|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
2. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
(b) To be beaten by her master.
(c) To be returned to slavery.
(d) To flee to another state.
3. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
(a) Her new shirt.
(b) Her new shoes.
(c) Her new bike.
(d) Her new bible.
4. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
(b) All slaveholders are good and kind.
(d) Do not exist.
5. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(b) The Flints.
(c) A kind slaveholder man in town.
(d) A kind slaveholder woman in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
2. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
3. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
4. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
5. What is posted within 24 hours of Linda's disappearance?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)