|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
(a) Aunt Marthy is not related to Linda.
(b) Aunt Marthy is Linda's aunt.
(c) Aunt Marthy is Linda's mother.
(d) Aunt Marthy is Linda's grandmother.
2. The author anticipates that the reading public will judge her harshly for what action?
(a) Bearing children out of wedlock.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) Lying to her slaveholder.
(d) Escaping to the North.
3. How often does the town usually have a muster?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once every five years.
(c) Twice each year.
(d) Once a year.
4. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
(a) The slave suspects Dr. Flint is the father of his wife's child.
(b) The slave steals food from Dr. Flint's daughter.
(c) The slave spits at Dr. Flint.
(d) The slave fathers a child with Mrs. Flint.
5. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(b) Dr. Flint.
(c) A free black man in her town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work does William perform for Dr. Flint?
2. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
3. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
4. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
5. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)