|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is jealous of Linda?
(a) Mrs. Flint.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
2. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
(a) They stay with their mothers, but are granted freedom.
(b) They are treated the same as any other slave.
(c) They live with their fathers.
(d) The slaveholders did not father any illegitimate children.
3. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
(a) Parties, gambling, and drinking.
(b) Beatings, whippings, and murders.
(c) Running, playing, and jumping.
(d) Kindness, love, and honor.
4. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
5. The author anticipates that the reading public will judge her harshly for what action?
(a) Bearing children out of wedlock.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) Lying to her slaveholder.
(d) Escaping to the North.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the town usually have a muster?
2. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
3. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
4. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
5. What does Mr. Sands promise Aunt Marthy?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)