|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
(a) He proposes to marry her and wishes to buy her.
(b) He proposes to sell her to another slaveholder.
(c) He proposes to move into Aunt Marthy's.
(d) He proposes to escape slavery with her.
2. What work does William perform for Dr. Flint?
(a) William works in the fields on Dr. Flint's plantation.
(b) William is Dr. Flint's medical assistant.
(c) William does not work for Dr. Flint.
(d) William is Dr. Flint's field foreman.
3. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
(a) He told Linda that he would tell who the father of her children were.
(b) He told Linda he would give her her freeedom if she let him have what he wanted.
(c) He told Linda that he would tell his wife that Linda's children were his.
(d) He told her that he couldn't wait to sell her children for large sums of money.
4. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
(a) She informs him that she is running away.
(b) She informs him that he is the father of her children.
(c) She informs him that she is pregnant.
(d) She informs him that she is free.
5. How long does Linda stay in her hiding place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
3. Why is Linda hiding in the swamps?
4. The author anticipates that the reading public will judge her harshly for what action?
5. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)