|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24, The Candidate for Congress | Chapter 25, Competition in Cunning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
(a) Dr. Flint never threatened or promised her anything.
(b) Linda knows he is dishonest.
(c) Linda was afraid to believe his promises.
(d) Linda knew his wife would not let him keep his promises.
2. What is posted within 24 hours of Linda's disappearance?
(a) Advertisements offering a reward for her capture.
(b) Nothing was posted because Linda never disappeared.
(c) Posters of Linda's children.
(d) Posters of Linda being hung.
3. Who does Linda have an affair with to thwart Dr. Flint's plan?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(b) Mr. Lover.
(c) Mr. Flint.
(d) Mr. Jones.
4. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
(a) Up North to work for a friend.
(b) To the plantation.
(c) To his doctor offices.
(d) To work for Mr. Litch.
5. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
(b) Uncle Fred.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Mr. Sands.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
2. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
3. What item does Linda send to Dr. Flint to confirm his beliefs?
4. What does Mr. Sands promise Aunt Marthy?
5. After Linda hides in the swamps, what is the location of her new hiding spot?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)