|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
3. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
(a) Her new bible.
(b) Her new shirt.
(c) Her new bike.
(d) Her new shoes.
4. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(a) A free black man in her town.
(c) Dr. Flint.
5. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
(a) She thinks she is a great writer.
(b) She hopes to help change the destiny of the millions of women who still live in slavery.
(c) She wants to be rich.
(d) She hopes to aid the slaveholders.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
2. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
3. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
4. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
5. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)