|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
(a) They are told that they will freeze to death if they flee North.
(b) They are told that the Northern states have slavery too.
(c) They are told that it is more difficult and unpleasant than their current lives in slavery.
(d) They are told that it is bliss.
2. How often does the town usually have a muster?
(a) Once a year.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Twice each year.
(d) Once every five years.
3. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
(a) She wants to be rich.
(b) She hopes to help change the destiny of the millions of women who still live in slavery.
(c) She hopes to aid the slaveholders.
(d) She thinks she is a great writer.
4. Who does Linda have an affair with to thwart Dr. Flint's plan?
(a) Mr. Flint.
(b) Mr. Lover.
(c) Mr. Jones.
(d) Mr. Sands.
5. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
(a) William Brent.
(b) Dr. Flint.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Harriet Jacobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
2. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
3. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
4. Which character is jealous of Linda?
5. What does Mr. Sands promise Aunt Marthy?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)