|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
(a) She hopes to help change the destiny of the millions of women who still live in slavery.
(b) She wants to be rich.
(c) She thinks she is a great writer.
(d) She hopes to aid the slaveholders.
2. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
(a) With cruelty.
(b) With respect.
(c) With kindness.
(d) With love.
3. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
(a) Her new shoes.
(b) Her new shirt.
(c) Her new bike.
(d) Her new bible.
4. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
(a) Aunt Marthy is Linda's aunt.
(b) Aunt Marthy is Linda's grandmother.
(c) Aunt Marthy is not related to Linda.
(d) Aunt Marthy is Linda's mother.
5. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
(a) Linda escapes from slavery.
(b) Dr. Flint begins making advances toward her.
(c) Linda becomes pregnant.
(d) Dr. Flint allows Linda her freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
2. What is the author's alias used in the story?
3. Why does Linda never go hungry?
4. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
5. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)