|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) January 1st.
(b) January 15th.
(c) February 21st.
(d) December 25th.
2. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
(a) Her new shirt.
(b) Her new shoes.
(c) Her new bible.
(d) Her new bike.
3. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
(a) Running, playing, and jumping.
(b) Kindness, love, and honor.
(c) Beatings, whippings, and murders.
(d) Parties, gambling, and drinking.
4. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
(a) Benjamin is Linda's uncle.
(b) Benjamin is Linda's cousin.
(c) Benjamin is Linda's brother.
(d) Benjamin is Linda's husband.
5. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
(a) Her adolesence.
(b) Her adulthood.
(c) Her childhood.
(d) Her tweens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is jealous of Linda?
2. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
3. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
4. Who does Linda fall in love with?
5. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)