|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Sands promise Aunt Marthy?
(a) Not to beat Linda when he found out she was pregnant.
(b) To help Linda escape slavery.
(c) To marry Linda.
(d) To take care of his children the best he could.
2. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
(a) They tend to treat them harsher.
(b) They tend to treat them the same.
(c) Northerners do not move South to purchase slaves.
(d) They tend to treat them kinder.
3. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
(b) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
(c) Linda is a cook and steals food.
(d) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
4. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(b) Harriet Jacobs.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
(d) William Brent.
5. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
2. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
3. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
4. Who informs Linda that her children have been sold?
5. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)