|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is jealous of Linda?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Mrs. Flint.
2. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
(a) At midmight.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) In the early morning.
(d) In the afternoon.
3. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
(a) Her new bike.
(b) Her new shirt.
(c) Her new bible.
(d) Her new shoes.
4. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
(b) Uncle Fred.
(c) Mr. Sands.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
5. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
(a) She informs him that she is running away.
(b) She informs him that he is the father of her children.
(c) She informs him that she is pregnant.
(d) She informs him that she is free.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
2. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
3. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
4. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
5. Who does Linda have an affair with to thwart Dr. Flint's plan?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)