|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
(b) Do not exist.
(d) All slaveholders are good and kind.
2. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
(a) The slaveholders did not father any illegitimate children.
(b) They are treated the same as any other slave.
(c) They live with their fathers.
(d) They stay with their mothers, but are granted freedom.
3. What is the author's alias used in the story?
(a) Aunt Marty.
(b) Linda Brent.
(c) Aunt Nancy.
(d) Harriet Jacobs.
4. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
(a) Eight years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Six years old.
(d) Twenty years old.
5. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
(a) It takes away their property.
(b) It forces people to marry.
(c) It forces the slaves to choose their owners.
(d) It tears families apart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda fall in love with?
2. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
3. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
4. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
5. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)