|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
(a) She has a boy.
(b) She does not have a second child.
(c) She has twins.
(d) She has a girl.
2. What is the author's alias used in the story?
(a) Harriet Jacobs.
(b) Aunt Nancy.
(c) Aunt Marty.
(d) Linda Brent.
3. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
(a) Up North to work for a friend.
(b) To the plantation.
(c) To work for Mr. Litch.
(d) To his doctor offices.
4. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
(a) With love.
(b) With cruelty.
(c) With respect.
(d) With kindness.
5. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(b) A free black man in her town.
(c) Dr. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
2. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
3. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
4. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
5. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)