|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
2. Who does Linda have an affair with to thwart Dr. Flint's plan?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mr. Flint.
(d) Mr. Lover.
3. What is Benny bitten by, causing him to become seriously injured?
(a) A dog.
(b) A mosquito.
(c) A red ant.
(d) A coyote.
4. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
5. Where does Dr. Flint clearly believe Linda escapes to?
(a) The free states.
(d) Nowhere. Linda never escaped.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
2. What item does the young Mrs. Flint deny an old feeble slave?
3. Which character is jealous of Linda?
4. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
5. What event happens to Linda during her second winter in her den?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)