|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Thorpe grateful to for bestowing kindness onto him?
(a) Mrs. Hobbs.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
2. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
(a) To teach the slaves to obey their masters.
(b) To teach the slaves how to escape North.
(c) To teach the slaves how to pray.
(d) To teach the slaves to read.
3. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
(a) Harriet Jacobs.
(b) Dr. Flint.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
(d) William Brent.
4. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
(a) He wants to raise the children as his own.
(b) She wants to raise Benny as her own.
(c) She wants to sell the children into slavery.
(d) He wants to sell the children into slavery.
5. Why is Linda upset by some of Benny's remarks when he arrives in Boston?
(a) She knew the remarks weren't true.
(b) She thought the remarks were mean.
(c) She thought the remarks were rude.
(d) She knew the remarks were true.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. During Linda's meeting with the character in question #101, what information is discovered?
3. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
4. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
5. Who does Mr. Thorpe write a letter to, telling this person Linda's whereabouts?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)