|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
(a) Do not exist.
(c) All slaveholders are good and kind.
2. Why is Linda overwhelmed by the big city sights and sounds?
(a) Linda is not overwhelmed.
(b) Linda is sick and needs rest.
(c) Linda is afraid she will be spotted by a slave hunter.
(d) This is Linda's first trip to a big city.
3. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) February 21st.
(b) January 1st.
(c) January 15th.
(d) December 25th.
4. How does Mrs. Bruce react to the news that Linda confesses to her?
(a) She is sympathetic and assists Linda into hiding.
(b) She is shocked, and shuns Linda and her family.
(c) She doesn't care one way or another.
(d) She is mad and tells Dr. Flint where to find Linda.
5. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(a) A free black man in her town.
(c) Dr. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Benny bitten by, causing him to become seriously injured?
2. Who buys Linda's children from the Flints?
3. How many miles does Linda have to walk to see her family?
4. In what part of New York does Linda meet up with Ellen?
5. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)