|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
(a) They tend to treat them the same.
(b) They tend to treat them harsher.
(c) They tend to treat them kinder.
(d) Northerners do not move South to purchase slaves.
2. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
(a) It forces the slaves to choose their owners.
(b) It tears families apart.
(c) It takes away their property.
(d) It forces people to marry.
3. In Chapter 10, Dr. Flint is still determined to have his way with Linda. What plan does he devise to remove Linda from the watchful eyes of those who love her?
(a) Dr. Flint plans to forbid her from ever leaving his house.
(b) Dr. Flint does not devise any plan because he does not want Linda.
(c) Dr. Flint plans to build her a home several miles from town.
(d) Dr. Flint does not devise any plan because he could care less what others think of his relationship with Linda.
4. Which character is jealous of Linda?
(b) Mrs. Flint.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
5. The author anticipates that the reading public will judge her harshly for what action?
(a) Escaping to the North.
(b) Lying to her slaveholder.
(c) Bearing children out of wedlock.
(d) Having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who must Linda wait for to help her return to her den after she meets Mr. Sands?
2. Who informs Linda that her children have been sold?
3. How long does Linda stay in her hiding place?
4. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
5. What item does Linda send to Dr. Flint to confirm his beliefs?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)