|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
(a) Six years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Eleven years old.
(d) Twenty years old.
2. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) February 21st.
(b) January 1st.
(c) December 25th.
(d) January 15th.
3. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
(a) Benjamin is Linda's husband.
(b) Benjamin is Linda's brother.
(c) Benjamin is Linda's uncle.
(d) Benjamin is Linda's cousin.
4. What is the author's alias used in the story?
(a) Harriet Jacobs.
(b) Aunt Marty.
(c) Linda Brent.
(d) Aunt Nancy.
5. What work does William perform for Dr. Flint?
(a) William is Dr. Flint's medical assistant.
(b) William does not work for Dr. Flint.
(c) William works in the fields on Dr. Flint's plantation.
(d) William is Dr. Flint's field foreman.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
2. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
3. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
4. In Chapter 10, Dr. Flint is still determined to have his way with Linda. What plan does he devise to remove Linda from the watchful eyes of those who love her?
5. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)