|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
(a) Parties, gambling, and drinking.
(b) Kindness, love, and honor.
(c) Beatings, whippings, and murders.
(d) Running, playing, and jumping.
2. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
(c) Aunt Marthy.
3. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
(a) With respect.
(b) With love.
(c) With cruelty.
(d) With kindness.
4. What is the author's alias used in the story?
(a) Linda Brent.
(b) Aunt Nancy.
(c) Harriet Jacobs.
(d) Aunt Marty.
5. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
(a) Not mentioned in the story.
(d) Never occurs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
2. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
3. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
4. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
5. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)