|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes Emily Flint's letter to Linda?
(a) Her cousin.
(c) Her brother/father.
(d) Her sister/mother.
2. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
(a) He wants to sell the children into slavery.
(b) She wants to raise Benny as her own.
(c) He wants to raise the children as his own.
(d) She wants to sell the children into slavery.
3. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
4. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
(a) To flee to another state.
(b) To be beaten by her master.
(d) To be returned to slavery.
5. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
(a) They are told that it is bliss.
(b) They are told that they will freeze to death if they flee North.
(c) They are told that it is more difficult and unpleasant than their current lives in slavery.
(d) They are told that the Northern states have slavery too.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda meet soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
2. Who does Mr. Sands inform of his true relationship with Benny and Ellen?
3. Where is Ellen sent to live?
4. Who informs Linda that her children have been sold?
5. Who continues to go out of his way to help Linda and her companion when they reach Philadelphia?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)