|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event happens to Linda during her second winter in her den?
(a) Her grandmother dies.
(b) Dr. Flint finds out where she's hiding.
(c) She becomes very ill.
(d) Benny becomes very ill.
2. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
3. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
(d) Aunt Marthy.
4. How often does the town usually have a muster?
(a) Once a year.
(b) Once every five years.
(c) Twice each year.
(d) Once a month.
5. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) Benjamin's escape to the North.
(b) Linda's disappearance.
(c) The death of a slave.
(d) Nat Turner's insurrection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
2. Why is Linda hiding in the swamps?
3. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
4. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
5. What work does William perform for Dr. Flint?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)