|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
(a) They are told that it is more difficult and unpleasant than their current lives in slavery.
(b) They are told that the Northern states have slavery too.
(c) They are told that it is bliss.
(d) They are told that they will freeze to death if they flee North.
2. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
(b) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
(c) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
(d) Linda is a cook and steals food.
3. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
(a) It forces the slaves to choose their owners.
(b) It tears families apart.
(c) It takes away their property.
(d) It forces people to marry.
4. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
5. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author's alias used in the story?
2. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
3. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
4. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
5. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)