|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tool does Linda use to make a hole in her hiding place?
(a) A saw.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gimlet.
2. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Uncle Fred.
(d) Mr. Sands.
3. Who does Linda have an affair with to thwart Dr. Flint's plan?
(a) Mr. Flint.
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mr. Sands.
(d) Mr. Lover.
4. How many miles does Linda have to walk to see her family?
(a) One mile.
(b) Ten miles.
(c) Six miles.
(d) Twenty miles.
5. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
(c) Aunt Marthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Sands promise Aunt Marthy?
2. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
3. Linda's second child reveals the identity of which character?
4. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
5. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)