|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
(a) Beatings, whippings, and murders.
(b) Parties, gambling, and drinking.
(c) Running, playing, and jumping.
(d) Kindness, love, and honor.
2. Which character dies while Linda is in hiding in Boston?
(a) Aunt Nancy.
(c) Mrs. Bruce.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
3. Who buys Linda's children from the Flints?
(a) No one, because Linda's children are free.
(b) Mr. Sands.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
4. Who does Linda meet soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
(a) Reverend Durham.
(b) Ellen Brett.
(c) Mr. Sands.
(d) Dr. Flint.
5. What group of people does Linda's host introduce her to in order to help her continue her journey to New York?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The underground railroad society.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The anti-slavery society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
2. Who does not remember Linda?
3. On what mode of transportation does Linda continue her journey to New York?
4. When Linda goes into hiding in Boston, who lives with her there?
5. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)