|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
(a) Dr. Flint allows Linda her freedom.
(b) Linda escapes from slavery.
(c) Dr. Flint begins making advances toward her.
(d) Linda becomes pregnant.
2. How often does the town usually have a muster?
(a) Twice each year.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Once a year.
(d) Once every five years.
3. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
(b) New York.
4. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
(a) Up North to work for a friend.
(b) To work for Mr. Litch.
(c) To the plantation.
(d) To his doctor offices.
5. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(b) Dr. Flint.
(d) A free black man in her town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Linda stay in her hiding place?
2. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
3. What item does Linda send to Dr. Flint to confirm his beliefs?
4. Who visits Aunt Marthy when she is ill?
5. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)