|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
(a) The slave steals food from Dr. Flint's daughter.
(b) The slave spits at Dr. Flint.
(c) The slave fathers a child with Mrs. Flint.
(d) The slave suspects Dr. Flint is the father of his wife's child.
2. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
(a) Dr. Flint allows Linda her freedom.
(b) Linda escapes from slavery.
(c) Dr. Flint begins making advances toward her.
(d) Linda becomes pregnant.
3. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
(a) Northerners do not move South to purchase slaves.
(b) They tend to treat them kinder.
(c) They tend to treat them the same.
(d) They tend to treat them harsher.
4. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
5. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
(a) With respect.
(b) With kindness.
(c) With cruelty.
(d) With love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
2. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
3. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
4. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
5. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)