|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) January 1st.
(b) December 25th.
(c) January 15th.
(d) February 21st.
2. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
(a) It tears families apart.
(b) It takes away their property.
(c) It forces people to marry.
(d) It forces the slaves to choose their owners.
3. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(b) Uncle Fred.
(c) Mr. Sands.
4. How often does the town usually have a muster?
(a) Once every five years.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Twice each year.
5. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) Linda's disappearance.
(b) Nat Turner's insurrection.
(c) Benjamin's escape to the North.
(d) The death of a slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
2. What is the author's alias used in the story?
3. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
4. Linda's second child reveals the identity of which character?
5. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)