|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
(a) She convinces him to kill himself.
(b) She convinces him to go North and seek his fortune.
(c) She convinces him to free her from slavery.
(d) She convinces him to become a slave.
2. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
(a) She informs him that she is running away.
(b) She informs him that she is pregnant.
(c) She informs him that she is free.
(d) She informs him that he is the father of her children.
3. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
(b) Linda is a cook and steals food.
(c) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
(d) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
4. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
(a) They stay with their mothers, but are granted freedom.
(b) They live with their fathers.
(c) They are treated the same as any other slave.
(d) The slaveholders did not father any illegitimate children.
5. Who buys Linda's children from the Flints?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(c) No one, because Linda's children are free.
(d) Mr. Sands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
2. Who becomes very ill in jail and goes to live with the Flints?
3. Who must Linda wait for to help her return to her den after she meets Mr. Sands?
4. What does Mr. Sands promise Aunt Marthy?
5. How often does the town usually have a muster?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)