|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author's alias used in the story?
(a) Aunt Nancy.
(b) Harriet Jacobs.
(c) Linda Brent.
(d) Aunt Marty.
2. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
(a) Aunt Marthy is Linda's grandmother.
(b) Aunt Marthy is Linda's mother.
(c) Aunt Marthy is Linda's aunt.
(d) Aunt Marthy is not related to Linda.
3. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
(a) Her new shoes.
(b) Her new bike.
(c) Her new bible.
(d) Her new shirt.
4. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
(a) Not mentioned in the story.
(c) Never occurs.
5. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
(a) She is afraid no one will believe her.
(b) She is not writing about facts.
(c) She is self-conscious about her lack of formal education.
(d) She is illiterate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
2. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
3. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
4. Why does Linda never go hungry?
5. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)