|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. Who informs Linda that her children have been sold?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(c) The Flints.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
3. What event happens during Linda's first night in the big city that makes her aware of the differences between life in the North versus life in the South?
(a) Linda awakes to the sounds of a mother crying in the streets.
(b) Linda awakes to the sounds of a fire and is shocked to see that no one else wakes to help out.
(c) Linda awakes to the sounds of singing in the streets.
(d) Linda awakes to the sounds of carriages in the street.
4. How does Mrs. Bruce react to the news that Linda confesses to her?
(a) She is sympathetic and assists Linda into hiding.
(b) She is mad and tells Dr. Flint where to find Linda.
(c) She doesn't care one way or another.
(d) She is shocked, and shuns Linda and her family.
5. Who arranges for Linda's escape?
(a) Her brother, William.
(b) Her friend, Peter.
(c) Her master, Dr. Flint.
(d) Her daughter, Ellen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Linda has made several attempts to avoid this person at the Hobbs' house, who requests to see her?
2. Who continues to go out of his way to help Linda and her companion when they reach Philadelphia?
3. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
4. Who buys Linda's children from the Flints?
5. How do Linda and her grandmother feel when William is no longer a daily part of their lives?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)