|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what mode of transportation does Linda continue her journey to New York?
(a) By train.
(b) By foot.
(c) By boat.
(d) By carriage.
2. What event happens during Linda's first night in the big city that makes her aware of the differences between life in the North versus life in the South?
(a) Linda awakes to the sounds of a mother crying in the streets.
(b) Linda awakes to the sounds of singing in the streets.
(c) Linda awakes to the sounds of a fire and is shocked to see that no one else wakes to help out.
(d) Linda awakes to the sounds of carriages in the street.
3. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
4. How often does the town usually have a muster?
(a) Once every five years.
(b) Twice each year.
(c) Once a year.
(d) Once a month.
5. After Linda's meeting with Ellen, whom does she begin looking for?
(a) Her uncle, Benjamin.
(b) Her friend, Fanny.
(c) Her son, Benny.
(d) Her brother, William.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Linda leave Benny when she travels to England?
2. Who arranges for Linda's escape?
3. Why is Linda overwhelmed by the big city sights and sounds?
4. Who does Linda send to try to dissuade Mr. Sands from his plans for her children?
5. How does Mr. Sands feel about William's work ethic?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)