|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Linda tell her family about her hiding place?
(a) So they can truthfully say they have no idea where she is.
(b) So they cannot turn her in to The Flint family.
(c) Linda never hid, so she had no reason to tell them anything.
(d) To protect her children.
2. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
(b) Not mentioned in the story.
(d) Never occurs.
3. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
(a) She thinks she is a great writer.
(b) She hopes to aid the slaveholders.
(c) She wants to be rich.
(d) She hopes to help change the destiny of the millions of women who still live in slavery.
4. How many miles does Linda have to walk to see her family?
(a) One mile.
(b) Ten miles.
(c) Six miles.
(d) Twenty miles.
5. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
(a) She is afraid no one will believe her.
(b) She is illiterate.
(c) She is not writing about facts.
(d) She is self-conscious about her lack of formal education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Aunt Marthy invite over for Christmas dinner?
2. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
3. What item does the young Mrs. Flint deny an old feeble slave?
4. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
5. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)