|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) January 1st.
(b) December 25th.
(c) January 15th.
(d) February 21st.
2. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
(a) Six years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Twenty years old.
(d) Eleven years old.
3. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
(b) All slaveholders are good and kind.
(d) Do not exist.
4. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
(a) They live with their fathers.
(b) They stay with their mothers, but are granted freedom.
(c) The slaveholders did not father any illegitimate children.
(d) They are treated the same as any other slave.
5. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
(a) It forces people to marry.
(b) It takes away their property.
(c) It tears families apart.
(d) It forces the slaves to choose their owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
3. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
4. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
5. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)