|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author's purpose for writing this book?
(a) She thinks she is a great writer.
(b) She hopes to help change the destiny of the millions of women who still live in slavery.
(c) She hopes to aid the slaveholders.
(d) She wants to be rich.
2. Which character is jealous of Linda?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(b) Mrs. Flint.
3. Why is the author hesitant to write her book?
(a) She is not writing about facts.
(b) She is self-conscious about her lack of formal education.
(c) She is illiterate.
(d) She is afraid no one will believe her.
4. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
(a) It forces the slaves to choose their owners.
(b) It takes away their property.
(c) It tears families apart.
(d) It forces people to marry.
5. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
(a) The slave spits at Dr. Flint.
(b) The slave steals food from Dr. Flint's daughter.
(c) The slave fathers a child with Mrs. Flint.
(d) The slave suspects Dr. Flint is the father of his wife's child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda fall in love with?
2. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
3. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
4. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
5. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)