|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
(a) She informs him that she is free.
(b) She informs him that he is the father of her children.
(c) She informs him that she is pregnant.
(d) She informs him that she is running away.
2. What work does William perform for Dr. Flint?
(a) William does not work for Dr. Flint.
(b) William is Dr. Flint's medical assistant.
(c) William is Dr. Flint's field foreman.
(d) William works in the fields on Dr. Flint's plantation.
3. What is a muster?
(a) When the white folks raid the homes of the slaves and free black people.
(b) When a slave escapes to the North.
(c) When a slaveholder beats a slave.
(d) When a slave marries a free person.
4. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(b) The Flints.
(c) A kind slaveholder man in town.
(d) A kind slaveholder woman in town.
5. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) February 21st.
(b) December 25th.
(c) January 15th.
(d) January 1st.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
2. In Chapter 10, Dr. Flint is still determined to have his way with Linda. What plan does he devise to remove Linda from the watchful eyes of those who love her?
3. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
4. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
5. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)