|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Linda grace Dr. Flint with on the day she is to move into her new house?
(a) She informs him that he is the father of her children.
(b) She informs him that she is running away.
(c) She informs him that she is free.
(d) She informs him that she is pregnant.
2. Which character is jealous of Linda?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Mrs. Flint.
3. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
(a) To teach the slaves to obey their masters.
(b) To teach the slaves how to escape North.
(c) To teach the slaves to read.
(d) To teach the slaves how to pray.
4. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
(b) Mr. Sands.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Uncle Fred.
5. How often does the town usually have a muster?
(a) Once a year.
(b) Twice each year.
(c) Once every five years.
(d) Once a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
2. What work does William perform for Dr. Flint?
3. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
4. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
5. What is the author's alias used in the story?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)