|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
(a) Linda becomes pregnant.
(b) Linda escapes from slavery.
(c) Dr. Flint begins making advances toward her.
(d) Dr. Flint allows Linda her freedom.
2. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
(a) Her new bike.
(b) Her new bible.
(c) Her new shoes.
(d) Her new shirt.
3. What work does William perform for Dr. Flint?
(a) William is Dr. Flint's field foreman.
(b) William works in the fields on Dr. Flint's plantation.
(c) William is Dr. Flint's medical assistant.
(d) William does not work for Dr. Flint.
4. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
(a) Never occurs.
(b) Not mentioned in the story.
5. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
(a) She hopes to help change the destiny of the millions of women who still live in slavery.
(b) She wants to be rich.
(c) She hopes to aid the slaveholders.
(d) She thinks she is a great writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is jealous of Linda?
2. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
3. What is a muster?
4. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
5. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)