Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, What Slaves are Taught to Believe About the North | Chapter 9, Sketches of Neighboring Slaveholders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Flint family treat their slaves?
(a) With cruelty.
(b) With kindness.
(c) With respect.
(d) With love.
2. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
3. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
(a) It forces people to marry.
(b) It forces the slaves to choose their owners.
(c) It tears families apart.
(d) It takes away their property.
4. What happens to Linda when she reaches the age of 15?
(a) Linda becomes pregnant.
(b) Dr. Flint begins making advances toward her.
(c) Linda escapes from slavery.
(d) Dr. Flint allows Linda her freedom.
5. How are Benjamin and Linda related?
(a) Benjamin is Linda's cousin.
(b) Benjamin is Linda's uncle.
(c) Benjamin is Linda's brother.
(d) Benjamin is Linda's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author's alias used in the story?
2. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
3. The sexual abuse of young female slaves is...?
4. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
5. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)