Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, A Hairbreadth Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Linda send to try to dissuade Mr. Sands from his plans for her children?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) Her grandmother.
2. During Linda's meeting with the character in question #101, what information is discovered?
(a) Linda discovers that Aunt Nancy has died.
(b) Linda discovers that Dr. Flint is on his way to recapture her.
(c) Linda discovers that Benny has known about her hiding place for quite some time.
(d) Linda discovers that Mr. Sands has sold Ellen into slavery.
3. Who informs Linda that her children have been sold?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(c) The Flints.
(d) Mr. Sands.
4. Why does Linda feel that Aunt Nancy is 'slowly murdered'?
(a) Because she was starved.
(b) Because she was neglected and overworked.
(c) Because she was imprisoned.
(d) Because she was beaten.
5. What does William do when he is in Washington?
(a) He helps Linda escape from slavery.
(b) He escapes from slavery.
(c) He kills Mr. Sands.
(d) Nothing. William does not go to Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
2. In Chapter 10, Dr. Flint is still determined to have his way with Linda. What plan does he devise to remove Linda from the watchful eyes of those who love her?
3. Where is Ellen sent to live?
4. Whom does Aunt Marthy invite over for Christmas dinner?
5. What family ends up employing Linda?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)