|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event happens during Linda's first night in the big city that makes her aware of the differences between life in the North versus life in the South?
(a) Linda awakes to the sounds of a fire and is shocked to see that no one else wakes to help out.
(b) Linda awakes to the sounds of singing in the streets.
(c) Linda awakes to the sounds of a mother crying in the streets.
(d) Linda awakes to the sounds of carriages in the street.
2. What is posted within 24 hours of Linda's disappearance?
(a) Posters of Linda being hung.
(b) Posters of Linda's children.
(c) Advertisements offering a reward for her capture.
(d) Nothing was posted because Linda never disappeared.
3. Why is Linda overwhelmed by the big city sights and sounds?
(a) Linda is afraid she will be spotted by a slave hunter.
(b) Linda is not overwhelmed.
(c) This is Linda's first trip to a big city.
(d) Linda is sick and needs rest.
4. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
(a) Northerners do not move South to purchase slaves.
(b) They tend to treat them the same.
(c) They tend to treat them harsher.
(d) They tend to treat them kinder.
5. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
2. Where is Ellen sent to live?
3. Why is Linda upset by some of Benny's remarks when he arrives in Boston?
4. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
5. How do Linda and her grandmother feel when William is no longer a daily part of their lives?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)