|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
(a) She convinces him to kill himself.
(b) She convinces him to free her from slavery.
(c) She convinces him to become a slave.
(d) She convinces him to go North and seek his fortune.
2. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
(a) He proposes to move into Aunt Marthy's.
(b) He proposes to marry her and wishes to buy her.
(c) He proposes to sell her to another slaveholder.
(d) He proposes to escape slavery with her.
3. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
(a) The slave steals food from Dr. Flint's daughter.
(b) The slave suspects Dr. Flint is the father of his wife's child.
(c) The slave fathers a child with Mrs. Flint.
(d) The slave spits at Dr. Flint.
4. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) January 1st.
(b) January 15th.
(c) February 21st.
(d) December 25th.
5. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
(a) Dr. Flint begins making advances toward her.
(b) Linda becomes pregnant.
(c) Dr. Flint allows Linda her freedom.
(d) Linda escapes from slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. Why does Linda never go hungry?
3. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
4. What is the author's alias used in the story?
5. Who does Linda fall in love with?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)