|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Linda hiding in the swamps?
(a) Linda's hider kicks her out and she had no other place to go.
(b) Linda enjoys the swamps.
(c) The Flints find Linda and she flees to the swamps.
(d) She is waiting for a new secure hiding place.
2. How long does Linda stay in her hiding place?
3. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
(a) She convinces him to kill himself.
(b) She convinces him to free her from slavery.
(c) She convinces him to go North and seek his fortune.
(d) She convinces him to become a slave.
4. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) Nat Turner's insurrection.
(b) Linda's disappearance.
(c) Benjamin's escape to the North.
(d) The death of a slave.
5. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
(a) To teach the slaves to read.
(b) To teach the slaves how to escape North.
(c) To teach the slaves how to pray.
(d) To teach the slaves to obey their masters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Linda that her children have been sold?
2. What name does Linda call her new hiding spot?
3. In Chapter 10, Dr. Flint is still determined to have his way with Linda. What plan does he devise to remove Linda from the watchful eyes of those who love her?
4. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
5. What is the author's alias used in the story?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)