|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, Free at Last.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character leaves with Linda when she escapes from the South?
2. What job type, or title, does Linda secure?
(a) A job as a cook.
(b) A job as a nursemaid.
(c) Linda did not secure a job.
(d) A job as a seamstress.
3. For what political party does Mr. Sands run for office?
(a) The Democratic Party.
(b) The Whig Party.
(c) Mr. Sands did not run for a political office.
(d) The Republican Party.
4. What is the occupation of the character Linda meets soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
(a) A plantation owner.
(b) A senator.
(c) A minister.
(d) A student.
5. Linda changes her mind, and goes ahead and flees North when someone spots her. Who is it?
(a) A local gossip.
(b) Dr. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
2. How often does the town usually have a muster?
3. How many days does Linda's journey take to reach her first destination?
4. How do Linda and her grandmother feel when William is no longer a daily part of their lives?
5. Where does Linda leave Ellen when she travels to England?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)