|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
(a) She was hiding from the Flints in a small room.
(b) She was hiding from the Bretts in some bushes.
(c) She was hiding from the Flints in some bushes.
(d) She was hiding from the Flints in an attic.
2. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
(a) At midmight.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) In the early morning.
3. While in Steventon, Linda witnesses severe poverty that she's never seen before. Although Linda feels sorry for these people, she also believes that they are lucky. Why does Linda feel this way?
(a) Linda knew that these poor people had the rights of the law to protect them.
(b) Linda knew that these people would eventually be sold into slavery.
(c) Linda did not feel sorry for these people, and thought they deserved poverty.
(d) Linda knew that these people had more money than the slaves.
4. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
(a) To teach the slaves to obey their masters.
(b) To teach the slaves how to pray.
(c) To teach the slaves to read.
(d) To teach the slaves how to escape North.
5. Who does Linda meet soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
(a) Reverend Durham.
(b) Ellen Brett.
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) Mr. Sands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
2. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
3. How does Mr. Sands feel about William's work ethic?
4. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
5. Why do Benny and Ellen believe in Santa Claus?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)