|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
(a) He told Linda that he would tell who the father of her children were.
(b) He told Linda that he would tell his wife that Linda's children were his.
(c) He told Linda he would give her her freeedom if she let him have what he wanted.
(d) He told her that he couldn't wait to sell her children for large sums of money.
2. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
(a) Kindness, love, and honor.
(b) Running, playing, and jumping.
(c) Parties, gambling, and drinking.
(d) Beatings, whippings, and murders.
3. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(b) The Flints.
(c) A kind slaveholder woman in town.
(d) A kind slaveholder man in town.
4. What tool does Linda use to make a hole in her hiding place?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A knife.
(c) A saw.
(d) A gimlet.
5. Where does Dr. Flint clearly believe Linda escapes to?
(c) The free states.
(d) Nowhere. Linda never escaped.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
2. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
3. Why do Benny and Ellen believe in Santa Claus?
4. Who does Linda fall in love with?
5. What does Mr. Sands promise Aunt Marthy?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)