|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
(a) All slaveholders are good and kind.
(c) Do not exist.
2. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
(b) To be returned to slavery.
(c) To be beaten by her master.
(d) To flee to another state.
3. The author anticipates that the reading public will judge her harshly for what action?
(a) Lying to her slaveholder.
(b) Bearing children out of wedlock.
(c) Having an affair.
(d) Escaping to the North.
4. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
(a) Benjamin is Linda's cousin.
(b) Benjamin is Linda's brother.
(c) Benjamin is Linda's husband.
(d) Benjamin is Linda's uncle.
5. What is the author's alias used in the story?
(a) Linda Brent.
(b) Aunt Nancy.
(c) Harriet Jacobs.
(d) Aunt Marty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
2. Why does Linda never go hungry?
3. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
4. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
5. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)