|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Linda meet soon after she arrives at her first destination in the North?
(a) Reverend Durham.
(b) Dr. Flint.
(c) Ellen Brett.
(d) Mr. Sands.
2. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
(a) He proposes to escape slavery with her.
(b) He proposes to move into Aunt Marthy's.
(c) He proposes to marry her and wishes to buy her.
(d) He proposes to sell her to another slaveholder.
3. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
4. Even though Linda has made several attempts to avoid this person at the Hobbs' house, who requests to see her?
(b) Mr. Thorpe.
(c) Mrs. Hobbs.
(d) Mrs. Bruce.
5. What event happens to Linda during her second winter in her den?
(a) Dr. Flint finds out where she's hiding.
(b) Her grandmother dies.
(c) She becomes very ill.
(d) Benny becomes very ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
2. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
3. What one lie does the author point out in the letter from Emily?
4. What is posted within 24 hours of Linda's disappearance?
5. Which character dies while Linda is in hiding in Boston?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)