|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author anticipates that the reading public will judge her harshly for what action?
(a) Lying to her slaveholder.
(b) Bearing children out of wedlock.
(c) Escaping to the North.
(d) Having an affair.
2. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
(a) William Brent.
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) Harriet Jacobs.
3. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
(a) She hopes to help change the destiny of the millions of women who still live in slavery.
(b) She hopes to aid the slaveholders.
(c) She thinks she is a great writer.
(d) She wants to be rich.
4. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) January 15th.
(b) December 25th.
(c) January 1st.
(d) February 21st.
5. How often does the town usually have a muster?
(a) Twice each year.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Once every five years.
(d) Once a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
2. Which character is jealous of Linda?
3. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
4. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
5. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)