|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
(a) Kindness, love, and honor.
(b) Running, playing, and jumping.
(c) Beatings, whippings, and murders.
(d) Parties, gambling, and drinking.
2. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
(a) Her tweens.
(b) Her adolesence.
(c) Her childhood.
(d) Her adulthood.
3. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
(a) With love.
(b) With cruelty.
(c) With respect.
(d) With kindness.
4. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(c) Uncle Fred.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
5. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
(a) It takes away their property.
(b) It forces people to marry.
(c) It forces the slaves to choose their owners.
(d) It tears families apart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
3. Who does Linda fall in love with?
4. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
5. How often does the town usually have a muster?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)