|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
(a) Do not exist.
(d) All slaveholders are good and kind.
2. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
(a) The slave fathers a child with Mrs. Flint.
(b) The slave suspects Dr. Flint is the father of his wife's child.
(c) The slave spits at Dr. Flint.
(d) The slave steals food from Dr. Flint's daughter.
3. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
4. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
(a) They are told that the Northern states have slavery too.
(b) They are told that it is more difficult and unpleasant than their current lives in slavery.
(c) They are told that they will freeze to death if they flee North.
(d) They are told that it is bliss.
5. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
(a) Harriet Jacobs.
(b) William Brent.
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
2. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
3. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
4. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
5. Why does Linda never go hungry?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)