Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, New Perils | Chapter 21, The Loophole of Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
(a) At midmight.
(b) In the early morning.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) In the afternoon.
2. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
(a) He told her that he couldn't wait to sell her children for large sums of money.
(b) He told Linda that he would tell his wife that Linda's children were his.
(c) He told Linda he would give her her freeedom if she let him have what he wanted.
(d) He told Linda that he would tell who the father of her children were.
3. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
(a) They tend to treat them harsher.
(b) Northerners do not move South to purchase slaves.
(c) They tend to treat them the same.
(d) They tend to treat them kinder.
4. Why is Linda hiding in the swamps?
(a) Linda enjoys the swamps.
(b) She is waiting for a new secure hiding place.
(c) The Flints find Linda and she flees to the swamps.
(d) Linda's hider kicks her out and she had no other place to go.
5. What work does William perform for Dr. Flint?
(a) William does not work for Dr. Flint.
(b) William is Dr. Flint's field foreman.
(c) William works in the fields on Dr. Flint's plantation.
(d) William is Dr. Flint's medical assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Aunt Marthy and Linda related?
2. What does Mrs. Flint take away from Linda?
3. What tool does Linda use to make a hole in her hiding place?
4. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
5. Why doesn't Linda tell her family about her hiding place?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)