|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work does William perform for Dr. Flint?
(a) William is Dr. Flint's field foreman.
(b) William works in the fields on Dr. Flint's plantation.
(c) William does not work for Dr. Flint.
(d) William is Dr. Flint's medical assistant.
2. What name does Linda call her new hiding spot?
(a) Her den.
(b) Her hole.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) Her library.
3. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
(a) Uncle Fred.
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Mr. Sands.
4. What is a muster?
(a) When a slave escapes to the North.
(b) When the white folks raid the homes of the slaves and free black people.
(c) When a slave marries a free person.
(d) When a slaveholder beats a slave.
5. What is the author's alias used in the story?
(a) Linda Brent.
(b) Aunt Marty.
(c) Aunt Nancy.
(d) Harriet Jacobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does the young Mrs. Flint deny an old feeble slave?
2. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
3. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
4. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
5. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)