|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
(a) She is afraid of how Dr. Flint will react.
(b) She is afraid child protective services will take her children away.
(c) She does not know who their father is.
(d) She isn't allowed to give them their father's name due to the laws at that time.
2. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
(a) She informs him that she is free.
(b) She informs him that she is pregnant.
(c) She informs him that he is the father of her children.
(d) She informs him that she is running away.
3. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
(a) To flee to another state.
(c) To be returned to slavery.
(d) To be beaten by her master.
4. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
(a) Dr. Flint allows Linda her freedom.
(b) Linda becomes pregnant.
(c) Dr. Flint begins making advances toward her.
(d) Linda escapes from slavery.
5. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
(a) Eight years old.
(b) Six years old.
(c) Eleven years old.
(d) Twenty years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
2. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
3. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
4. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
5. Who informs Linda that her children have been sold?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)