|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Sands promise Aunt Marthy?
(a) To marry Linda.
(b) Not to beat Linda when he found out she was pregnant.
(c) To help Linda escape slavery.
(d) To take care of his children the best he could.
2. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(c) A free black man in her town.
(d) Dr. Flint.
3. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
(a) She is afraid no one will believe her.
(b) She is not writing about facts.
(c) She is illiterate.
(d) She is self-conscious about her lack of formal education.
4. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
(a) Her adolesence.
(b) Her tweens.
(c) Her adulthood.
(d) Her childhood.
5. How often does the town usually have a muster?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once every five years.
(c) Once a year.
(d) Twice each year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
2. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
3. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
4. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
5. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)