|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
(a) To teach the slaves to read.
(b) To teach the slaves how to pray.
(c) To teach the slaves to obey their masters.
(d) To teach the slaves how to escape North.
3. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
(a) Her new shirt.
(b) Her new shoes.
(c) Her new bible.
(d) Her new bike.
4. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
(a) In the middle of the night.
(b) At midmight.
(c) In the early morning.
(d) In the afternoon.
5. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
(b) Linda is a cook and steals food.
(c) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
(d) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
2. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
3. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
4. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
5. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)