|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) January 15th.
(b) December 25th.
(c) February 21st.
(d) January 1st.
3. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
(a) To flee to another state.
(c) To be beaten by her master.
(d) To be returned to slavery.
4. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
(a) Harriet Jacobs.
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) William Brent.
5. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
(a) She convinces him to become a slave.
(b) She convinces him to free her from slavery.
(c) She convinces him to go North and seek his fortune.
(d) She convinces him to kill himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
2. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
3. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
4. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
5. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)