|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
(a) They are told that the Northern states have slavery too.
(b) They are told that it is bliss.
(c) They are told that it is more difficult and unpleasant than their current lives in slavery.
(d) They are told that they will freeze to death if they flee North.
2. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
(a) Dr. Flint begins making advances toward her.
(b) Dr. Flint allows Linda her freedom.
(c) Linda becomes pregnant.
(d) Linda escapes from slavery.
3. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
4. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
(b) Linda is a cook and steals food.
(c) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
(d) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
5. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
(a) Aunt Marthy is Linda's mother.
(b) Aunt Marthy is Linda's grandmother.
(c) Aunt Marthy is Linda's aunt.
(d) Aunt Marthy is not related to Linda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda fall in love with?
2. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
3. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
4. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
5. What is the author's alias used in the story?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)