|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does the town usually have a muster?
(a) Once every five years.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Twice each year.
(d) Once a year.
2. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
(a) Aunt Marthy is not related to Linda.
(b) Aunt Marthy is Linda's aunt.
(c) Aunt Marthy is Linda's mother.
(d) Aunt Marthy is Linda's grandmother.
3. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
(a) They tend to treat them the same.
(b) They tend to treat them kinder.
(c) Northerners do not move South to purchase slaves.
(d) They tend to treat them harsher.
4. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
5. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
(a) Her new bike.
(b) Her new bible.
(c) Her new shoes.
(d) Her new shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is jealous of Linda?
2. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
3. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
4. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
5. Why does Linda never go hungry?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)