|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is jealous of Linda?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Mrs. Flint.
2. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
(a) Never occurs.
(d) Not mentioned in the story.
3. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
(a) Aunt Marthy is Linda's mother.
(b) Aunt Marthy is not related to Linda.
(c) Aunt Marthy is Linda's grandmother.
(d) Aunt Marthy is Linda's aunt.
4. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
(a) He proposes to move into Aunt Marthy's.
(b) He proposes to escape slavery with her.
(c) He proposes to sell her to another slaveholder.
(d) He proposes to marry her and wishes to buy her.
5. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
(a) Six years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Twenty years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
3. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
4. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
5. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)