|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Linda call her new hiding spot?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) Her library.
(c) Her hole.
(d) Her den.
2. Why doesn't Linda tell her family about her hiding place?
(a) So they cannot turn her in to The Flint family.
(b) Linda never hid, so she had no reason to tell them anything.
(c) To protect her children.
(d) So they can truthfully say they have no idea where she is.
3. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
(a) She is self-conscious about her lack of formal education.
(b) She is afraid no one will believe her.
(c) She is illiterate.
(d) She is not writing about facts.
4. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
(a) They are treated the same as any other slave.
(b) They live with their fathers.
(c) The slaveholders did not father any illegitimate children.
(d) They stay with their mothers, but are granted freedom.
5. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
(a) He told Linda that he would tell his wife that Linda's children were his.
(b) He told her that he couldn't wait to sell her children for large sums of money.
(c) He told Linda he would give her her freeedom if she let him have what he wanted.
(d) He told Linda that he would tell who the father of her children were.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
2. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
3. What character is arrested on charges of helping Linda escape?
4. Linda's second child reveals the identity of which character?
5. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)