|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Aunt Marthy when she is ill?
(a) Benjamin Brett.
(b) Jane Hoffman.
(c) Linda Brett.
(d) Mrs. Flint.
2. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
(a) Northerners do not move South to purchase slaves.
(b) They tend to treat them the same.
(c) They tend to treat them harsher.
(d) They tend to treat them kinder.
3. How does Mr. Sands feel about William's work ethic?
(a) He is unsatisified with it.
(b) He beats William until he changes.
(c) William never worked for Mr. Sands.
(d) He is satisified with it.
4. How do Linda and William remain connected?
(a) They remain connected through daily contact.
(b) They remain connected through letters.
(c) They remain connected through their children.
(d) They do not remain connected.
5. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
(c) Aunt Marthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William do when he is in Washington?
2. Although Linda initially accepts the opportunity to escape, she is talked into staying. Who does Linda give her opportunity to?
3. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
4. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
5. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)