|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) February 21st.
(b) January 15th.
(c) January 1st.
(d) December 25th.
2. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
3. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
(b) Do not exist.
(d) All slaveholders are good and kind.
4. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
(a) In the early morning.
(b) At midmight.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) In the middle of the night.
5. The author anticipates that the reading public will judge her harshly for what action?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Lying to her slaveholder.
(c) Escaping to the North.
(d) Bearing children out of wedlock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
2. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
3. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
4. Who does Linda fall in love with?
5. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)