|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
(a) She was hiding from the Flints in a small room.
(b) She was hiding from the Bretts in some bushes.
(c) She was hiding from the Flints in an attic.
(d) She was hiding from the Flints in some bushes.
2. How often does the town usually have a muster?
(a) Twice each year.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once every five years.
3. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
(a) The slave suspects Dr. Flint is the father of his wife's child.
(b) The slave spits at Dr. Flint.
(c) The slave fathers a child with Mrs. Flint.
(d) The slave steals food from Dr. Flint's daughter.
4. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
(a) She convinces him to kill himself.
(b) She convinces him to free her from slavery.
(c) She convinces him to go North and seek his fortune.
(d) She convinces him to become a slave.
5. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
(a) They are told that it is bliss.
(b) They are told that it is more difficult and unpleasant than their current lives in slavery.
(c) They are told that the Northern states have slavery too.
(d) They are told that they will freeze to death if they flee North.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
2. Who becomes very ill in jail and goes to live with the Flints?
3. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
4. After Linda hides in the swamps, what is the location of her new hiding spot?
5. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)