|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
(a) They live with their fathers.
(b) The slaveholders did not father any illegitimate children.
(c) They stay with their mothers, but are granted freedom.
(d) They are treated the same as any other slave.
2. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
(a) With love.
(b) With respect.
(c) With cruelty.
(d) With kindness.
3. What does Mr. Sands promise Aunt Marthy?
(a) To help Linda escape slavery.
(b) Not to beat Linda when he found out she was pregnant.
(c) To take care of his children the best he could.
(d) To marry Linda.
4. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
(a) Linda escapes from slavery.
(b) Dr. Flint allows Linda her freedom.
(c) Dr. Flint begins making advances toward her.
(d) Linda becomes pregnant.
5. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
(a) Her adulthood.
(b) Her tweens.
(c) Her adolesence.
(d) Her childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
2. Who does Linda fall in love with?
3. The author anticipates that the reading public will judge her harshly for what action?
4. Who does Linda have an affair with to thwart Dr. Flint's plan?
5. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)