|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one lie does the author point out in the letter from Emily?
(a) That the family sold her son.
(b) That the family sold her daughter.
(c) That the family did not go to any trouble or expense to retrieve her.
(d) That the family was willing to sell her.
2. For approximately how many years does Linda stay in hiding before an opportunity to escape arises?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 1 year.
3. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
4. Who does Linda send to try to dissuade Mr. Sands from his plans for her children?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Dr. Flint.
5. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
2. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
3. What is the occupation of the character Linda meets soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
4. What information does Linda tell Mrs. Bruce before she leaves the family?
5. How does Mrs. Bruce react to the news that Linda confesses to her?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)