|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
(a) Not mentioned in the story.
(d) Never occurs.
2. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda is a cook and steals food.
(b) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
(c) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
(d) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
3. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) Nat Turner's insurrection.
(b) Linda's disappearance.
(c) The death of a slave.
(d) Benjamin's escape to the North.
4. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
(a) Twenty years old.
(b) Six years old.
(c) Eleven years old.
(d) Eight years old.
5. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
(a) In the early morning.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) At midmight.
(d) In the afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
2. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
3. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
4. How often does the town usually have a muster?
5. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)