|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Dr. Flint is still determined to have his way with Linda. What plan does he devise to remove Linda from the watchful eyes of those who love her?
(a) Dr. Flint does not devise any plan because he could care less what others think of his relationship with Linda.
(b) Dr. Flint plans to forbid her from ever leaving his house.
(c) Dr. Flint plans to build her a home several miles from town.
(d) Dr. Flint does not devise any plan because he does not want Linda.
2. Why does Linda risk coming out of hiding to talk to Mr. Sands?
(a) She wants to secure her children's freedom.
(b) She wants him to tell Dr. Flint where she is hiding.
(c) She wants to have another child.
(d) She wants to tell him she loves him.
3. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
(a) Benjamin is Linda's uncle.
(b) Benjamin is Linda's brother.
(c) Benjamin is Linda's husband.
(d) Benjamin is Linda's cousin.
4. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda is a cook and steals food.
(b) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
(c) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
(d) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
5. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
(a) She informs him that he is the father of her children.
(b) She informs him that she is pregnant.
(c) She informs him that she is running away.
(d) She informs him that she is free.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
2. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
3. Linda's second child reveals the identity of which character?
4. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
5. How many miles does Linda have to walk to see her family?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)