|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
(a) Running, playing, and jumping.
(b) Beatings, whippings, and murders.
(c) Kindness, love, and honor.
(d) Parties, gambling, and drinking.
2. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
(a) She was hiding from the Flints in a small room.
(b) She was hiding from the Flints in an attic.
(c) She was hiding from the Flints in some bushes.
(d) She was hiding from the Bretts in some bushes.
3. Why doesn't Linda tell her family about her hiding place?
(a) So they cannot turn her in to The Flint family.
(b) So they can truthfully say they have no idea where she is.
(c) Linda never hid, so she had no reason to tell them anything.
(d) To protect her children.
4. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
(d) Aunt Marthy.
5. What is the occupation of the character Linda meets soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
(a) A senator.
(b) A plantation owner.
(c) A student.
(d) A minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Linda and William remain connected?
2. What is Mr. Sands' response to Linda's demands?
3. How many miles does Linda have to walk to see her family?
4. Why does Linda never go hungry?
5. Why is Linda overwhelmed by the big city sights and sounds?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)