|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
(a) Parties, gambling, and drinking.
(b) Kindness, love, and honor.
(c) Beatings, whippings, and murders.
(d) Running, playing, and jumping.
2. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
(a) She thinks she is a great writer.
(b) She hopes to aid the slaveholders.
(c) She wants to be rich.
(d) She hopes to help change the destiny of the millions of women who still live in slavery.
3. The author anticipates that the reading public will judge her harshly for what action?
(a) Escaping to the North.
(b) Lying to her slaveholder.
(c) Having an affair.
(d) Bearing children out of wedlock.
4. What is the author's alias used in the story?
(a) Aunt Marty.
(b) Harriet Jacobs.
(c) Linda Brent.
(d) Aunt Nancy.
5. What work does William perform for Dr. Flint?
(a) William works in the fields on Dr. Flint's plantation.
(b) William does not work for Dr. Flint.
(c) William is Dr. Flint's field foreman.
(d) William is Dr. Flint's medical assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
2. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
3. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
4. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
5. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)