|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
(a) They tend to treat them kinder.
(b) They tend to treat them harsher.
(c) Northerners do not move South to purchase slaves.
(d) They tend to treat them the same.
2. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
3. The author anticipates that the reading public will judge her harshly for what action?
(a) Bearing children out of wedlock.
(b) Escaping to the North.
(c) Having an affair.
(d) Lying to her slaveholder.
4. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
(a) He told Linda that he would tell his wife that Linda's children were his.
(b) He told Linda that he would tell who the father of her children were.
(c) He told Linda he would give her her freeedom if she let him have what he wanted.
(d) He told her that he couldn't wait to sell her children for large sums of money.
5. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
(a) Aunt Marthy is not related to Linda.
(b) Aunt Marthy is Linda's mother.
(c) Aunt Marthy is Linda's grandmother.
(d) Aunt Marthy is Linda's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
2. What work does William perform for Dr. Flint?
3. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
4. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
5. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)