|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
2. Which character does Linda meet with before she departs on her journey North?
(b) Aunt Nancy.
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) Mr. Sands.
3. During Linda's meeting with the character in question #101, what information is discovered?
(a) Linda discovers that Mr. Sands has sold Ellen into slavery.
(b) Linda discovers that Benny has known about her hiding place for quite some time.
(c) Linda discovers that Dr. Flint is on his way to recapture her.
(d) Linda discovers that Aunt Nancy has died.
4. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) January 1st.
(b) January 15th.
(c) December 25th.
(d) February 21st.
5. Why is Linda overwhelmed by the big city sights and sounds?
(a) Linda is not overwhelmed.
(b) Linda is afraid she will be spotted by a slave hunter.
(c) This is Linda's first trip to a big city.
(d) Linda is sick and needs rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
2. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
3. Who does Mr. Thorpe write a letter to, telling this person Linda's whereabouts?
4. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
5. For approximately how many years does Linda stay in hiding before an opportunity to escape arises?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)