|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
(a) She is afraid child protective services will take her children away.
(b) She is afraid of how Dr. Flint will react.
(c) She does not know who their father is.
(d) She isn't allowed to give them their father's name due to the laws at that time.
2. What does Linda take from her grandmother's house to make it appear as though she has run up North?
(a) Her belongings.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her grandmother's money.
3. Why is Linda hiding in the swamps?
(a) Linda enjoys the swamps.
(b) Linda's hider kicks her out and she had no other place to go.
(c) She is waiting for a new secure hiding place.
(d) The Flints find Linda and she flees to the swamps.
4. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
(a) To teach the slaves to obey their masters.
(b) To teach the slaves to read.
(c) To teach the slaves how to pray.
(d) To teach the slaves how to escape North.
5. What work does William perform for Dr. Flint?
(a) William does not work for Dr. Flint.
(b) William is Dr. Flint's field foreman.
(c) William is Dr. Flint's medical assistant.
(d) William works in the fields on Dr. Flint's plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Benny bitten by, causing him to become seriously injured?
2. Which character is jealous of Linda?
3. What tool does Linda use to make a hole in her hiding place?
4. Why does Linda risk coming out of hiding to talk to Mr. Sands?
5. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)