|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Thorpe grateful to for bestowing kindness onto him?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Mrs. Hobbs.
2. After Linda's meeting with Ellen, whom does she begin looking for?
(a) Her uncle, Benjamin.
(b) Her son, Benny.
(c) Her friend, Fanny.
(d) Her brother, William.
3. Who buys Linda's children from the Flints?
(b) Mr. Sands.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
(d) No one, because Linda's children are free.
4. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
(b) Uncle Fred.
(c) Mr. Sands.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
5. Who writes Emily Flint's letter to Linda?
(a) Her sister/mother.
(b) Her brother/father.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
2. During Linda's meeting with the character in question #101, what information is discovered?
3. How does Mrs. Bruce react to the news that Linda confesses to her?
4. Why is Linda overwhelmed by the big city sights and sounds?
5. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)