|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Linda have an affair with to thwart Dr. Flint's plan?
(a) Mr. Flint.
(b) Mr. Sands.
(c) Mr. Jones.
(d) Mr. Lover.
2. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
(a) Her adolesence.
(b) Her tweens.
(c) Her adulthood.
(d) Her childhood.
3. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
4. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) Benjamin's escape to the North.
(b) Linda's disappearance.
(c) Nat Turner's insurrection.
(d) The death of a slave.
5. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
(a) Eleven years old.
(b) Six years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Twenty years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
2. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
3. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
4. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
5. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)