|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
(a) Her new bible.
(b) Her new bike.
(c) Her new shoes.
(d) Her new shirt.
2. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
(a) They are told that they will freeze to death if they flee North.
(b) They are told that it is bliss.
(c) They are told that it is more difficult and unpleasant than their current lives in slavery.
(d) They are told that the Northern states have slavery too.
3. The author anticipates that the reading public will judge her harshly for what action?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Escaping to the North.
(c) Bearing children out of wedlock.
(d) Lying to her slaveholder.
4. What is the author's alias used in the story?
(a) Aunt Marty.
(b) Linda Brent.
(c) Aunt Nancy.
(d) Harriet Jacobs.
5. How often does the town usually have a muster?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Twice each year.
(d) Once every five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
2. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
3. Who does Linda have an affair with to thwart Dr. Flint's plan?
4. What does Mr. Sands promise Aunt Marthy?
5. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)