|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
(a) Her new shoes.
(b) Her new bike.
(c) Her new bible.
(d) Her new shirt.
2. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
3. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
(a) She is illiterate.
(b) She is afraid no one will believe her.
(c) She is self-conscious about her lack of formal education.
(d) She is not writing about facts.
4. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(b) A free black man in her town.
(d) Dr. Flint.
5. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
(a) They live with their fathers.
(b) They stay with their mothers, but are granted freedom.
(c) The slaveholders did not father any illegitimate children.
(d) They are treated the same as any other slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
2. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
3. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
4. Which character is jealous of Linda?
5. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)