|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in Steventon, Linda witnesses severe poverty that she's never seen before. Although Linda feels sorry for these people, she also believes that they are lucky. Why does Linda feel this way?
(a) Linda knew that these people had more money than the slaves.
(b) Linda did not feel sorry for these people, and thought they deserved poverty.
(c) Linda knew that these poor people had the rights of the law to protect them.
(d) Linda knew that these people would eventually be sold into slavery.
2. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
3. Whom does Aunt Marthy invite over for Christmas dinner?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(c) Uncle Phillip.
(d) Two slave hunters.
4. What does William do when he is in Washington?
(a) Nothing. William does not go to Washington.
(b) He escapes from slavery.
(c) He helps Linda escape from slavery.
(d) He kills Mr. Sands.
5. What does Linda make for her children at Christmas?
(a) She sews clothes and toys.
(b) She makes them cakes and cookies.
(c) She does not make them anything.
(d) She draws them pictures of the North.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Linda that her children have been sold?
2. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
3. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
4. What is Benny bitten by, causing him to become seriously injured?
5. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)