|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
(a) New York.
2. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
(a) Aunt Marthy is Linda's mother.
(b) Aunt Marthy is Linda's grandmother.
(c) Aunt Marthy is not related to Linda.
(d) Aunt Marthy is Linda's aunt.
3. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
4. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
(a) She hopes to help change the destiny of the millions of women who still live in slavery.
(b) She hopes to aid the slaveholders.
(c) She wants to be rich.
(d) She thinks she is a great writer.
5. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
(a) The slave fathers a child with Mrs. Flint.
(b) The slave spits at Dr. Flint.
(c) The slave steals food from Dr. Flint's daughter.
(d) The slave suspects Dr. Flint is the father of his wife's child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Linda that her children have been sold?
2. What is posted within 24 hours of Linda's disappearance?
3. In Chapter 10, Dr. Flint is still determined to have his way with Linda. What plan does he devise to remove Linda from the watchful eyes of those who love her?
4. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
5. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)