|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
(a) Do not exist.
(b) All slaveholders are good and kind.
2. The author anticipates that the reading public will judge her harshly for what action?
(a) Escaping to the North.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) Bearing children out of wedlock.
(d) Lying to her slaveholder.
3. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
(b) To be beaten by her master.
(c) To flee to another state.
(d) To be returned to slavery.
4. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
(a) Linda becomes pregnant.
(b) Linda escapes from slavery.
(c) Dr. Flint allows Linda her freedom.
(d) Dr. Flint begins making advances toward her.
5. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
(a) She convinces him to become a slave.
(b) She convinces him to kill himself.
(c) She convinces him to free her from slavery.
(d) She convinces him to go North and seek his fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
2. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
3. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
4. What work does William perform for Dr. Flint?
5. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)