|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(b) Uncle Fred.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
2. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
(a) The slave steals food from Dr. Flint's daughter.
(b) The slave spits at Dr. Flint.
(c) The slave fathers a child with Mrs. Flint.
(d) The slave suspects Dr. Flint is the father of his wife's child.
3. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
(a) With cruelty.
(b) With love.
(c) With kindness.
(d) With respect.
4. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
(a) Do not exist.
(c) All slaveholders are good and kind.
5. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda is a cook and steals food.
(b) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
(c) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
(d) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Linda call her new hiding spot?
2. Why doesn't Linda tell her family about her hiding place?
3. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
4. Who does Linda have an affair with to thwart Dr. Flint's plan?
5. Why is Linda hiding in the swamps?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)