|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event happens to Linda during her second winter in her den?
(a) Her grandmother dies.
(b) Dr. Flint finds out where she's hiding.
(c) She becomes very ill.
(d) Benny becomes very ill.
2. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
(a) A kind slaveholder woman in town.
(b) Mr. Sands.
(c) The Flints.
(d) A kind slaveholder man in town.
3. Who does Mr. Bruce want Linda to accompany to England?
(a) Mary, his young daughter.
(b) Mrs. Bruce.
(d) His cousin.
4. What group of people does Linda's host introduce her to in order to help her continue her journey to New York?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The underground railroad society.
(d) The anti-slavery society.
5. Mr. Sands considers William to be a coworker and a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
2. When Linda goes into hiding in Boston, who lives with her there?
3. For approximately how many years does Linda stay in hiding before an opportunity to escape arises?
4. While in Steventon, Linda witnesses severe poverty that she's never seen before. Although Linda feels sorry for these people, she also believes that they are lucky. Why does Linda feel this way?
5. What is Mr. Sands' response to Linda's demands?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)