|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a muster?
(a) When a slave marries a free person.
(b) When a slave escapes to the North.
(c) When the white folks raid the homes of the slaves and free black people.
(d) When a slaveholder beats a slave.
2. Who buys Linda's children from the Flints?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Mr. Sands.
(d) No one, because Linda's children are free.
3. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
(a) They are told that they will freeze to death if they flee North.
(b) They are told that it is more difficult and unpleasant than their current lives in slavery.
(c) They are told that the Northern states have slavery too.
(d) They are told that it is bliss.
4. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) December 25th.
(b) January 15th.
(c) February 21st.
(d) January 1st.
5. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
(a) Her adulthood.
(b) Her tweens.
(c) Her adolesence.
(d) Her childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
2. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
3. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
4. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
5. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)