|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Thorpe write a letter to, telling this person Linda's whereabouts?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(b) Mrs. Jones.
(c) Mrs. Dobbs.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
2. Where does Linda leave Ellen when she travels to England?
(a) Sent Ellen to live with her father in her hometown.
(b) She took Ellen with her.
(c) With a friend so she could attend school.
(d) Left Ellen with The Hobbs'.
3. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
4. Why does William accompany Mr. Sands to Washington?
(a) To escape from slavery.
(b) To find Linda.
(c) To be his assistant.
(d) To find Linda's children.
5. Who does Mr. Sands inform of his true relationship with Benny and Ellen?
(a) His new wife.
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Dr. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda send to try to dissuade Mr. Sands from his plans for her children?
2. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
3. Who buys Linda's children from the Flints?
4. Which character does Linda meet with before she departs on her journey North?
5. What two things does Linda immediately notice about Ellen?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)