|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
(b) Linda is a cook and steals food.
(c) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
(d) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
3. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
(a) Benjamin is Linda's brother.
(b) Benjamin is Linda's cousin.
(c) Benjamin is Linda's uncle.
(d) Benjamin is Linda's husband.
4. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
5. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(c) A free black man in her town.
(d) Dr. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
2. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
3. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
4. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
5. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)