|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(a) A free black man in her town.
(b) Dr. Flint.
2. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
(a) She is self-conscious about her lack of formal education.
(b) She is illiterate.
(c) She is not writing about facts.
(d) She is afraid no one will believe her.
3. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
(a) He proposes to escape slavery with her.
(b) He proposes to move into Aunt Marthy's.
(c) He proposes to sell her to another slaveholder.
(d) He proposes to marry her and wishes to buy her.
4. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
(a) With love.
(b) With respect.
(c) With cruelty.
(d) With kindness.
5. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
(a) Benjamin is Linda's brother.
(b) Benjamin is Linda's uncle.
(c) Benjamin is Linda's cousin.
(d) Benjamin is Linda's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is jealous of Linda?
2. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
3. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
4. Why does Linda never go hungry?
5. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)