|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
(a) To flee to another state.
(c) To be returned to slavery.
(d) To be beaten by her master.
2. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
(a) Aunt Marthy is Linda's mother.
(b) Aunt Marthy is Linda's grandmother.
(c) Aunt Marthy is not related to Linda.
(d) Aunt Marthy is Linda's aunt.
3. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
4. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
(b) All slaveholders are good and kind.
(c) Do not exist.
5. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
2. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
3. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
4. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
5. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)