|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
(c) Aunt Marthy.
2. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) December 25th.
(b) February 21st.
(c) January 1st.
(d) January 15th.
3. Which character is jealous of Linda?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Mrs. Flint.
4. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
5. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) Benjamin's escape to the North.
(b) The death of a slave.
(c) Linda's disappearance.
(d) Nat Turner's insurrection.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author anticipates that the reading public will judge her harshly for what action?
2. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
3. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
4. How often does the town usually have a muster?
5. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)