|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) February 21st.
(b) December 25th.
(c) January 15th.
(d) January 1st.
2. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
(a) The slave suspects Dr. Flint is the father of his wife's child.
(b) The slave fathers a child with Mrs. Flint.
(c) The slave steals food from Dr. Flint's daughter.
(d) The slave spits at Dr. Flint.
3. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
(a) Aunt Marthy is Linda's mother.
(b) Aunt Marthy is Linda's aunt.
(c) Aunt Marthy is Linda's grandmother.
(d) Aunt Marthy is not related to Linda.
4. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
(b) Do not exist.
(d) All slaveholders are good and kind.
5. What is the author's alias used in the story?
(a) Linda Brent.
(b) Aunt Marty.
(c) Harriet Jacobs.
(d) Aunt Nancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
2. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
3. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
4. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
5. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)