|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character is arrested on charges of helping Linda escape?
(b) Mr. Sands.
(d) Uncle Phillip.
2. What work does William perform for Dr. Flint?
(a) William is Dr. Flint's field foreman.
(b) William is Dr. Flint's medical assistant.
(c) William works in the fields on Dr. Flint's plantation.
(d) William does not work for Dr. Flint.
3. Who does Linda have an affair with to thwart Dr. Flint's plan?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(b) Mr. Flint.
(c) Mr. Lover.
(d) Mr. Jones.
4. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
(a) Parties, gambling, and drinking.
(b) Running, playing, and jumping.
(c) Kindness, love, and honor.
(d) Beatings, whippings, and murders.
5. What does Linda take from her grandmother's house to make it appear as though she has run up North?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her belongings.
(c) Her grandmother's money.
(d) Her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
2. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
3. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
4. What is the author's alias used in the story?
5. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)