|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
(a) Her new shoes.
(b) Her new bike.
(c) Her new shirt.
(d) Her new bible.
2. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
(a) Running, playing, and jumping.
(b) Kindness, love, and honor.
(c) Beatings, whippings, and murders.
(d) Parties, gambling, and drinking.
3. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
(a) Six years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Twenty years old.
(d) Eight years old.
4. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
(a) It forces the slaves to choose their owners.
(b) It forces people to marry.
(c) It takes away their property.
(d) It tears families apart.
5. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
(a) Benjamin is Linda's husband.
(b) Benjamin is Linda's uncle.
(c) Benjamin is Linda's cousin.
(d) Benjamin is Linda's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda fall in love with?
2. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
3. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
4. Which character is jealous of Linda?
5. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)