|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
(a) He proposes to sell her to another slaveholder.
(b) He proposes to move into Aunt Marthy's.
(c) He proposes to escape slavery with her.
(d) He proposes to marry her and wishes to buy her.
2. What name does Linda call her new hiding spot?
(a) Her hole.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) Her den.
(d) Her library.
3. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
(a) They tend to treat them the same.
(b) Northerners do not move South to purchase slaves.
(c) They tend to treat them kinder.
(d) They tend to treat them harsher.
4. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(a) A free black man in her town.
(c) Dr. Flint.
5. In Chapter 10, Dr. Flint is still determined to have his way with Linda. What plan does he devise to remove Linda from the watchful eyes of those who love her?
(a) Dr. Flint plans to forbid her from ever leaving his house.
(b) Dr. Flint does not devise any plan because he does not want Linda.
(c) Dr. Flint does not devise any plan because he could care less what others think of his relationship with Linda.
(d) Dr. Flint plans to build her a home several miles from town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
2. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
3. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
4. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
5. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)