|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
(a) To be beaten by her master.
(b) To be returned to slavery.
(d) To flee to another state.
2. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
(a) Eleven years old.
(b) Twenty years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Six years old.
3. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(a) A free black man in her town.
(c) Dr. Flint.
4. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
(a) Aunt Marthy is Linda's grandmother.
(b) Aunt Marthy is Linda's aunt.
(c) Aunt Marthy is not related to Linda.
(d) Aunt Marthy is Linda's mother.
5. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
(b) Linda is a cook and steals food.
(c) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
(d) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
2. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
3. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
4. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
5. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)