|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
(a) They tend to treat them harsher.
(b) Northerners do not move South to purchase slaves.
(c) They tend to treat them kinder.
(d) They tend to treat them the same.
2. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
(a) All slaveholders are good and kind.
(d) Do not exist.
3. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
(b) To flee to another state.
(c) To be returned to slavery.
(d) To be beaten by her master.
4. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
(a) Not mentioned in the story.
(c) Never occurs.
5. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda is a cook and steals food.
(b) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
(c) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
(d) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author's alias used in the story?
2. Who does Linda fall in love with?
3. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
4. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
5. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)