|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Dr. Flint is still determined to have his way with Linda. What plan does he devise to remove Linda from the watchful eyes of those who love her?
(a) Dr. Flint plans to forbid her from ever leaving his house.
(b) Dr. Flint does not devise any plan because he does not want Linda.
(c) Dr. Flint does not devise any plan because he could care less what others think of his relationship with Linda.
(d) Dr. Flint plans to build her a home several miles from town.
2. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
(a) Up North to work for a friend.
(b) To work for Mr. Litch.
(c) To his doctor offices.
(d) To the plantation.
3. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
(a) To flee to another state.
(b) To be beaten by her master.
(d) To be returned to slavery.
4. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
5. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
(b) Linda is a cook and steals food.
(c) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
(d) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
2. Who becomes very ill in jail and goes to live with the Flints?
3. Who does Linda have an affair with to thwart Dr. Flint's plan?
4. What is the author's alias used in the story?
5. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)