|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
(a) To teach the slaves how to escape North.
(b) To teach the slaves to read.
(c) To teach the slaves how to pray.
(d) To teach the slaves to obey their masters.
2. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
(a) With kindness.
(b) With cruelty.
(c) With respect.
(d) With love.
3. What does Mr. Sands promise Aunt Marthy?
(a) Not to beat Linda when he found out she was pregnant.
(b) To marry Linda.
(c) To take care of his children the best he could.
(d) To help Linda escape slavery.
4. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
(a) She hopes to aid the slaveholders.
(b) She thinks she is a great writer.
(c) She wants to be rich.
(d) She hopes to help change the destiny of the millions of women who still live in slavery.
5. What work does William perform for Dr. Flint?
(a) William is Dr. Flint's field foreman.
(b) William is Dr. Flint's medical assistant.
(c) William works in the fields on Dr. Flint's plantation.
(d) William does not work for Dr. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the town usually have a muster?
2. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
3. What is the author's alias used in the story?
4. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
5. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)