|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
(a) Her new bible.
(b) Her new bike.
(c) Her new shirt.
(d) Her new shoes.
2. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
(a) She does not know who their father is.
(b) She is afraid child protective services will take her children away.
(c) She isn't allowed to give them their father's name due to the laws at that time.
(d) She is afraid of how Dr. Flint will react.
3. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
(b) Do not exist.
(d) All slaveholders are good and kind.
4. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
(a) To his doctor offices.
(b) To the plantation.
(c) Up North to work for a friend.
(d) To work for Mr. Litch.
5. What character is arrested on charges of helping Linda escape?
(c) Uncle Phillip.
(d) Mr. Sands.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Linda hides in the swamps, what is the location of her new hiding spot?
2. How many miles does Linda have to walk to see her family?
3. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
4. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
5. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)