|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
(a) He proposes to move into Aunt Marthy's.
(b) He proposes to sell her to another slaveholder.
(c) He proposes to escape slavery with her.
(d) He proposes to marry her and wishes to buy her.
2. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
(a) Her adolesence.
(b) Her tweens.
(c) Her adulthood.
(d) Her childhood.
3. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(a) A free black man in her town.
(b) Dr. Flint.
4. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
(d) Aunt Marthy.
5. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
(a) She hopes to help change the destiny of the millions of women who still live in slavery.
(b) She hopes to aid the slaveholders.
(c) She thinks she is a great writer.
(d) She wants to be rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
2. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
3. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
4. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
5. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)