|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda take from her grandmother's house to make it appear as though she has run up North?
(a) Her belongings.
(b) Her grandmother's money.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her children.
2. After Linda hides in the swamps, what is the location of her new hiding spot?
(a) Mr. Sands' house.
(b) Peter's house.
(c) Her grandmother's house.
(d) The Flint's house.
3. Why is Linda hiding in the swamps?
(a) She is waiting for a new secure hiding place.
(b) Linda's hider kicks her out and she had no other place to go.
(c) The Flints find Linda and she flees to the swamps.
(d) Linda enjoys the swamps.
4. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) Linda's disappearance.
(b) Nat Turner's insurrection.
(c) The death of a slave.
(d) Benjamin's escape to the North.
5. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
2. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
3. What does Mr. Sands promise Aunt Marthy?
4. What character is arrested on charges of helping Linda escape?
5. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)