|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
(a) It forces the slaves to choose their owners.
(b) It tears families apart.
(c) It forces people to marry.
(d) It takes away their property.
2. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
(a) Benjamin is Linda's husband.
(b) Benjamin is Linda's cousin.
(c) Benjamin is Linda's uncle.
(d) Benjamin is Linda's brother.
3. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
(a) She thinks she is a great writer.
(b) She hopes to help change the destiny of the millions of women who still live in slavery.
(c) She hopes to aid the slaveholders.
(d) She wants to be rich.
4. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
(a) To flee to another state.
(b) To be beaten by her master.
(d) To be returned to slavery.
5. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
(a) Her adolesence.
(b) Her childhood.
(c) Her adulthood.
(d) Her tweens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character sees Benjamin in New York?
2. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
3. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
4. Why does Linda never go hungry?
5. At what age does Linda first discover that she is a slave?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)