|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
(a) She convinces him to free her from slavery.
(b) She convinces him to kill himself.
(c) She convinces him to go North and seek his fortune.
(d) She convinces him to become a slave.
2. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
(a) To be beaten by her master.
(b) To flee to another state.
(c) To be returned to slavery.
3. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
(b) Linda is a cook and steals food.
(c) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
(d) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
4. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
(a) Her childhood.
(b) Her adolesence.
(c) Her tweens.
(d) Her adulthood.
5. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is jealous of Linda?
2. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
3. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
4. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
5. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)