|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
(a) Eleven years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Twenty years old.
(d) Six years old.
2. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
(a) Up North to work for a friend.
(b) To his doctor offices.
(c) To work for Mr. Litch.
(d) To the plantation.
3. How many miles does Linda have to walk to see her family?
(a) Ten miles.
(b) Twenty miles.
(c) One mile.
(d) Six miles.
4. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
(a) Benjamin is Linda's husband.
(b) Benjamin is Linda's brother.
(c) Benjamin is Linda's cousin.
(d) Benjamin is Linda's uncle.
5. The author anticipates that the reading public will judge her harshly for what action?
(a) Lying to her slaveholder.
(b) Bearing children out of wedlock.
(c) Having an affair.
(d) Escaping to the North.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda fall in love with?
2. What name does Linda call her new hiding spot?
3. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
4. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
5. What is posted within 24 hours of Linda's disappearance?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)