|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) January 1st.
(b) February 21st.
(c) January 15th.
(d) December 25th.
2. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
(a) Benjamin is Linda's husband.
(b) Benjamin is Linda's cousin.
(c) Benjamin is Linda's uncle.
(d) Benjamin is Linda's brother.
3. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
(a) He proposes to marry her and wishes to buy her.
(b) He proposes to sell her to another slaveholder.
(c) He proposes to move into Aunt Marthy's.
(d) He proposes to escape slavery with her.
4. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
(a) Beatings, whippings, and murders.
(b) Kindness, love, and honor.
(c) Parties, gambling, and drinking.
(d) Running, playing, and jumping.
5. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
(a) Six years old.
(b) Twenty years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Eleven years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
2. Why does Linda never go hungry?
3. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
4. What is the author's alias used in the story?
5. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)