|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Bruce react to the news that Linda confesses to her?
(a) She is shocked, and shuns Linda and her family.
(b) She is mad and tells Dr. Flint where to find Linda.
(c) She doesn't care one way or another.
(d) She is sympathetic and assists Linda into hiding.
2. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
(a) To teach the slaves how to escape North.
(b) To teach the slaves how to pray.
(c) To teach the slaves to read.
(d) To teach the slaves to obey their masters.
3. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) Nat Turner's insurrection.
(b) Linda's disappearance.
(c) Benjamin's escape to the North.
(d) The death of a slave.
4. Who does Mr. Thorpe write a letter to, telling this person Linda's whereabouts?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(b) Mrs. Dobbs.
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) Mrs. Jones.
5. Who writes Emily Flint's letter to Linda?
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her brother/father.
(d) Her sister/mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Linda initially accepts the opportunity to escape, she is talked into staying. Who does Linda give her opportunity to?
2. What is Benny bitten by, causing him to become seriously injured?
3. Who becomes very ill in jail and goes to live with the Flints?
4. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
5. Who arranges for Linda's escape?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)