) Linda does not send anything to Dr. Flint.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Linda stay in her hiding place?
2. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
3. Who must Linda wait for to help her return to her den after she meets Mr. Sands?
4. Who visits Aunt Marthy when she is ill?
5. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)