Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Fear of Insurrection | Chapter 13, The Church and Slavery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
(a) They are told that it is more difficult and unpleasant than their current lives in slavery.
(b) They are told that the Northern states have slavery too.
(c) They are told that they will freeze to death if they flee North.
(d) They are told that it is bliss.
2. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
(a) Kindness, love, and honor.
(b) Parties, gambling, and drinking.
(c) Running, playing, and jumping.
(d) Beatings, whippings, and murders.
3. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
(a) Linda escapes from slavery.
(b) Dr. Flint allows Linda her freedom.
(c) Linda becomes pregnant.
(d) Dr. Flint begins making advances toward her.
4. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
(a) She convinces him to free her from slavery.
(b) She convinces him to kill himself.
(c) She convinces him to become a slave.
(d) She convinces him to go North and seek his fortune.
5. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Linda's life is unusually happy for a slave?
2. Why does Linda never go hungry?
3. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
4. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
5. In Chapter 10, Dr. Flint is still determined to have his way with Linda. What plan does he devise to remove Linda from the watchful eyes of those who love her?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)