|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Linda initially accepts the opportunity to escape, she is talked into staying. Who does Linda give her opportunity to?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(d) No One.
2. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(b) Uncle Fred.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
3. What does Linda make for her children at Christmas?
(a) She draws them pictures of the North.
(b) She sews clothes and toys.
(c) She does not make them anything.
(d) She makes them cakes and cookies.
4. How do Linda and her grandmother feel when William is no longer a daily part of their lives?
(a) They feel anger.
(b) They feel happy.
(c) They feel nothing.
(d) They feel saddened.
5. After Linda receives the letter from the Flints, who comes to New York to look for her?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(b) Mrs. Flint.
(c) Emily Flint.
(d) Dr. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Benny bitten by, causing him to become seriously injured?
2. Who informs Linda that her children have been sold?
3. What event happens to Linda during her second winter in her den?
4. How does Mrs. Bruce react to the news that Linda confesses to her?
5. What is Mr. Sands' response to Linda's demands?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)