|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
(a) She convinces him to free her from slavery.
(b) She convinces him to go North and seek his fortune.
(c) She convinces him to become a slave.
(d) She convinces him to kill himself.
2. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
(a) He proposes to escape slavery with her.
(b) He proposes to marry her and wishes to buy her.
(c) He proposes to sell her to another slaveholder.
(d) He proposes to move into Aunt Marthy's.
3. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) A free black man in her town.
4. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
(a) Her new shoes.
(b) Her new shirt.
(c) Her new bike.
(d) Her new bible.
5. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
(a) Beatings, whippings, and murders.
(b) Kindness, love, and honor.
(c) Running, playing, and jumping.
(d) Parties, gambling, and drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
2. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
3. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
4. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
5. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)