|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
(a) He wants to raise the children as his own.
(b) She wants to raise Benny as her own.
(c) He wants to sell the children into slavery.
(d) She wants to sell the children into slavery.
2. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
3. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
(a) Do not exist.
(c) All slaveholders are good and kind.
4. Who buys Linda's children from the Flints?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
(d) No one, because Linda's children are free.
5. Who does Linda meet soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
(a) Ellen Brett.
(b) Reverend Durham.
(c) Mr. Sands.
(d) Dr. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does William accompany Mr. Sands to Washington?
2. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
3. What is the occupation of the character Linda meets soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
4. Which character does Linda meet with before she departs on her journey North?
5. What one lie does the author point out in the letter from Emily?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)