|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37, A Visit to England.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
(a) To teach the slaves how to pray.
(b) To teach the slaves to obey their masters.
(c) To teach the slaves how to escape North.
(d) To teach the slaves to read.
2. For approximately how many years does Linda stay in hiding before an opportunity to escape arises?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 5 years.
3. Linda changes her mind, and goes ahead and flees North when someone spots her. Who is it?
(a) A local gossip.
(b) Dr. Flint.
4. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
(a) She was hiding from the Flints in some bushes.
(b) She was hiding from the Flints in an attic.
(c) She was hiding from the Bretts in some bushes.
(d) She was hiding from the Flints in a small room.
5. Why doesn't Linda tell her family about her hiding place?
(a) Linda never hid, so she had no reason to tell them anything.
(b) So they can truthfully say they have no idea where she is.
(c) To protect her children.
(d) So they cannot turn her in to The Flint family.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Linda's meeting with Ellen, whom does she begin looking for?
2. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
3. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
4. Where does Linda leave Ellen when she travels to England?
5. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)