|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32, The Meeting of Mother and Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Benny bitten by, causing him to become seriously injured?
(a) A mosquito.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A red ant.
(d) A dog.
2. How do Linda and William remain connected?
(a) They remain connected through letters.
(b) They remain connected through their children.
(c) They do not remain connected.
(d) They remain connected through daily contact.
3. What item does the young Mrs. Flint deny an old feeble slave?
(a) His medication.
(b) His meat ration.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His share of work.
4. Where does Dr. Flint clearly believe Linda escapes to?
(a) The free states.
(c) Nowhere. Linda never escaped.
5. Whom does Aunt Marthy invite over for Christmas dinner?
(b) Uncle Phillip.
(c) Two slave hunters.
(d) Dr. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
2. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
3. Why does Linda risk coming out of hiding to talk to Mr. Sands?
4. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
5. Linda changes her mind, and goes ahead and flees North when someone spots her. Who is it?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)